Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Rebalance
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Yeah, that's possible too. With an increased level, the venues might have to be changed anyways.

...Which would make Kelp Beds and Golem Workshop even harder to exalt fodder in anyways, hah.

It's a good idea though, even if they just want to use it cosmetically.

Edit: I added another thing in the OP where instead of changing venue levels for leveling, adding an option to temporarily increase highest tier venue (currently Workshop) level to match your team's average level... At least until more venues are added.
Yeah, that's possible too. With an increased level, the venues might have to be changed anyways.

...Which would make Kelp Beds and Golem Workshop even harder to exalt fodder in anyways, hah.

It's a good idea though, even if they just want to use it cosmetically.

Edit: I added another thing in the OP where instead of changing venue levels for leveling, adding an option to temporarily increase highest tier venue (currently Workshop) level to match your team's average level... At least until more venues are added.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
Another thought. The guard ability should generate a small amount of breath--one of the biggest issues with my tank is breath generation. If stat boosting mvoes generate breath--why not guard?
Another thought. The guard ability should generate a small amount of breath--one of the biggest issues with my tank is breath generation. If stat boosting mvoes generate breath--why not guard?
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support this! I think this would help everyone out very much.
Support this! I think this would help everyone out very much.
4wPbTeZ.jpgSyCN2na.pngaM4Qu0f.gifOFrfPUV.pngSN6WNSw.png
Another tanky augment stone would be nice
Sentinel: +5 Defence, +3 Vitality and +1 Quickness (or Mind)

I'd probably use a combination of Sentinel and Soldier on my tank

I like some of the suggestion. More battlestones, and increasing the strength of the magic battlestones in particular :) I have a lot of mages who could make use of this ^.^

Making more stones that support other builds would be brilliant. I know eventually they plan to make agility more linked to dodge... or at least that's what I took from a WotW a while ago. ^.^

I would never support nerfing the existing battlestones, however, especially the more expensive ones like Ambush, etc. It really would be the biggest blow to come to a lot of players and farmers of the coli. I know I've put a lot of time into making my dragons, and this would make the game much less enjoyable for me.
I like some of the suggestion. More battlestones, and increasing the strength of the magic battlestones in particular :) I have a lot of mages who could make use of this ^.^

Making more stones that support other builds would be brilliant. I know eventually they plan to make agility more linked to dodge... or at least that's what I took from a WotW a while ago. ^.^

I would never support nerfing the existing battlestones, however, especially the more expensive ones like Ambush, etc. It really would be the biggest blow to come to a lot of players and farmers of the coli. I know I've put a lot of time into making my dragons, and this would make the game much less enjoyable for me.
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-06-11 18:49:23] Another thought. The guard ability should generate a small amount of breath--one of the biggest issues with my tank is breath generation. If stat boosting mvoes generate breath--why not guard? [/quote] That's another thought. I wonder why it doesn't in the first place, that's rather odd. [quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-06-12 02:21:17] Another tanky augment stone would be nice Sentinel: +5 Defence, +3 Vitality and +1 Quickness (or Mind) I'd probably use a combination of Sentinel and Soldier on my tank [/quote] I'll add that in there. I just thought of some stones that would be a decent start, I'll definitely take more suggestions though. @Zenelle I know a lot of people would be hit, myself included. I have at least 5 level 25s dragons, all with Ambush/Eliminate stones, and another dragon at level 20 currently in the process of being leveled. Given that I'm the one working on the thread and the ideas themselves, I'm a bit biased towards them, though. Lol. I know that Ambush is incredibly strong if left as is, just like Eliminate. But like DragonSage brought up, it'd be better to buff the elemental attacks than to nerf Eliminate to make them on par with each other. The idea is in there to help balance and bring out more variety in the Coliseum. I'm not sure what else to really do with Ambush if not nerf it. Keen Eye is a good start, and Glorious Keen Eye indirectly nerfs Ambush by countering it. Edit: I'd had a thought. Would it be okay if the nerf happened to Ambush, but it was a nerf applied only to PvP matches? I imagine that Ambush is fine as is for the purposes of grinding, but when I was thinking of ways to nerf it, I was thinking of PvP game health, hah.
DragonSage wrote on 2015-06-11:

That's another thought. I wonder why it doesn't in the first place, that's rather odd.
DragonSage wrote on 2015-06-12:

I'll add that in there. I just thought of some stones that would be a decent start, I'll definitely take more suggestions though.

