Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Music Recommendations?
1 2 3 4 5
Go listen to RED.
Go listen to RED.
NBeoOgB.png
@Tea

Recently I've been listening to Hozier's Album. Also Johnnyswim. Both are a bit more mellow than what you've been listening too but the lyrics are amazing.
@Tea

Recently I've been listening to Hozier's Album. Also Johnnyswim. Both are a bit more mellow than what you've been listening too but the lyrics are amazing.
@Tea

kpop

I don't know if you've heard of kpop or not, or know what it is, but basically it's korean 'pop' music (really, it's just korean music in general)

I can talk about it for days and days seeing how i'm total kpop trash, but I'll try to keep it simple and just recommend a few groups xD

BTS/Bangtan Boys/Bangtan Sonyeondan
they're a group who's more on the hip hop side, and they're my ultimate favorite group, which is saying something bc i usually never have a favorite group, I usually just have a few favorites and that's about it but bts kind of changed that, haha.

they have five albums out, 2 Kool 4 Skool, O! RUL8, 2?, Skool Luv Affair (they also have a special limited edition repackaged version), Dark & Wild, and their latest called In The Mood for Love :)

they also have two shows out called Rookie King and American Hustle Life, and they also upload Bangtan Bombs of them basically just goofing around xD

all of their songs are amazing imo, i haven't heard one song that I haven't liked, haha. but some songs I would recommend would have to be danger, boy in luv, jump, we on, let me know, tomorrow, hold me tight, fun boys, and spine breaker.

Monsta X
Also another group who's on the hiphop side xD but yeah, they're my second favorite group, they're p amazing. they donly debuted this may 14th so they don't have a lot of stuff out yet, but what they do have out is amazing hhh.

the group was put together through a survival/elimination show called no.mercy, if you want to check that out. they also have a mini series (?) called deokspatch from before the group was formed, and now they're doing deokspatch x as the final group :')

they only have one album out (ofc) called Trespass

they only have eight songs out rn, so there's not much recommending i can do with such little selection, especially since all of their songs are great xD trespass, no exit, interstellar, and honestly are my personal favorites from them tho :')

Got7
got7 is also a pretty amazing group, all their songs are great and they're adorable hhh. they're definitely worth checking out xD

they have a show called iGot7 (i believe) as well as a Real Got7 (two complete seasons, they just started season 3 of it)

they have 3 albums out, Got It?, Got<3, and Identify

some songs I would recommend from them are A, girls girls girls, i like you, follow me, she's a monster, forever young, you got me, and like oh

(f)x
f(x) is by faaar my favorite girl group. the music they put out is amazing, and they honestly deserve a lot more recognition than they get. I don't know too much about them, I only discovered them a few weeks ago and I've only listened to two of their albums so far. but I'm way too obsessed with their two albums xD

some songs from them I'd recommend are red light, butterfly, kick, shadow, dracula and rum pum pum

vixx
vixx is the group that got me into kpop tbh xD they're all super talented and the music they put out never fails to amaze me, haha.

the albums they have out so far are Voodoo, Hyde (they also have a repackaged version called Jekyll with a few extra songs), Error, Super Hero, Rock Ur Body, On and On, Eternity, and Boys' Record.

some songs I'd recommend are voodoo doll, error, beautiful killer, light up the darkness, i don't want to be an idol, thank you for being born, from now on, you're mine, and say u, say me

there are tons more groups that i'd like to talk about, but i think this might be longer than i want it to be xD there are so many talented groups out there, but the groups i mentioned are my personal favorites at this moment.

some other groups that i'd recommend are definitely exo, super junior, block b, speed (so underrated oh my god), lunafly (also extremely underrated, not v popular but they should be), b.a.p, cnblue, jyj, tvxq, b1a4 (my obsession lately, they're amazing), 100%, infinite, SHINee, teen top, sistar, romeo, seventeen, topp dogg, madtown, big bang, and boyfriend.

some solo artists that are also extremely amazing are ailee, boa, amber, jaeejoong, g-dragon, t.o.p, taeyang, and jung joon young.

