Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are your talents or ambitions?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
@Anak

Oh my gosh, I loved the "Pacific" story. Do you plan on doing anything more with it?
@Anak

Oh my gosh, I loved the "Pacific" story. Do you plan on doing anything more with it?
Talents: Singing, art, acting, bottomless pit, professional blogger.
Ambitions: Study forensics and/or work with animals
Talents: Singing, art, acting, bottomless pit, professional blogger.
Ambitions: Study forensics and/or work with animals
Vyrus | Perpetually hungry | PM's/Friend Requests open
@Wolfkimmie

Aww, thank you so much for the encouragement. I have no illusions about how difficult it is to get a job like that. Even if archaeology doesn't pan out, I have other ideas, which is more than most people my age can say. I think I could get a job as a tour guide at the very least. It may not be the most impressive or lucrative career, but it's something I'd enjoy. It's not like making piles of money has ever been a priority for me, or I wouldn't be studying archaeology.

I never considered Wattpad. I'm just afraid of posting something I might not complete. I've written plenty of short stories, but I've never finished writing a novel. I have a bad habit of starting one, growing to hate what I'm writing, and then scrapping it and starting all over again. I'm trying to break that cycle with this one. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

I also don't have a very high opinion of my writing, so I'm really shy about showing it to anyone. That's something I can get over, though.
@Wolfkimmie

Aww, thank you so much for the encouragement. I have no illusions about how difficult it is to get a job like that. Even if archaeology doesn't pan out, I have other ideas, which is more than most people my age can say. I think I could get a job as a tour guide at the very least. It may not be the most impressive or lucrative career, but it's something I'd enjoy. It's not like making piles of money has ever been a priority for me, or I wouldn't be studying archaeology.

I never considered Wattpad. I'm just afraid of posting something I might not complete. I've written plenty of short stories, but I've never finished writing a novel. I have a bad habit of starting one, growing to hate what I'm writing, and then scrapping it and starting all over again. I'm trying to break that cycle with this one. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

I also don't have a very high opinion of my writing, so I'm really shy about showing it to anyone. That's something I can get over, though.
talents: i can make some pretty okay and cool ceramic things!! and i really love it.

ambitions: i reeeeaaally really wanna start playing music again. i was thinking how wonderful viola sounds. i just love deeper sounding instruments (i had played bass guitar for a few years when i was younger and bass clarinet in junior high) and i think itd be great to get back into it again!
talents: i can make some pretty okay and cool ceramic things!! and i really love it.

ambitions: i reeeeaaally really wanna start playing music again. i was thinking how wonderful viola sounds. i just love deeper sounding instruments (i had played bass guitar for a few years when i was younger and bass clarinet in junior high) and i think itd be great to get back into it again!
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngKBrR3YL.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@Hao

I also have that problem as a writer.

What I would recommend is planning what parts of your story to write each day. I usually write short stories, so dividing up what to write is easier to do with that. Perhaps you could do that as well?

@derrovick

I love your work, I love your work, I love your work, I love it ---

@Hao

I also have that problem as a writer.

What I would recommend is planning what parts of your story to write each day. I usually write short stories, so dividing up what to write is easier to do with that. Perhaps you could do that as well?

@derrovick

I love your work, I love your work, I love your work, I love it ---

@MargosLxix

You could always try radio shows and what not, making your own with friends for fun, or college later where they have equipment :) although being in the middle of nowhere has it's set backs just think of it like it's only a matter of time until you find a place to do/ where you can do voiceovers :)

@BloodOranges

Writing and I couldn't tell you didn't know english from your post, however I do have a cool FREE resource for you to use to learn languages! Duolingo try it out sometime when you wanna get a head start learning. I learned a tiny bit of dutch and quite a bit of spanish on there.

As for writing a book why not start now? Or maybe a script now as well! There are plenty of resources to be able to format and write a screenplay you should give it a go. With an idea of course ^^

Your ambitions can definitely happen!

