Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [LoL] League of Legends
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57
My ping is a delicious 30-40 after the move, used to be 90-100. I was the happiest little child you've ever seen.
My ping is a delicious 30-40 after the move, used to be 90-100. I was the happiest little child you've ever seen.
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
bump!
bump!
ee1sh9d.png
^
^
xWoPUjI.png
I don't mean to be a downer, but whenever I try to get into League of Legends the players just shoot me down and are horribly rude to poor newbie me. I've asked how to be more well-liked on the forums but the people are even crueler there. Could someone tell me what makes LoL worth the horrible community, and while we're on this nice friendly forum maybe you can also tell me how to be respected in that game.
I don't mean to be a downer, but whenever I try to get into League of Legends the players just shoot me down and are horribly rude to poor newbie me. I've asked how to be more well-liked on the forums but the people are even crueler there. Could someone tell me what makes LoL worth the horrible community, and while we're on this nice friendly forum maybe you can also tell me how to be respected in that game.
Hi, I'm Perci!
WKtl2lb.png

Ljw7JvQ.png
mlHpBMC.png
b7fepcb.png
@DigDog
Flight Rising Username: Zyll
IGN: AprilMaraj
Server: NA
Preferred Game Mode : ARAM!!! and 5v5 :)
Skype: Uhh I've never really chatted with people from league via skype or anything :O
Notes: I'm still learning a lot (Only been playing for like, a month), and haven't really found my 'niche', but so far I enjoy playing mid and bot. I'm kinda maining Lux, but obviously still trying out champs and getting a feel for what styles I like to play! I do consider myself a really casual player, so, uhh, just an fyi there!
Added to the pinglist? : Sure!

Also, @Percifrax I've never really experienced too many rude people in my short time playing, but generally if you aren't feeding the opponent or kill-stealing there's not too many conflicts! I'd say practice a lot in AI games with champs you like, to get good and be able to hold you own with more experienced players. Of course, there will always be some bad eggs who are going to be grouchy no matter how hard you try, but just getting a feel for what's expected of you helps avoid a lot of conflict.
Is there anything in particular they were giving you a hard time about? My advice is pretty general, but I'd be happy to help troubleshoot why people are being bullies, and I'm sure some of the more experienced players here might be helpful too!
@DigDog
Flight Rising Username: Zyll
IGN: AprilMaraj
Preferred Game Mode : ARAM!!! and 5v5 :)
Skype: Uhh I've never really chatted with people from league via skype or anything :O
Notes: I'm still learning a lot (Only been playing for like, a month), and haven't really found my 'niche', but so far I enjoy playing mid and bot. I'm kinda maining Lux, but obviously still trying out champs and getting a feel for what styles I like to play! I do consider myself a really casual player, so, uhh, just an fyi there!
Added to the pinglist? : Sure!

Also, @Percifrax I've never really experienced too many rude people in my short time playing, but generally if you aren't feeding the opponent or kill-stealing there's not too many conflicts! I'd say practice a lot in AI games with champs you like, to get good and be able to hold you own with more experienced players. Of course, there will always be some bad eggs who are going to be grouchy no matter how hard you try, but just getting a feel for what's expected of you helps avoid a lot of conflict.
Is there anything in particular they were giving you a hard time about? My advice is pretty general, but I'd be happy to help troubleshoot why people are being bullies, and I'm sure some of the more experienced players here might be helpful too!
Playlist Curation Service
S/T Gened G1s
LF G1s
S/T UMAs
[quote name="Percifrax" date=2015-09-05 16:41:23] I don't mean to be a downer, but whenever I try to get into League of Legends the players just shoot me down and are horribly rude to poor newbie me. I've asked how to be more well-liked on the forums but the people are even crueler there. Could someone tell me what makes LoL worth the horrible community, and while we're on this nice friendly forum maybe you can also tell me how to be respected in that game. [/quote] @Percifrax Definitely learn the game mechanics in bot games before going to PvP. Decide a couple champions that you want to learn and practice their skills in AI or custom. When you go into PvP (do so at a lowish level {I went into PvP at level 13} make sure you have a couple friends with you, so you have support if you get put into a match with a bad apple. Be friendly, but don't be a pushover if someone is rude to you. In teambuilder, always enthusiastically say hello to who's in there, and greet everyone that joins. That already puts people in a good mood towards you. In most cases. If someone is having a bad game, make a light joke and make them feel better. Unless the person is being a scumbag, always support your teammates and make them feel better. They'll both treat you better and also play better than they would if you remained quiet or scolded/reprimanded them.
Percifrax wrote on 2015-09-05:

