Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ahhh being a pet owner
1 2 3 4
For those who feed specialized diets, check to see if there's any farm and feeds in your area. Tractor Supply, Southern States, and Rural King often sell a "house" brand that's high quality for a lower price than BB or TotW. I feed my greyhound Tractor Supply's brand, and he keeps weight, with a good haircoat, and a clean bill of health from the vet.
For those who feed specialized diets, check to see if there's any farm and feeds in your area. Tractor Supply, Southern States, and Rural King often sell a "house" brand that's high quality for a lower price than BB or TotW. I feed my greyhound Tractor Supply's brand, and he keeps weight, with a good haircoat, and a clean bill of health from the vet.
I have a bunch of old sick cats. And they eat mostly canned food because one of them has no teeth and refuses to eat kibble. And one of them is diabetic. And one of them constantly gets in fights with other cats. SIGH.
I have a bunch of old sick cats. And they eat mostly canned food because one of them has no teeth and refuses to eat kibble. And one of them is diabetic. And one of them constantly gets in fights with other cats. SIGH.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
@Ivorybolt
AAAAH! Scaleless morphs! What are they like? I've always been so curious.

@ashotinthedark
My tears and blood.

Lol no, that's actually the same food I feed her. There's no rice in there, which has been a saving grace. A lot of gluten-free dog foods still have rice in them. Like what the heck.
She still has a slight reaction to it though, I think. It may just be residual from her previous diet, but it's been a few weeks.
And yes, she is breaking my bank.
@Ivorybolt
AAAAH! Scaleless morphs! What are they like? I've always been so curious.

@ashotinthedark
My tears and blood.

Lol no, that's actually the same food I feed her. There's no rice in there, which has been a saving grace. A lot of gluten-free dog foods still have rice in them. Like what the heck.
She still has a slight reaction to it though, I think. It may just be residual from her previous diet, but it's been a few weeks.
And yes, she is breaking my bank.
Two cats and a snake...thankfully my vet bills are pretty low since well I work at a vet clinic :B. But one of my cats has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and needs to see a cardiologist, which is kinda expensive...but right now he's not on any medicine because everything we've tried makes him pass out :D. The expensive part is replacing everything he chews up/eats, and buying automatic feeders for him and my other cat, and stuff like that :D.
Two cats and a snake...thankfully my vet bills are pretty low since well I work at a vet clinic :B. But one of my cats has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and needs to see a cardiologist, which is kinda expensive...but right now he's not on any medicine because everything we've tried makes him pass out :D. The expensive part is replacing everything he chews up/eats, and buying automatic feeders for him and my other cat, and stuff like that :D.
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
@Pitbull

Yeah, it's rough. I typically buy the $50 bag because it lasts for about 3-4 months. But it's still a couple hundred a year for good food. Orijen, which is the best dog food out there, I don't even want to know the price for that. All I know is it's more than what I pay with Jiro's current food.

Poor dog though; she's got quite the allergies!
@Pitbull

Yeah, it's rough. I typically buy the $50 bag because it lasts for about 3-4 months. But it's still a couple hundred a year for good food. Orijen, which is the best dog food out there, I don't even want to know the price for that. All I know is it's more than what I pay with Jiro's current food.

Poor dog though; she's got quite the allergies!
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@ashotinthedark

It's like $80 for a 20lb bag.

Yeah, we have no idea what's with her. No one else in her litter has any allergies, and no one in the mom or dad's line have any history of allergies either. Might have just been a VERY unlucky combo of recessive genes. So they're not gonna breed her parents together again just in case, and her brother Frisbee got pulled from the breeder evaluation when her allergies popped up.
@ashotinthedark

It's like $80 for a 20lb bag.

Yeah, we have no idea what's with her. No one else in her litter has any allergies, and no one in the mom or dad's line have any history of allergies either. Might have just been a VERY unlucky combo of recessive genes. So they're not gonna breed her parents together again just in case, and her brother Frisbee got pulled from the breeder evaluation when her allergies popped up.
@Pitbull

Where are you buying it? Is it dry or wet? I get dry food and the 30 pound bag which is about $50 at Pet Supplies Plus.

You might be able to get a better deal ordering it online-usually you can get it cheaper. Want to help you save some money!

http://www.chewy.com/dog/taste-wild-pacific-stream-dry-dog/dp/30076
@Pitbull

Where are you buying it? Is it dry or wet? I get dry food and the 30 pound bag which is about $50 at Pet Supplies Plus.

You might be able to get a better deal ordering it online-usually you can get it cheaper. Want to help you save some money!

http://www.chewy.com/dog/taste-wild-pacific-stream-dry-dog/dp/30076
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
@ashotinthedark

Oh no, I meant the Orijen is $80! Whoops.

I get the taste of the wild at some local pet store it's about $50.

@ashotinthedark

Oh no, I meant the Orijen is $80! Whoops.

I get the taste of the wild at some local pet store it's about $50.

@Pitbull

Ah got it. Was very concerned that I thought you meant that price for ToTW. Glad to know it was really Orijen instead. That makes more sense. Still pricey, but not as bad as Orijen.
@Pitbull

Ah got it. Was very concerned that I thought you meant that price for ToTW. Glad to know it was really Orijen instead. That makes more sense. Still pricey, but not as bad as Orijen.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
@PrincessParrot

I tried buying my dog a bunch of toys, but so far her favourite is a coconut she found in a compost bin. . .
@PrincessParrot

I tried buying my dog a bunch of toys, but so far her favourite is a coconut she found in a compost bin. . .
QiRqFyd.gif
1 2 3 4