some other songs i'd recommend are her by block b, very good by block b, exodus by exo, hurt by exo, beautiful target by b1a4, ok by b1a4, mine by jaejoong, and butterfly by jaejoong

sorry for this hella long post, idk how i ended up saying so much xD
kpop is a totally amazing and wonderful genre of music, there's a lot of diversity to it (tho it seem rn that it's going through a major hip hop phase which im not complaining about)
it may seem a bit overwhelming at first, having all these groups being shoved at your face. literally, i've only gotten into it in march and i'm still a bit overwhelmed by all these different groups that i want to watch/listen to xD
but it's something that i'm p passionate about (as you can see) and it's seriously amazing.
though i will say, there are some cons to it, such as the artists not having a lot of...freedom, i guess? at least, that's the case for most artists, as well as some other problems that i'm hoping the industry can over come/get rid of in the future.

so yeah!! that's my music recommendation xD this is to anyone, really ~
if you like kpop, feel free to pm me bc honestly i rlly rlly like talking about kpop xD
@Tea

kpop

I don't know if you've heard of kpop or not, or know what it is, but basically it's korean 'pop' music (really, it's just korean music in general)

I can talk about it for days and days seeing how i'm total kpop trash, but I'll try to keep it simple and just recommend a few groups xD

BTS/Bangtan Boys/Bangtan Sonyeondan
they're a group who's more on the hip hop side, and they're my ultimate favorite group, which is saying something bc i usually never have a favorite group, I usually just have a few favorites and that's about it but bts kind of changed that, haha.

they have five albums out, 2 Kool 4 Skool, O! RUL8, 2?, Skool Luv Affair (they also have a special limited edition repackaged version), Dark & Wild, and their latest called In The Mood for Love :)

they also have two shows out called Rookie King and American Hustle Life, and they also upload Bangtan Bombs of them basically just goofing around xD

all of their songs are amazing imo, i haven't heard one song that I haven't liked, haha. but some songs I would recommend would have to be danger, boy in luv, jump, we on, let me know, tomorrow, hold me tight, fun boys, and spine breaker.

Monsta X
Also another group who's on the hiphop side xD but yeah, they're my second favorite group, they're p amazing. they donly debuted this may 14th so they don't have a lot of stuff out yet, but what they do have out is amazing hhh.

the group was put together through a survival/elimination show called no.mercy, if you want to check that out. they also have a mini series (?) called deokspatch from before the group was formed, and now they're doing deokspatch x as the final group :')

they only have one album out (ofc) called Trespass

they only have eight songs out rn, so there's not much recommending i can do with such little selection, especially since all of their songs are great xD trespass, no exit, interstellar, and honestly are my personal favorites from them tho :')

Got7
got7 is also a pretty amazing group, all their songs are great and they're adorable hhh. they're definitely worth checking out xD

they have a show called iGot7 (i believe) as well as a Real Got7 (two complete seasons, they just started season 3 of it)

they have 3 albums out, Got It?, Got<3, and Identify

some songs I would recommend from them are A, girls girls girls, i like you, follow me, she's a monster, forever young, you got me, and like oh

(f)x
f(x) is by faaar my favorite girl group. the music they put out is amazing, and they honestly deserve a lot more recognition than they get. I don't know too much about them, I only discovered them a few weeks ago and I've only listened to two of their albums so far. but I'm way too obsessed with their two albums xD

some songs from them I'd recommend are red light, butterfly, kick, shadow, dracula and rum pum pum

vixx
vixx is the group that got me into kpop tbh xD they're all super talented and the music they put out never fails to amaze me, haha.

the albums they have out so far are Voodoo, Hyde (they also have a repackaged version called Jekyll with a few extra songs), Error, Super Hero, Rock Ur Body, On and On, Eternity, and Boys' Record.

some songs I'd recommend are voodoo doll, error, beautiful killer, light up the darkness, i don't want to be an idol, thank you for being born, from now on, you're mine, and say u, say me

there are tons more groups that i'd like to talk about, but i think this might be longer than i want it to be xD there are so many talented groups out there, but the groups i mentioned are my personal favorites at this moment.

some other groups that i'd recommend are definitely exo, super junior, block b, speed (so underrated oh my god), lunafly (also extremely underrated, not v popular but they should be), b.a.p, cnblue, jyj, tvxq, b1a4 (my obsession lately, they're amazing), 100%, infinite, SHINee, teen top, sistar, romeo, seventeen, topp dogg, madtown, big bang, and boyfriend.

some solo artists that are also extremely amazing are ailee, boa, amber, jaeejoong, g-dragon, t.o.p, taeyang, and jung joon young.