@Zenelle
I know a lot of people would be hit, myself included. I have at least 5 level 25s dragons, all with Ambush/Eliminate stones, and another dragon at level 20 currently in the process of being leveled.

Given that I'm the one working on the thread and the ideas themselves, I'm a bit biased towards them, though. Lol.

I know that Ambush is incredibly strong if left as is, just like Eliminate. But like DragonSage brought up, it'd be better to buff the elemental attacks than to nerf Eliminate to make them on par with each other. The idea is in there to help balance and bring out more variety in the Coliseum.

I'm not sure what else to really do with Ambush if not nerf it. Keen Eye is a good start, and Glorious Keen Eye indirectly nerfs Ambush by countering it.

Edit: I'd had a thought. Would it be okay if the nerf happened to Ambush, but it was a nerf applied only to PvP matches? I imagine that Ambush is fine as is for the purposes of grinding, but when I was thinking of ways to nerf it, I was thinking of PvP game health, hah.
@Varric

Tbh, I think a nerf for pvp would be beneficial to the game. I mean, to my understanding (I don't pvp personally), the one whose ambush activates first currently gets far too great an advantage. I could be wrong, however.
@Varric

Tbh, I think a nerf for pvp would be beneficial to the game. I mean, to my understanding (I don't pvp personally), the one whose ambush activates first currently gets far too great an advantage. I could be wrong, however.
@Zenelle

There doesn't seem to be a big enough population in PvP currently to worry about it, but that's why I wanted these changes. I would like to PvP, but Ambush and the long queue times looking for a partner make it a much less appealing currently.

Even just nerfing Ambush until more changes can come to the PvP side of the Coliseum would make other builds more appealing.

Either way, it takes forever to find a match because not many people pvp, and I tend to see the same people on that leaderboard a lot. So.
@Zenelle

There doesn't seem to be a big enough population in PvP currently to worry about it, but that's why I wanted these changes. I would like to PvP, but Ambush and the long queue times looking for a partner make it a much less appealing currently.

Even just nerfing Ambush until more changes can come to the PvP side of the Coliseum would make other builds more appealing.

Either way, it takes forever to find a match because not many people pvp, and I tend to see the same people on that leaderboard a lot. So.
Edit: The reason why the stat increasing moves boost breath but guard doesn't was the breath generation was a later addition and it may have just slipped everyone's notice or wasn't considered at the time.

Nerfing Ambush in PvP but not PvE may be a good compromise for Ambush. Possibly if there is ever a regular and hard mode in PvE it could be ambush is also nerfed in the hard mode but left as it currently is in the regular mode.
Edit: The reason why the stat increasing moves boost breath but guard doesn't was the breath generation was a later addition and it may have just slipped everyone's notice or wasn't considered at the time.

Nerfing Ambush in PvP but not PvE may be a good compromise for Ambush. Possibly if there is ever a regular and hard mode in PvE it could be ambush is also nerfed in the hard mode but left as it currently is in the regular mode.
Ohh a coliseum rebalance would be really lovely considering it was one of the things in the KickStarter that made me excited and at this point... it could really use some love.

It could also be nice to maybe rebalance the amount of exp needed for the different levels because at least for me it seems like you get a bit stuck at level 15 at the moment :/
Ohh a coliseum rebalance would be really lovely considering it was one of the things in the KickStarter that made me excited and at this point... it could really use some love.

It could also be nice to maybe rebalance the amount of exp needed for the different levels because at least for me it seems like you get a bit stuck at level 15 at the moment :/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11