Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Mire Expansion
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 111 112
Holy cow that thing is HUGE! My dragons are terrified, thank tidelord they will have red wooly coats to snuggle
Holy cow that thing is HUGE! My dragons are terrified, thank tidelord they will have red wooly coats to snuggle
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
@autumnclockwork

Alright, if you're not implying that I have 0 problem continuing on this topic with you. :)

I thought about the horse thing too, because I really like to think things over before I post anywhere these days, and it hit me that there are horses the same color as both horned lovelies too.

The most obvious thing I can think of is that they are subscribing to a dark=bad mentality like most fantasy, but a lot of people have covered over the years why it's a problem to lump darker (ie- a dark, but natural, brown) in with the sort of fantastical darkness associated with night or scary things.

The difference between something literally dark-toned and something (perceived) lacking light, basically. The latter qualification being another reason I shrugged off the black dwarf unicorn thing when I first saw it, and the former being why it (and the BDU once more only because of the pattern) stand out to me as an unnecessary target for 'less special'.

Maybe if they were just different, instead of the unimportant ones, or if the "Special" Unicorn wasn't about the same exact color palette while this new "eh" (not to me, but within the lore) one was totally different except for just being darker.

But as it is, it's just a brown unicorn being labeled as magicless while the light (cream colored and blonde and even blue-eyed to boot) is super special and full of magic. It just feels off.
@autumnclockwork

Alright, if you're not implying that I have 0 problem continuing on this topic with you. :)

I thought about the horse thing too, because I really like to think things over before I post anywhere these days, and it hit me that there are horses the same color as both horned lovelies too.

The most obvious thing I can think of is that they are subscribing to a dark=bad mentality like most fantasy, but a lot of people have covered over the years why it's a problem to lump darker (ie- a dark, but natural, brown) in with the sort of fantastical darkness associated with night or scary things.

The difference between something literally dark-toned and something (perceived) lacking light, basically. The latter qualification being another reason I shrugged off the black dwarf unicorn thing when I first saw it, and the former being why it (and the BDU once more only because of the pattern) stand out to me as an unnecessary target for 'less special'.

Maybe if they were just different, instead of the unimportant ones, or if the "Special" Unicorn wasn't about the same exact color palette while this new "eh" (not to me, but within the lore) one was totally different except for just being darker.

But as it is, it's just a brown unicorn being labeled as magicless while the light (cream colored and blonde and even blue-eyed to boot) is super special and full of magic. It just feels off.
[quote name="RaveLegend" date=2015-07-02 21:26:56] @Undel just ran into one! seems to be a little to the right (animation is synced fine, though!)? [/quote] Darn. Okay, I've uploaded a new version, but for it to appear you'll need to clear your cache or ctrl + f5 to reload assets.
RaveLegend wrote on 2015-07-02:
@Undel just ran into one! seems to be a little to the right (animation is synced fine, though!)?

Darn. Okay, I've uploaded a new version, but for it to appear you'll need to clear your cache or ctrl + f5 to reload assets.
[quote name="InkdemonCuddles" date=2015-07-02 21:07:31] GIMME THAT BOSS ALREADY IM GONNA LICK IT [/quote] @Inkdemoncuddles YES. JUST YES Best reference. You win
InkdemonCuddles wrote on 2015-07-02:
GIMME THAT BOSS ALREADY
IM GONNA LICK IT
@Inkdemoncuddles

YES. JUST YES
Best reference. You win
jvJ9Joq.pngBauFMGV.pngHS9WdLn.pngwLeiNpB.pngNsrno4k.pngQOx5NTg.pngEaNEaHy.png2vIc9Zg.png
Neki
TIME||FR+3
ON||OFF||IN COLI
Glory to the Dreamers
Books will eventually be links

JQZ5qN1.png
Oh man. Those toads are huge. I wonder if Jiraya would summon one. Wait, he can't. Nevermind~
Oh man. Those toads are huge. I wonder if Jiraya would summon one. Wait, he can't. Nevermind~
Just killed my first megatoad.
Just killed my first megatoad.
My wishlist
Things I hoard:
Everglade Hedgehog Sandstrike Hedgehog
[font=century gothic]@Undel I can confirm that the red-highlight is slightly to the right, however it syncs with the animation perfectly fine. When attacking my third dragon however, [s]it clipped into the foreground decorations[/s] went too quick to see first time, but rather the interface. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57444694/wartoad.png[/img]
@Undel I can confirm that the red-highlight is slightly to the right, however it syncs with the animation perfectly fine. When attacking my third dragon however, it clipped into the foreground decorations went too quick to see first time, but rather the interface.

wartoad.png
Wooo first sludge on the market! Started it out at an absurdly high price for all of you :p (oh god pls don't make me the only one selling this and at such a high price)
Wooo first sludge on the market! Started it out at an absurdly high price for all of you :p (oh god pls don't make me the only one selling this and at such a high price)
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
"Wetland Unicorn"

An actual unicorn you can get without spending gems

YESSSSS
"Wetland Unicorn"

YESSSSS
It is a familiar! At least a blue version is.
It is a familiar! At least a blue version is.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 111 112