Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Music in other languages
1 2 3
Have you ever just stumbled across a song that sounds so good despite the fact that you have absolutely no idea what the lyrics mean? I swear to God, those are the best songs you could listen, and even after you find out what they mean, you still love the song so much ???

I remember having this Swedish friend link a song in a public chat and absolutely fell in love with it, despite the fact that I had no idea what the lyrics meant.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=LnaeImQ0TSg

I mean, it's always fun to listen to songs in languages you don't understand, right? 8'D

I'm gonna throw you this song in Romanian (my main language) that got me really hyped lately, as well as I'm eager for you guys to post songs in languages you don't know. 8) I guess everyone is in a forever search for music and share their taste, yeah? xD
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KIbP0f3M5rU
Have you ever just stumbled across a song that sounds so good despite the fact that you have absolutely no idea what the lyrics mean? I swear to God, those are the best songs you could listen, and even after you find out what they mean, you still love the song so much ???

I remember having this Swedish friend link a song in a public chat and absolutely fell in love with it, despite the fact that I had no idea what the lyrics meant.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=LnaeImQ0TSg

I mean, it's always fun to listen to songs in languages you don't understand, right? 8'D

I'm gonna throw you this song in Romanian (my main language) that got me really hyped lately, as well as I'm eager for you guys to post songs in languages you don't know. 8) I guess everyone is in a forever search for music and share their taste, yeah? xD
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KIbP0f3M5rU
tumblr_pur6ag4hQE1ta9vl4o2_r2_500.gif
@Amnesia

I'm glad to hear that people other than myself enjoy listening to songs in different languages. For a while there I thought I was the only one. XD.
Some of my favorite things to listen to are Disney songs in different languages or covers of popular songs. The main reason I do this is because I enjoy hearing it in a different language ( obviously ), but I also like to try and figure out how the lyrics are changed from English to the new language. :). Oh also, listening to a Disney song in the native language it's meant to be in is always fun. For example, Beauty and the Beast in French and Frozen in Norwegian.
@Amnesia

I'm glad to hear that people other than myself enjoy listening to songs in different languages. For a while there I thought I was the only one. XD.
Some of my favorite things to listen to are Disney songs in different languages or covers of popular songs. The main reason I do this is because I enjoy hearing it in a different language ( obviously ), but I also like to try and figure out how the lyrics are changed from English to the new language. :). Oh also, listening to a Disney song in the native language it's meant to be in is always fun. For example, Beauty and the Beast in French and Frozen in Norwegian.
@Amnesia That's basically me and my story with Kpop. Normally I usually like a song on the radio and listen to it, but I searched up the group and everything. I got really into k-pop and recently attended KCon yesterday.
@Amnesia That's basically me and my story with Kpop. Normally I usually like a song on the radio and listen to it, but I searched up the group and everything. I got really into k-pop and recently attended KCon yesterday.
MlmX2Dr.pngtumblr_inline_mv3binjGZL1r9ywrd.pngwl_by_tinygryphon-d9gdz0s.gif
One of my very favourite bands is Kaizers Orchestra, who are Norwegian and sing in Norwegian! Personally, lyrics aren't that important to my overall enjoyment of a piece of music (well, I like it when they sort of... supplement the instrumentation as it were, but I have very little patience for songs that are driven by the lyrics over the instrumentation, if that makes sense) and so I don't see any reason why I'd be less likely to enjoy music in languages I don't understand.

One of my very favourite bands is Kaizers Orchestra, who are Norwegian and sing in Norwegian! Personally, lyrics aren't that important to my overall enjoyment of a piece of music (well, I like it when they sort of... supplement the instrumentation as it were, but I have very little patience for songs that are driven by the lyrics over the instrumentation, if that makes sense) and so I don't see any reason why I'd be less likely to enjoy music in languages I don't understand.

r7t2d2.png
I'll fly like a comet, soar like a comet, crash like a comet
i really like sigur rós ;;v;
i really like sigur rós ;;v;
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
I love J-Pop! One of my favourites is Lamb by Garnidelia, and I'm also into Vocaloid songs.
I love J-Pop! One of my favourites is Lamb by Garnidelia, and I'm also into Vocaloid songs.
I love Kaisers Orchestra a lot, and as a Dane I understand some of the Norwegian, but it's not all. I also had a period where I listened to a lot of j-pop. Nowadays I mostly listen to soundtracks, so when there're vocals, it's often in a fictional language, or sometimes japanese (Ghibli soundtrack, ye!) I love it though, the unrecognisable vocals are still music and sounds that sounds pleasing, y know?
I love Kaisers Orchestra a lot, and as a Dane I understand some of the Norwegian, but it's not all. I also had a period where I listened to a lot of j-pop. Nowadays I mostly listen to soundtracks, so when there're vocals, it's often in a fictional language, or sometimes japanese (Ghibli soundtrack, ye!) I love it though, the unrecognisable vocals are still music and sounds that sounds pleasing, y know?
@Amnesia

I love music in any language. I love all languages! My favorite is probably French, though. Francoise Hardy is just... beautiful. It might be cheating because I understand a little French, but for the most part, it's all just pretty words to me. (:
@Amnesia

I love music in any language. I love all languages! My favorite is probably French, though. Francoise Hardy is just... beautiful. It might be cheating because I understand a little French, but for the most part, it's all just pretty words to me. (:
R5vHM6H.png
Someone used Mihá Ja Gievrra in that scry a dragon based on a song game. It's cute and put me in a really good mood at the time. I also want to second the absolutely fantastic Françoise Hardy (though I speak a bit of French, too). I spend a lot of time listening to shoegaze and Japan seems to be really good at that musical genre. (Kinoko Teikoku, for example, is one of my favorite bands.) I'm also pretty fond of Youn Sun Nah, a Korean jazz singer who sings in several languages. Oh, oh, oh and Marinella, Nana Mouskouri, and Édith Piaf. (Gosh, I could do this all day.)
Someone used Mihá Ja Gievrra in that scry a dragon based on a song game. It's cute and put me in a really good mood at the time. I also want to second the absolutely fantastic Françoise Hardy (though I speak a bit of French, too). I spend a lot of time listening to shoegaze and Japan seems to be really good at that musical genre. (Kinoko Teikoku, for example, is one of my favorite bands.) I'm also pretty fond of Youn Sun Nah, a Korean jazz singer who sings in several languages. Oh, oh, oh and Marinella, Nana Mouskouri, and Édith Piaf. (Gosh, I could do this all day.)

she/her | they/them
FR +2 hours

____thDLJf3.png
I have over a dozen languages in my iPod other than English. Some of them are made up or phonetic, but I also have German (and some German with Latin), Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Finnish and Russian. And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
I have over a dozen languages in my iPod other than English. Some of them are made up or phonetic, but I also have German (and some German with Latin), Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Finnish and Russian. And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
1 2 3