Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private RP]- Fallen Dragon
1 2 3 4
@Cebelrai

Dathamier narrowed his eyes, "hmm... These stones are plentiful where I come from, and are frequently used to channel magic over long periods". He set it down and curled his tail around it, the energy leeching into his body visibly.

"That might be a difficult question to answer specifically. We know that some humans are... gifted with the ability to see the tears. They are rifts created by Yathimar's hasty magic that are essentially like shattered pieces of glass. They serve now as a nuisance for me and my order as beings from between the physical realm constantly attempt to destroy our home. Subsequently, some humans born near these rifts are called "awoken" as they are aware, fully, of our existence. Many are labeled as madmen and women and are frequently killed off. If we can get to them, some dragons have a special connection toward the "awoken" and the two can bond extremely closely. Over time, they can even share one body, I am one of these beings. You however, Alana, defy our understanding. You received a vision of my arrival which suggests a subcounsious understanding of us, however, your home is miles from even the tiniest rift. No awoken has been birthed here in several ages, since before the fall"

This long winded explanation merited a soft hiss from his fire scales and a growl as he cleared his throat.
@Cebelrai

Dathamier narrowed his eyes, "hmm... These stones are plentiful where I come from, and are frequently used to channel magic over long periods". He set it down and curled his tail around it, the energy leeching into his body visibly.

"That might be a difficult question to answer specifically. We know that some humans are... gifted with the ability to see the tears. They are rifts created by Yathimar's hasty magic that are essentially like shattered pieces of glass. They serve now as a nuisance for me and my order as beings from between the physical realm constantly attempt to destroy our home. Subsequently, some humans born near these rifts are called "awoken" as they are aware, fully, of our existence. Many are labeled as madmen and women and are frequently killed off. If we can get to them, some dragons have a special connection toward the "awoken" and the two can bond extremely closely. Over time, they can even share one body, I am one of these beings. You however, Alana, defy our understanding. You received a vision of my arrival which suggests a subcounsious understanding of us, however, your home is miles from even the tiniest rift. No awoken has been birthed here in several ages, since before the fall"

This long winded explanation merited a soft hiss from his fire scales and a growl as he cleared his throat.
@Heartstone

Tears? Rifts? Awoken? Alana just shook her head, not quite sure she understood what Dathamier was talking about. And it was no comfort to her that he didn't understand her connection either. If she wasn't one of these "awoken," how had she received a vision? She still wasn't entirely sure that's what it was. Even though she'd seen a dragon and witnessed magic, she was still skeptical. Or maybe her brain was just processing things slowly and she just couldn't except it yet.

But one part of his explanation had really stuck out to her. "Why are there... beings trying to destroy your home?"
@Heartstone

Tears? Rifts? Awoken? Alana just shook her head, not quite sure she understood what Dathamier was talking about. And it was no comfort to her that he didn't understand her connection either. If she wasn't one of these "awoken," how had she received a vision? She still wasn't entirely sure that's what it was. Even though she'd seen a dragon and witnessed magic, she was still skeptical. Or maybe her brain was just processing things slowly and she just couldn't except it yet.

But one part of his explanation had really stuck out to her. "Why are there... beings trying to destroy your home?"
YJ8beQm.png
@Cebelrai

((there's been a... complication. I wasn't sharing my frequent use of Flight Rising with my parents as it was.. a bit embarrassing. So, because I had been sneaking it, my father decided to further restrict my access to the internet. The login I normally use is unavailable for this website so I have to use my login for games, which has a two hour time limit on it. My activity is going to decrease Dramaticly. So so so sorry about this, I really wish it could have gone some other way. I'll do my best to maintain this RP because I really am having a ton of fun. I'll drop a reply and go offline for a few hours to maintain my time))

"We don't know. Essentially we have invaded them with Yathimar's hasty retreat from this planet causing all kinds of damage in the physical world. But that doesn't stop them from trying to break through the Order's defenses". Dathamier was lost for a moment in another time before returning to the present, "oh! And... sorry... I know it's a lot to process but, what I'm trying to say is, your gift is most likely unique and undiscovered even by dragons. I'm going to keep you very close to me until we can figure that out, understand? (not like I'm going to follow you home.. it's an expression)" His tail swished gently as he preened his good wing, glancing back at her every few seconds with a birdlike half-stare.
@Cebelrai

((there's been a... complication. I wasn't sharing my frequent use of Flight Rising with my parents as it was.. a bit embarrassing. So, because I had been sneaking it, my father decided to further restrict my access to the internet. The login I normally use is unavailable for this website so I have to use my login for games, which has a two hour time limit on it. My activity is going to decrease Dramaticly. So so so sorry about this, I really wish it could have gone some other way. I'll do my best to maintain this RP because I really am having a ton of fun. I'll drop a reply and go offline for a few hours to maintain my time))

