Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | After the Storm – Nuzlocke story
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33 34
@ArgenteaMoon It might have been on my own thread, lol- no worries xD I haven't been too terribly active on this site anyways, since my browser was wonking out and kept messing up the site xD
@ArgenteaMoon It might have been on my own thread, lol- no worries xD I haven't been too terribly active on this site anyways, since my browser was wonking out and kept messing up the site xD
Nuzlocke
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif

Irrevocably hers.
@Caeoltoiri hmm ym okay :3
@Caeoltoiri hmm ym okay :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 @Katerrn @seerofmind @Caeoltoiri
Short update, but I'm super proud of it! Also, I'm done finally with my course for several weeks, so I'll be able to post a bunch of updates unless some other fun thing shows up :3

Entry 37
The little dragon halted the moment he saw Tenora. He gave a squeak and tried to hide behind Dorian's leg, but the Imperial scooped him up instead.

“Coran, I understand that sometimes these things may be a little unclear to you, but it's important that you realise that Lady Tenora was not trying to eat you,” Dorian stated calmly.

The little Nocturne stared up at the clan leader, and then nodded slowly. “Okay!” he said.

Dorian's eyebrows gave a slight motion inwards, but the expression vanished again before a second had passed. “You understand that she did not wish to eat you?”

“Sure!” Coran said.

“Kiraza was of the impression that you believed that Tenora wanted to eat you,” Dorian said, “did you tell her that?”

The red and blue Nocturne blinked several times. Then he nodded.

“But you now accept that she did not try to?”

Coran nodded again. “You said she didn't!”

Dorian looked down at the Nocturne, apparently bemused. Then he carefully placed the little dragon and his eggs carefully on the ground. “Very well,” he said.

Kiraza moved over to her mate, with a rather annoyed look on her face. “Why'd you tell me she tried to eat you if she didn't?” the Spiral hissed.

Coran turned his head to one side, looking rather confused. Then he just shrugged.

Before Kiraza could get herself wound up, like she looked like she wanted to, Dorian suddenly spoke.

“These are the first eggs to be born to the Clan of Dusk and Dawn since the storm,” the Imperial stated, with a grand gesture. “They are the first of a new generation, one that will not have experienced the tempest that tore apart so many lives. They are the proof that hope endures despite trouble, a lit beacon in these dark times. They show us that in time, every loss that we have faced will be repaid. No matter what shadows gather at our borders, no matter what clouds cover the sky, we will stand against the darkness and fight the tempest. Light in Shadow – ”

“Shadow in Light,” Tenora said, finishing the old motto of the clan.

“Indeed.” Dorian turned his golden eyes to her purple ones. “Dusk, and Dawn.”
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair @Nihilo @Digimon11 @Katerrn @seerofmind @Caeoltoiri
Short update, but I'm super proud of it! Also, I'm done finally with my course for several weeks, so I'll be able to post a bunch of updates unless some other fun thing shows up :3

Entry 37
The little dragon halted the moment he saw Tenora. He gave a squeak and tried to hide behind Dorian's leg, but the Imperial scooped him up instead.

“Coran, I understand that sometimes these things may be a little unclear to you, but it's important that you realise that Lady Tenora was not trying to eat you,” Dorian stated calmly.

The little Nocturne stared up at the clan leader, and then nodded slowly. “Okay!” he said.

Dorian's eyebrows gave a slight motion inwards, but the expression vanished again before a second had passed. “You understand that she did not wish to eat you?”

“Sure!” Coran said.

“Kiraza was of the impression that you believed that Tenora wanted to eat you,” Dorian said, “did you tell her that?”

The red and blue Nocturne blinked several times. Then he nodded.

“But you now accept that she did not try to?”

Coran nodded again. “You said she didn't!”

Dorian looked down at the Nocturne, apparently bemused. Then he carefully placed the little dragon and his eggs carefully on the ground. “Very well,” he said.

Kiraza moved over to her mate, with a rather annoyed look on her face. “Why'd you tell me she tried to eat you if she didn't?” the Spiral hissed.

Coran turned his head to one side, looking rather confused. Then he just shrugged.

Before Kiraza could get herself wound up, like she looked like she wanted to, Dorian suddenly spoke.

“These are the first eggs to be born to the Clan of Dusk and Dawn since the storm,” the Imperial stated, with a grand gesture. “They are the first of a new generation, one that will not have experienced the tempest that tore apart so many lives. They are the proof that hope endures despite trouble, a lit beacon in these dark times. They show us that in time, every loss that we have faced will be repaid. No matter what shadows gather at our borders, no matter what clouds cover the sky, we will stand against the darkness and fight the tempest. Light in Shadow – ”

“Shadow in Light,” Tenora said, finishing the old motto of the clan.

“Indeed.” Dorian turned his golden eyes to her purple ones. “Dusk, and Dawn.”
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

:) nice update and looking forward to more :)
@ArgenteaMoon

:) nice update and looking forward to more :)
zyvrj7C.png
@Katerrn Thanks! and I hope I post more updates too!
@Katerrn Thanks! and I hope I post more updates too!
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

"I solemnly swear she did not try to eat me."

