Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you like where you live?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@RoseofRomania oh hey cool!!!! ive never found someone else on here from my state except the ppl i know irl, so nice to meet u!!!

ah that sounds p bad, i cant imagine how boring downsizing ur town must be. friends are true lifesavers, no doubt. i actually went to college @ georgetown, which is bigger than my hometown PLUS fairly close to lexington so i could make a trip there whenever i wanted. but even lex gets boring after a while tho (imo.... unless i am missing some cool secret hangout spots), i feel like louisville has way more culture and a much better food scene tbh. so if i had to pick a ky town to live in, guess it'd be l'ville.
@RoseofRomania oh hey cool!!!! ive never found someone else on here from my state except the ppl i know irl, so nice to meet u!!!

ah that sounds p bad, i cant imagine how boring downsizing ur town must be. friends are true lifesavers, no doubt. i actually went to college @ georgetown, which is bigger than my hometown PLUS fairly close to lexington so i could make a trip there whenever i wanted. but even lex gets boring after a while tho (imo.... unless i am missing some cool secret hangout spots), i feel like louisville has way more culture and a much better food scene tbh. so if i had to pick a ky town to live in, guess it'd be l'ville.
[color=#800040]I live in Germany and I love my home town. It's one of the greenest cities of the whole country and while it does have some ugly spots, the majority of it is really pretty. We don't have many parks, but more forests and fields instead and a river running right through the city. The river used to be dirty and rid of life because of the textile industry, but huge efforts were made to clean the water and recreate a more natural shoreline. Nowadays the water is so clean that you could drink it directly, and a lot of fish and birds are back, including salmon, kingfishers and water ouzels. Also, you always see one or two herons standing at the shore, even when the main street's just five meters away. Also, this is our main form of public transportation: [center][img]http://www.blumen-flunkert.de/images/schwebebahn/small/schwebebahn_4k.jpg[/img][/center] [color=#800040]Just look at that. Also, we have an amazing zoo that is constantly working on creating better enclosures for their animals. They want to have less animals in the future, but these animals are supposed to have much more room than they have now. They already did it for the tigers and lions, whose enclosures are HUGE. Seriously huge. So yeah, I really love my city and hope that I can stay here all my life. I really enjoy the nature and the huge amount of quiet places. I love that you can spot deer on the fields when you're out early and am always happy when I see herons when driving through the city or when visiting the zoo (several pairs nest there). There are so many people here that you can meet and you always find something new when you're just strolling along. I just really love my city. The weather could be better, tho. There's this saying in our town that says: "People in Wuppertal are born with an umbrella in their hands."
I live in Germany and I love my home town. It's one of the greenest cities of the whole country and while it does have some ugly spots, the majority of it is really pretty. We don't have many parks, but more forests and fields instead and a river running right through the city. The river used to be dirty and rid of life because of the textile industry, but huge efforts were made to clean the water and recreate a more natural shoreline. Nowadays the water is so clean that you could drink it directly, and a lot of fish and birds are back, including salmon, kingfishers and water ouzels. Also, you always see one or two herons standing at the shore, even when the main street's just five meters away.

Also, this is our main form of public transportation:

schwebebahn_4k.jpg

Just look at that.

Also, we have an amazing zoo that is constantly working on creating better enclosures for their animals. They want to have less animals in the future, but these animals are supposed to have much more room than they have now. They already did it for the tigers and lions, whose enclosures are HUGE. Seriously huge.

So yeah, I really love my city and hope that I can stay here all my life. I really enjoy the nature and the huge amount of quiet places. I love that you can spot deer on the fields when you're out early and am always happy when I see herons when driving through the city or when visiting the zoo (several pairs nest there). There are so many people here that you can meet and you always find something new when you're just strolling along.

I just really love my city.

