Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private RP]- Fallen Dragon
1 2 3 4
Private RP with @cebelrai

In the thick night of the silverdawn, the moon shone at its fullest on the face of Dathamier. His dark blue scales seemed to reflect the light in every direction, but with a warm radiance rather than a stark brilliance. A young female came up alongside him and drew her lavender tail along his wings, "Dathamier, are you going to join us? It is your promotionally celebration after all". The male's ice blue eyes focused on her before replying, "no thank you, I spend most of my time on the northern ridge, this is how I like to be". She nodded knowingly, lying down next to him and looking off into the center of the great valley with him, "it is beautiful, We never seem to stop and look now. It's only a focus on how we'll get back to earth, or how we'll stay here. The never ending arguments of the high council". Dathamier blinked, he didn't know this dragon had thoughts so attuned to his. His neck spines rose slightly in a blush, which he ducked his head down and away from to hide. They conversed into the long night, even as the festival was drawing to a close. Her name was Yur'nel, a Northridge Glasshide like himself. The conversation was interrupted by a shout, making Dathamier whip his head around to investigate.
Something was wrong with the conduit, one of eight massive lines of energy radiating from the center of Haven out. Giving Yur'nel a sudden, unexpected nuzzle, he leapt to the side of one of his brothers and advanced on the unstable energy stream. The order worked together no matter the situation, he wasn't about to break his oath now. Working deep magic over the quickly deteriorating current, Dathamier felt his strength quickly leaving him.
"the conduit, we can't stop it" Came the ragged gasp of one brother, another agreeing with a grunt.
"get clear, I will take the damage for you" said another, the robes they usually wore in a pile around his paws.
"no" Dathamier shouted, shaking now, "we do this together. If we can hold the rune in place one of us can draw the energy back i-". He was cut off by a sudden shock, his brothers had left him. Flying as fast and as far as possible up the valley walls. Looking back at the conduit, his eyes only had time to widen before a flash of pure energy lit the sky for miles in every direction.

His eyes opened into nothingness,
"have I perished?" He muttered. Looking left, he saw stars, to the right, his home. Haven was burning, the conduit had backfired into the very core of Haven, the HeartStone. It must of survived, but the surrounding area did not. His head spun with confusion and pain. He couldn't go back, everything was fire, his home was rubble, the Order all but destroyed. Dathamier didn't know where these ideas came from, but he was far to confused to care.
get away, away, away!
shouted his deep, dark, innermost self. Something dragons try to suppress.
Dathamier's instincts drove him, tearing his frosted eyes away from the sight he realized fully his location.
space?....
but there is no air in space...
His mind was fogging, without air he would die in minutes. His instincts took hold again, casting a desperate spell. "Take me home"

((And this is where you come in, set up your character's basic backstory real quick and I'll begin in the setting you provide me))
Private RP with @cebelrai

In the thick night of the silverdawn, the moon shone at its fullest on the face of Dathamier. His dark blue scales seemed to reflect the light in every direction, but with a warm radiance rather than a stark brilliance. A young female came up alongside him and drew her lavender tail along his wings, "Dathamier, are you going to join us? It is your promotionally celebration after all". The male's ice blue eyes focused on her before replying, "no thank you, I spend most of my time on the northern ridge, this is how I like to be". She nodded knowingly, lying down next to him and looking off into the center of the great valley with him, "it is beautiful, We never seem to stop and look now. It's only a focus on how we'll get back to earth, or how we'll stay here. The never ending arguments of the high council". Dathamier blinked, he didn't know this dragon had thoughts so attuned to his. His neck spines rose slightly in a blush, which he ducked his head down and away from to hide. They conversed into the long night, even as the festival was drawing to a close. Her name was Yur'nel, a Northridge Glasshide like himself. The conversation was interrupted by a shout, making Dathamier whip his head around to investigate.
Something was wrong with the conduit, one of eight massive lines of energy radiating from the center of Haven out. Giving Yur'nel a sudden, unexpected nuzzle, he leapt to the side of one of his brothers and advanced on the unstable energy stream. The order worked together no matter the situation, he wasn't about to break his oath now. Working deep magic over the quickly deteriorating current, Dathamier felt his strength quickly leaving him.
"the conduit, we can't stop it" Came the ragged gasp of one brother, another agreeing with a grunt.
"get clear, I will take the damage for you" said another, the robes they usually wore in a pile around his paws.
"no" Dathamier shouted, shaking now, "we do this together. If we can hold the rune in place one of us can draw the energy back i-". He was cut off by a sudden shock, his brothers had left him. Flying as fast and as far as possible up the valley walls. Looking back at the conduit, his eyes only had time to widen before a flash of pure energy lit the sky for miles in every direction.

