Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | After the Storm – Nuzlocke story
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33 34
@LagMonster hehe yeah there's always just so much to say after a while! I still have at least four more character introductions to do during this plot arc/thingy

I've generally given up on simple coli-based updates, anyway, given that my story tends to bounce between one long weird period of the two protagonists being separated to the next one, and I hate to get a coli team I managed to set up badly just because the characters are physically in the wrong place. Ever since I decided to merge the two groups, I stopped caring about active coli things so much. Kiraza's death has been left that way because it happened before I actually had gotten to the bit where the two stories converged.
@LagMonster hehe yeah there's always just so much to say after a while! I still have at least four more character introductions to do during this plot arc/thingy

I've generally given up on simple coli-based updates, anyway, given that my story tends to bounce between one long weird period of the two protagonists being separated to the next one, and I hate to get a coli team I managed to set up badly just because the characters are physically in the wrong place. Ever since I decided to merge the two groups, I stopped caring about active coli things so much. Kiraza's death has been left that way because it happened before I actually had gotten to the bit where the two stories converged.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon Yeah, the coliseum is more of a background to my story by now, mostly just appearing when I spam familiars that have been gained, or when someone ends up dying. But it's also one of my main sources of income, so. XD It happens. And I do really enjoy leveling up my dragons. But as a story point? Yeah, it's kinda fallen by the wayside since the clan has become large enough to have other sort of character growth and things occuring.
@ArgenteaMoon Yeah, the coliseum is more of a background to my story by now, mostly just appearing when I spam familiars that have been gained, or when someone ends up dying. But it's also one of my main sources of income, so. XD It happens. And I do really enjoy leveling up my dragons. But as a story point? Yeah, it's kinda fallen by the wayside since the clan has become large enough to have other sort of character growth and things occuring.
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
@LagMonster I feel like deaths in future should be attributed more to things other than coli monsters in future? like maybe people are gonna die due to other means in-story. Maybe even one of those good old fashioned death rolls if I ever see a particular need to have a big war or something lol ...
@LagMonster I feel like deaths in future should be attributed more to things other than coli monsters in future? like maybe people are gonna die due to other means in-story. Maybe even one of those good old fashioned death rolls if I ever see a particular need to have a big war or something lol ...
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon For myself, I'll have to consider that when another death comes up. I've got an opening in my story for deaths to be attributed to beastclan raids, but also, I'm kind of hoping no one dies anymore. XD I have plenty of story material to throw at them that having one of their faces suddenly vanish, regardless of who it is, can really throw a wrench into things. Especially since losing a clan member tends to cause some of my surviving members to then go through some sort of change...

Nest deaths, though. Those will likely always just be attributed to the hatchling never making it out the egg. I have little to know desire to try and play with a scenario where "Yeah, sure it looks like the hatchling makes it but then something happens..."

Just...

I don't need to put Garr through that. Or myself. Or any of the nests' parents. Those ones are pretty straight forward. "Egg was bad, no hatchling came of it. Close chapter."

Haha yeah but now I just need to breed more of my dragons, right. Seriously, though. I can't just mash 'em together. I've gotta wait for them to tell me when/if they chose a mate and want a nest. :I I think there's a couple of pairs blooming on the horizon? But they've got so many other things to focus on right now, no one who isn't Gilda wasn't to raise hatchlings atm...

With your story, though, yeah, there's so many other dangers that could come up at them and take dragons out. Definitely gives it more versatility for you to use when deaths come about! But still, would prefer not to have dragons die.
@ArgenteaMoon For myself, I'll have to consider that when another death comes up. I've got an opening in my story for deaths to be attributed to beastclan raids, but also, I'm kind of hoping no one dies anymore. XD I have plenty of story material to throw at them that having one of their faces suddenly vanish, regardless of who it is, can really throw a wrench into things. Especially since losing a clan member tends to cause some of my surviving members to then go through some sort of change...

Nest deaths, though. Those will likely always just be attributed to the hatchling never making it out the egg. I have little to know desire to try and play with a scenario where "Yeah, sure it looks like the hatchling makes it but then something happens..."

Just...

I don't need to put Garr through that. Or myself. Or any of the nests' parents. Those ones are pretty straight forward. "Egg was bad, no hatchling came of it. Close chapter."