The weather could be better, tho. There's this saying in our town that says: "People in Wuppertal are born with an umbrella in their hands."
iIrk1Wj.png
@Amulet Same here, so this is so cool! XD I don't know much about Lexington. We used to drive through it to take my sister to college in Richmond, but that's about it. I've never been there for more than a few hours. The Ville is where I live. I love it because the metro is so huge, so once you learn your way around, there's tons of places to shop, eat, and hang out. Like movies, mini-golf, bookstores, the zoo, flea markets, the amusement park downtown, Fourth Street Live, etc. So much more. I miss it, and I can't go home every weekend. I'm about two hours out from the city. There's so many secrets I'm still learning about Louisville, like the huge art fair they have every year and such. Of course, Thunder over Louisville, the Derby, and music festivals are fun. ...I gotta shut up, I'm rambling. xD But yeah.
@Amulet Same here, so this is so cool! XD I don't know much about Lexington. We used to drive through it to take my sister to college in Richmond, but that's about it. I've never been there for more than a few hours. The Ville is where I live. I love it because the metro is so huge, so once you learn your way around, there's tons of places to shop, eat, and hang out. Like movies, mini-golf, bookstores, the zoo, flea markets, the amusement park downtown, Fourth Street Live, etc. So much more. I miss it, and I can't go home every weekend. I'm about two hours out from the city. There's so many secrets I'm still learning about Louisville, like the huge art fair they have every year and such. Of course, Thunder over Louisville, the Derby, and music festivals are fun. ...I gotta shut up, I'm rambling. xD But yeah.
I live in a small town in Texas; it's alright. I grew up here, so I wouldn't be comfortable moving far away. But the way things are looking now, my town is going to turn into a metroplex within the next 10 years. which I don't really like. I want to move to a nicer part of the state someday, but I probably won't leave Texas. I like the people here, and I love the heat.
I live in a small town in Texas; it's alright. I grew up here, so I wouldn't be comfortable moving far away. But the way things are looking now, my town is going to turn into a metroplex within the next 10 years. which I don't really like. I want to move to a nicer part of the state someday, but I probably won't leave Texas. I like the people here, and I love the heat.
tumblr_ngcp5g6gr01u402sco1_500.gif
@RoseofRomania aahhhhh lucky you!!!!! u totally grew up in the best city our state's got to offer n im jealous haha. i havent been to louisville too often, but every single time i have it's been super awesome n i've come back w the best memories. i REALLY wanna go back to thunder over louisville like WOW it's the actual most impressive show i've seen in my life haha. i got to stay in the galt house one time for a job training, THAT was super cool too. one day me n my friend drove the whole 1.5 hours there just to eat at a ramen shop bc we didnt know of any that were closer lmao, then we found a neat homemade ice cream and pie shop while we were walking around. idk man youve just got such cool stuff!!! n i didnt even know there was an amusement park omg how did i miss that fact????? gonna have to drag someone along w me to that before i move too far away haha. dont get me wrong, u can have a fun day in lexington too. its just..... not on the same level. we dont even get good concerts at rupp arena, they always seem to book at the yum center instead!
@RoseofRomania aahhhhh lucky you!!!!! u totally grew up in the best city our state's got to offer n im jealous haha. i havent been to louisville too often, but every single time i have it's been super awesome n i've come back w the best memories. i REALLY wanna go back to thunder over louisville like WOW it's the actual most impressive show i've seen in my life haha. i got to stay in the galt house one time for a job training, THAT was super cool too. one day me n my friend drove the whole 1.5 hours there just to eat at a ramen shop bc we didnt know of any that were closer lmao, then we found a neat homemade ice cream and pie shop while we were walking around. idk man youve just got such cool stuff!!! n i didnt even know there was an amusement park omg how did i miss that fact????? gonna have to drag someone along w me to that before i move too far away haha. dont get me wrong, u can have a fun day in lexington too. its just..... not on the same level. we dont even get good concerts at rupp arena, they always seem to book at the yum center instead!
@Amulet Yes, the YUM Center does get all the popular artists, but it's also understandable because it's convenient for Indiana people to come to the shows too. The amusement park was closed for a few years and only reopened a year or two ago. Much of its advertisements are probably down. Right now, I'm in BG, which is SOOOOOO tiny comparatively. Why are you still awake, by the way?XD I'm up writing three papers all due tomorrow; what's youuuuurrrrr excuse? :P ;)
@Amulet Yes, the YUM Center does get all the popular artists, but it's also understandable because it's convenient for Indiana people to come to the shows too. The amusement park was closed for a few years and only reopened a year or two ago. Much of its advertisements are probably down. Right now, I'm in BG, which is SOOOOOO tiny comparatively. Why are you still awake, by the way?XD I'm up writing three papers all due tomorrow; what's youuuuurrrrr excuse? :P ;)
nope.. its run by idiotic goverment.. that only cares about money and power - QLD of where im at.. id rather live in germany with those lush forests,apple farms, snow mountains.. and fresh stag for dinner..
nope.. its run by idiotic goverment.. that only cares about money and power - QLD of where im at.. id rather live in germany with those lush forests,apple farms, snow mountains.. and fresh stag for dinner..
6klg2iF.png
@RoseofRomania oh riiiiight, i vaguely remember hearing about it closing down, now that you mention. but great news that it's back!!! i am def planning this trip, hopefully for this summer!!