His eyes opened into nothingness,
"have I perished?" He muttered. Looking left, he saw stars, to the right, his home. Haven was burning, the conduit had backfired into the very core of Haven, the HeartStone. It must of survived, but the surrounding area did not. His head spun with confusion and pain. He couldn't go back, everything was fire, his home was rubble, the Order all but destroyed. Dathamier didn't know where these ideas came from, but he was far to confused to care.
get away, away, away!
shouted his deep, dark, innermost self. Something dragons try to suppress.
Dathamier's instincts drove him, tearing his frosted eyes away from the sight he realized fully his location.
space?....
but there is no air in space...
His mind was fogging, without air he would die in minutes. His instincts took hold again, casting a desperate spell. "Take me home"

((And this is where you come in, set up your character's basic backstory real quick and I'll begin in the setting you provide me))
@HeartStone
((Looks great! :D
I'm going to recycle the appearance of a previous character I had for this RP))
274fd1b3-91b6-431f-802c-f2b06aaba561.png

Alana sighed in relief as she escaped to the place garden. Her long dress swished as she walked with small dainty steps as she tried not to step on the hem. Her mother would kill her if she ripped yet another dress. Especially on a night like tonight. The ball she was attending was being held in honor of the Crown Prince's engagement. Everyone pretended to be happy, of course. But most of the courtiers were outraged that their daughters had not been selected. Even her own parents had been under the delusion she'd had a chance.

But that was preposterous. Their family hadn't belonged to the nobility all that long. It was her great-grandfather that had been granted a lordship only a few decades ago. Some of the families had been in the court for over a century. And even they had lost out to a neighboring princess. It had been she who won the prince's heart. Or her parents that had promised the best alliance, more likely.

Alana's mother still hoped that she might catch the eye of one of the younger princes, but Alana didn't think so. The only men she seemed to attract were men of the upper-middle class. They were in high standing, but she knew they only hoped to increase their own status by wedding her. And the older noble families often turned their nose up at her. Her father had tried to arrange three marriages already, but all of his proposals were turned down. Alana had tried not to let it bother her. She hadn't wanted to marry those stuck-up peacocks anyway. But it still stung to know that no one wanted to give her a chance.

She had come outside to escape the snubbing of the higher class and the attentions of the lower. She couldn't take all the politics and drama anymore. Some days she wished her great-grandfather had never been awarded a title. Sure, her family would be middle class, but maybe she have had the chance at a normal life, a chance at finding true love. Now she just felt like a pawn in her parent's game.

She plopped down on a bench in a very unladylike manner and looked out over the fields that surrounded the castle. And even further beyond that were untamed forest land. And just barely visible in the fading light were the mountains. Alana smiled. Tomorrow she would take a day off from her studies and take her horse out for a long ride.

That was about the only perk she could think of that came from being nobility - her parents had been able to buy her her very own horse.

((Hope that gives you a good place to land your character.))
@HeartStone
((Looks great! :D
I'm going to recycle the appearance of a previous character I had for this RP))
274fd1b3-91b6-431f-802c-f2b06aaba561.png

Alana sighed in relief as she escaped to the place garden. Her long dress swished as she walked with small dainty steps as she tried not to step on the hem. Her mother would kill her if she ripped yet another dress. Especially on a night like tonight. The ball she was attending was being held in honor of the Crown Prince's engagement. Everyone pretended to be happy, of course. But most of the courtiers were outraged that their daughters had not been selected. Even her own parents had been under the delusion she'd had a chance.

