Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Debt Repaid [Private]
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
@Kiithe

The perturbed Skydancer looks between the two dragons. Well, she had to be the mature one, so she decided to suck it up. Tusarri turned out fine, after all, so it didn't much matter.

"Lambent." She looks at the Mirror, tensely sitting on the bridge. "Go walk it off. Tusarri, while not entirely a conventional Pearlcatcher, turned out alright."

The Nature dragon growls, but turns around and beings doing small, trotting rounds up and down the bridge they're on.

"Nervous energy makes most Mirrors like this. Lambent's no exception." The Skydancer states when the other's out of earshot. "Especially because she already disliked Tusarri without knowin' this."

"It's just sorta stunning news, ya know? Ah can see why Tusarri would keep that a secret." The Skydancer sits closer to the Fae, just in case she accidentally fell or something.

The older dragon looks very seriously to the younger, "Have ye ever really seen an Emperor? They're not a common sight, especially 'alive'."
@Kiithe

The perturbed Skydancer looks between the two dragons. Well, she had to be the mature one, so she decided to suck it up. Tusarri turned out fine, after all, so it didn't much matter.

"Lambent." She looks at the Mirror, tensely sitting on the bridge. "Go walk it off. Tusarri, while not entirely a conventional Pearlcatcher, turned out alright."

The Nature dragon growls, but turns around and beings doing small, trotting rounds up and down the bridge they're on.

"Nervous energy makes most Mirrors like this. Lambent's no exception." The Skydancer states when the other's out of earshot. "Especially because she already disliked Tusarri without knowin' this."

"It's just sorta stunning news, ya know? Ah can see why Tusarri would keep that a secret." The Skydancer sits closer to the Fae, just in case she accidentally fell or something.

The older dragon looks very seriously to the younger, "Have ye ever really seen an Emperor? They're not a common sight, especially 'alive'."
@Averil

Rei nods watching Lambent do her rounds, "I know. It's fine, I'm just really bad at figuring out what others should already know about things I know."

She stares blankly at the skydancer, "Because I know a lot of things, about a lot of dragons I've technically never met, nothing really seems that shocking anymore."

She curls her tail around the rope-railing as she answers the last question, "In the flesh? Not really, but I've seen it in my dreams, which are sometimes more real to me than any of this." She gestures about at the lair, "I haven't ever gone much past our clans territory, and even then usually just on short trips with my brother or sister, before they left. Nowadays I stay inside, or sit here."
@Averil

Rei nods watching Lambent do her rounds, "I know. It's fine, I'm just really bad at figuring out what others should already know about things I know."

She stares blankly at the skydancer, "Because I know a lot of things, about a lot of dragons I've technically never met, nothing really seems that shocking anymore."

She curls her tail around the rope-railing as she answers the last question, "In the flesh? Not really, but I've seen it in my dreams, which are sometimes more real to me than any of this." She gestures about at the lair, "I haven't ever gone much past our clans territory, and even then usually just on short trips with my brother or sister, before they left. Nowadays I stay inside, or sit here."
HzGpUHb.png
@Kiithe

Acgyll frowns a little. "Ye of all dragons should understand what it's like followin' another dragon's prints. While Ah'll never understand how jumbled things are to any clairvoyants, ye gotta be careful who ye tell what."

The Mirror's back with the group again, before going to trot off, you can hear a mumble about 'rotting death and killing claws'. The Skydancer looks concerned to the dragon, though the other pays no mind as her pacing is more important. She leaves for the other side of the bridge again.

The older dragon tries to change the subject a little, "Would ye want ta adventure? With the proper equipment and allies, o'course. It's gotta be old living in someone's else's story, after all. Why not go ta make your own?"
@Kiithe

Acgyll frowns a little. "Ye of all dragons should understand what it's like followin' another dragon's prints. While Ah'll never understand how jumbled things are to any clairvoyants, ye gotta be careful who ye tell what."

The Mirror's back with the group again, before going to trot off, you can hear a mumble about 'rotting death and killing claws'. The Skydancer looks concerned to the dragon, though the other pays no mind as her pacing is more important. She leaves for the other side of the bridge again.

The older dragon tries to change the subject a little, "Would ye want ta adventure? With the proper equipment and allies, o'course. It's gotta be old living in someone's else's story, after all. Why not go ta make your own?"
@Averil

The fae nods, "I know. I should just not talk, always better to just not talk. I just, she was asking questions, and you seemed genuinely interested! And no one ever talks to me. And that's not really how it works, I can..."