@Kaitorubel

No problem, honestly if you need more ideas or help please do feel free to message me :)

@Nihilo

Lazy you are not! I once called myself that but then a counselor is like, hey that's so negative when you think you are you become it! Just say you're a little hmm, unsure how/where to start! I'm sure if you had a map on where to go to get where you wanted you wouldn't just laze about! You'd start walking :)

Drawing and writing I'm seeing that a lot. I wonder what would happen if everyone who wanted to do comics, or write got together and did some little comics and wrote/ brainstormed together? Get a group together, sketch ideas, write ideas down. If nothing else they're things to save in a notebook or folder. :)

As for where to go, no need to pick quick, travel the world :) it may seem impossible now, but where there is a will there is a way, like cheap homestays for an authentic experience, see what it's like to live in a place before making decisions, maybe you'll fall in love abroad who knows?

@kyourine

No worries about length I get it! I type quite a bit as well :)
I get where you're coming from a place of pressure. Pressure drives you to hide and saps your motivation, however that means that it's not laziness. Motivation is a fragile thing, you feel it when you're doing well, or you're happy. Try doing small things, or occasionally in the background going back and forth between projects, like say you start drawing then you watch a youtube video then you play games and go back to drawing.

Sketching things out or outlining them for you to come back to would work as well! Or even start an online portfolio so it's a catalog of the work you'd like to showcase, and you feel like you're being productive. You don't even have to show people if you don't want to.

Ambitions and life never go the way you plan, I know that because I was going to move to the Netherlands for my ex boyfriend, but then I realized, I would give up everything I loved to do, my own things, just for this man, and I couldn't do it.

Someone better came along I do not have to compromise with on the important things to me, now I'm actually really happy as opposed to miserable like I used to be.

That aside, life is what you make of it, and if you try you can't be disappointed.

I'm confident if you're still dreaming hoping and trying you'll get to be doing your dream in no time. :)

@Articuno2011

You sound like a fun person :) that being said helping people is awesome and is a sure way to meet people and girls who will also want to be your friend. Your ambitions are fairly doable, a partner, an apartment, and maybe a group of friends to go to college with? That might work for you until you do find a romantic partner!

I know a little about roosterteeth but I've never watched RWBY lol.

Then just go to school for animation, work hard and sew up your awesome cosplay! Sure to be a good life.

@couchprincess

Okay here we go! Singing is awesome and I encourage you to sing and learn. Practice by the way is what makes perfect. I used to sing horribly but I grew up singing all the time and I got good out of nowhere it feels like lmao, that being said classes are probably better ^^;

Nice animation! Would you be doing cartoons? Voice acting sounds neat too, I love how everyone has overlapping talents hehe, and fashion design! You have any sketches? That'd be so cool to start now :)

The one thing I can really help with is language. I use the FREE website Duolingo to learn languages it can help you with them as well!

You'll get to do what you want someday I'm sure ^^
@MargosLxix

You could always try radio shows and what not, making your own with friends for fun, or college later where they have equipment :) although being in the middle of nowhere has it's set backs just think of it like it's only a matter of time until you find a place to do/ where you can do voiceovers :)

@BloodOranges

Writing and I couldn't tell you didn't know english from your post, however I do have a cool FREE resource for you to use to learn languages! Duolingo try it out sometime when you wanna get a head start learning. I learned a tiny bit of dutch and quite a bit of spanish on there.

As for writing a book why not start now? Or maybe a script now as well! There are plenty of resources to be able to format and write a screenplay you should give it a go. With an idea of course ^^

Your ambitions can definitely happen!

@Kaitorubel

No problem, honestly if you need more ideas or help please do feel free to message me :)

@Nihilo

Lazy you are not! I once called myself that but then a counselor is like, hey that's so negative when you think you are you become it! Just say you're a little hmm, unsure how/where to start! I'm sure if you had a map on where to go to get where you wanted you wouldn't just laze about! You'd start walking :)

Drawing and writing I'm seeing that a lot. I wonder what would happen if everyone who wanted to do comics, or write got together and did some little comics and wrote/ brainstormed together? Get a group together, sketch ideas, write ideas down. If nothing else they're things to save in a notebook or folder. :)

As for where to go, no need to pick quick, travel the world :) it may seem impossible now, but where there is a will there is a way, like cheap homestays for an authentic experience, see what it's like to live in a place before making decisions, maybe you'll fall in love abroad who knows?