But that was preposterous. Their family hadn't belonged to the nobility all that long. It was her great-grandfather that had been granted a lordship only a few decades ago. Some of the families had been in the court for over a century. And even they had lost out to a neighboring princess. It had been she who won the prince's heart. Or her parents that had promised the best alliance, more likely.

Alana's mother still hoped that she might catch the eye of one of the younger princes, but Alana didn't think so. The only men she seemed to attract were men of the upper-middle class. They were in high standing, but she knew they only hoped to increase their own status by wedding her. And the older noble families often turned their nose up at her. Her father had tried to arrange three marriages already, but all of his proposals were turned down. Alana had tried not to let it bother her. She hadn't wanted to marry those stuck-up peacocks anyway. But it still stung to know that no one wanted to give her a chance.

She had come outside to escape the snubbing of the higher class and the attentions of the lower. She couldn't take all the politics and drama anymore. Some days she wished her great-grandfather had never been awarded a title. Sure, her family would be middle class, but maybe she have had the chance at a normal life, a chance at finding true love. Now she just felt like a pawn in her parent's game.

She plopped down on a bench in a very unladylike manner and looked out over the fields that surrounded the castle. And even further beyond that were untamed forest land. And just barely visible in the fading light were the mountains. Alana smiled. Tomorrow she would take a day off from her studies and take her horse out for a long ride.

That was about the only perk she could think of that came from being nobility - her parents had been able to buy her her very own horse.

((Hope that gives you a good place to land your character.))
YJ8beQm.png
@cebelrai
((yes, that's perfect))
Dathamier woke with a start, raising his great head off the ground and shaking himself. The land he had fallen on, and it defiantly was fallen on, was a thick and lush forest. It reminded him of the home he was lying in just hours ago. His horror threatened to overtake him again, and he was just bearly able to push it down.
"enough of his" He rumbled, rising to his feet and taking a tentative step. His silver/blue Guardian robes had followed him, the indefinitely swirling pattern of runes were comforting. A scent made him stop dead in his tracks. "humans" he snarled, his spines and scales standing on end at the ancestral memory of fire and fear generated by the horrid creatures. he shook himself again and bounded a little ways into the forest.
A large rocky plain sat in a particularly thickly wooded area. A stream also ran by here. It was perfect to build a makeshift home and contemplate his next move. Casting a variety of spells, he found it easier than normal to shift the earth into a den. Sloppy as it was, it was still something he could call home.
"I'll work on making it look natural later, now to hunt" Dathamier muttered to himself, admiring his magic-work with a male dragon's ego. It was white, lumpy, and stood out to anyone in a ten meter radius, but it would work for now.
He crept away a ways before beginning his quest for meat. An instinct he hadn't indulged in many moons.
@cebelrai
((yes, that's perfect))
Dathamier woke with a start, raising his great head off the ground and shaking himself. The land he had fallen on, and it defiantly was fallen on, was a thick and lush forest. It reminded him of the home he was lying in just hours ago. His horror threatened to overtake him again, and he was just bearly able to push it down.
"enough of his" He rumbled, rising to his feet and taking a tentative step. His silver/blue Guardian robes had followed him, the indefinitely swirling pattern of runes were comforting. A scent made him stop dead in his tracks. "humans" he snarled, his spines and scales standing on end at the ancestral memory of fire and fear generated by the horrid creatures. he shook himself again and bounded a little ways into the forest.
A large rocky plain sat in a particularly thickly wooded area. A stream also ran by here. It was perfect to build a makeshift home and contemplate his next move. Casting a variety of spells, he found it easier than normal to shift the earth into a den. Sloppy as it was, it was still something he could call home.
"I'll work on making it look natural later, now to hunt" Dathamier muttered to himself, admiring his magic-work with a male dragon's ego. It was white, lumpy, and stood out to anyone in a ten meter radius, but it would work for now.
He crept away a ways before beginning his quest for meat. An instinct he hadn't indulged in many moons.
@HeartStone

Alana smiled as the wind whipped through her hair. She normally braided it when it didn't have to be done for a special occasion. But today she had just wanted to feel free and leave everything behind. She had snuck out of the house early that morning to avoid her mother. She always fussed when Alana insisted on wearing pants. It wasn't proper. But riding in a dress was so impractical. And she though she might do a little exploring in the forest, and her mother would be furious if she ruined a dress doing that.

