Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2015
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 53 54
I really dislike the whole theme and look of the Plague flight a lot, so I knew there wouldn't be anything for me this event. I am actually relieved to see that the accents and skins chosen are not too disgusting. D :D The Lich King Armor is actually quite cool!
I also like the familiar.
I really dislike the whole theme and look of the Plague flight a lot, so I knew there wouldn't be anything for me this event. I am actually relieved to see that the accents and skins chosen are not too disgusting. D :D The Lich King Armor is actually quite cool!
I also like the familiar.
The Dream Guardian Subspecies RcjtOrM.png
a bit of a stupid newbie question, but how can get the new skins/accents?
a bit of a stupid newbie question, but how can get the new skins/accents?
W0ar35Y.png
@MutantEevee

Baldwin, in the trading post, and the market place, in the treasure "Skins" section. And the coliseum for the chests. Gathering in digging (Has to be plague to get currency and chests) you can get the chests to.
@MutantEevee

Baldwin, in the trading post, and the market place, in the treasure "Skins" section. And the coliseum for the chests. Gathering in digging (Has to be plague to get currency and chests) you can get the chests to.
@butcherbaby *raises glass* I concur wholeheartedly. Here I thought you were here to tell me off but... I'm glad we agree. You've said everything I was thinking oh so elegantly... even about the ROR skin that... while beautiful.... Doesn't fit the theme.

Another point and one of the things that I'm absolutely baffled by about all of this is the fact that there's OFFICIAL flight rising art that depicts blood. Hello, bloody bandages anyone?? They imply that the dragon was INJURED and maybe even in pain. Again these are items that are officially done BY flight rising, and may I also mention, have absolutley nothing to do with ROR.

And yet the staff is turning around and going "um well sweeties... no blood this year! Please make it greenish or blackish!" *record scratch* HUH?

I'd like to say more but I'm afraid of being considered to be trash-talking admins (which I'm not).

Overall it's just been a REALLY underwhelming holiday. But like I said. Not surprising. Hopefully given that there's no gore in rocks, Earthshakers won't be so bland.
@butcherbaby *raises glass* I concur wholeheartedly. Here I thought you were here to tell me off but... I'm glad we agree. You've said everything I was thinking oh so elegantly... even about the ROR skin that... while beautiful.... Doesn't fit the theme.

Another point and one of the things that I'm absolutely baffled by about all of this is the fact that there's OFFICIAL flight rising art that depicts blood. Hello, bloody bandages anyone?? They imply that the dragon was INJURED and maybe even in pain. Again these are items that are officially done BY flight rising, and may I also mention, have absolutley nothing to do with ROR.

And yet the staff is turning around and going "um well sweeties... no blood this year! Please make it greenish or blackish!" *record scratch* HUH?

I'd like to say more but I'm afraid of being considered to be trash-talking admins (which I'm not).

Overall it's just been a REALLY underwhelming holiday. But like I said. Not surprising. Hopefully given that there's no gore in rocks, Earthshakers won't be so bland.
q5wK1gN.pngstonesig_by_bajanmightyena-daflnui%20sig%20size_zpsrouqlt49.pngtRc9wm7.png1o57V8Q.jpgvNSClVq.jpg
Hello folks! A reminder as we've had to do some cleaning up in the thread again:

The artists have worked very hard on their submissions. They put themselves out there to participate. That's admirable and should be recognized as such. Even if you should disagree or dislike our choices, it is not okay to put down, call out, or otherwise attack the winning skins/accents and by extension, the artists who created them.

Congratulations to the winning artists! Enjoy the Riot of Rot!
Hello folks! A reminder as we've had to do some cleaning up in the thread again:

The artists have worked very hard on their submissions. They put themselves out there to participate. That's admirable and should be recognized as such. Even if you should disagree or dislike our choices, it is not okay to put down, call out, or otherwise attack the winning skins/accents and by extension, the artists who created them.

Congratulations to the winning artists! Enjoy the Riot of Rot!
i do find it disappointing the female imperial skin with the teeth on it'swings didn't win.... that one was really cool and unique and i would've like to have used it...:((( but a lot of these are nice too...
i do find it disappointing the female imperial skin with the teeth on it'swings didn't win.... that one was really cool and unique and i would've like to have used it...:((( but a lot of these are nice too...
ca4nyRv.png1YB0OjO.pngeIK5iG7.pngtqGkHih.pnghelluva_boss.pngshe_ra.pngrnKnsgE.pngoaolHwW.pngll0CfnD.png11efmKl.pngMesq6uj.pngYMPbu9R.png
@Gaia - Hello! When do the winners receive their gems and skin packs? I don't even remember if I received my skin pack from getting honorable mention a couple months back XD

I hope I pinged the right person.
@Gaia - Hello! When do the winners receive their gems and skin packs? I don't even remember if I received my skin pack from getting honorable mention a couple months back XD

I hope I pinged the right person.
Accent Shop
@Pesticide If I recall correctly, honourable mentions don't receive any prizes, only the winners do. As for the prizes for winners, I actually don't know. Undel is in charge of sending out the prizes, so she's the one who knows when that will happen. But based off of the past few holidays, it may take a few days! But your best bet for a more useful answer would be to ping her! :)
@Pesticide If I recall correctly, honourable mentions don't receive any prizes, only the winners do. As for the prizes for winners, I actually don't know. Undel is in charge of sending out the prizes, so she's the one who knows when that will happen. But based off of the past few holidays, it may take a few days! But your best bet for a more useful answer would be to ping her! :)
@Gaia - Oh that's odd. Things must have been changed. I remember every honorable mention I got in the past, I also received a single skin pack.
@Gaia - Oh that's odd. Things must have been changed. I remember every honorable mention I got in the past, I also received a single skin pack.
Accent Shop
[quote name="PebblesV" date=2015-10-26 11:19:34] Another point and one of the things that I'm absolutely baffled by about all of this is the fact that there's OFFICIAL flight rising art that depicts blood. Hello, bloody bandages anyone?? They imply that the dragon was INJURED and maybe even in pain. Again these are items that are officially done BY flight rising, and may I also mention, have absolutley nothing to do with ROR. And yet the staff is turning around and going "um well sweeties... no blood this year! Please make it greenish or blackish!" *record scratch* HUH? I'd like to say more but I'm afraid of being considered to be trash-talking admins (which I'm not). Overall it's just been a REALLY underwhelming holiday. But like I said. Not surprising. Hopefully given that there's no gore in rocks, Earthshakers won't be so bland. [/quote] ^ completely agree with this. The only winner I truly like (not bashing the other winners, those entries were well-done!) is the Glowing Contagion - it something new, rather than the repetitive [i]green pustules[/i] and [i]sores[/i] and [i]pale skin[/i]. I'm not saying those should never be used, but they're [b]always[/b] used and nothing different is ever added. There was one entry called something like Black Death that I would have loved to buy! But, of course, it wasn't chosen... Anyway, my Spiral looks fantastic with this accent, I must say. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15522648] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/155227/15522648_350.png[/img] [/url]
PebblesV wrote on 2015-10-26:

^ completely agree with this.

The only winner I truly like (not bashing the other winners, those entries were well-done!) is the Glowing Contagion - it something new, rather than the repetitive green pustules and sores and pale skin. I'm not saying those should never be used, but they're always used and nothing different is ever added. There was one entry called something like Black Death that I would have loved to buy! But, of course, it wasn't chosen...

Anyway, my Spiral looks fantastic with this accent, I must say.

15522648_350.png
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 53 54