@kyourine

No worries about length I get it! I type quite a bit as well :)
I get where you're coming from a place of pressure. Pressure drives you to hide and saps your motivation, however that means that it's not laziness. Motivation is a fragile thing, you feel it when you're doing well, or you're happy. Try doing small things, or occasionally in the background going back and forth between projects, like say you start drawing then you watch a youtube video then you play games and go back to drawing.

Sketching things out or outlining them for you to come back to would work as well! Or even start an online portfolio so it's a catalog of the work you'd like to showcase, and you feel like you're being productive. You don't even have to show people if you don't want to.

Ambitions and life never go the way you plan, I know that because I was going to move to the Netherlands for my ex boyfriend, but then I realized, I would give up everything I loved to do, my own things, just for this man, and I couldn't do it.

Someone better came along I do not have to compromise with on the important things to me, now I'm actually really happy as opposed to miserable like I used to be.

That aside, life is what you make of it, and if you try you can't be disappointed.

I'm confident if you're still dreaming hoping and trying you'll get to be doing your dream in no time. :)

@Articuno2011

You sound like a fun person :) that being said helping people is awesome and is a sure way to meet people and girls who will also want to be your friend. Your ambitions are fairly doable, a partner, an apartment, and maybe a group of friends to go to college with? That might work for you until you do find a romantic partner!

I know a little about roosterteeth but I've never watched RWBY lol.

Then just go to school for animation, work hard and sew up your awesome cosplay! Sure to be a good life.

@couchprincess

Okay here we go! Singing is awesome and I encourage you to sing and learn. Practice by the way is what makes perfect. I used to sing horribly but I grew up singing all the time and I got good out of nowhere it feels like lmao, that being said classes are probably better ^^;

Nice animation! Would you be doing cartoons? Voice acting sounds neat too, I love how everyone has overlapping talents hehe, and fashion design! You have any sketches? That'd be so cool to start now :)

The one thing I can really help with is language. I use the FREE website Duolingo to learn languages it can help you with them as well!

You'll get to do what you want someday I'm sure ^^
h5omsEt.png
@Dani94

Winning competitions nice! With writing I would start with some ideas, always write down your thoughts or they will escape you.

Quite a few things to do here which means more things that can happen :) creating content like short films and what not is probably the easiest one to do, teaming up with people or starting with a script would help tons and it's something you can start now ^^ and although I do have a language site, duolingo I don't believe they have asian languages yet, but it's worth checking out and saving for later! Duolingo.com is totally free as well :)

As for coding and animation you could learn those as well in college and what not, and sports is definitely fun and easy to do on the side!

@PandaDork

I hear you haha.

@Anak

I like the latest one on soundcloud, it makes it feel like a scary video game background haha. I love it!

Also you have some nice art on deviant art. I love the Tiga's tiger and Akimno actually. Really neat stuff as for your writing I love Sheerness and necklace and really all the poetry I read x3

@SilvestrisDream

You could be a concept artist and leader it seems as well. If you're able to get people together like that.

LOL I didn't read your ambition of becoming a concept artist until after writing that you should be one, well there you go. Don't be afraid to reach for the stars though because you never know what could happen. Music and webcomics sweet?

Have a link for either I'd love to hear and see!

@CitrineRose

Singing and acting lovely talents, but bottomless pit what do you mean by that o.o you certainly aren't if you're referring to yourself as such.

If only you could be a lab person for the police as well as on the canine unit. I wonder if you can be, I'm sure that'd work great for you :)

@Hao

No problem!