Well, her mom would be furious if she found out that Alana had been to the woods at all. It was too dangerous. There could be wolves, bears, and possibly even lynx roaming the land. Not to mention bandits and rouges. But Alana carried a rapier at her side. She wasn't an expert, but she had bullied her older cousin into giving her a few lessons. She hoped she would at least be able to put up enough of her fight to convince whoever, or whatever, attacked her that she wasn't worth the trouble.

There were rumors of other things in the woods as well, darker, more mysterious things. But Alana scoffed at those. They were just stories to scare children and ignorant peasants. There was no such things as monsters after all. But as she rode she thought back to last night.

As she'd sat in the garden, she could have sworn that she'd seen something falling through the sky. She couldn't tell from this distance, but it would have to have been huge. No! What was she thinking? She had decided it was only a trick of the light, brought on by exhaustion and wine.

She would have forgotten all about it, except for the dream she'd had later. She didn't usually remember her dreams, and when she did they were only vague and fuzzy images. But last night it had seemed vivid. And terrifying. There had been a large monster chasing her through the forest. Though it had been close, she'd never actually been able to see it through the trees. She'd only gotten an impression of blue and silver.

She shuddered, trying to ward off the lingering feeling of fear. It was only a dream. She'd been to the woods plenty of times and nothing had ever happened. So she steered her steed toward a well used path. Many peasants came to this part of the woods for timber. But the further in she got, the less defined the trail became until it was barely a deer track.

Her horse seemed nervous, which alarmed Alana a little. Usually Willow was an easygoing and mellow mare. But her ears flicked and her haunches twitched restlessly. The came to a stream and Alana dismounted. "Take a rest, girl," she crooned gently, hoping a break and a drink would ease Willow's mood.

((Hope I didn't go too overboard there. I'll tone it down once our characters meet. ^^; ))
@HeartStone

Alana smiled as the wind whipped through her hair. She normally braided it when it didn't have to be done for a special occasion. But today she had just wanted to feel free and leave everything behind. She had snuck out of the house early that morning to avoid her mother. She always fussed when Alana insisted on wearing pants. It wasn't proper. But riding in a dress was so impractical. And she though she might do a little exploring in the forest, and her mother would be furious if she ruined a dress doing that.

Well, her mom would be furious if she found out that Alana had been to the woods at all. It was too dangerous. There could be wolves, bears, and possibly even lynx roaming the land. Not to mention bandits and rouges. But Alana carried a rapier at her side. She wasn't an expert, but she had bullied her older cousin into giving her a few lessons. She hoped she would at least be able to put up enough of her fight to convince whoever, or whatever, attacked her that she wasn't worth the trouble.

There were rumors of other things in the woods as well, darker, more mysterious things. But Alana scoffed at those. They were just stories to scare children and ignorant peasants. There was no such things as monsters after all. But as she rode she thought back to last night.

As she'd sat in the garden, she could have sworn that she'd seen something falling through the sky. She couldn't tell from this distance, but it would have to have been huge. No! What was she thinking? She had decided it was only a trick of the light, brought on by exhaustion and wine.

She would have forgotten all about it, except for the dream she'd had later. She didn't usually remember her dreams, and when she did they were only vague and fuzzy images. But last night it had seemed vivid. And terrifying. There had been a large monster chasing her through the forest. Though it had been close, she'd never actually been able to see it through the trees. She'd only gotten an impression of blue and silver.

