Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Not hatching eggs & sending to Hoard
1 2
Although I believe you should be able to handle the space in your lair accordingly, and it's your responsibility to do so, I had an idea for how to deal with eggs if you don't have space.

If you don't have room to hatch them, how about giving them away? You would have a cooldown for this ability, so there aren't excessive amounts of eggs everywhere, and the eggs would go straight from the nest and into your hoard to sell or give away later. I'd buy mystery eggs off the AH for kicks and giggles, and I'd even keep certain eggs if I wanted to keep a baby from a particularly special pair. :)

Restrictions/More:
  • You could only do this after all 5 incubations are done to the eggs.
  • Breeding cooldowns are still effected. You bred the dragons, this doesn't change.
  • Info on the egg would be listed on it: What lair it was laid in, and parentage.
  • As for lore, it would explain the eggs found in scavenging and the coliseum. They were merely eggs that were misplaced or never rehomed?

Here are some applications for the idea:
  • You could also hatch them on specific dates for those who are into that.
  • You could save eggs from retired pairs to sell later.
  • You can gift the egg to a friend.
  • You can sell the egg for profit on the AH.
  • You could buy eggs in the AH and hatch, to level up and exalt for dominance battles.

Give your thoughts and opinions. If this idea sucks, tell me. :) No harm done!
Although I believe you should be able to handle the space in your lair accordingly, and it's your responsibility to do so, I had an idea for how to deal with eggs if you don't have space.

If you don't have room to hatch them, how about giving them away? You would have a cooldown for this ability, so there aren't excessive amounts of eggs everywhere, and the eggs would go straight from the nest and into your hoard to sell or give away later. I'd buy mystery eggs off the AH for kicks and giggles, and I'd even keep certain eggs if I wanted to keep a baby from a particularly special pair. :)

Restrictions/More:
  • You could only do this after all 5 incubations are done to the eggs.
  • Breeding cooldowns are still effected. You bred the dragons, this doesn't change.
  • Info on the egg would be listed on it: What lair it was laid in, and parentage.
  • As for lore, it would explain the eggs found in scavenging and the coliseum. They were merely eggs that were misplaced or never rehomed?

Here are some applications for the idea:
  • You could also hatch them on specific dates for those who are into that.
  • You could save eggs from retired pairs to sell later.
  • You can gift the egg to a friend.
  • You can sell the egg for profit on the AH.
  • You could buy eggs in the AH and hatch, to level up and exalt for dominance battles.

Give your thoughts and opinions. If this idea sucks, tell me. :) No harm done!
Solar Blades I BUY SOLAR BLADES!
FR 0+ Hours (exact with site/server time)
Pardon the typos! I'm on mobile ALOT.
(Probably why a lot of my forum posts are edited.)
kIkbHva.png
Unfortunately I only see a plethura of downsides for this :( it opens up a huge gateway to scamming, even if the lineage was listed on the egg. I could see someone selling them trying to pass them off as regular unhatched ones, or someone listing it in the auction house for the same price as a regular one, tricking someone into buying it. You wouldn't very well be able to change the graphics much on them either, I mean a light egg is a light egg.

I think the drawbacks outweigh the benefits unfortunately even though in theory it would be fun
Unfortunately I only see a plethura of downsides for this :( it opens up a huge gateway to scamming, even if the lineage was listed on the egg. I could see someone selling them trying to pass them off as regular unhatched ones, or someone listing it in the auction house for the same price as a regular one, tricking someone into buying it. You wouldn't very well be able to change the graphics much on them either, I mean a light egg is a light egg.

I think the drawbacks outweigh the benefits unfortunately even though in theory it would be fun
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-11-19 13:17:07] Unfortunately I only see a plethura of downsides for this :( it opens up a huge gateway to scamming, even if the lineage was listed on the egg. I could see someone selling them trying to pass them off as regular unhatched ones, or someone listing it in the auction house for the same price as a regular one, tricking someone into buying it. You wouldn't very well be able to change the graphics much on them either, I mean a light egg is a light egg. I think the drawbacks outweigh the benefits unfortunately even though in theory it would be fun [/quote] Unfortunately I have to agree with Chespin As I said in another thread: if they are not gen 1s then people could very easily scam others ,even with an icon change, not to mention all the information that would need to be kept with said egg, such as breed probabilities of the parents, color ranges, gene probabilities. If they are gen 1s then it would tank the gen 1 market. There is an alternative that I might support. If you could cancel a nest, send the eggs to your hoard, but NOT sell them (except perhaps hoardsell) and could then save them for a different date to hatch. The eggs would be account bound until hatched, upon which the dragons would be like every other dragon, with same parents. It would still have the problem of keeping all the information needed attached to the egg, but there would be fewer ways to scam someone (I don't think there could be anyway to scam someone, but you never know, though I think I just thought of a slight possibility: someone who is hatching dragons for someone else, perhaps for eye color, 'canceling' a nest and keeping said hatchlings even if they were supposed to send them over, but don't know how feasible that would be) Edit: Was reading where I was quoted and I REALLY need to proofread before I post. Had wouldn't instead of would be where it talks about scamming (I think I had two ways of saying the sentence: There wouldn't be many ways of scamming people and there would be fewer ways of scamming people. They came out together... completely reversing what I meant to say)
chespin wrote on 2015-11-19:

