Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you like where you live?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've always been in southeastern Wisconsin, specifically around the Milwaukee area. It's kinda hard to say how much I love it since it's all I know, but I do have some Milwaukee pride! It hasn't been a bad city to me. The downtown is vaguely confusing (though I'm sure nothing in comparison to other large cities) and we have Lake Michigan right here, too. c: Lots of beer industry history too and a pretty cool zoo as well!

I guess it's really not such a bad place, we have our awesome attractions but they just don't stand out nearly as much as nearby Chicago, haha.
I've always been in southeastern Wisconsin, specifically around the Milwaukee area. It's kinda hard to say how much I love it since it's all I know, but I do have some Milwaukee pride! It hasn't been a bad city to me. The downtown is vaguely confusing (though I'm sure nothing in comparison to other large cities) and we have Lake Michigan right here, too. c: Lots of beer industry history too and a pretty cool zoo as well!

I guess it's really not such a bad place, we have our awesome attractions but they just don't stand out nearly as much as nearby Chicago, haha.

U58SZuw.png
I feel more connected to the city I lived in before than the city I live in now, but I like my apartment and the nearby parks. The city designers made my previous city more friendly to pedestrians, while where I live now seems to be designed for cars and cars only. I can drive but I like to go on walks, it is my primary exercise, and my means for a change of scenery. Needs more sidewalks and crosswalks. And nearby places to walk to. I used to do 90% of my errands on foot, but now only parks and houses are in walking distance. I feel more cut off.

Anyway the apartment is the nicest I've lived in yet. It's home.
I feel more connected to the city I lived in before than the city I live in now, but I like my apartment and the nearby parks. The city designers made my previous city more friendly to pedestrians, while where I live now seems to be designed for cars and cars only. I can drive but I like to go on walks, it is my primary exercise, and my means for a change of scenery. Needs more sidewalks and crosswalks. And nearby places to walk to. I used to do 90% of my errands on foot, but now only parks and houses are in walking distance. I feel more cut off.

Anyway the apartment is the nicest I've lived in yet. It's home.
Sorrel
ze / zer / zerself
borb_2smol.pngtumblr_inline_n748cxxBuC1r6gsnp.gifcoatl_banner.pngtumblr_inline_n748cxxBuC1r6gsnp.gifborb_smol.png
Nooooooo. I've lived in a total of six states, and Florida is my least favorite out of them all. It's hot all year, humid, and has a ton of severe weather. I can't stand heat at all, so the 90 degree weather from March-November is really uncomfortable. The heat is even worse when our air conditioner (constantly) breaks down >_>
Nooooooo. I've lived in a total of six states, and Florida is my least favorite out of them all. It's hot all year, humid, and has a ton of severe weather. I can't stand heat at all, so the 90 degree weather from March-November is really uncomfortable. The heat is even worse when our air conditioner (constantly) breaks down >_>
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif 1UI2JZj.gif i'm ein
fr +3
my artshop
warcraft dweeb
she/her
Greece would be awesome for holidays. To live in? Not so much.
Greece would be awesome for holidays. To live in? Not so much.
iK0jgh4.png
I live in a town that's near Sacramento in CA. I don't like it much to be honest - it's a college town, and it's really isolated. like it's in its own little bubble. the bright side is that it's really liberal. We're moving to Sacramento proper sometime in 2016 and I'm really looking forward to it.
I live in a town that's near Sacramento in CA. I don't like it much to be honest - it's a college town, and it's really isolated. like it's in its own little bubble. the bright side is that it's really liberal. We're moving to Sacramento proper sometime in 2016 and I'm really looking forward to it.
I used to love Denver, but so many people are moving here and it's kinda ruining it. There's so much traffic now, and rude people, and the cost of living is rising too fast. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to afford to live here much longer. It sucks, but it's not like I have a choice.

Hopefully, I can move someplace with better weather. It's way too hot here. Unfortunately, most jobs that I come across are in places that are even hotter. Oregon, Washington, or maybe Idaho would be nice. Or even out of the country. I'd move to Canada so fast if I could.
I used to love Denver, but so many people are moving here and it's kinda ruining it. There's so much traffic now, and rude people, and the cost of living is rising too fast. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to afford to live here much longer. It sucks, but it's not like I have a choice.

Hopefully, I can move someplace with better weather. It's way too hot here. Unfortunately, most jobs that I come across are in places that are even hotter. Oregon, Washington, or maybe Idaho would be nice. Or even out of the country. I'd move to Canada so fast if I could.
I live in Massachusetts.
I think if I lived in a different area I'd like it, but I do not like where I live at the moment at all.
I live in Massachusetts.
I think if I lived in a different area I'd like it, but I do not like where I live at the moment at all.
zB4XaRD.png B8XoohL.png

† Lorem ipsum cogito

† Lorem ipsum cogito

† Lorem ipsum cogito

TqeJzMt.png
_
dGvW6rG.png
GylqvPT.png
FR +3
2AxXh4B.png
@Linny I live near Milwaukee too, in Waukesha county. I've lived in Wisconsin as a whole for about 4 1/2 years now, and unfortunately it's not been too kind to me - not only socially, but the weather as well. I'm kind of a big baby, admittedly. Prior to moving to Wisconsin I'd lived in my birthstate of Arizona for some time, and had grown spoiled by the year-round warmth.

This year the weather has been pretty mild, but we're gearing up for a snowstorm now, as I'm sure you've heard. :/

But I agree the zoo is quite nice! And I like going downtown to see the lakefront every once in a while, too. I really do think the art museum is the pride of our skyline.
@Linny I live near Milwaukee too, in Waukesha county. I've lived in Wisconsin as a whole for about 4 1/2 years now, and unfortunately it's not been too kind to me - not only socially, but the weather as well. I'm kind of a big baby, admittedly. Prior to moving to Wisconsin I'd lived in my birthstate of Arizona for some time, and had grown spoiled by the year-round warmth.

This year the weather has been pretty mild, but we're gearing up for a snowstorm now, as I'm sure you've heard. :/

But I agree the zoo is quite nice! And I like going downtown to see the lakefront every once in a while, too. I really do think the art museum is the pride of our skyline.
tumblr_oqsok9XJ5W1scjw72o1_540.jpg
I live in a little country town in South Carolina (population unknown... probably around 500-1000 people), and I don't much like it... There really isn't anything to do unless you drive about an hour away, and it's not much worth the drive to go out.

To be honest, I'd love to live anywhere than where I am now, in a city.. Not so much a NYC type place, but also not absolutely huge and deserted. Somewhere in the middle. Busy enough to have plenty to do, but also easy to relax in. And gods would I love having a nice house of my own, but I'd settle for a big enough apartment.
I live in a little country town in South Carolina (population unknown... probably around 500-1000 people), and I don't much like it... There really isn't anything to do unless you drive about an hour away, and it's not much worth the drive to go out.

To be honest, I'd love to live anywhere than where I am now, in a city.. Not so much a NYC type place, but also not absolutely huge and deserted. Somewhere in the middle. Busy enough to have plenty to do, but also easy to relax in. And gods would I love having a nice house of my own, but I'd settle for a big enough apartment.
4fxtl3.png Wiki-wordmark.pngtumblr_njw2bk1eZi1unlpe2o1_100.png
AK ALL THE WAY BABY
AK ALL THE WAY BABY
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8