She shuddered, trying to ward off the lingering feeling of fear. It was only a dream. She'd been to the woods plenty of times and nothing had ever happened. So she steered her steed toward a well used path. Many peasants came to this part of the woods for timber. But the further in she got, the less defined the trail became until it was barely a deer track.

Her horse seemed nervous, which alarmed Alana a little. Usually Willow was an easygoing and mellow mare. But her ears flicked and her haunches twitched restlessly. The came to a stream and Alana dismounted. "Take a rest, girl," she crooned gently, hoping a break and a drink would ease Willow's mood.

((Hope I didn't go too overboard there. I'll tone it down once our characters meet. ^^; ))
YJ8beQm.png
@cebelari
((sorry about that, I just ate. No, that's perfectly fine, you can be as detailed as you'd like (as long as it isn't a book per reply XD)))

"Empty" He growled, "these woods are devoid of life!". Dathamier's body landed smoothly near his makeshift home, to which he began trotting quickly. The scent of human was closer now, which was impossible. No human would have the gall to approach the lair of a dragon.
"unless they didn't know you were here" he muttered, rolling his eyes at his own male stupidity.
"sometimes I wish I wasn't so effected by my basic side, but this is just something we need to learn to deal with". He stopped then, standing still with an embarrassed look on his muzzle. He was talking to himself now, fantastic.

Dathamier didn't notice the scent of horse until he was almost ontop of it. He was frustrated at the lack of sizable prey in these woods and the prospect of horse made him drool like a feral for a moment before he snapped himself out of it.
ugh... these woods are making me lose my sanity he thought to himself, focusing on the task at paw. With surprisingly silent pawsteps, the massive dragon lowered himself into a hunters crouch. His tail, which had a beautiful, silver, cresent moon-like shape on the tip, swayed back and forth just above the ground.
As he neared the horse, he heard a voice. Stopping, he cocked his head and listened.
"Take a rest, girl,"
A female. Speaking in the tongue of humans. Dathamier knew how to speak this language, but didn't figure he would ever need to. He chose to scare away the girl and claim her horse as his meal. It was an honor to be destroyed by something as mighty as he after all.
your doing it again he thought, knocking one of his horns with a talon. He had three, two spiraling outward from behind his eye ridges and one large horn sitting in the center of his forehead. It had an intricate marking that spiraled out from the center. This represented two things: His home, and his duty. Dathamier focused on this to bring him back into his more calm mindset.
After reflecting on this for a moment he felt an overwhelming sorrow for his people, but also humanity. They must still have stories of dragons, but are cursed by never knowing where the idea of dragons came from. She would most likely be terrified, for life, if he presented himself as a beast. Dathamier resolved to approach the situation lighter than he originally planned. adopting a low, almost submissive position, the huge creature moved out to the right of the female.
"hello?" He rumbled, trying to avoid scaring her horse
@cebelari
((sorry about that, I just ate. No, that's perfectly fine, you can be as detailed as you'd like (as long as it isn't a book per reply XD)))

"Empty" He growled, "these woods are devoid of life!". Dathamier's body landed smoothly near his makeshift home, to which he began trotting quickly. The scent of human was closer now, which was impossible. No human would have the gall to approach the lair of a dragon.
"unless they didn't know you were here" he muttered, rolling his eyes at his own male stupidity.
"sometimes I wish I wasn't so effected by my basic side, but this is just something we need to learn to deal with". He stopped then, standing still with an embarrassed look on his muzzle. He was talking to himself now, fantastic.

