Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Game: You Know You're a Writer When...
1 2 3
...posting anything, no matter how simple, takes a good two or three minutes of rewriting before actually submitting. Then another three minutes reading it aloud to yourself to make sure it makes sense. Bonus points are added if, after posting you need to go back and edit three or four times in hopes no one sees that awful typo.
...posting anything, no matter how simple, takes a good two or three minutes of rewriting before actually submitting. Then another three minutes reading it aloud to yourself to make sure it makes sense. Bonus points are added if, after posting you need to go back and edit three or four times in hopes no one sees that awful typo.
65JicuN.gif
When you want to create a world so detailed that you do so much research that a month's worth of anthropological research appears in two sentences of a throwaway paragraph but DANG IT I DID THAT RESEARCH

When you want to make your mythology as accurate as possible, but there are so many conflicting sources for the mythological figures you want to write about you don't know whether to:

1. Pick one of the stories and base everything off that
2. Create an amalgam of all the stories you find for some wicked fusion mythology
3. Make something up for lack of information

When you think about killing off a character but realize that there's no reason to do it, but you still want to experiment with killing off beloved characters, but you probably won't do it till the final installment of your nonexistent novel series

Daydreaming about appearing in famous literary magazines and being a bestseller with your novel that is currently two pages long in a doc file

When you come up with a quirk for your character and spend ten minutes looking for a pen and paper to write it down on

When you want to rush home to write said quirk in your WordPad character development masterlist but class still has an hour to go

When you write short stories with your characters and use them for credit in school classes
When you want to create a world so detailed that you do so much research that a month's worth of anthropological research appears in two sentences of a throwaway paragraph but DANG IT I DID THAT RESEARCH

When you want to make your mythology as accurate as possible, but there are so many conflicting sources for the mythological figures you want to write about you don't know whether to:

1. Pick one of the stories and base everything off that
2. Create an amalgam of all the stories you find for some wicked fusion mythology
3. Make something up for lack of information

When you think about killing off a character but realize that there's no reason to do it, but you still want to experiment with killing off beloved characters, but you probably won't do it till the final installment of your nonexistent novel series

Daydreaming about appearing in famous literary magazines and being a bestseller with your novel that is currently two pages long in a doc file

When you come up with a quirk for your character and spend ten minutes looking for a pen and paper to write it down on

When you want to rush home to write said quirk in your WordPad character development masterlist but class still has an hour to go

When you write short stories with your characters and use them for credit in school classes
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
...you can't get any ideas for your story (or stories) until you are unable to write them down.

Aka: Me every day at work and I am doing something I cannot put down for a few moments. :/
...you can't get any ideas for your story (or stories) until you are unable to write them down.

Aka: Me every day at work and I am doing something I cannot put down for a few moments. :/
lik2pA1X.jpg
1 2 3