Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nerf the Wartoads
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
NO support.... I've been training up a low level dragon with 2 25s and shes only 11 and 9 out of 10 times we still bring down those guys.... theres no reason 3 23s couldn't do it
NO support.... I've been training up a low level dragon with 2 25s and shes only 11 and 9 out of 10 times we still bring down those guys.... theres no reason 3 23s couldn't do it
[quote name="MissouriMule"]However, Bosses in general are kinda useless due to low EXP per seconds taken to kill (It is faster to kill multiple mobs than a Boss in most cases) and a chance of not dropping any items. They're basically giant, annoying speed bumps so I'm all for them getting nerf'd so they'd actually be worth killing. If they aren't going to get either a rework on their EXP or their drops (Or both) they need to be nerf'd so they stop messing up grinding rhythm. Truth be told they are not that hard but they are just hard enough to waste damn time and that is a no go for Dom; refreshes add up, deaths add up, seconds wasted on these speed bumps add up. [/quote] This! Support.
MissouriMule wrote:
However, Bosses in general are kinda useless due to low EXP per seconds taken to kill (It is faster to kill multiple mobs than a Boss in most cases) and a chance of not dropping any items. They're basically giant, annoying speed bumps so I'm all for them getting nerf'd so they'd actually be worth killing.

If they aren't going to get either a rework on their EXP or their drops (Or both) they need to be nerf'd so they stop messing up grinding rhythm. Truth be told they are not that hard but they are just hard enough to waste damn time and that is a no go for Dom; refreshes add up, deaths add up, seconds wasted on these speed bumps add up.

This! Support.
QFXpYkj.png
Support. Especially for the physical attacking fire toad. It's ridiculous. Like you've said, I can take out multiple mantas in a row. It's not easy, but it's more possible than taking out a toad. I can even survive the Golem Workshop bosses. But screw these toads, they just wreck everything.

I don't mind a challenge, but this is not a challenge. This is simply frustrating and not the least bit fun.
Support. Especially for the physical attacking fire toad. It's ridiculous. Like you've said, I can take out multiple mantas in a row. It's not easy, but it's more possible than taking out a toad. I can even survive the Golem Workshop bosses. But screw these toads, they just wreck everything.

I don't mind a challenge, but this is not a challenge. This is simply frustrating and not the least bit fun.
2gEMC44.pngWe Will Consume All2gEMC44.png
jRvmJhO.png
I would support their EXP being bumped and guaranteed loot chance.

I don't think they are too hard but do agree the EXP they give isn't in line with the other mobs for effort and given they are so rare I don't think it would create too much of an issue if they dropped their food item, at the very least, every time.

(Still though, they aren't too hard. At this point I've killed them with three level 21 dragons and two level 25 dragons multiple times. If you are unable to beat them reconsider your strategy because apparently it's a bad one. No support on nerfing them.)
I would support their EXP being bumped and guaranteed loot chance.

I don't think they are too hard but do agree the EXP they give isn't in line with the other mobs for effort and given they are so rare I don't think it would create too much of an issue if they dropped their food item, at the very least, every time.

(Still though, they aren't too hard. At this point I've killed them with three level 21 dragons and two level 25 dragons multiple times. If you are unable to beat them reconsider your strategy because apparently it's a bad one. No support on nerfing them.)
Kind of support.
I came back from hiatus and went straight to the Mire to train up some exaltees and HO BOY DID I GET A NASTY SURPRISE.

If I have a lot of health and plenty of breath for multiple eliminates, I can get through the toads. But I can even beat up mantas with low health and not a ton of breath using the right strategy. Toads? Not so.
I like the bosses. I think they provide a nice break during the pure monotony of beating up mobs. But the toads are just a little strong for the area they're in. Scale them down a tad or make them worth the trouble.

However, that being said, you can always just refresh on a boss. Yes, it costs some speed and resets breath, but nothing is stopping you from simply refreshing. It's not like bosses show up every other fight. (Unless you're unlucky. Like me. I am a manta-magnet.)

Kind of support.
I came back from hiatus and went straight to the Mire to train up some exaltees and HO BOY DID I GET A NASTY SURPRISE.

If I have a lot of health and plenty of breath for multiple eliminates, I can get through the toads. But I can even beat up mantas with low health and not a ton of breath using the right strategy. Toads? Not so.
I like the bosses. I think they provide a nice break during the pure monotony of beating up mobs. But the toads are just a little strong for the area they're in. Scale them down a tad or make them worth the trouble.

However, that being said, you can always just refresh on a boss. Yes, it costs some speed and resets breath, but nothing is stopping you from simply refreshing. It's not like bosses show up every other fight. (Unless you're unlucky. Like me. I am a manta-magnet.)

[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-07-10 23:41:42] Edit: Out of curiosity I took my level 18 team I'm raising into the mire, and the second battle was the firetoad. My level 18 team took out the toad and the team consists of two glass canons (only one has eliminate) and a mage. One dragon was knocked out, the other two had a third their health by the end of the battle. No support. If a team several levels below the stage level can handle the toads, they are not too strong.[/quote] That team of level 18 took out the toads several times. If you are having trouble with them with a pair of level 25s check your elemental alignment.
DragonSage wrote on 2015-07-10:
Edit: Out of curiosity I took my level 18 team I'm raising into the mire, and the second battle was the firetoad. My level 18 team took out the toad and the team consists of two glass canons (only one has eliminate) and a mage. One dragon was knocked out, the other two had a third their health by the end of the battle.

No support. If a team several levels below the stage level can handle the toads, they are not too strong.

That team of level 18 took out the toads several times. If you are having trouble with them with a pair of level 25s check your elemental alignment.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Elements aren't always the problem: I have been using the right ones and the toads are still a pain. At least they seem to be a little slower than they were... not that it really helps much. The lighting dragon can now get the water toad to a bit below half health before dying.
Elements aren't always the problem: I have been using the right ones and the toads are still a pain. At least they seem to be a little slower than they were... not that it really helps much. The lighting dragon can now get the water toad to a bit below half health before dying.
2q1bbjm.png302ngoh.png2ika7f9.png2zg87ib.png
No support.

If you're not using them to grind fodder, they shouldn't really be a problem with 3 level 25 dragons. I suggest building a healer, if your dragons have low vitality and you bring on a healer with high intellect, it should be able to maintain the rest of your team at full health or as close to it as possible with no problem, even before it hits 25. Mine was able to do so around level 16.
No support.

If you're not using them to grind fodder, they shouldn't really be a problem with 3 level 25 dragons. I suggest building a healer, if your dragons have low vitality and you bring on a healer with high intellect, it should be able to maintain the rest of your team at full health or as close to it as possible with no problem, even before it hits 25. Mine was able to do so around level 16.
no support :( as hard as they are, they are a good challenge
maybe lower their turn frequency...?
no support :( as hard as they are, they are a good challenge
maybe lower their turn frequency...?
FR Blog
Main/Humor blog
No Support. They aren't meant to be easy. They're easier to beat than the Mantas and they really aren't that hard to beat. I think it's a matter of fixing your build than having the toads nerfed. Making them weak is useless.

I can take down a toad four a healer with 2 25s. It's not that hard. Just need to have the right builds.
No Support. They aren't meant to be easy. They're easier to beat than the Mantas and they really aren't that hard to beat. I think it's a matter of fixing your build than having the toads nerfed. Making them weak is useless.

I can take down a toad four a healer with 2 25s. It's not that hard. Just need to have the right builds.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9