"We don't know. Essentially we have invaded them with Yathimar's hasty retreat from this planet causing all kinds of damage in the physical world. But that doesn't stop them from trying to break through the Order's defenses". Dathamier was lost for a moment in another time before returning to the present, "oh! And... sorry... I know it's a lot to process but, what I'm trying to say is, your gift is most likely unique and undiscovered even by dragons. I'm going to keep you very close to me until we can figure that out, understand? (not like I'm going to follow you home.. it's an expression)" His tail swished gently as he preened his good wing, glancing back at her every few seconds with a birdlike half-stare.
@HeartStone
((Aw, sorry things went that way. :(
I want to apologize on the delay from my end. Without going into too much detail, I'm sort of transitioning into working a full time schedule. I feel really drained and uncreative after working so long, but I'll try and be better about getting on and getting responses done in the evening. I'm having fun too, so we'll make it work. :) ))

Alana was a little taken aback. Though she had slowly become more relaxed and accepting of Dathameir's presence, his statement about keeping her close just sounded a little... ominous. Like she didn't have a choice in the matter. It seemed like Dathamier was a being used to getting his way, and maybe he didn't think anything of the statement. But to Alana, who was constantly being told what to do and how to live, this just seemed like anther rule she had to follow.

Trying to push the thoughts from her mind, she asked. "What sort of damage did you leave behind?" She wondered if their departure had noticeably altered the world she lived in.
@HeartStone
((Aw, sorry things went that way. :(
I want to apologize on the delay from my end. Without going into too much detail, I'm sort of transitioning into working a full time schedule. I feel really drained and uncreative after working so long, but I'll try and be better about getting on and getting responses done in the evening. I'm having fun too, so we'll make it work. :) ))

Alana was a little taken aback. Though she had slowly become more relaxed and accepting of Dathameir's presence, his statement about keeping her close just sounded a little... ominous. Like she didn't have a choice in the matter. It seemed like Dathamier was a being used to getting his way, and maybe he didn't think anything of the statement. But to Alana, who was constantly being told what to do and how to live, this just seemed like anther rule she had to follow.

Trying to push the thoughts from her mind, she asked. "What sort of damage did you leave behind?" She wondered if their departure had noticeably altered the world she lived in.
YJ8beQm.png
@Cebelrai

Dathamier noticed the change in expression and blinked a moment before ratifying his statement, "no no no, nothing like that. I'm just saying that, I hope you keep coming to me before I have to leave. We are beings of understanding and things we don't understand... well they drive us insane trying to figure out. Your not a test subject or tool of mine, simply something I feel a need to make sense of. But as to the damage, nothing bad persay. Some of the beings get past our outermost patrols but none make it past the spires." He returned to his preening with an embarrassed *Huff*

"Should you return to your home shortly? I know time passes like sand through talons when a good conversation is happening, wouldn't want you in trouble." The dragon had finished his readjustment of scales and settled down near Alana.
@Cebelrai

Dathamier noticed the change in expression and blinked a moment before ratifying his statement, "no no no, nothing like that. I'm just saying that, I hope you keep coming to me before I have to leave. We are beings of understanding and things we don't understand... well they drive us insane trying to figure out. Your not a test subject or tool of mine, simply something I feel a need to make sense of. But as to the damage, nothing bad persay. Some of the beings get past our outermost patrols but none make it past the spires." He returned to his preening with an embarrassed *Huff*

"Should you return to your home shortly? I know time passes like sand through talons when a good conversation is happening, wouldn't want you in trouble." The dragon had finished his readjustment of scales and settled down near Alana.
@Heartstone

Alana nodded in relief, glad that Dathamier clarified. Though it still didn't make her feel a whole lot better. The idea that there was some strange connection between her and these myths was frightening. And the fact that Dathamier couldn't tell her more was troubling. And how he kept talking about these other world beings and the order and patrols and spires like she knew what any of it was was a little irritating. But she didn't want to keep asking questions like a child.

His question felt a little like a dismissal. Had she offended him in some way by her reaction? She wasn't sure, but she thought it best to go. "It's a little late for that," she said sheepishly, getting to her feet. "I'm sure my parents have discovered my absence. And after the state I brought Willow home in yesterday, they'll be furious that I took Hawthorne." Then she added hastily. "Not that I mind. It's been an honor being able to talk to you." She didn't want him to feel guilty on her account. Assuming such a being was capable of feeling guilt for a human like her.
@Heartstone

Alana nodded in relief, glad that Dathamier clarified. Though it still didn't make her feel a whole lot better. The idea that there was some strange connection between her and these myths was frightening. And the fact that Dathamier couldn't tell her more was troubling. And how he kept talking about these other world beings and the order and patrols and spires like she knew what any of it was was a little irritating. But she didn't want to keep asking questions like a child.