Also hooray for holidays mine's almost gone omg where did it fly to
@ArgenteaMoon

"I solemnly swear she did not try to eat me."

Also hooray for holidays mine's almost gone omg where did it fly to
Untitled-1.png140ebfe390e20e35991f0519b6cf34b982f6398e.png
@Sellenair hehehehe
@Sellenair hehehehe
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon EGGS! Aaaand also, this is what being all caught up feels like! *does a dance*
@ArgenteaMoon EGGS! Aaaand also, this is what being all caught up feels like! *does a dance*
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
@LagMonster hahaha yes! and congratulations for finally getting on top of the pile :3
@LagMonster hahaha yes! and congratulations for finally getting on top of the pile :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
this took me a looooong time to get on with, despite the fact I knew exactly what needed to happen in it and I wrote it in like less than two hours in total when I eventually did.
Also I am shaking with excitement to finally post this update, haha, it's taken me months to actually get to this point, everything else has been written around it :33333

Entry 38
Scrambling over the crumbling terrain, Marl and Cater followed Jiira's far more graceful steps. Somehow, the green female always knew where to put her feet to avoid the entire slope slipping away beneath her, while they constantly had to deal with the possibility of an avalanche.

Cresting the rise, she turned around to look back down to them, and to wave to the others who remained below. “Come on, guys!” she called, and vanished over the top.

Marl puffed up after her, the Tundra healer a step behind. As he reached the top, Marl turned to watch his friend struggle to do the same. “You could fly, you know,” he suggested, but for some reason Cater just rolled his eyes, and kept climbing.

Glancing down to where Jiira was waiting, Marl saw the pile of fur she was bouncing around curiously. It looked rather skinny, with smaller wings than Marl had ever seen on a Tundra of that size. He wasn't even sure it was alive, he couldn't even see it breathing from here.

The two males tried not to skid down the slope, but Cater, in his rush to get to the patient, let loose a significant portion of the hillside, although fortunately none of it ended up falling on the dragons below. Jiira gave him a slightly exasperated look, but said nothing.

The Tundra was breathing. It was a female, and she wasn't alone, huddled under her form was a Pearlcatcher hatchling, which seemed to be in a similar state.

“What's wrong with them?” Jiira asked, sticking her face into Cater's way as he examined the two dragons.

“Dehydration,” said the dust-coloured Tundra, “I think so anyway. Marl – no, actually – Jiira. Can you go ask the others for a good quantity of water? And some food for when these two wake up.”

“Sure!” Jiira said, and in a moment she was gone, flowing up the slope and over the rise.

Cater let out a breath, and looked back down at the unconscious dragons with concern.

“What,” said Marl jokingly, “didn't you want to have to wait here with Jiira while I went to get the water?”

“No actually,” Cater said, apparently oblivious to – or ignoring – the joke. “I didn't want another rubble avalanche. Jiira's the only dragon I've ever seen to not slide around when trying to walk up a slope like that.”

“Yeah, what's up with that?” Marl wondered. “It's pretty cool.”

Cater merely shrugged and turned his attention back to his patients.

When Jiira returned, she offloaded a packet of leaves and several large waterskins, which Cater set about encouraging the unconscious dragons to drink, a trickle at a time.

“The others are coming too,” Jiira said. “but they're going around because Shianzar complained about going over the hill.” Jiira made a face that showed what she thought about the other Mirror's complaint.

“How do you do that?” Marl asked. “The rest of us can't get up a pile of rubble without losing our footing!”

“Yeah, I noticed!” Jiira laughed. “I dunno? It's really easy though!”

Marl sighed. “Yeah, but what do you do to not slip around?”

Jiira looked at him. “I put my feet in the right places,” she stated as if it was obvious.

“Yeah, but how do you – ” Marl was interrupted by the sudden appearance of the others coming around the curve of the hill.

“These are the dragons you found?” Derianda asked when she came close enough to see them.

“Yep!” said Jiira cheerfully.

Shianzar gave the unconscious dragons a rather scornful look, but said nothing, simply turning away to curl up around Marita. But the little blue Tundra was more curious than her parent, and she wriggled out of his grasp, and went over to sniff the new dragons, before Shianzar hoisted her away. “Who knows what diseases they have,” the Plague Mirror hissed, “don't touch them!”

“Apart from the dehydration and lack of food,” Cater told him, “they're in good health, remarkably.”

Shianzar just rolled his eyes at the healer and turned away with a closer grip on his child. Marl was pretty sure the little one was chewing on her parent's enclosing arms though, what with the noises the two of them were making.

Marl helped the others set up camp, but the strangers remained unconscious. Even after everyone else had eaten, and despite the amount of water Cater had fed into them, they showed no sign of movement.

As the fire burned low, and the group began drifting off to sleep, the healer sat watching his patients with concern. Marl rolled over and curled up, content in himself to see what tomorrow would bring.

Marl was woken from his slumber by a yell, and opened his eyes reluctantly to see Cater comforting Kit's shaking form. She was crying, tears rolling from her cobalt eyes and staining the dust beneath her.

