Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So Much Nope
1 2 3
I would take the peacock spider. And fly spiders. The small little colorful spiders. Wolf spiders, grass spiders, recluses and widows? No.

This spring I had some sort of gigantic grass spider, honestly, and not exaggerating, her body was bout the size of my thumb. She got into my room and I was getting ready to go to bed when I saw her climbing up my white curtains.

Spiders make me cry.
I would take the peacock spider. And fly spiders. The small little colorful spiders. Wolf spiders, grass spiders, recluses and widows? No.

This spring I had some sort of gigantic grass spider, honestly, and not exaggerating, her body was bout the size of my thumb. She got into my room and I was getting ready to go to bed when I saw her climbing up my white curtains.

Spiders make me cry.
Pard-ra? Par-dra? I sound like a Thundercats character. Click please? .gif.gif
@Pardra Ohhh my god that's horrifying! I'll gladly take a tarantula over a brown recluse any day.
They exist here where I live, but so far, I've only ever seen one since I came here 8 years ago. A baby my husband killed immediately.
The neighborhoods I've lived in seem pretty good about spraying. So maybe I've gotten lucky. Even with scorpions, which I hear about more than spiders here. Only saw one once. Small itty bitty transparent little kid I didn't kill.

I see black widows here more than anything. They plagued my first neighborhood. But they were never any trouble. Would only see em during the summer/warmer season, after sunset.
At my parent's house, they get rid of em as soon as they see em though.
@Pardra Ohhh my god that's horrifying! I'll gladly take a tarantula over a brown recluse any day.
They exist here where I live, but so far, I've only ever seen one since I came here 8 years ago. A baby my husband killed immediately.
The neighborhoods I've lived in seem pretty good about spraying. So maybe I've gotten lucky. Even with scorpions, which I hear about more than spiders here. Only saw one once. Small itty bitty transparent little kid I didn't kill.

I see black widows here more than anything. They plagued my first neighborhood. But they were never any trouble. Would only see em during the summer/warmer season, after sunset.
At my parent's house, they get rid of em as soon as they see em though.
Adoptables
Accents
Art Shop
wSTeHBJ.png
@Pardra

I feel your pain on the Recluses! When I was in tech school at Keesler AFB, they were all over the place in my dorm room. My room mate and I would kill them and one of my friends across the hall actually got bit by one of them right below the knee. Almost had to have surgery and I got to hear all the lovely details in regards to what was going on with her leg.

Never got bit but man was I worried about that! Then we got red ants and the spiders disappeared until we got rid of those. Bleh. I hate venomous animals, particularly if they're small enough that accidents can happen!

I'll take the spiders up north, thank you very much. Even if they are creepy (looking at you cellar spider).
@Pardra

I feel your pain on the Recluses! When I was in tech school at Keesler AFB, they were all over the place in my dorm room. My room mate and I would kill them and one of my friends across the hall actually got bit by one of them right below the knee. Almost had to have surgery and I got to hear all the lovely details in regards to what was going on with her leg.

Never got bit but man was I worried about that! Then we got red ants and the spiders disappeared until we got rid of those. Bleh. I hate venomous animals, particularly if they're small enough that accidents can happen!

I'll take the spiders up north, thank you very much. Even if they are creepy (looking at you cellar spider).
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
Any spider is horrifying to me. My stomach is literally twisting right now.
Wild tarantula? Nope. NOPE.
A tarantula from a shop or owner and I'm being supervised by a professional? Sure I guess. I won't move AT ALL, but sure.

I was really out of it yesterday since all I had eaten in two days was 300 calories and I had to use the restroom and we have those baseboard water heaters and while i was sitting on the toilet I thought i saw something move under the heater.

Me and my boyfriend have long hair and shed a LOT so I thought this long strand of hair was moving because of the heater.
But the heaters aren't on.
It's summer. The AC is on.
And literally NO JOKE as soon as I thought, "Omg what if its a spi----ITS A SPIDER OH HEAVENS TO BETSY IM STUCK IM STUCK ON THE TOILET PLEASE GOD NO"

And I guess it saw my crazy butt reacting the way i was and decided it'd be best to crawl back where it came from.

Or when your sitting there and feel what you think is a stray hair tickling your foot and it ends up being a centipede
ugh gross god my feet are staying up on the chair now ugh im getting goose pimples.
Any spider is horrifying to me. My stomach is literally twisting right now.
Wild tarantula? Nope. NOPE.
A tarantula from a shop or owner and I'm being supervised by a professional? Sure I guess. I won't move AT ALL, but sure.

I was really out of it yesterday since all I had eaten in two days was 300 calories and I had to use the restroom and we have those baseboard water heaters and while i was sitting on the toilet I thought i saw something move under the heater.

Me and my boyfriend have long hair and shed a LOT so I thought this long strand of hair was moving because of the heater.
But the heaters aren't on.
It's summer. The AC is on.
And literally NO JOKE as soon as I thought, "Omg what if its a spi----ITS A SPIDER OH HEAVENS TO BETSY IM STUCK IM STUCK ON THE TOILET PLEASE GOD NO"

And I guess it saw my crazy butt reacting the way i was and decided it'd be best to crawl back where it came from.

