Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you like where you live?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@ThornOfStorm130

I feel you. Are you in the warzone? (Like local Burque people name several and since I am not from the town originally I still don't know where that damn area is.)

But seriously there is nothing to do here.
@ThornOfStorm130

I feel you. Are you in the warzone? (Like local Burque people name several and since I am not from the town originally I still don't know where that damn area is.)

But seriously there is nothing to do here.
I live in Wales. I love the country, but hate the town I'm in, although not perticually rough or dangerous, it's full of drunks, drug addicts and football supporters.
It's only saving grace is that it's really to get out of and into the countryside. 20 minuets walk down the road in the right direction it's beautiful!
I live in Wales. I love the country, but hate the town I'm in, although not perticually rough or dangerous, it's full of drunks, drug addicts and football supporters.
It's only saving grace is that it's really to get out of and into the countryside. 20 minuets walk down the road in the right direction it's beautiful!
kQwtPyj.png
ku5wTFW.png
I live in sorta central BC in Canada. Really nice, winter gets really cold, summer really warm, there's a freezing lake, we're small but big enough to have a big Walmart and things like that, drive for not even 15 minutes and be in the wilderness, and there's a buncha neat history here! (Like a really famous rodeo for instance, even has a song! And has been going on for as long/ a bit longer than the Calgary one!)
I live in sorta central BC in Canada. Really nice, winter gets really cold, summer really warm, there's a freezing lake, we're small but big enough to have a big Walmart and things like that, drive for not even 15 minutes and be in the wilderness, and there's a buncha neat history here! (Like a really famous rodeo for instance, even has a song! And has been going on for as long/ a bit longer than the Calgary one!)
Don't worry about it. Silly Arcade's just telling magnetic field jokes for his own amusement.
i live in a city just south of atlanta and i hate it, but i adore atlanta and i'd never want to move away from it.
i live in a city just south of atlanta and i hate it, but i adore atlanta and i'd never want to move away from it.
you really think someone would do that?
just go on the internet and tell lies?
@Amulet I'm 20 as well. That's fine, I understand. Do you at least know his major? That will tell me what buildings his classes are in. If that's not creepy. XD and my presentation went well thank you.
@Amulet I'm 20 as well. That's fine, I understand. Do you at least know his major? That will tell me what buildings his classes are in. If that's not creepy. XD and my presentation went well thank you.
I live in New Hampshire and I love it here. I could never move. Its pretty and I dont have to deal with stupid sales tax... And we have the largest arcade in the world.

Live free or die.
I live in New Hampshire and I love it here. I could never move. Its pretty and I dont have to deal with stupid sales tax... And we have the largest arcade in the world.

Live free or die.
lNLqL93.pngvh23Ddz.png
@RoseofRomania good to hear! oh gosh what was it... communication? education?? maybe psych? i think it was one of those.... haha we've def had this conversation before but i forgot, sorry!! he's been getting general requirements out of the way so far at a community college, like i know he's got a personal finance class rn that sounds super boring
@RoseofRomania good to hear! oh gosh what was it... communication? education?? maybe psych? i think it was one of those.... haha we've def had this conversation before but i forgot, sorry!! he's been getting general requirements out of the way so far at a community college, like i know he's got a personal finance class rn that sounds super boring
I live in California about 1 hour away from the meth capital of the world
I live in California about 1 hour away from the meth capital of the world
efohDtn.png
@Amulet Ah that's understandable. Haha I was just curious. XD
@Amulet Ah that's understandable. Haha I was just curious. XD
I have lived in quite a few places: Louisiana, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and now Japan. Japan is insanely beautiful and VERY clean. The first week we were here my husband dropped some muffin crumbs on the sidewalk in the middle of Tokyo.. and one of the guys that was standing around us ran over, picked it up, and put it in the trash. The public transportation is A++. The people are overwhelmingly nice and helpful. I have yet to meet one person who didn't go out of their way to try and help us in one way or another. The respect I have for this country and these people is just.. off the charts.

What I don't like about this place is the weather. It rains. So. Much. I'm usually a gloomy rain type of person but man.. the amount of rain here actually bothers me. I also don't like the fact that I don't know Japanese which is totally on me. But it makes getting around and getting to know the people here pretty difficult.

I'm so going to be that guy who pings everyone. ^_^

@applejuice
I went to Germany back in '08, specifically Berlin, and it was so beautiful. At the time the S-Bahn.. or the U-Bahn (can't remember which one) was on strike... so that was.. interesting. Some fun things that I learned while there:

Never entertain people who ask for money. They will use their kids to guilt trip you into giving them everything you've got.

Never attempt to enter a random establishment to use the restroom with pj's on.

Never forget to bring money for public restrooms.

Pepperoni pizza is cheese pizza with peppers on it.

If you ask for ice in your drink, you will be looked at funny.

10/10 would go again.

@MissW00t @thornofstorm130
I use to live in New Mexico.. Alamogordo to be exact. It was only for a few months and I never went outside of that small city but man.. did that place make me miss grass. 0_o

@Reborn
I have always wanted to go to Vancouver.. every picture I see is absolutely stunning.

@vorpalpoet
DUDE. I use to live in Edmond. The people there were insanely nice, welcoming, and very helpful. Plus.. its the first city I lived in that had actual dog parks?! And dog owners who actually cared for their dogs. That was a nice change from my home state of Louisiana. The one thing I hated about it was the religious nuts. Man.. people take their religion way too seriously there.
I have lived in quite a few places: Louisiana, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and now Japan. Japan is insanely beautiful and VERY clean. The first week we were here my husband dropped some muffin crumbs on the sidewalk in the middle of Tokyo.. and one of the guys that was standing around us ran over, picked it up, and put it in the trash. The public transportation is A++. The people are overwhelmingly nice and helpful. I have yet to meet one person who didn't go out of their way to try and help us in one way or another. The respect I have for this country and these people is just.. off the charts.

What I don't like about this place is the weather. It rains. So. Much. I'm usually a gloomy rain type of person but man.. the amount of rain here actually bothers me. I also don't like the fact that I don't know Japanese which is totally on me. But it makes getting around and getting to know the people here pretty difficult.

I'm so going to be that guy who pings everyone. ^_^

@applejuice
I went to Germany back in '08, specifically Berlin, and it was so beautiful. At the time the S-Bahn.. or the U-Bahn (can't remember which one) was on strike... so that was.. interesting. Some fun things that I learned while there:

Never entertain people who ask for money. They will use their kids to guilt trip you into giving them everything you've got.

Never attempt to enter a random establishment to use the restroom with pj's on.

Never forget to bring money for public restrooms.

Pepperoni pizza is cheese pizza with peppers on it.

If you ask for ice in your drink, you will be looked at funny.

10/10 would go again.

@MissW00t @thornofstorm130
I use to live in New Mexico.. Alamogordo to be exact. It was only for a few months and I never went outside of that small city but man.. did that place make me miss grass. 0_o

@Reborn
I have always wanted to go to Vancouver.. every picture I see is absolutely stunning.

@vorpalpoet
DUDE. I use to live in Edmond. The people there were insanely nice, welcoming, and very helpful. Plus.. its the first city I lived in that had actual dog parks?! And dog owners who actually cared for their dogs. That was a nice change from my home state of Louisiana. The one thing I hated about it was the religious nuts. Man.. people take their religion way too seriously there.
jT39qBx.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8