It took several minutes before she was willing to talk. By then everyone but the unconscious strangers was awake, even Shianzar casting a grouchy crimson eye over the proceedings.

Kit turned to look at Cater, fear and alarm showing clearly on her elegant face. “K-Kiraza,” she stuttered, “Kiraza is in danger! We have to get back quickly! If we don't, I – I think – I think she'll die.”
this took me a looooong time to get on with, despite the fact I knew exactly what needed to happen in it and I wrote it in like less than two hours in total when I eventually did.
Also I am shaking with excitement to finally post this update, haha, it's taken me months to actually get to this point, everything else has been written around it :33333

Entry 38
Scrambling over the crumbling terrain, Marl and Cater followed Jiira's far more graceful steps. Somehow, the green female always knew where to put her feet to avoid the entire slope slipping away beneath her, while they constantly had to deal with the possibility of an avalanche.

Cresting the rise, she turned around to look back down to them, and to wave to the others who remained below. “Come on, guys!” she called, and vanished over the top.

Marl puffed up after her, the Tundra healer a step behind. As he reached the top, Marl turned to watch his friend struggle to do the same. “You could fly, you know,” he suggested, but for some reason Cater just rolled his eyes, and kept climbing.

Glancing down to where Jiira was waiting, Marl saw the pile of fur she was bouncing around curiously. It looked rather skinny, with smaller wings than Marl had ever seen on a Tundra of that size. He wasn't even sure it was alive, he couldn't even see it breathing from here.

The two males tried not to skid down the slope, but Cater, in his rush to get to the patient, let loose a significant portion of the hillside, although fortunately none of it ended up falling on the dragons below. Jiira gave him a slightly exasperated look, but said nothing.

The Tundra was breathing. It was a female, and she wasn't alone, huddled under her form was a Pearlcatcher hatchling, which seemed to be in a similar state.

“What's wrong with them?” Jiira asked, sticking her face into Cater's way as he examined the two dragons.

“Dehydration,” said the dust-coloured Tundra, “I think so anyway. Marl – no, actually – Jiira. Can you go ask the others for a good quantity of water? And some food for when these two wake up.”

“Sure!” Jiira said, and in a moment she was gone, flowing up the slope and over the rise.

Cater let out a breath, and looked back down at the unconscious dragons with concern.

“What,” said Marl jokingly, “didn't you want to have to wait here with Jiira while I went to get the water?”

“No actually,” Cater said, apparently oblivious to – or ignoring – the joke. “I didn't want another rubble avalanche. Jiira's the only dragon I've ever seen to not slide around when trying to walk up a slope like that.”

“Yeah, what's up with that?” Marl wondered. “It's pretty cool.”

Cater merely shrugged and turned his attention back to his patients.

When Jiira returned, she offloaded a packet of leaves and several large waterskins, which Cater set about encouraging the unconscious dragons to drink, a trickle at a time.

“The others are coming too,” Jiira said. “but they're going around because Shianzar complained about going over the hill.” Jiira made a face that showed what she thought about the other Mirror's complaint.

“How do you do that?” Marl asked. “The rest of us can't get up a pile of rubble without losing our footing!”

“Yeah, I noticed!” Jiira laughed. “I dunno? It's really easy though!”

Marl sighed. “Yeah, but what do you do to not slip around?”

Jiira looked at him. “I put my feet in the right places,” she stated as if it was obvious.

“Yeah, but how do you – ” Marl was interrupted by the sudden appearance of the others coming around the curve of the hill.

“These are the dragons you found?” Derianda asked when she came close enough to see them.

“Yep!” said Jiira cheerfully.

Shianzar gave the unconscious dragons a rather scornful look, but said nothing, simply turning away to curl up around Marita. But the little blue Tundra was more curious than her parent, and she wriggled out of his grasp, and went over to sniff the new dragons, before Shianzar hoisted her away. “Who knows what diseases they have,” the Plague Mirror hissed, “don't touch them!”

“Apart from the dehydration and lack of food,” Cater told him, “they're in good health, remarkably.”

Shianzar just rolled his eyes at the healer and turned away with a closer grip on his child. Marl was pretty sure the little one was chewing on her parent's enclosing arms though, what with the noises the two of them were making.

Marl helped the others set up camp, but the strangers remained unconscious. Even after everyone else had eaten, and despite the amount of water Cater had fed into them, they showed no sign of movement.

As the fire burned low, and the group began drifting off to sleep, the healer sat watching his patients with concern. Marl rolled over and curled up, content in himself to see what tomorrow would bring.

Marl was woken from his slumber by a yell, and opened his eyes reluctantly to see Cater comforting Kit's shaking form. She was crying, tears rolling from her cobalt eyes and staining the dust beneath her.

It took several minutes before she was willing to talk. By then everyone but the unconscious strangers was awake, even Shianzar casting a grouchy crimson eye over the proceedings.

Kit turned to look at Cater, fear and alarm showing clearly on her elegant face. “K-Kiraza,” she stuttered, “Kiraza is in danger! We have to get back quickly! If we don't, I – I think – I think she'll die.”
Professional Grump

I live for memes
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33 34