Or when your sitting there and feel what you think is a stray hair tickling your foot and it ends up being a centipede
ugh gross god my feet are staying up on the chair now ugh im getting goose pimples.
b12.pngimage.pngimage.png
@Vunistas

Nooo! Was it a house centipede? Those things terrify me even though I know better about them!
@Vunistas

Nooo! Was it a house centipede? Those things terrify me even though I know better about them!
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@ashotinthedark
Yes...those little guys just scare me so much. They literally could be feet away from me, but seeing them move is like...eugh I'm convulsing LMAO

@ashotinthedark
Yes...those little guys just scare me so much. They literally could be feet away from me, but seeing them move is like...eugh I'm convulsing LMAO

b12.pngimage.pngimage.png
Omg.
Brown Recluses are super deadly that's terrifying to know that they're in your house hiding D:

In my last apartment we got a ton of spiders and centipedes that would come up through the holes under the sink and in the walls from the basement and the attic (our apartment was a crappy place with a slumlord.) And I think the most terrifying place, other than your bedroom, to find a spider is the bathroom because you're literally trapped there on the toilet and you can't do much until you're done with your business D:

Now, me and my ex bf/roomie just moved into a newer apartment last month. It's much nicer, bigger, and it's well taken care of.

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting on the couch when I noticed this tiny little spider floating down from the ceiling and it landed right on my kitten. I looked for it to kill it, couldn't find it. So, not thinking much about it I continue to watch tv. About 10 minutes later another little spider comes drifting down from the ceiling, I kill it immediately and assume it was the same spider as before.

Nope.

I look behind me to the lamp I have against the wall in the living room and there are literally hundreds of tiny spiders crawling on my walls, ceiling, and the lamp. I'm terrified of spiders as it is, I jumped up and ran to the kitchen to grab a can of bug spray and I sprayed the crap out of those baby spiders. I locked my cats in their bedroom (I have 3 curious cats and I didn't want them ingesting bug spray or something stupid). After I was sure I had killed the majority of them I went into the kitchen where I found, what I assume, was the mother. She was a huge spider, just chillin' on the window sill. I stood back and sprayed her for a minute straight until her legs stopped twitching.

I then locked myself in my bedroom the rest of the night.
I don't mess around with spiders. D:
Omg.
Brown Recluses are super deadly that's terrifying to know that they're in your house hiding D:

In my last apartment we got a ton of spiders and centipedes that would come up through the holes under the sink and in the walls from the basement and the attic (our apartment was a crappy place with a slumlord.) And I think the most terrifying place, other than your bedroom, to find a spider is the bathroom because you're literally trapped there on the toilet and you can't do much until you're done with your business D:

Now, me and my ex bf/roomie just moved into a newer apartment last month. It's much nicer, bigger, and it's well taken care of.

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting on the couch when I noticed this tiny little spider floating down from the ceiling and it landed right on my kitten. I looked for it to kill it, couldn't find it. So, not thinking much about it I continue to watch tv. About 10 minutes later another little spider comes drifting down from the ceiling, I kill it immediately and assume it was the same spider as before.

Nope.

I look behind me to the lamp I have against the wall in the living room and there are literally hundreds of tiny spiders crawling on my walls, ceiling, and the lamp. I'm terrified of spiders as it is, I jumped up and ran to the kitchen to grab a can of bug spray and I sprayed the crap out of those baby spiders. I locked my cats in their bedroom (I have 3 curious cats and I didn't want them ingesting bug spray or something stupid). After I was sure I had killed the majority of them I went into the kitchen where I found, what I assume, was the mother. She was a huge spider, just chillin' on the window sill. I stood back and sprayed her for a minute straight until her legs stopped twitching.

I then locked myself in my bedroom the rest of the night.
I don't mess around with spiders. D:
Oh god- that reminds me of the time I was in first grade and drinking out of my water bottle and then the straw clogged up and I felt something with my teeth and bit down- and there was a freakin' earwig in my water bottle straw O_____O
And that one time when an ant crawled into my ear but...
Oh god- that reminds me of the time I was in first grade and drinking out of my water bottle and then the straw clogged up and I felt something with my teeth and bit down- and there was a freakin' earwig in my water bottle straw O_____O
And that one time when an ant crawled into my ear but...
fwvPppZ.gif
@Pardra

I think we've been getting brown recluse spiders too. I thought to look up what they look like and yep...this is honestly terrifying.
@Pardra

I think we've been getting brown recluse spiders too. I thought to look up what they look like and yep...this is honestly terrifying.
Sorrel
ze / zer / zerself
borb_2smol.pngtumblr_inline_n748cxxBuC1r6gsnp.gifcoatl_banner.pngtumblr_inline_n748cxxBuC1r6gsnp.gifborb_smol.png
I hate spiders so much. The little ones that are about the size of your pinky nail are okay, but anything bigger than that and I'm like 'screw this, I'm out'.
I've never seen a brown recluse, or at least I don't think I have. There's a bunch of spiders in my basement, but I'm pretty sure they're all daddy-long-legs.
Centipides, on the other hand...I hate those even more. My sister and I found one in our bathroom yesterday, and got our dad to try and squish it, but it fell in the catbox and he couldn't find it. If it had ended up crawling on my foot I gurantee you I would have run out of the house screaming. *shudders*
I hate spiders so much. The little ones that are about the size of your pinky nail are okay, but anything bigger than that and I'm like 'screw this, I'm out'.
I've never seen a brown recluse, or at least I don't think I have. There's a bunch of spiders in my basement, but I'm pretty sure they're all daddy-long-legs.
Centipides, on the other hand...I hate those even more. My sister and I found one in our bathroom yesterday, and got our dad to try and squish it, but it fell in the catbox and he couldn't find it. If it had ended up crawling on my foot I gurantee you I would have run out of the house screaming. *shudders*
VAAnkLY.png
1 2 3