Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How I imagined Flight Accents
1 2 3 4 5
I roleplay a lot-ish on here and I have these accents in my head for all the Flights and I wanted to know if you guys agreed.

Ice Flight- Sort of Scandanavian with very pronounced consanants.

Fire Flight- Very much like Smaug

Plague- I imagined a raspy sort of Japanese accent

Earth- A low, rumbling variation of Chinese

Water- Korean

Wind- High-pitched Japanese

Shadow- Scottish, for some reason.

Light- Brittish

Nature- A gentle sort of purring

Arcane- "Pure" accent-none at all

Lightning- They just have very loud voices in my head, their accents vary
I roleplay a lot-ish on here and I have these accents in my head for all the Flights and I wanted to know if you guys agreed.

Ice Flight- Sort of Scandanavian with very pronounced consanants.

Fire Flight- Very much like Smaug

Plague- I imagined a raspy sort of Japanese accent

Earth- A low, rumbling variation of Chinese

Water- Korean

Wind- High-pitched Japanese

Shadow- Scottish, for some reason.

Light- Brittish

Nature- A gentle sort of purring

Arcane- "Pure" accent-none at all

Lightning- They just have very loud voices in my head, their accents vary
signature1_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqrg.png
signature2_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlwd2.png
signature_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqgj.jpg
I actually thought of Earthies with a Brittish accent though :') Or maybe even Australian. I can't imagine them with a Chinese like variation thing ;o I do agree with the low, rumbling sound their voices have to make. And with the loud Lightnign version. But I think it's kinda hard to have no accent at all for Arcane, because it will always sound to others as if they have an accent, don't you think? Brittish doesn't sound like an accent for brittish people, as far as I know.
I actually thought of Earthies with a Brittish accent though :') Or maybe even Australian. I can't imagine them with a Chinese like variation thing ;o I do agree with the low, rumbling sound their voices have to make. And with the loud Lightnign version. But I think it's kinda hard to have no accent at all for Arcane, because it will always sound to others as if they have an accent, don't you think? Brittish doesn't sound like an accent for brittish people, as far as I know.
kQwtPyj.png •She/Her pronouns
•+8 hours server time
lightning is australian to me, ice is native/inuit, water more hawaiian perhaps? light is definitely british, earth is definitely chinese. plague is american to me, and fire japanese. don't know why.
lightning is australian to me, ice is native/inuit, water more hawaiian perhaps? light is definitely british, earth is definitely chinese. plague is american to me, and fire japanese. don't know why.
There exists no "pure accent". It's impossible. Like, absolutely impossible.
There exists no "pure accent". It's impossible. Like, absolutely impossible.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
Water, I reckon, would suit the Hawaiian accent. I dunno though.

Ice? Some place cold... Russian accents maybe?

Although, for Light, you have a point from me, since I'm British. I drink tea while I coli.

...with a straw.
Water, I reckon, would suit the Hawaiian accent. I dunno though.

Ice? Some place cold... Russian accents maybe?

Although, for Light, you have a point from me, since I'm British. I drink tea while I coli.

...with a straw.
extra-candles-left.png
Apotheos
FR+8
She/Her
I have too many projects send help
i imagine windies with a west midlands dialect tbh
i imagine windies with a west midlands dialect tbh
Visit my accent shop?
Lightning = German accents. I can't think of any other accent for this flight, sorry.
Lightning = German accents. I can't think of any other accent for this flight, sorry.
@DarkeningDawn

Scottish accents for everyone
@DarkeningDawn

Scottish accents for everyone
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
I imagine either Shadow or Plague with hissing accents.

It sssseemsss like we have a visssssitor. We do not welcome vissssitors.
I imagine either Shadow or Plague with hissing accents.

It sssseemsss like we have a visssssitor. We do not welcome vissssitors.
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
@Nimphy
Technically, there are places in countries where people are considered to have a "pure accent." Take Nebraska in America for example. To the south of them, people have accents, same with west, east and north. However, people in Nebraska tend to talk quite clearly and "without accents." Yes, it is an accent, but most consider them to be without one.
@Nimphy
Technically, there are places in countries where people are considered to have a "pure accent." Take Nebraska in America for example. To the south of them, people have accents, same with west, east and north. However, people in Nebraska tend to talk quite clearly and "without accents." Yes, it is an accent, but most consider them to be without one.
signature1_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqrg.png
signature2_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlwd2.png
signature_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqgj.jpg
1 2 3 4 5