As for your writing problem, just don't give up. I left stories for like a year before continuing, it's really about not leaving it and for me at least posting it for other people held me accountable and I knew I had to continue writing.

Outlining as BAM suggested would work or use a program like ywriter (which I use) and write in scenes rather than chapters!

If you're bored of one chapter, skip further down the road and write something exciting. You can plug that scene in later wherever you want!

BUT something important to remember is that even if it's a sentence and even if you hate it, you should try to write everyday! That's the hardest part of writing I think, writing consistently.

Plus I do understand where your coming from about your writing I used to be like that, then I got really sensitive when people would say stuff about my writing, I was like vulnerable with it. No worries though :)

@dorrovick

Oh my gosh your cups are so cute and the bowls and EVERYTHING <3

Music is great because you can always just jump right back into it! I always encourage people to link together with others so you could definitely do that and make music :D or even sell your talents online and what not. Or Collab! Possibilities are endless.
@Dani94

Winning competitions nice! With writing I would start with some ideas, always write down your thoughts or they will escape you.

Quite a few things to do here which means more things that can happen :) creating content like short films and what not is probably the easiest one to do, teaming up with people or starting with a script would help tons and it's something you can start now ^^ and although I do have a language site, duolingo I don't believe they have asian languages yet, but it's worth checking out and saving for later! Duolingo.com is totally free as well :)

As for coding and animation you could learn those as well in college and what not, and sports is definitely fun and easy to do on the side!

@PandaDork

I hear you haha.

@Anak

I like the latest one on soundcloud, it makes it feel like a scary video game background haha. I love it!

Also you have some nice art on deviant art. I love the Tiga's tiger and Akimno actually. Really neat stuff as for your writing I love Sheerness and necklace and really all the poetry I read x3

@SilvestrisDream

You could be a concept artist and leader it seems as well. If you're able to get people together like that.

LOL I didn't read your ambition of becoming a concept artist until after writing that you should be one, well there you go. Don't be afraid to reach for the stars though because you never know what could happen. Music and webcomics sweet?

Have a link for either I'd love to hear and see!

@CitrineRose

Singing and acting lovely talents, but bottomless pit what do you mean by that o.o you certainly aren't if you're referring to yourself as such.

If only you could be a lab person for the police as well as on the canine unit. I wonder if you can be, I'm sure that'd work great for you :)

@Hao

No problem!

As for your writing problem, just don't give up. I left stories for like a year before continuing, it's really about not leaving it and for me at least posting it for other people held me accountable and I knew I had to continue writing.

Outlining as BAM suggested would work or use a program like ywriter (which I use) and write in scenes rather than chapters!

If you're bored of one chapter, skip further down the road and write something exciting. You can plug that scene in later wherever you want!

BUT something important to remember is that even if it's a sentence and even if you hate it, you should try to write everyday! That's the hardest part of writing I think, writing consistently.

Plus I do understand where your coming from about your writing I used to be like that, then I got really sensitive when people would say stuff about my writing, I was like vulnerable with it. No worries though :)

@dorrovick

Oh my gosh your cups are so cute and the bowls and EVERYTHING <3

Music is great because you can always just jump right back into it! I always encourage people to link together with others so you could definitely do that and make music :D or even sell your talents online and what not. Or Collab! Possibilities are endless.
h5omsEt.png
@Wolfkimmie
thanks a bunch you are awesome. is it alright if I send you a friend request?
@Wolfkimmie
thanks a bunch you are awesome. is it alright if I send you a friend request?
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
@Kaitorubel feel free to! :D
@Kaitorubel feel free to! :D
h5omsEt.png
I can work very carefully and rarely break delicate objects. I love biology (something that seems to be lacking in 95% of my schoolmates...) and really just want a job somewhere in biological science. I'd be fine with lab work, I love studying cells or dissecting stuff.
I can work very carefully and rarely break delicate objects. I love biology (something that seems to be lacking in 95% of my schoolmates...) and really just want a job somewhere in biological science. I'd be fine with lab work, I love studying cells or dissecting stuff.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12