Dathamier didn't notice the scent of horse until he was almost ontop of it. He was frustrated at the lack of sizable prey in these woods and the prospect of horse made him drool like a feral for a moment before he snapped himself out of it.
ugh... these woods are making me lose my sanity he thought to himself, focusing on the task at paw. With surprisingly silent pawsteps, the massive dragon lowered himself into a hunters crouch. His tail, which had a beautiful, silver, cresent moon-like shape on the tip, swayed back and forth just above the ground.
As he neared the horse, he heard a voice. Stopping, he cocked his head and listened.
"Take a rest, girl,"
A female. Speaking in the tongue of humans. Dathamier knew how to speak this language, but didn't figure he would ever need to. He chose to scare away the girl and claim her horse as his meal. It was an honor to be destroyed by something as mighty as he after all.
your doing it again he thought, knocking one of his horns with a talon. He had three, two spiraling outward from behind his eye ridges and one large horn sitting in the center of his forehead. It had an intricate marking that spiraled out from the center. This represented two things: His home, and his duty. Dathamier focused on this to bring him back into his more calm mindset.
After reflecting on this for a moment he felt an overwhelming sorrow for his people, but also humanity. They must still have stories of dragons, but are cursed by never knowing where the idea of dragons came from. She would most likely be terrified, for life, if he presented himself as a beast. Dathamier resolved to approach the situation lighter than he originally planned. adopting a low, almost submissive position, the huge creature moved out to the right of the female.
"hello?" He rumbled, trying to avoid scaring her horse
@HeartStone
((Sorry for the delay. Just so you know, you spelled my name wrong. I only mention it because I have another partner who's misspelled it a couple times too and it makes it hard to keep track. :) ))

Though Willow bent her neck and began to drink, she still seemed on edge. Her ears flicked back and forth and her tail flicked restlessly. Alana ran her hand along her flank and Willow snorted as her hide jumped under Alana's fingers. "Easy, it's okay," she cooed softly. She stood by the mare's head and whispered gentle, reassuring words.

Then a strange voice said, "Hello."

Before Alana could turn to see who had spoken, Willow screamed. It was a noise unlike any she'd uttered before and it made Alana's blood run cold. The spooked horse reared, nostrils flared and eyes wide before cantering off into the woods. Alana didn't know what to do. Who had spoken that had scared her horse so terribly? She started to run after Willow, but glanced over her shoulder.

And she froze in her tracks. For a second she thought she was dreaming. She had never woken up and the blue and silver monster had finally caught up with her. She was so caught off her guard that she tripped over her own feet and sprawled on the mossy ground. She rolled over on her back, staring up at the beast, hoping she'd wake up before it devoured her.
@HeartStone
((Sorry for the delay. Just so you know, you spelled my name wrong. I only mention it because I have another partner who's misspelled it a couple times too and it makes it hard to keep track. :) ))

Though Willow bent her neck and began to drink, she still seemed on edge. Her ears flicked back and forth and her tail flicked restlessly. Alana ran her hand along her flank and Willow snorted as her hide jumped under Alana's fingers. "Easy, it's okay," she cooed softly. She stood by the mare's head and whispered gentle, reassuring words.

Then a strange voice said, "Hello."

Before Alana could turn to see who had spoken, Willow screamed. It was a noise unlike any she'd uttered before and it made Alana's blood run cold. The spooked horse reared, nostrils flared and eyes wide before cantering off into the woods. Alana didn't know what to do. Who had spoken that had scared her horse so terribly? She started to run after Willow, but glanced over her shoulder.

And she froze in her tracks. For a second she thought she was dreaming. She had never woken up and the blue and silver monster had finally caught up with her. She was so caught off her guard that she tripped over her own feet and sprawled on the mossy ground. She rolled over on her back, staring up at the beast, hoping she'd wake up before it devoured her.
YJ8beQm.png
@Cebelrai
((Well... that's embarrassing...))

Dathamier's eyes widened and he took a few slow steps backward, keeping his belly near the ground.
"sorry sorry... sorry. I won't hurt you, I didn't mean to scare your horse either" He spoke with as soft a voice as he could.
His eyes were icy and devoid of malice, but also devoid of mercy. It was obvious he was a predator, but less obvious were his intentions.
"if you'd like, I can move my home to a more remote area. I didn't think humans would come this far out"
@Cebelrai
((Well... that's embarrassing...))