Unfortunately I have to agree with Chespin

As I said in another thread: if they are not gen 1s then people could very easily scam others ,even with an icon change, not to mention all the information that would need to be kept with said egg, such as breed probabilities of the parents, color ranges, gene probabilities. If they are gen 1s then it would tank the gen 1 market.

There is an alternative that I might support. If you could cancel a nest, send the eggs to your hoard, but NOT sell them (except perhaps hoardsell) and could then save them for a different date to hatch. The eggs would be account bound until hatched, upon which the dragons would be like every other dragon, with same parents. It would still have the problem of keeping all the information needed attached to the egg, but there would be fewer ways to scam someone (I don't think there could be anyway to scam someone, but you never know, though I think I just thought of a slight possibility: someone who is hatching dragons for someone else, perhaps for eye color, 'canceling' a nest and keeping said hatchlings even if they were supposed to send them over, but don't know how feasible that would be)

Edit: Was reading where I was quoted and I REALLY need to proofread before I post. Had wouldn't instead of would be where it talks about scamming (I think I had two ways of saying the sentence: There wouldn't be many ways of scamming people and there would be fewer ways of scamming people. They came out together... completely reversing what I meant to say)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Nooo Support at all.

I would much rather have the option to discard a nest (eggs with it).

If you don't have room you can keep a nest as is till you have room, you don't need to hatch your eggs right away, egg rot is not around.
Nooo Support at all.

I would much rather have the option to discard a nest (eggs with it).

If you don't have room you can keep a nest as is till you have room, you don't need to hatch your eggs right away, egg rot is not around.
I commented on this in the cancelling nests thread, but I'll repeat myself here: [quote name="Zues" date=2015-11-19 13:17:55] The issue I see with your idea is that it could potentially drop the price of unhatched eggs a lot. It's neat, but eggs are so expensive because they're so rare and because they're gen 1 - if a new method to get eggs were introduced, there would absolutely have to be a way to differentiate between unhatched, gen 1 eggs and unhatched eggs from a cancelled nest. If there's no way to tell, people could easily cancel a nest and sell the eggs, passing them off as gen 1 eggs.[/quote] I can't think of any real way to differentiate the cancelled nest eggs and gen 1 eggs enough to mitigate the risk of confusing them. A different name could be easily overlooked, as could a change of colour or art. I think the risk of scamming and egg price crash is too great for this to be really feasible, so no support.
I commented on this in the cancelling nests thread, but I'll repeat myself here:
Zues wrote on 2015-11-19:
The issue I see with your idea is that it could potentially drop the price of unhatched eggs a lot. It's neat, but eggs are so expensive because they're so rare and because they're gen 1 - if a new method to get eggs were introduced, there would absolutely have to be a way to differentiate between unhatched, gen 1 eggs and unhatched eggs from a cancelled nest. If there's no way to tell, people could easily cancel a nest and sell the eggs, passing them off as gen 1 eggs.