@Percifrax

Definitely learn the game mechanics in bot games before going to PvP. Decide a couple champions that you want to learn and practice their skills in AI or custom. When you go into PvP (do so at a lowish level {I went into PvP at level 13} make sure you have a couple friends with you, so you have support if you get put into a match with a bad apple. Be friendly, but don't be a pushover if someone is rude to you. In teambuilder, always enthusiastically say hello to who's in there, and greet everyone that joins. That already puts people in a good mood towards you. In most cases. If someone is having a bad game, make a light joke and make them feel better. Unless the person is being a scumbag, always support your teammates and make them feel better. They'll both treat you better and also play better than they would if you remained quiet or scolded/reprimanded them.
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
@DigDog

Flight Rising Username: HerrKapitan
IGN: Tin Division V
Preferred Game Mode : Normals, ARAM, Custom Game Modes (Hide n Seek)
Skype: [I'll feel more comfortable giving it out after talking to people for a little while ;w; ]
Notes: I an play any role, kinda shaky on jungling but I try. My favorite role is ADC/TOP. Probably going to be an Ashe Main. Level 30, been leaguing since...a small time before Jinx's release? I think.
Added to the pinglist? : Yes, if you don't mind.
@DigDog

Flight Rising Username: HerrKapitan
IGN: Tin Division V
Preferred Game Mode : Normals, ARAM, Custom Game Modes (Hide n Seek)
Skype: [I'll feel more comfortable giving it out after talking to people for a little while ;w; ]
Notes: I an play any role, kinda shaky on jungling but I try. My favorite role is ADC/TOP. Probably going to be an Ashe Main. Level 30, been leaguing since...a small time before Jinx's release? I think.
Added to the pinglist? : Yes, if you don't mind.
Flight Rising Username: VladimirEbonwing
IGN: TurnOfTheCard
Rank: B3 smurffed (Was gold3 before Deranked to be able teach)
Preferred Game Mode : Aram/Normals
Notes: Usually Only on at night. As in 9pm-8am
Added to the pinglist? : Ja, Danke.

Edit: @Digdog The Idea of a chatroom would be awesome as well.
Flight Rising Username: VladimirEbonwing
IGN: TurnOfTheCard
Rank: B3 smurffed (Was gold3 before Deranked to be able teach)
Preferred Game Mode : Aram/Normals
Notes: Usually Only on at night. As in 9pm-8am
Added to the pinglist? : Ja, Danke.

Edit: @Digdog The Idea of a chatroom would be awesome as well.
The last thing on my list of things to do is try dying
If you wanna live forever, then you will die trying.
@Percifrax
The only way I can escape the toxicity (Even though I myself am quite toxic appearently) is to realize im playing to have fun, so doing good or bad isnt a problem as long as I do ONE thing I wanted to per game. Whether it be stranger roles (Braum Jungle!) or Ksing a friend with a global ultimate (Draven, Ashe, Jinx) Or simply seeing how many times I can get my partner killed (Tahm Kench <3)

@Percifrax
The only way I can escape the toxicity (Even though I myself am quite toxic appearently) is to realize im playing to have fun, so doing good or bad isnt a problem as long as I do ONE thing I wanted to per game. Whether it be stranger roles (Braum Jungle!) or Ksing a friend with a global ultimate (Draven, Ashe, Jinx) Or simply seeing how many times I can get my partner killed (Tahm Kench <3)

The last thing on my list of things to do is try dying
If you wanna live forever, then you will die trying.
@Zyll @StormBerserker @VladimirEbonwing

Thanks so much for the advice! I'll probably re-download it once I have my own computer in a few days (using my home computer at the moment).
@Zyll @StormBerserker @VladimirEbonwing

Thanks so much for the advice! I'll probably re-download it once I have my own computer in a few days (using my home computer at the moment).
Hi, I'm Perci!
WKtl2lb.png

Ljw7JvQ.png
mlHpBMC.png
b7fepcb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57