She frowns, "Ok, so in my dreams I see things happen and I know who I am but I don't know how I, as that dragon I mean, feel about it, it's just a series of events with no real context in no particular order. So the dragon I'm talking to might have done whatever I'm seeing years ago, or it might not happen for many years to come. There's never any telling. It's like a puzzle to put together really. Usually I just don't say anything, but I mean," she watches the dragon pace again, "I know so much about Lambent! And Tsuarri, and a few others in your clan, it was just really exciting to finally really meet one of you, so I just, forgot."

She shakes her head at the last bit, "No, well I mean yes I would love to. But, I know my place in the story, and I would just be baggage anyways, at points literally. That's not an ally, that's a transportation system. I don't want to bother anyone."

@Averil

The fae nods, "I know. I should just not talk, always better to just not talk. I just, she was asking questions, and you seemed genuinely interested! And no one ever talks to me. And that's not really how it works, I can..."

She frowns, "Ok, so in my dreams I see things happen and I know who I am but I don't know how I, as that dragon I mean, feel about it, it's just a series of events with no real context in no particular order. So the dragon I'm talking to might have done whatever I'm seeing years ago, or it might not happen for many years to come. There's never any telling. It's like a puzzle to put together really. Usually I just don't say anything, but I mean," she watches the dragon pace again, "I know so much about Lambent! And Tsuarri, and a few others in your clan, it was just really exciting to finally really meet one of you, so I just, forgot."

She shakes her head at the last bit, "No, well I mean yes I would love to. But, I know my place in the story, and I would just be baggage anyways, at points literally. That's not an ally, that's a transportation system. I don't want to bother anyone."

HzGpUHb.png
@Kiithe

"O'course it's interestin'." The Skydancer says as the Mirror, once again, makes her round back to the other side, catching occasional parts of the conversation. "We'd never know that fact unless ye told us. Weird, and slightly creepy, but fascinatin'." She shrugs "And we've seen some pretty demented stuff too, so it's not even close to the worst thing we've ever heard."

Acgyll cocks her head curiously. "Ye know a lot about Lambent?" The Skydancer eyes the dragon nearing the completion of crossing the bridge. "Then do ye know what happened to her in the wood? Even she doesn't know or remember, so if ye could fill that in, that'd be appreciated...assuming ye know, of course." Her wings ruffle a little and she checks the injury on her wing.

"Sorry Ah misunderstood your clairvoyant-ness. Thanks for explaining." The dragon watches as Lambent approaches.

The Mirror is talking about something to herself, but how far off the track of Emperors it's gone is beyond the dragons watching her pace. She's muttering something about, 'weird time bull-' at this point, whirling around and walking back.

"Nonsense!" The Lightning dragon gives a small chuckle, "Ye don't know your place in every story. Why don't you try adventuring? Maybe not in the 'stories' you're thinkin' of. And o'course they're an ally. Allies watch after each other. Transport, fighting, or otherwise." She gives the Fae the gentlest of reassuring nudges. "Not ever ally is as strong as the other. That's why guards exist. Scouts, too. Everyone has their talents, weird or otherwise." She smirks, "We have a Nocturne who makes sculptures out of ice, a Tundra that draws pictures to remember dragons, and an Arcane dragon who has no talent outside of making scales look prettier. They've all found their places. No doubt ye will, too."
@Kiithe

"O'course it's interestin'." The Skydancer says as the Mirror, once again, makes her round back to the other side, catching occasional parts of the conversation. "We'd never know that fact unless ye told us. Weird, and slightly creepy, but fascinatin'." She shrugs "And we've seen some pretty demented stuff too, so it's not even close to the worst thing we've ever heard."

Acgyll cocks her head curiously. "Ye know a lot about Lambent?" The Skydancer eyes the dragon nearing the completion of crossing the bridge. "Then do ye know what happened to her in the wood? Even she doesn't know or remember, so if ye could fill that in, that'd be appreciated...assuming ye know, of course." Her wings ruffle a little and she checks the injury on her wing.

"Sorry Ah misunderstood your clairvoyant-ness. Thanks for explaining." The dragon watches as Lambent approaches.

The Mirror is talking about something to herself, but how far off the track of Emperors it's gone is beyond the dragons watching her pace. She's muttering something about, 'weird time bull-' at this point, whirling around and walking back.