Haha yeah but now I just need to breed more of my dragons, right. Seriously, though. I can't just mash 'em together. I've gotta wait for them to tell me when/if they chose a mate and want a nest. :I I think there's a couple of pairs blooming on the horizon? But they've got so many other things to focus on right now, no one who isn't Gilda wasn't to raise hatchlings atm...

With your story, though, yeah, there's so many other dangers that could come up at them and take dragons out. Definitely gives it more versatility for you to use when deaths come about! But still, would prefer not to have dragons die.
@LagMonster yeah haha the whole "death roll" thing is for the occasion when I have no idea what to do next at all ever, it's like the Nuzlocke version of Chandler's Law (when in doubt have someone burst into the room with a gun), if in doubt kill somebody.

And yeah the mating thing haha that's an issue. Coran and Kiraza was initially because I didn't want to lose 300k from the spiral scroll, but when I thought of it I realised how much of a perfect pair they made, character-wise, so then I absolutely had to do it. Other than that, I have to sit and wait, and wrangle characters towards one another - the trouble is I'm Ace, so since my characters are all founded in my own range of personalities, I tend to find trying to write even romance a task. But how do children without it? Can't, so gotta practice. I have a few ideas, though, some of which are beginning to get foreshadowed, and some of which are finally getting rolling.
@LagMonster yeah haha the whole "death roll" thing is for the occasion when I have no idea what to do next at all ever, it's like the Nuzlocke version of Chandler's Law (when in doubt have someone burst into the room with a gun), if in doubt kill somebody.

And yeah the mating thing haha that's an issue. Coran and Kiraza was initially because I didn't want to lose 300k from the spiral scroll, but when I thought of it I realised how much of a perfect pair they made, character-wise, so then I absolutely had to do it. Other than that, I have to sit and wait, and wrangle characters towards one another - the trouble is I'm Ace, so since my characters are all founded in my own range of personalities, I tend to find trying to write even romance a task. But how do children without it? Can't, so gotta practice. I have a few ideas, though, some of which are beginning to get foreshadowed, and some of which are finally getting rolling.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon I think writing romance can be odd for people even who aren't ace. XD I mean, just look at romance movies. Or shoot, look at action movies. I don't know if you have it the same problem in Australia *You're Australian, right? Hope I'm not getting you and Kizmetto mixed up, but I'm under the impression that you're both from Australia* but, like, all of our movies have some sort of 'forced in your face' romance thrown into them. And it's maddening for me, personally. I may not be ace, but I'm constantly throwing my hands up in the air and shouting "Why can't these people JUST BE FRIENDS for crying out loud???" but we're so used to it with our media going "This is the guy, and this is the girl, and now clearly they shall bang" without even a thought of the emotion behind it so...

Meh.

TL/DR- Writing romance is a thing everyone has to develop, just like any other character trait or personality, so you're on even ground with the rest of us, really. XD
@ArgenteaMoon I think writing romance can be odd for people even who aren't ace. XD I mean, just look at romance movies. Or shoot, look at action movies. I don't know if you have it the same problem in Australia *You're Australian, right? Hope I'm not getting you and Kizmetto mixed up, but I'm under the impression that you're both from Australia* but, like, all of our movies have some sort of 'forced in your face' romance thrown into them. And it's maddening for me, personally. I may not be ace, but I'm constantly throwing my hands up in the air and shouting "Why can't these people JUST BE FRIENDS for crying out loud???" but we're so used to it with our media going "This is the guy, and this is the girl, and now clearly they shall bang" without even a thought of the emotion behind it so...

Meh.

TL/DR- Writing romance is a thing everyone has to develop, just like any other character trait or personality, so you're on even ground with the rest of us, really. XD
@LagMonster
one, yes I'm an Australian
two, wait, KIZMETTO IS ALSO AN AUSTRALIAN???
three, we get a lot of American movies and other nonsense here so I do know what you're talking about (I'm not really fond of Australian-based film media anyway it's kind of not very good). The only (not written for kids) movie I have found that doesn't just chuck romance at you for no reason is Pacific Rim (also known as my favourite movie ever), although now I think of it, there are other movies it's just mad annoying to try and find them.