oh heeeey i have a non-fr friend who's moving there to start classes next semester!! he's originally from campbellsville so bg prob wont seem horribly small to him tho haha. ive only been there once myself, bc my dad wanted to go to their museum for one of our vacations. honestly the town didnt seem particularly exciting, but hey, def coulda been worse too.

aahhh 3 papers sounds rough, i wish u luck w all of them!!!!! haha nothing exciting on my end, i just work 3rd shift normally n this is my night off. i always keep my schedule the same instead of switching back to daytime soooooo here i am :P i miss college a lot tho, i think i'd rather be writing papers tbh
@RoseofRomania oh riiiiight, i vaguely remember hearing about it closing down, now that you mention. but great news that it's back!!! i am def planning this trip, hopefully for this summer!!

oh heeeey i have a non-fr friend who's moving there to start classes next semester!! he's originally from campbellsville so bg prob wont seem horribly small to him tho haha. ive only been there once myself, bc my dad wanted to go to their museum for one of our vacations. honestly the town didnt seem particularly exciting, but hey, def coulda been worse too.

aahhh 3 papers sounds rough, i wish u luck w all of them!!!!! haha nothing exciting on my end, i just work 3rd shift normally n this is my night off. i always keep my schedule the same instead of switching back to daytime soooooo here i am :P i miss college a lot tho, i think i'd rather be writing papers tbh
I live in southern Illinois and it is hell. I'd like to move to Maine eventually.

our governor is an idiot pass it on
I live in southern Illinois and it is hell. I'd like to move to Maine eventually.

our governor is an idiot pass it on
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
@photosynthesis Hey, I live in Portland too! I've been here my whole life, though, and I don't really like it. I like the rain and my friends, of course, but I've run into many stereotypical, judgmental hipsters.
Since you moved recently, would you say things are more expensive here? I've heard that's the case, but don't really have anywhere to compare it to.
@photosynthesis Hey, I live in Portland too! I've been here my whole life, though, and I don't really like it. I like the rain and my friends, of course, but I've run into many stereotypical, judgmental hipsters.
Since you moved recently, would you say things are more expensive here? I've heard that's the case, but don't really have anywhere to compare it to.
b370d15dcc6c6de13547824fbed56ba2ae0f8153.png Ljw7JvQ.png UBaiWUV.png eIK5iG7.png
JvUa9ma.png feXtM27.png FObX7rS.png
gYW0j5f.png wthFnM3.png gE96VFA.png
they/he | formerly neonpine
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8