Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stats for Tincture of Dissolution
I've read the Coli guide in Light Forums, but I've also seen some other recommendation for what stats to put on my dergs after Tincture of Dissolution. I'm tired of getting three high level enemies (Mammartees, Depins, etc.) for my first fight before I can use Eliminate and getting seriously damaged before I've barely gotten started in leveling my exalt fodder. So - what do you recommend, and why?

Thanks much.
I've read the Coli guide in Light Forums, but I've also seen some other recommendation for what stats to put on my dergs after Tincture of Dissolution. I'm tired of getting three high level enemies (Mammartees, Depins, etc.) for my first fight before I can use Eliminate and getting seriously damaged before I've barely gotten started in leveling my exalt fodder. So - what do you recommend, and why?

Thanks much.
I'd recommend refreshing until you get a more magic-user-heavy first round. I tend to go for at least 2/3 Octoflyers or Maren where possible and though it takes some time it's so much more convenient for the rest of the fight. Also for the build I use Mammertee and Depin take 5 scratches whereas all others take 4.

I use Kiena's multipurpose build with reflect (so you can fight mantarunes and wave sweepers without taking damage), eliminate, rally (rally eliminate gets everything except Depin, Mammertee and bosses) and sap (to top up health when breath is high - it does roughly the same damage as scratch) for levelling but I'm also putting together a team that follows Culex's trainer build.

What's going to cause an improvement will depend on what you're already using but the first fight will always be horrible unless you get lucky or keep refreshing. Either you take a fairly high percentage damage first round or you take points out of strength into vitality and take more hits after the first round because there's fewer packs you can defeat before they get an attacking turn.
I'd recommend refreshing until you get a more magic-user-heavy first round. I tend to go for at least 2/3 Octoflyers or Maren where possible and though it takes some time it's so much more convenient for the rest of the fight. Also for the build I use Mammertee and Depin take 5 scratches whereas all others take 4.

I use Kiena's multipurpose build with reflect (so you can fight mantarunes and wave sweepers without taking damage), eliminate, rally (rally eliminate gets everything except Depin, Mammertee and bosses) and sap (to top up health when breath is high - it does roughly the same damage as scratch) for levelling but I'm also putting together a team that follows Culex's trainer build.

What's going to cause an improvement will depend on what you're already using but the first fight will always be horrible unless you get lucky or keep refreshing. Either you take a fairly high percentage damage first round or you take points out of strength into vitality and take more hits after the first round because there's fewer packs you can defeat before they get an attacking turn.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
I use a 1 vit:2 quick:4 strength build because I can't be bothered to check a guide every time I level up. BUT it works pretty well, my dragons are pretty hardy and can handle just about anything.
I use a 1 vit:2 quick:4 strength build because I can't be bothered to check a guide every time I level up. BUT it works pretty well, my dragons are pretty hardy and can handle just about anything.
“blaireau’s
I use either Culex or Kiena's Kelp trainer build. 126 STR, 59 QCK, VIT 6. I'm using a pair of Water dragons with Scratch, Eliminate, Sap, Rally and Reflect. I only use Rally on the 3 pack of eels because they're fast and Reflect only gets used on the mantas. Before Reflect I could get taken down in one hit but was resistant to most of the magic users. Now, manta battles are easy.

The 126 builds can scratch+eliminate everything except the mantas. Those I just scratch to death while hiding behind Reflect.

Never start with a physical only pack, you will always take damage in the first round because you don't have breath. If you wanted to be even faster so as to get more hits in...you'd need too many scratches to kill and would still end up getting hit. That's what Sap is for.

Good luck out there!
I use either Culex or Kiena's Kelp trainer build. 126 STR, 59 QCK, VIT 6. I'm using a pair of Water dragons with Scratch, Eliminate, Sap, Rally and Reflect. I only use Rally on the 3 pack of eels because they're fast and Reflect only gets used on the mantas. Before Reflect I could get taken down in one hit but was resistant to most of the magic users. Now, manta battles are easy.

The 126 builds can scratch+eliminate everything except the mantas. Those I just scratch to death while hiding behind Reflect.

Never start with a physical only pack, you will always take damage in the first round because you don't have breath. If you wanted to be even faster so as to get more hits in...you'd need too many scratches to kill and would still end up getting hit. That's what Sap is for.

Good luck out there!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Sciencing @Nightwind thanks for the input. I'll have to do a little more reading at Kiena's guide before I make the plunge with Tincture. (Stuff's expensive!)

@blaireau I think you misunderstood, as I have a team of 25s already but wanted to readjust their stats for greater deadliness, but thanks for the response.
@Sciencing @Nightwind thanks for the input. I'll have to do a little more reading at Kiena's guide before I make the plunge with Tincture. (Stuff's expensive!)

@blaireau I think you misunderstood, as I have a team of 25s already but wanted to readjust their stats for greater deadliness, but thanks for the response.
@Kalice Oh no, I understood that! My level 25 team has a 4:2:1 build. Most people don't use it, but I just thought I'd mention it.
@Kalice Oh no, I understood that! My level 25 team has a 4:2:1 build. Most people don't use it, but I just thought I'd mention it.
“blaireau’s
@blaireau

In that case, my apologies. And my thanks.
@blaireau

In that case, my apologies. And my thanks.
@Kalice It's okay, I worded the first post weird. Good luck finding a build that works for you. :)
@Kalice It's okay, I worded the first post weird. Good luck finding a build that works for you. :)
“blaireau’s