Dathamier's eyes widened and he took a few slow steps backward, keeping his belly near the ground.
"sorry sorry... sorry. I won't hurt you, I didn't mean to scare your horse either" He spoke with as soft a voice as he could.
His eyes were icy and devoid of malice, but also devoid of mercy. It was obvious he was a predator, but less obvious were his intentions.
"if you'd like, I can move my home to a more remote area. I didn't think humans would come this far out"
@HeartStone
((Lol, don't worry about it. It's been happening a lot lately. XD ))

Alana was still stunned, though she'd realized this wasn't a dream. It was real. But how could that be? As she looked at the creature, the only word that came to mind was, "Dragon." But those weren't real. They were only in stories, paintings, tapestries. They were a myth. And yet here was one, right in front of her.

And even more than that, it was speaking to her. And what had it said? Something about her horse? Then she heard a crashing noise and frantic whinnying. But these sounded more pained than frightened. "Willow," Alana cried. She rushed into the woods, glancing back at the... creature.

Willow hadn't made it far. Her reigns had gotten caught in some branches, and Willow herself seemed to be stuck in a thorn bush. She was thrashing around, making things worse. She had many cuts and her coat was flecked with foam and blood. "Easy girl, easy," Alana shouted. She tired to grab hold of the reigns and regain control.

Finally she got hold of them and pulled, holding Willow still. The poor horse stood shivering in terror. "Shhh, shhh, easy," Alana whispered, trying to untangle the lead and extricate Willow from the thorns.

As she worked, she kept looking back to where she'd seen the monster from her dream. She still couldn't quite believe it was real. But Willow had seen it too, so it had to be. She wondered why the thing hadn't followed her. In all the stories, dragons were voracious killers. The weren't above swooping of with horses and livestock. And didn't they like maidens too? Or was it only princesses? She shook her head. The thing had seemed almost apologetic. It had seemed like it didn't want to run into people at all.

Finally she got the horse quieted. She knew she needed to get her home and cleaned up as soon as she could. But curiosity had begun to replace fear. She wrapped Willow's reigns around a sturdy branch and headed back to where she'd seen the dragon, wondering if he were still there.
@HeartStone
((Lol, don't worry about it. It's been happening a lot lately. XD ))

Alana was still stunned, though she'd realized this wasn't a dream. It was real. But how could that be? As she looked at the creature, the only word that came to mind was, "Dragon." But those weren't real. They were only in stories, paintings, tapestries. They were a myth. And yet here was one, right in front of her.

And even more than that, it was speaking to her. And what had it said? Something about her horse? Then she heard a crashing noise and frantic whinnying. But these sounded more pained than frightened. "Willow," Alana cried. She rushed into the woods, glancing back at the... creature.

Willow hadn't made it far. Her reigns had gotten caught in some branches, and Willow herself seemed to be stuck in a thorn bush. She was thrashing around, making things worse. She had many cuts and her coat was flecked with foam and blood. "Easy girl, easy," Alana shouted. She tired to grab hold of the reigns and regain control.

Finally she got hold of them and pulled, holding Willow still. The poor horse stood shivering in terror. "Shhh, shhh, easy," Alana whispered, trying to untangle the lead and extricate Willow from the thorns.

As she worked, she kept looking back to where she'd seen the monster from her dream. She still couldn't quite believe it was real. But Willow had seen it too, so it had to be. She wondered why the thing hadn't followed her. In all the stories, dragons were voracious killers. The weren't above swooping of with horses and livestock. And didn't they like maidens too? Or was it only princesses? She shook her head. The thing had seemed almost apologetic. It had seemed like it didn't want to run into people at all.

Finally she got the horse quieted. She knew she needed to get her home and cleaned up as soon as she could. But curiosity had begun to replace fear. She wrapped Willow's reigns around a sturdy branch and headed back to where she'd seen the dragon, wondering if he were still there.
YJ8beQm.png
@cabalrai

With a huff, the dragon rose to his full, twenty five foot height and sat down with a *thud*.
"well... I guess I should move now" He muttered. Dathamier's tail lashed with annoyance at the human's blind fear. If Yathimar truly extinguished dragon memory from humanity, why did she seem to recognize him, or at least his form, as a dragon? "The White priest's spell must have been flawed" He growled.