His question felt a little like a dismissal. Had she offended him in some way by her reaction? She wasn't sure, but she thought it best to go. "It's a little late for that," she said sheepishly, getting to her feet. "I'm sure my parents have discovered my absence. And after the state I brought Willow home in yesterday, they'll be furious that I took Hawthorne." Then she added hastily. "Not that I mind. It's been an honor being able to talk to you." She didn't want him to feel guilty on her account. Assuming such a being was capable of feeling guilt for a human like her.
YJ8beQm.png
@Cebelrai

Dathamier nodded, "and you, Alana". He noticed again, the expression on her face but failed to clarify his statement as before. "Remember that if you need anything, you can ask me. As long as I'm here of course. You've been a grand help to me, wether you know this or not, and this isn't something dragons take lightly. I would do something to show my appreciation but, I'm worried it will be found and thusly, me.". His shimmering blue head rested itself feet away from her, "but, yes, I don't want you to be disciplined by your parents, again, so you had best be off"
@Cebelrai

Dathamier nodded, "and you, Alana". He noticed again, the expression on her face but failed to clarify his statement as before. "Remember that if you need anything, you can ask me. As long as I'm here of course. You've been a grand help to me, wether you know this or not, and this isn't something dragons take lightly. I would do something to show my appreciation but, I'm worried it will be found and thusly, me.". His shimmering blue head rested itself feet away from her, "but, yes, I don't want you to be disciplined by your parents, again, so you had best be off"
@HeartStone
((I'm so sorry for the delay. I've been so busy, I've barely gotten online. I'm hoping my schedule will become more regular withing the next couple of weeks and hopefully that will help me be able to be better about responding.))

Alana flushed, unable to believe that talking to her was an honor. She was practically a nobody. She was just barely a member of the nobility, but still looked down upon by almost everyone. She just couldn't really believe that there was something special about her. "I-I'll be back, a-as soon as I c-can," she stammered and ducked out of the entrance. She kept Hawthorne as a fast pace until she reached home.

It was several more days before she could get away again. Furious at her disappearance a second day in a row, her parents practically kept Alana under house arrest, and the servants were told not to allow her to have a horse. During this time, Alana was also forced to attend another ball, but she spent most of the time staring wistfully out the window in the direction of the forest and Dathamier's hidden cave.

Finally, her parents had some business to attend to and left Alana alone in the house. She took her chance and snuck into the stables. Willow had recovered from most of her scratches and was eager to be ridden again, the fear of her last trip forgotten.

As Alana and Willow galloped across the courtyard and into the rode, the servants watched in dismay. It had been there responsibility to keep Alana contained and they had failed. They could only hope she'd return before her parents.

Alana laughed with joy as Willow thundered across the meadows leading to the mountains. It felt good to be free after days of being cooped up inside. But she sobered as the thought of Dathamier. Would he still be there? Or had he healed enough to return to his home? Wherever that was.

She tied Willow to a branch close to where she'd left Hawthorne a few days ago and hurried towards Dathamier's temporary lair. In her haste she tripped over rocks and roots, scraping her hands and arms and stubbing her toes. But she hardly noticed. She had convinced herself that the dragon had probably left her.

"Sir Dathamier?" she called out breathlessly, afraid of what she would find, or rather, what she wouldn't.
@HeartStone
((I'm so sorry for the delay. I've been so busy, I've barely gotten online. I'm hoping my schedule will become more regular withing the next couple of weeks and hopefully that will help me be able to be better about responding.))

Alana flushed, unable to believe that talking to her was an honor. She was practically a nobody. She was just barely a member of the nobility, but still looked down upon by almost everyone. She just couldn't really believe that there was something special about her. "I-I'll be back, a-as soon as I c-can," she stammered and ducked out of the entrance. She kept Hawthorne as a fast pace until she reached home.

It was several more days before she could get away again. Furious at her disappearance a second day in a row, her parents practically kept Alana under house arrest, and the servants were told not to allow her to have a horse. During this time, Alana was also forced to attend another ball, but she spent most of the time staring wistfully out the window in the direction of the forest and Dathamier's hidden cave.

Finally, her parents had some business to attend to and left Alana alone in the house. She took her chance and snuck into the stables. Willow had recovered from most of her scratches and was eager to be ridden again, the fear of her last trip forgotten.

As Alana and Willow galloped across the courtyard and into the rode, the servants watched in dismay. It had been there responsibility to keep Alana contained and they had failed. They could only hope she'd return before her parents.

Alana laughed with joy as Willow thundered across the meadows leading to the mountains. It felt good to be free after days of being cooped up inside. But she sobered as the thought of Dathamier. Would he still be there? Or had he healed enough to return to his home? Wherever that was.

She tied Willow to a branch close to where she'd left Hawthorne a few days ago and hurried towards Dathamier's temporary lair. In her haste she tripped over rocks and roots, scraping her hands and arms and stubbing her toes. But she hardly noticed. She had convinced herself that the dragon had probably left her.

"Sir Dathamier?" she called out breathlessly, afraid of what she would find, or rather, what she wouldn't.
YJ8beQm.png
1 2 3 4