Man I could talk to you FOREVER about how romance/relationships are dumb and boring if there's no reason for the two people to want to be together, but I'm pretty sure I'd end up throwing you a spoiler, and I already ruined one of my reader's impressions of how well I'd written a thing when I accidentally told my sister Kiraza was gonna die. So I guess not.

overall, I do get the feeling most people have trouble writing romance, but I thought that was just people having to learn how to write a thing, like you said. Everyone else knows where the thing comes from though. I barely understand romantic attraction, let alone the more regular kind.
@LagMonster
one, yes I'm an Australian
two, wait, KIZMETTO IS ALSO AN AUSTRALIAN???
three, we get a lot of American movies and other nonsense here so I do know what you're talking about (I'm not really fond of Australian-based film media anyway it's kind of not very good). The only (not written for kids) movie I have found that doesn't just chuck romance at you for no reason is Pacific Rim (also known as my favourite movie ever), although now I think of it, there are other movies it's just mad annoying to try and find them.

Man I could talk to you FOREVER about how romance/relationships are dumb and boring if there's no reason for the two people to want to be together, but I'm pretty sure I'd end up throwing you a spoiler, and I already ruined one of my reader's impressions of how well I'd written a thing when I accidentally told my sister Kiraza was gonna die. So I guess not.

overall, I do get the feeling most people have trouble writing romance, but I thought that was just people having to learn how to write a thing, like you said. Everyone else knows where the thing comes from though. I barely understand romantic attraction, let alone the more regular kind.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon Prrrrreeeeetty sure Kizmetto is Australian, but I could certainly be wrong and just be getting you two mixed up for some reason. XD Hey @Kizmetto, you're Australian, right? I'm not just getting everyone all mixed up in my head?

But yeah, I'm not certain if I've ever had a situation comparable to trying to write for romantic couples from an aro/ace mindset. But really, if you can just make their general friendship feel natural and warranted, anything more you try to mush them together for will at least come across as more understandable to us readers. I belieeeeeeve in you! Practice makes better for pretty much any experience. XD
@ArgenteaMoon Prrrrreeeeetty sure Kizmetto is Australian, but I could certainly be wrong and just be getting you two mixed up for some reason. XD Hey @Kizmetto, you're Australian, right? I'm not just getting everyone all mixed up in my head?

But yeah, I'm not certain if I've ever had a situation comparable to trying to write for romantic couples from an aro/ace mindset. But really, if you can just make their general friendship feel natural and warranted, anything more you try to mush them together for will at least come across as more understandable to us readers. I belieeeeeeve in you! Practice makes better for pretty much any experience. XD
-zooms in-

@argenteamoon @lagmonster

Why yes i am australian
and yes our movie industry sucks
and forced romancism is so cliche these days *heavy sigh*

but like
dragons can be so much more easier to represent and be accepting of other natures
i had poly-amorous dragons in my story but didn't bring to much light to it due to the nature of this website but it was interesting to write about the conflicts...which i then altered in the story to reflect their personalities better. points if you can remember which trio i might be referring to!
-zooms in-

@argenteamoon @lagmonster

Why yes i am australian
and yes our movie industry sucks
and forced romancism is so cliche these days *heavy sigh*

but like
dragons can be so much more easier to represent and be accepting of other natures
i had poly-amorous dragons in my story but didn't bring to much light to it due to the nature of this website but it was interesting to write about the conflicts...which i then altered in the story to reflect their personalities better. points if you can remember which trio i might be referring to!
@Kizmetto Oh good. I'm not just getting people mixed up!

Without going back and reading, I've got two guesses that come to mind, but I'm not sure by how much you 'altered in the story' so... XD Regardless, I don't have enough confidence in either of my guesses to make them without going back and reading through some chapters again, first.

Okay. Nooooot gonna completely de-rail @ArgenteaMoon's thread for random talk about all kinds of dragon relationships, regardless of how much I want to. XD We've got at least two OOC Nuzlocke threads floating around for that *and I have them both bookmarked*, so. Yeah.

Am going to go back to bed. Got no sleep.

Looking forward to next updates from you both!
@Kizmetto Oh good. I'm not just getting people mixed up!

Without going back and reading, I've got two guesses that come to mind, but I'm not sure by how much you 'altered in the story' so... XD Regardless, I don't have enough confidence in either of my guesses to make them without going back and reading through some chapters again, first.

Okay. Nooooot gonna completely de-rail @ArgenteaMoon's thread for random talk about all kinds of dragon relationships, regardless of how much I want to. XD We've got at least two OOC Nuzlocke threads floating around for that *and I have them both bookmarked*, so. Yeah.

Am going to go back to bed. Got no sleep.

Looking forward to next updates from you both!
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33 34