Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auctions: Bidding
1 2
I'm still sort of new to FR, but it kind of irks me that we are not able to put dragons up for bidding. So here's my suggestion:

Open a new section in the Auction House, name it Bids or whatever.
Now, why would you even sell dragons normally if you can have them bid on?

Well, there would be a limit of how many Dragons you can put up for bidding at a time. This would both keep it from being completely flooded, and also make the sellers contemplate more carefully which dragons to offer, upping the 'quality' of sold dragons in this section a bundle.

Since there is no option to withdraw dragons from the AH atm anyhow, the common issue of people deleting an auction before it runs out if the price is not to their liking is out of the window right away.

Plus, I know I'm not the only one enjoying a nice bid-hunt every now and again. There's just no joy like winning a close fight over a precious item last second.
I'm still sort of new to FR, but it kind of irks me that we are not able to put dragons up for bidding. So here's my suggestion:

Open a new section in the Auction House, name it Bids or whatever.
Now, why would you even sell dragons normally if you can have them bid on?

Well, there would be a limit of how many Dragons you can put up for bidding at a time. This would both keep it from being completely flooded, and also make the sellers contemplate more carefully which dragons to offer, upping the 'quality' of sold dragons in this section a bundle.

Since there is no option to withdraw dragons from the AH atm anyhow, the common issue of people deleting an auction before it runs out if the price is not to their liking is out of the window right away.

Plus, I know I'm not the only one enjoying a nice bid-hunt every now and again. There's just no joy like winning a close fight over a precious item last second.
@Merperson

Support for the option of bidding however I doubt it will do much for the majority of dragon prices as the dragon market is over saturated. It's likely the only dragons that really would do well at auction are the ones that already get auctioned in the forums (Good colored G1, Old IDs, rare dragons, etc). Items should also be allowed to be auctioned. In both cases if a player chooses to list something for auction instead of the straight buy it is now there should be an option for the seller to also list a Buy it Now price.

It's actually quite easy to withdraw dragons from the AH. All you do is go to My Activity in the Activity tab of the AH and hit cancel that cancels the auction. I do it all the time. I list my dragons for 7 days and if they haven't sold by the time they attain their adult image I cancel the auction and level/exalt the dragon.
@Merperson

Support for the option of bidding however I doubt it will do much for the majority of dragon prices as the dragon market is over saturated. It's likely the only dragons that really would do well at auction are the ones that already get auctioned in the forums (Good colored G1, Old IDs, rare dragons, etc). Items should also be allowed to be auctioned. In both cases if a player chooses to list something for auction instead of the straight buy it is now there should be an option for the seller to also list a Buy it Now price.

It's actually quite easy to withdraw dragons from the AH. All you do is go to My Activity in the Activity tab of the AH and hit cancel that cancels the auction. I do it all the time. I list my dragons for 7 days and if they haven't sold by the time they attain their adult image I cancel the auction and level/exalt the dragon.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I would really love an actual auction block, both for dragons and items. I don't really think there needs to be a limit on how many dragons/items can be put up, 'quality' is in the eye of the beholder. Some people don't value first generation dragons as anything more than other triple basic dragons, but others will pay millions for them. So I support a version that has no quantity limits. c:
I would really love an actual auction block, both for dragons and items. I don't really think there needs to be a limit on how many dragons/items can be put up, 'quality' is in the eye of the beholder. Some people don't value first generation dragons as anything more than other triple basic dragons, but others will pay millions for them. So I support a version that has no quantity limits. c:
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
I actually dislike when a user bids on an item at the last second. Specially if the user who bidded on it really needed the item, dragon ect. So I actually like the buy now the way it is. Also it is annoying when you try to get an item, dragon, ect you need and some user goes and takes the them away from you at the last second.
I actually dislike when a user bids on an item at the last second. Specially if the user who bidded on it really needed the item, dragon ect. So I actually like the buy now the way it is. Also it is annoying when you try to get an item, dragon, ect you need and some user goes and takes the them away from you at the last second.
@DragonSage Huh, I did not know that! Well, I did mention that I'm still sorta new around these parts, so still learning. Thanks for pointing it out! However, I think for Auctioning the seller should not be allowed to withdraw their wares as soon as the first bit was placed.
@DragonSage Huh, I did not know that! Well, I did mention that I'm still sorta new around these parts, so still learning. Thanks for pointing it out! However, I think for Auctioning the seller should not be allowed to withdraw their wares as soon as the first bit was placed.
@Confectionary Well, the limit was not only to filter fodder from actual sales. The market i so full, browsing the majority of the content is impossible, unless you have hours upon hours to waste. By limiting the amount of items per person you would effectively make it easier to window-shop, so to speak. I don't know for how many users I can speak here, but I adore just browsing the shop without filters, stumbling over beautiful dragons I would have never thought of to search for.
@Confectionary Well, the limit was not only to filter fodder from actual sales. The market i so full, browsing the majority of the content is impossible, unless you have hours upon hours to waste. By limiting the amount of items per person you would effectively make it easier to window-shop, so to speak. I don't know for how many users I can speak here, but I adore just browsing the shop without filters, stumbling over beautiful dragons I would have never thought of to search for.
@Snapetatron Normal auctioning would still be a thing, you would not be forced to partake in bidding. If that's not for you, you can always just stick to the AH as it is!
@Snapetatron Normal auctioning would still be a thing, you would not be forced to partake in bidding. If that's not for you, you can always just stick to the AH as it is!
@Merperson I disagree. There is always the chance that they mispriced it and they noticed it just after they hit accept and in the time it takes them to get to the correct tab to cancel the auction someone already placed a bid. I could possibly support preventing cancelling by the seller in the last 6 hours of an auction but that's about it.
@Merperson I disagree. There is always the chance that they mispriced it and they noticed it just after they hit accept and in the time it takes them to get to the correct tab to cancel the auction someone already placed a bid. I could possibly support preventing cancelling by the seller in the last 6 hours of an auction but that's about it.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage I dunno. I feel like it's your own responsibility to make sure the price you pay/offer is correct. May just be me being overly dickish.
@DragonSage I dunno. I feel like it's your own responsibility to make sure the price you pay/offer is correct. May just be me being overly dickish.
@Snapetatron Hope you don't mind me pinging you, just wanted to point out that (I think) this suggestion isn't to remove how the AH currently works, but to add to it, sort of like how Gaia handles player sales. [img]http://i.imgur.com/Skk0ib6.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/9FfCBVT.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/4Ts5ZJi.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/BT4vBBT.png[/img] Would the Gaia way still be something you are against as well? Edit: Whoops got pinged in the meantime hehe. @Merperson Again it goes back to the point of 'eye of the beholder,' in that you might find Skydancers gorgeous and want to see all of the Skydancers on the AH, but someone else might think they are only for fodder and would never every consider buying one. Neither of you is right or wrong, it's just what you prefer. The filters are there so that everyone can find things that fit their personal preferences. c:
@Snapetatron Hope you don't mind me pinging you, just wanted to point out that (I think) this suggestion isn't to remove how the AH currently works, but to add to it, sort of like how Gaia handles player sales.

Skk0ib6.png
9FfCBVT.png
4Ts5ZJi.png
BT4vBBT.png

Would the Gaia way still be something you are against as well?

Edit: Whoops got pinged in the meantime hehe.
@Merperson Again it goes back to the point of 'eye of the beholder,' in that you might find Skydancers gorgeous and want to see all of the Skydancers on the AH, but someone else might think they are only for fodder and would never every consider buying one. Neither of you is right or wrong, it's just what you prefer. The filters are there so that everyone can find things that fit their personal preferences. c:
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
1 2