Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Warn new players to name before auction
1 2 3 4 5 6
I don't know why should we add that as a warning dialogue, but [quote name="chespin" date=2015-10-16 15:48:03] I think I'd prefer a warning that says [b]"once the dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon"[/b] (it sounds more neutral in my opinion) rather than "name before selling" [/quote] I totally support that kind of disclaimer, since it does not add context to naming or not naming, but it clarifies to the owner something that they [i]should[/i] know when selling dragons: the ownership advantages (aka naming, color changing, geneing, adding apparel or familiars, or even deciding which ones fits best for the dragon and should be used on it) goes with owning that dragon.
I don't know why should we add that as a warning dialogue, but

chespin wrote on 2015-10-16:
I think I'd prefer a warning that says "once the dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon" (it sounds more neutral in my opinion) rather than "name before selling"

I totally support that kind of disclaimer, since it does not add context to naming or not naming, but it clarifies to the owner something that they should know when selling dragons: the ownership advantages (aka naming, color changing, geneing, adding apparel or familiars, or even deciding which ones fits best for the dragon and should be used on it) goes with owning that dragon.
Support. Simply add it in a disclaimer in the beginning tutorial, that would save a lot of people a lot of head ache.
Support. Simply add it in a disclaimer in the beginning tutorial, that would save a lot of people a lot of head ache.
I support a disclaimer being added to tell new users that once a dragon leaves their lair it no longer belongs to them and to suggest they name it first. I hope it would cut a lot of the whining people do about it
I support a disclaimer being added to tell new users that once a dragon leaves their lair it no longer belongs to them and to suggest they name it first. I hope it would cut a lot of the whining people do about it
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
No support- it's a little excessive to add a feature like this into the site. This is something that should be worked out between the seller and the buyer, imo. It's not really a rule, either? It's a community thing, really.
No support- it's a little excessive to add a feature like this into the site. This is something that should be worked out between the seller and the buyer, imo. It's not really a rule, either? It's a community thing, really.
img.jpg
NO I hate it when sellers name their dragons before selling them....NO SUPPORT
[quote name="ankh" date=2015-10-21 16:55:01] No support- it's a little excessive to add a feature like this into the site. This is something that should be worked out between the seller and the buyer, imo. It's not really a rule, either? It's a community thing, really. [/quote] The problem is people put their dragons on the AH, then expect the buyer to have the same playing style as them. Then they get upset when a player exalts 'their' dragon unnamed, even though they have the money from the sale and the buyer might have a lore related reason to do so. Or they sell the dragon for 'exalt' prices, and then get upset when the majority of their dragons sold are exalted. I agree with Plenilune that a disclaimer about once the dragon leaves your lair it is NOT your dragon. You no longer have any say over what happens to that dragon. I also agree with Sopheroo (not sure if Sopheroo said it on this thread or another) what happens if you dislike fandom names? I do, because this is FR and I prefer fantasy type names, I am sure there are people out there that dislikes the names I give my dragons. So why is it only unnamed getting the flack? Fandom, 'cutesie' names like Booplesnoot, body parts/functions (not ones that are not allowed) show up, real life names show up. I dislike all those on my offspring/parent listings. However, I also know that any dragon that is not in my lair or not exalted by me, I don't have any say in what happens to that dragon. I sold it/bought the hatchling so therefore the dragon in question is no longer mine/never was mine. I am afraid too many people don't seem to get that. They feel that because it shows up on THEIR dragon's listing, they have the right to tell others what to do with that dragon, at least in regards to names. As I said above, names *I* dislike show up on my offspring lists, but I am not out there asking for people to not use those names, or asking the admins to either allow others to rename them or to rename them automatically. I figure those are THEIR dragons and not mine. While I do think the warning new players to name before selling is a bit extreme, I *would* like to have something somewhere that tells new players and old that once you sell a dragon, you no longer have any say in that dragon (personally I feel that once you sell/give away a dragon, sure it is polite to do as someone asks if they are kind enough to give you a dragon, but still it is your dragon), and that if you do not want to see the horrid word 'unnamed' in your offspring list, to name any dragon before it leaves your lair.
ankh wrote on 2015-10-21:

The problem is people put their dragons on the AH, then expect the buyer to have the same playing style as them. Then they get upset when a player exalts 'their' dragon unnamed, even though they have the money from the sale and the buyer might have a lore related reason to do so. Or they sell the dragon for 'exalt' prices, and then get upset when the majority of their dragons sold are exalted.

I agree with Plenilune that a disclaimer about once the dragon leaves your lair it is NOT your dragon. You no longer have any say over what happens to that dragon. I also agree with Sopheroo (not sure if Sopheroo said it on this thread or another) what happens if you dislike fandom names? I do, because this is FR and I prefer fantasy type names, I am sure there are people out there that dislikes the names I give my dragons. So why is it only unnamed getting the flack? Fandom, 'cutesie' names like Booplesnoot, body parts/functions (not ones that are not allowed) show up, real life names show up. I dislike all those on my offspring/parent listings. However, I also know that any dragon that is not in my lair or not exalted by me, I don't have any say in what happens to that dragon. I sold it/bought the hatchling so therefore the dragon in question is no longer mine/never was mine.

I am afraid too many people don't seem to get that. They feel that because it shows up on THEIR dragon's listing, they have the right to tell others what to do with that dragon, at least in regards to names. As I said above, names *I* dislike show up on my offspring lists, but I am not out there asking for people to not use those names, or asking the admins to either allow others to rename them or to rename them automatically. I figure those are THEIR dragons and not mine.

While I do think the warning new players to name before selling is a bit extreme, I *would* like to have something somewhere that tells new players and old that once you sell a dragon, you no longer have any say in that dragon (personally I feel that once you sell/give away a dragon, sure it is polite to do as someone asks if they are kind enough to give you a dragon, but still it is your dragon), and that if you do not want to see the horrid word 'unnamed' in your offspring list, to name any dragon before it leaves your lair.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
As long as it only showed up once I'd support it. I never particularly cared about dragons I sold getting named. Now it's moot anyway since I level and exalt my own that don't sell.
As long as it only showed up once I'd support it. I never particularly cared about dragons I sold getting named. Now it's moot anyway since I level and exalt my own that don't sell.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
Support, including both Chespin's and Ygdrasill's suggestions; the more neutral "once the dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon" message, and it being a one-time confirmation thing.
Support, including both Chespin's and Ygdrasill's suggestions; the more neutral "once the dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon" message, and it being a one-time confirmation thing.

puffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuff

FR +9
support as Chespin suggested. Non-specific 1 time warning.

support as Chespin suggested. Non-specific 1 time warning.

Stuff will one day go here.
[quote name="bytanyar" date=2015-10-21 17:01:31] NO I hate it when sellers name their dragons before selling them....NO SUPPORT [/quote] Literally just buy a Scroll of Renaming. They're like, 6kt right now. I support this on the condition that something similar to what Chespin suggested is added.
bytanyar wrote on 2015-10-21:

Literally just buy a Scroll of Renaming. They're like, 6kt right now.

I support this on the condition that something similar to what Chespin suggested is added.
1 2 3 4 5 6