Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So Much Nope
1 2 3
I live in an area with a lot of spiders. I hate spiders. I am ok with tarantulas, just not normal, spiders. Between the prevalence of spiders in my area and my mother getting bitten by a brown recluse and my sister getting bitten on the eye while she slept (in her bed, in this house, by the way), I do not like them. At all.

I have found no less than six brown recluse spiders in this house in the past month. And I killed them all so it's not the same spider.

I saw a little blur out of the corner of my eyes. It's late, I'm tired, I'm boredly doing schoolwork, so I thought it was nothing. Lifted the edge of one of my pillows--

A brown recluse! In my bed! It crawled up into my bed.
I live in an area with a lot of spiders. I hate spiders. I am ok with tarantulas, just not normal, spiders. Between the prevalence of spiders in my area and my mother getting bitten by a brown recluse and my sister getting bitten on the eye while she slept (in her bed, in this house, by the way), I do not like them. At all.

I have found no less than six brown recluse spiders in this house in the past month. And I killed them all so it's not the same spider.

I saw a little blur out of the corner of my eyes. It's late, I'm tired, I'm boredly doing schoolwork, so I thought it was nothing. Lifted the edge of one of my pillows--

A brown recluse! In my bed! It crawled up into my bed.
Pard-ra? Par-dra? I sound like a Thundercats character. Click please? .gif.gif
@Pardra

Though I'm a lover of all spiders, I understand your panic. I had a similar problem where I live, where a yellowsac spider (Relative of brown recluse, vemon less potent but similar) eggsack hatched right above my bed.

Left me really uncomfortable because of what they're venom can do, no help they fell onto my bed. (I hope this didn't scare you in anyway)

Do you have any peppermint or tea tree oil? I've heard that spiders hate that stuff, but I've never tried it myself.
@Pardra

Though I'm a lover of all spiders, I understand your panic. I had a similar problem where I live, where a yellowsac spider (Relative of brown recluse, vemon less potent but similar) eggsack hatched right above my bed.

Left me really uncomfortable because of what they're venom can do, no help they fell onto my bed. (I hope this didn't scare you in anyway)

Do you have any peppermint or tea tree oil? I've heard that spiders hate that stuff, but I've never tried it myself.
I've never had many problems with spiders, but they absolutely terrify me.
I've never had many problems with spiders, but they absolutely terrify me.
H9klr6C.png
Where I like, I get them only once a month or so, but they ABSOLUTELY TERRIFY ME.

This story isn't as bad as some of the others, but the other day I was putting clean clothes away, when I see two little furry legs on the edge of my closet door. I have one of those closets that's sort of like a sliding glass door but made of regular wooden doors. I look over to the edge of the door and see a large brown spider just chillin. It was about 3 inches with its legs spread out.
So, at this moment, I'm peeing myself, because it could crawl back into my closet at any time. And I don't want that because my closet floor is messy with stuff I brought back from college. I would never be able to find it again and I'd have to sell my house.
So I quickly go to my cabinet to get a can of Spider Raid to squirt the little toot with. (This kind of raid is formulated for spiders since they don't clean themselves like most other bugs and the stuff will penetrate through their skin.) So I spray the thing for a solid 10 seconds, and it doesn't do a thing. It's just chillin and basking in the poison. And I stop and set the can down because I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for me to open the door quickly and crush it on the wall where the edge of the door meets. So I move the door a little, and it moves a little, and I stop because I don't want it crawling back into my closet. But it stops moving, and it just releases some webbing and gently floats to the ground, where it crawls TOWARDS ME. However, it wasn't fast, because it seemed its back legs were unable to move, and it just stopped halfway. So I take the flyswatter and bash it about 70 times into the ground, and then grab a paper towel, scoop it onto the towel with the swatter, fold the towel, bash it 20 more times, fold it again, and throw it away.

Sorry for the long story but this was really important because that was the first time I killed a spider of that size on my own and I'm glad I was able to do it ;u;
Still shaking though. Happened yesterday and I'm still shaking
Where I like, I get them only once a month or so, but they ABSOLUTELY TERRIFY ME.