Walking slowly back toward his den, he parted a thick tangle of ivy he had accelerated over the entry way, and slipped inside. The den was already comforting, his scent a reminder of his isolation, but also his survival. No more hiding, he needed to find a way back. The difficult part was locating his home, not actually getting there. Experimentally, Dathamier opened his wings partially, but stopped half way with a gasp of pain. Broken, he had broken his left wing at the second joint.
"bloodrot" He cursed, "can this get worse?"

The now angered beast closed his right wing and began preening his left. Carefully avoiding the damaged area.
Until he could weave a strong enough healing spell, Dathamier wasn't going anywhere.
@cabalrai

With a huff, the dragon rose to his full, twenty five foot height and sat down with a *thud*.
"well... I guess I should move now" He muttered. Dathamier's tail lashed with annoyance at the human's blind fear. If Yathimar truly extinguished dragon memory from humanity, why did she seem to recognize him, or at least his form, as a dragon? "The White priest's spell must have been flawed" He growled.

Walking slowly back toward his den, he parted a thick tangle of ivy he had accelerated over the entry way, and slipped inside. The den was already comforting, his scent a reminder of his isolation, but also his survival. No more hiding, he needed to find a way back. The difficult part was locating his home, not actually getting there. Experimentally, Dathamier opened his wings partially, but stopped half way with a gasp of pain. Broken, he had broken his left wing at the second joint.
"bloodrot" He cursed, "can this get worse?"

The now angered beast closed his right wing and began preening his left. Carefully avoiding the damaged area.
Until he could weave a strong enough healing spell, Dathamier wasn't going anywhere.
@HeartStone

Alana reached the bank where the monster had first appeared to her, but it was gone. Though there was a clear trail left by the large beast. She wavered, knowing her horse needed treatment, but wanting to make sure that what she'd seen was real. She could just barely see Willow through the branches. She seemed calm enough now. She was munching on some leaves just within her reach, though she still seemed jumpy. But none of the wounds were deep.

Alana silently promised not to be long and followed the path of overturned boulders and cracked tree branches. It led to a rocky field that contained a strange formation of rocks that didn't quite look natural. The patch of ivy covering only one part of it seemed suspicious as well. Could that be the entrance to a den.

Alana inched closer, still warring with herself. If there really was a dragon in there, she should be getting as far away as possible. Yet the creature she thought she'd seen didn't seem hostile. Without realizing it, she found herself at the patch of ivy. She gulped and extended her hand to push the hanging plant aside. Sure enough, they opened to the inside of the rock formation and inside was a hulking figure that seemed to be cleaning itself, much like a ca.

She let out an involuntary gasp and let the ivy drop. She began to back away, fear once again taking over.
@HeartStone

Alana reached the bank where the monster had first appeared to her, but it was gone. Though there was a clear trail left by the large beast. She wavered, knowing her horse needed treatment, but wanting to make sure that what she'd seen was real. She could just barely see Willow through the branches. She seemed calm enough now. She was munching on some leaves just within her reach, though she still seemed jumpy. But none of the wounds were deep.

Alana silently promised not to be long and followed the path of overturned boulders and cracked tree branches. It led to a rocky field that contained a strange formation of rocks that didn't quite look natural. The patch of ivy covering only one part of it seemed suspicious as well. Could that be the entrance to a den.

Alana inched closer, still warring with herself. If there really was a dragon in there, she should be getting as far away as possible. Yet the creature she thought she'd seen didn't seem hostile. Without realizing it, she found herself at the patch of ivy. She gulped and extended her hand to push the hanging plant aside. Sure enough, they opened to the inside of the rock formation and inside was a hulking figure that seemed to be cleaning itself, much like a ca.

She let out an involuntary gasp and let the ivy drop. She began to back away, fear once again taking over.
YJ8beQm.png
1 2 3 4