Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Size Difference in Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'm really amused at the how some of the offspring from my first breeding have turned out. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7742] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/7742_350.png[/img] [/url] Caern here is Length 15.7M, Wingspan 10.03M , Weight 9269.96KG and still growing. His sire is Length 8.76M , Wingspan 15.47M , Weight 7810.35KG and his dam is Length 8.25M , Wingspan 15.23M , Weight 5833.56KG. He's so much bigger than his parents! He doesn't care if you make fun of his stubby wings, he can just sit on you. Provided he can catch you, of course.
I'm really amused at the how some of the offspring from my first breeding have turned out.

7742_350.png

Caern here is Length 15.7M, Wingspan 10.03M , Weight 9269.96KG and still growing.

His sire is Length 8.76M , Wingspan 15.47M , Weight 7810.35KG and his dam is Length
8.25M , Wingspan 15.23M , Weight 5833.56KG.

He's so much bigger than his parents! He doesn't care if you make fun of his stubby wings, he can just sit on you. Provided he can catch you, of course.
I'm guessing that my Ivorywatcher here is going to be on of the bigger ones, though I've seen at least one larger: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=566] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/566_350.png[/img] [/url] Length 18.42M Wingspan 18.02M Weight 13201.57KG as of 6/20 And he's got another few days to grow. Or maybe not, he'll be fifteen tomorrow; and I'm not sure if he stops growing at fifteen days or twenty days. He's rather square, with his length less than half a meter longer than his wingspan. That fits the picture to me, they look either skinny or stubby.
I'm guessing that my Ivorywatcher here is going to be on of the bigger ones, though I've seen at least one larger:

566_350.png

Length 18.42M
Wingspan 18.02M
Weight 13201.57KG as of 6/20

And he's got another few days to grow. Or maybe not, he'll be fifteen tomorrow; and I'm not sure if he stops growing at fifteen days or twenty days.

He's rather square, with his length less than half a meter longer than his wingspan. That fits the picture to me, they look either skinny or stubby.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
My imperial got crazy growth spurt!

This is the last data on June 9th:
Length 4.53M
Wingspan 2.82M
Weight 455.91KG

This is him now:
Length 31.17M
Wingspan 24.57M
Weight 7835.11KG

I wonder what in the Lightweaver's name did he eat?! D8
My imperial got crazy growth spurt!

This is the last data on June 9th:
Length 4.53M
Wingspan 2.82M
Weight 455.91KG

This is him now:
Length 31.17M
Wingspan 24.57M
Weight 7835.11KG

I wonder what in the Lightweaver's name did he eat?! D8
In my original pair; the female (Guardian, Svanhildr) is 9.04m long and has a wingspan of 6.24m. Her mate (Polaris, a Tundra) is 2.02m long and has a wingspan of 2.27m. I think they're both still growing, mind. xD
In my original pair; the female (Guardian, Svanhildr) is 9.04m long and has a wingspan of 6.24m. Her mate (Polaris, a Tundra) is 2.02m long and has a wingspan of 2.27m. I think they're both still growing, mind. xD
This Fae is seriously starting to worry me:
Length - 0.55M
Wingspan - 1.71M
Weight - 2.03KG

I may have bred some kind of a mutant. Massive wings, tiny body.
This Fae is seriously starting to worry me:
Length - 0.55M
Wingspan - 1.71M
Weight - 2.03KG

I may have bred some kind of a mutant. Massive wings, tiny body.
Hee hee. Your dragons (including progenitors) will continue to grow for many days before attaining their full size.

There's breed threshholds for each male/female (in some breed, females are typically larger, while in others, the male is.) Each breed has highs/lows for length/wingspan/weight. If you hit a high and low, it makes for some fun dragons. There can be short dragons, long dragons, underweight dragons, heavier dragons, dragons with itty bitty wings, and dragons with long wings.

Part of the fun is seeing how everything ends up. I can say the the size chart you posted is using dragon's adolescent weights and not their full adult sizes. :-)

Ridgeback, Imperial, and Guardian are our largest breeds. Guardian's the big boys who will have the biggest weight. They're a solid dragon. Imperials have the possibility of being much longer than guardians, but they will never weigh as much. They're a long breed, but in terms of mass, guardian will usually win.

There's a few cases like this. Spirals may outlength things like mirror and pearlcatcher, but mirror and pearlcatcher are "larger" dragons then them pretty much every time. Spirals are ribbons.
Hee hee. Your dragons (including progenitors) will continue to grow for many days before attaining their full size.

There's breed threshholds for each male/female (in some breed, females are typically larger, while in others, the male is.) Each breed has highs/lows for length/wingspan/weight. If you hit a high and low, it makes for some fun dragons. There can be short dragons, long dragons, underweight dragons, heavier dragons, dragons with itty bitty wings, and dragons with long wings.

Part of the fun is seeing how everything ends up. I can say the the size chart you posted is using dragon's adolescent weights and not their full adult sizes. :-)

Ridgeback, Imperial, and Guardian are our largest breeds. Guardian's the big boys who will have the biggest weight. They're a solid dragon. Imperials have the possibility of being much longer than guardians, but they will never weigh as much. They're a long breed, but in terms of mass, guardian will usually win.

There's a few cases like this. Spirals may outlength things like mirror and pearlcatcher, but mirror and pearlcatcher are "larger" dragons then them pretty much every time. Spirals are ribbons.
I&#039;m still having a REALLY hard time imagining how Guardians reproduce with Faes. >v<
I&#039;m still having a REALLY hard time imagining how Guardians reproduce with Faes. >v<
vpuvys.gif
@XinXiao: Maybe with magic? XD I dunno.

My Mirror female prog is at 6.27M /4.68M /563.43KG
Isn&#039;t that kinda, big, for a Mirror? XD
@XinXiao: Maybe with magic? XD I dunno.

My Mirror female prog is at 6.27M /4.68M /563.43KG
Isn&#039;t that kinda, big, for a Mirror? XD
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=875] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/875_350.png[/img] [/url] This imperial had a growth spurt. He is now 28.81 m. Previously, my guardian was longer than him. The guardian was about 11 m at the time, and is now 12 m.

875_350.png

This imperial had a growth spurt. He is now 28.81 m. Previously, my guardian was longer than him. The guardian was about 11 m at the time, and is now 12 m.
I still kinda think some of these values need...a bit of rework :0
I still kinda think some of these values need...a bit of rework :0
vpuvys.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10