This story isn't as bad as some of the others, but the other day I was putting clean clothes away, when I see two little furry legs on the edge of my closet door. I have one of those closets that's sort of like a sliding glass door but made of regular wooden doors. I look over to the edge of the door and see a large brown spider just chillin. It was about 3 inches with its legs spread out.
So, at this moment, I'm peeing myself, because it could crawl back into my closet at any time. And I don't want that because my closet floor is messy with stuff I brought back from college. I would never be able to find it again and I'd have to sell my house.
So I quickly go to my cabinet to get a can of Spider Raid to squirt the little toot with. (This kind of raid is formulated for spiders since they don't clean themselves like most other bugs and the stuff will penetrate through their skin.) So I spray the thing for a solid 10 seconds, and it doesn't do a thing. It's just chillin and basking in the poison. And I stop and set the can down because I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for me to open the door quickly and crush it on the wall where the edge of the door meets. So I move the door a little, and it moves a little, and I stop because I don't want it crawling back into my closet. But it stops moving, and it just releases some webbing and gently floats to the ground, where it crawls TOWARDS ME. However, it wasn't fast, because it seemed its back legs were unable to move, and it just stopped halfway. So I take the flyswatter and bash it about 70 times into the ground, and then grab a paper towel, scoop it onto the towel with the swatter, fold the towel, bash it 20 more times, fold it again, and throw it away.

Sorry for the long story but this was really important because that was the first time I killed a spider of that size on my own and I'm glad I was able to do it ;u;
Still shaking though. Happened yesterday and I'm still shaking
I just had a TREE ROACH IN MY BED!! ahhhhhhh!!
I just had a TREE ROACH IN MY BED!! ahhhhhhh!!
Well, I survived the night, so I can only hope that that was the only one in my room. I once found one drowned in a can of tuna oil. I have no idea what that was about. I now remember there have been seven brown recluses, because I found one crushed on the love seat. Meaning I or dad probably sat on it. Wonderful.

On a side note, I do not want to go to class. Summer semester is a nightmare.
Well, I survived the night, so I can only hope that that was the only one in my room. I once found one drowned in a can of tuna oil. I have no idea what that was about. I now remember there have been seven brown recluses, because I found one crushed on the love seat. Meaning I or dad probably sat on it. Wonderful.

On a side note, I do not want to go to class. Summer semester is a nightmare.
Pard-ra? Par-dra? I sound like a Thundercats character. Click please? .gif.gif
Eeeeugh.
Eeeeugh.
Gosh that's terrible...! I like spiders but I'm also somewhat afraid of them. I guess it's lack of knowledge about them on my part, though.
There are ways to get them to leave, home remedies and certain scents, though I don't know which one's would work on brown recluse ;o;
Gosh that's terrible...! I like spiders but I'm also somewhat afraid of them. I guess it's lack of knowledge about them on my part, though.
There are ways to get them to leave, home remedies and certain scents, though I don't know which one's would work on brown recluse ;o;
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
yikes. i'm fine with tarantulas too but normal spiders are nope nope nope nope nope nope
well i mean, even though i like tarantulas, they're only really okay when i expect them to be there. if i lifted up my sheets and saw one of them i'd be as terrified as if a normal spider was there
also terrifying would be going to check on your pet tarantula jerry and finding one day that jerry is not in his cage, to which i would respond with a resounding nope
yikes. i'm fine with tarantulas too but normal spiders are nope nope nope nope nope nope
well i mean, even though i like tarantulas, they're only really okay when i expect them to be there. if i lifted up my sheets and saw one of them i'd be as terrified as if a normal spider was there
also terrifying would be going to check on your pet tarantula jerry and finding one day that jerry is not in his cage, to which i would respond with a resounding nope
I like spiders, but it becomes problematic if you get some of the more dangerous ones invading the house. Brown recluses can leave some really nasty bites and since they wander they often end up in places where people accidentally run into them like in shoes, bedsheets, and such. Just makes sure you aren't spraying any poison or killing off any of the non recluse spiders. Brown recluses are very hardy against poison and a lot of people make the mistake of using it to try and kill them off resulting in all the harmless spiders getting killed instead. This gets rid of the competition making it easier for the brown recluses to have a population boom. And now to lighten the mood with an adorable dancing peacock jumping spider gif. [img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4441591/peacock-spiders-o.gif[/img]
I like spiders, but it becomes problematic if you get some of the more dangerous ones invading the house. Brown recluses can leave some really nasty bites and since they wander they often end up in places where people accidentally run into them like in shoes, bedsheets, and such. Just makes sure you aren't spraying any poison or killing off any of the non recluse spiders. Brown recluses are very hardy against poison and a lot of people make the mistake of using it to try and kill them off resulting in all the harmless spiders getting killed instead. This gets rid of the competition making it easier for the brown recluses to have a population boom.

And now to lighten the mood with an adorable dancing peacock jumping spider gif.

peacock-spiders-o.gif
1 2 3