I can't think of any real way to differentiate the cancelled nest eggs and gen 1 eggs enough to mitigate the risk of confusing them. A different name could be easily overlooked, as could a change of colour or art. I think the risk of scamming and egg price crash is too great for this to be really feasible, so no support.
[quote name="Zues" date=2015-11-19 14:00:36] I commented on this in the cancelling nests thread, but I'll repeat myself here: [quote name="Zues" date=2015-11-19 13:17:55] The issue I see with your idea is that it could potentially drop the price of unhatched eggs a lot. It's neat, but eggs are so expensive because they're so rare and because they're gen 1 - if a new method to get eggs were introduced, there would absolutely have to be a way to differentiate between unhatched, gen 1 eggs and unhatched eggs from a cancelled nest. If there's no way to tell, people could easily cancel a nest and sell the eggs, passing them off as gen 1 eggs.[/quote] I can't think of any real way to differentiate the cancelled nest eggs and gen 1 eggs enough to mitigate the risk of confusing them. A different name could be easily overlooked, as could a change of colour or art. I think the risk of scamming and egg price crash is too great for this to be really feasible, so no support. [/quote] The only way I could see it is if, instead of an egg image, they have in neon letters, perhaps glowing : 'Not a Gen 1'. Even that wouldn't be enough as the other day someone was talking about buying a glimmerscale basket instead of a glimmer scroll even with the images being completely different.
I commented on this in the cancelling nests thread, but I'll repeat myself here:
The issue I see with your idea is that it could potentially drop the price of unhatched eggs a lot. It's neat, but eggs are so expensive because they're so rare and because they're gen 1 - if a new method to get eggs were introduced, there would absolutely have to be a way to differentiate between unhatched, gen 1 eggs and unhatched eggs from a cancelled nest. If there's no way to tell, people could easily cancel a nest and sell the eggs, passing them off as gen 1 eggs.

I can't think of any real way to differentiate the cancelled nest eggs and gen 1 eggs enough to mitigate the risk of confusing them. A different name could be easily overlooked, as could a change of colour or art. I think the risk of scamming and egg price crash is too great for this to be really feasible, so no support.

The only way I could see it is if, instead of an egg image, they have in neon letters, perhaps glowing : 'Not a Gen 1'. Even that wouldn't be enough as the other day someone was talking about buying a glimmerscale basket instead of a glimmer scroll even with the images being completely different.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-11-19 13:17:07] There is an alternative that I might support. If you could cancel a nest, send the eggs to your hoard, but NOT sell them (except perhaps hoardsell) and could then save them for a different date to hatch. The eggs would be account bound until hatched, upon which the dragons would be like every other dragon, with same parents. It would still have the problem of keeping all the information needed attached to the egg, but there wouldn't fewer ways to scam someone (I don't think there could be anyway to scam someone, but you never know, though I think I just thought of a slight possibility: someone who is hatching dragons for someone else, perhaps for eye color, 'canceling' a nest and keeping said hatchlings even if they were supposed to send them over, but don't know how feasible that would be) [/quote] I really like this idea actually. Other than scamming, and user/decision based risks, the idea of being able to keep unhatched eggs in my opinion is a very good one. As things are right now, I support this idea but only if the eggs stay bound to your hoard. This way if your lair is currently too full to hold dragons you could keep some of the eggs to sell once some of their siblings have sold in the auction house. Or even reserve a hatchling for your friends birthday or for raffles and events. It brings a fun new element of surprise and complexity to breeding.
chespin wrote on 2015-11-19:
There is an alternative that I might support. If you could cancel a nest, send the eggs to your hoard, but NOT sell them (except perhaps hoardsell) and could then save them for a different date to hatch. The eggs would be account bound until hatched, upon which the dragons would be like every other dragon, with same parents. It would still have the problem of keeping all the information needed attached to the egg, but there wouldn't fewer ways to scam someone (I don't think there could be anyway to scam someone, but you never know, though I think I just thought of a slight possibility: someone who is hatching dragons for someone else, perhaps for eye color, 'canceling' a nest and keeping said hatchlings even if they were supposed to send them over, but don't know how feasible that would be)

I really like this idea actually.

Other than scamming, and user/decision based risks, the idea of being able to keep unhatched eggs in my opinion is a very good one.

As things are right now, I support this idea but only if the eggs stay bound to your hoard.
This way if your lair is currently too full to hold dragons you could keep some of the eggs to sell once some of their siblings have sold in the auction house. Or even reserve a hatchling for your friends birthday or for raffles and events.
It brings a fun new element of surprise and complexity to breeding.
I would rather be able to discard nests. No support for reasons already stated, mostly scamming.
I would rather be able to discard nests. No support for reasons already stated, mostly scamming.
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
Yes for discarding nests, no for sending the unhatched eggs to the hoard (or anywhere else).
Yes for discarding nests, no for sending the unhatched eggs to the hoard (or anywhere else).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I think it'd be neat if you could crossroads eggs in a nest. It'd be a kind of fun grab bag of dragons. People could advertise their nests for a set price per egg and who knows, you might get a fancy xyx or a hilarious eye burner.
I think it'd be neat if you could crossroads eggs in a nest. It'd be a kind of fun grab bag of dragons. People could advertise their nests for a set price per egg and who knows, you might get a fancy xyx or a hilarious eye burner.
tumblr_nml1iu5dxU1rhwezyo1_540.gif
1 2