"Nonsense!" The Lightning dragon gives a small chuckle, "Ye don't know your place in every story. Why don't you try adventuring? Maybe not in the 'stories' you're thinkin' of. And o'course they're an ally. Allies watch after each other. Transport, fighting, or otherwise." She gives the Fae the gentlest of reassuring nudges. "Not ever ally is as strong as the other. That's why guards exist. Scouts, too. Everyone has their talents, weird or otherwise." She smirks, "We have a Nocturne who makes sculptures out of ice, a Tundra that draws pictures to remember dragons, and an Arcane dragon who has no talent outside of making scales look prettier. They've all found their places. No doubt ye will, too."
@Averil

The fae checks out the skydancers wing as she talks, "Oh, you're hurt! How'd that happen? And yes I actually do. It's a longish hard to explain ordeal. And sort of her story and not mine, and since she's here I should probably ask if I can tell it? And you're welcome."

Rei shakes a fairy off her frill and curls and uncurls her tail nervously around the rope, "I don't know about that. I mean, I don't really have any skills, I sleep and dream a lot. Not exactly something that can be put to use. And I can't use this ability to do anything other than make people mildly uncomfortable. It would be interesting, but not really a good idea."

"Would be neat though." she adds more quietly.
@Averil

The fae checks out the skydancers wing as she talks, "Oh, you're hurt! How'd that happen? And yes I actually do. It's a longish hard to explain ordeal. And sort of her story and not mine, and since she's here I should probably ask if I can tell it? And you're welcome."

Rei shakes a fairy off her frill and curls and uncurls her tail nervously around the rope, "I don't know about that. I mean, I don't really have any skills, I sleep and dream a lot. Not exactly something that can be put to use. And I can't use this ability to do anything other than make people mildly uncomfortable. It would be interesting, but not really a good idea."

"Would be neat though." she adds more quietly.
HzGpUHb.png
@Kiithe

"Just got into a fight with a rock, that's all." The dragon waves a paw dismissively.

"She'd have to ask, the stubborn boar." The Skydancer watches Lambent's continued pacing. "It makes her uneasy that she doesn't remember,, and Ah would be just as conflicted about havin' the truth told. After all, she did a lot o' terrible things that she doesn't remember at all."

The dragon, upon hearing this, smiles. "Then ye have untapped potential for skills. Obviously, some limitations, but every dragon has those. Maybe ye can do sewing, or drawing, or writing, or another slightly-intensive-but-not-time-sensitive craft. There are plenty out there."

"Maybe you'll find the skill while adventurin'! All the more reason to see a bit more o'the world." The Skydancer continues giving encouraging words to the tinier, younger dragon.
@Kiithe

"Just got into a fight with a rock, that's all." The dragon waves a paw dismissively.

"She'd have to ask, the stubborn boar." The Skydancer watches Lambent's continued pacing. "It makes her uneasy that she doesn't remember,, and Ah would be just as conflicted about havin' the truth told. After all, she did a lot o' terrible things that she doesn't remember at all."

The dragon, upon hearing this, smiles. "Then ye have untapped potential for skills. Obviously, some limitations, but every dragon has those. Maybe ye can do sewing, or drawing, or writing, or another slightly-intensive-but-not-time-sensitive craft. There are plenty out there."

"Maybe you'll find the skill while adventurin'! All the more reason to see a bit more o'the world." The Skydancer continues giving encouraging words to the tinier, younger dragon.
@Averil

That does nothing to alleviate the faes confusion, "A... rock? Um. Ok. Was it a big rock?"

She nods, "I would be willing to tell, though it's not exactly a fun story. It wasn't her fault if that helps. The Shadow's not kind to anyone."

"Maybe. I don't know. I guess I never really tried. I'm not involved in anything big that's going to happen, or at least I shouldn't be, so I just assumed I should stay put. I could try and learn how to do... something." She perks up again, "How do you start that kind of thing? Adventuring I mean? What do you do?"
@Averil

That does nothing to alleviate the faes confusion, "A... rock? Um. Ok. Was it a big rock?"

She nods, "I would be willing to tell, though it's not exactly a fun story. It wasn't her fault if that helps. The Shadow's not kind to anyone."

"Maybe. I don't know. I guess I never really tried. I'm not involved in anything big that's going to happen, or at least I shouldn't be, so I just assumed I should stay put. I could try and learn how to do... something." She perks up again, "How do you start that kind of thing? Adventuring I mean? What do you do?"
HzGpUHb.png
(( thread is not dead! ))
(( thread is not dead! ))
HzGpUHb.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26