some other songs i'd recommend are her by block b, very good by block b, exodus by exo, hurt by exo, beautiful target by b1a4, ok by b1a4, mine by jaejoong, and butterfly by jaejoong

sorry for this hella long post, idk how i ended up saying so much xD
kpop is a totally amazing and wonderful genre of music, there's a lot of diversity to it (tho it seem rn that it's going through a major hip hop phase which im not complaining about)
it may seem a bit overwhelming at first, having all these groups being shoved at your face. literally, i've only gotten into it in march and i'm still a bit overwhelmed by all these different groups that i want to watch/listen to xD
but it's something that i'm p passionate about (as you can see) and it's seriously amazing.
though i will say, there are some cons to it, such as the artists not having a lot of...freedom, i guess? at least, that's the case for most artists, as well as some other problems that i'm hoping the industry can over come/get rid of in the future.

so yeah!! that's my music recommendation xD this is to anyone, really ~
if you like kpop, feel free to pm me bc honestly i rlly rlly like talking about kpop xD
she/her
fr time
@tea

Try checking out Florence and the Machine's songs.
Or lorde's other songs. (Not including Team or Royals) They actually are nice.
If you are into crazy music, try Tally Hall or Mother Mother.
Songs from Florence (not all of them):
St Jude
Dog Days are Over
Shake it out
Try these 2 from Lorde:
White Teeth Teens
A World Alone
Mother Mother:
Chasing it down
Calm me down
Shout if you know
If you want, you can look up Studio Killers too.
@tea

Try checking out Florence and the Machine's songs.
Or lorde's other songs. (Not including Team or Royals) They actually are nice.
If you are into crazy music, try Tally Hall or Mother Mother.
Songs from Florence (not all of them):
St Jude
Dog Days are Over
Shake it out
Try these 2 from Lorde:
White Teeth Teens
A World Alone
Mother Mother:
Chasing it down
Calm me down
Shout if you know
If you want, you can look up Studio Killers too.
tumblr_inline_njw5itnLdZ1qg2i5p.giftumblr_inline_nn739bWSSZ1rbfe8q_500.gif
Oh oh oh I need to hop on this bandwagon!

I like a lot of the bands you mentioned sooo hopefully you'll like some of these:

La Dispute
The Killers
Marina and the Diamonds
Lana Del Rey
Two Door Cinema Club
The Wombats
Breathe Carolina
Mayday Parade
and my girl-crush Melanie Martinez
Oh oh oh I need to hop on this bandwagon!

I like a lot of the bands you mentioned sooo hopefully you'll like some of these:

La Dispute
The Killers
Marina and the Diamonds
Lana Del Rey
Two Door Cinema Club
The Wombats
Breathe Carolina
Mayday Parade
and my girl-crush Melanie Martinez
HA_Basic.png
@Tea
I know you're probably swapped with a lot of songs right now, but I'd love to give my input! ;w;

Into a Fantasy - Alexander Rybak
Hope of Morning - Icon for Hire
Believer - American Authors
Jesus Christ - Brand New
Fire Fire - Flyleaf
October - Broken Bells
Clash - Caravan Palace
Midnight - Coldplay
Heart-Shaped Box - Dead Sara
Yamaha - Delta Spirit
Bittersweet - Ellie Goulding
The Bad in Each Other - Feist
Coming Back Down - Hollywood Undead
Home - Gabrielle Aplin
King - Lauren Aquilina
Volatile Times - IMAX
Moondust - Jaymes Young
Stranger - Katie Costello
We Go Down - Krewella
In My Remains - Linkin Park
Still Alive - Lisa Miskovsky
The Sun Song - Michael Tolcher
Sky's Still Blue - Andrew Belle
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Salty Sweet - MS MR
Ghost - Mystery Skulls
Female Robbery - The Neighbourhood
King & Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
Run to You - Pentatonix
Running Up That Hill - Placebo
Partners in Crime - Set It Off
Mac N' Cheese - sssShawnnnn
My Demons - Starset
All Men Are Pigs - Studio Killers
Show Me Love - t.A.T.u
Irresistible - Temposhark
Evil has Never - Union of Knives
Sounds of Freedom - Within Temptation
Iron - Woodkid
World So Cold - 12 Stones
@Tea
I know you're probably swapped with a lot of songs right now, but I'd love to give my input! ;w;

Into a Fantasy - Alexander Rybak
Hope of Morning - Icon for Hire
Believer - American Authors
Jesus Christ - Brand New
Fire Fire - Flyleaf
October - Broken Bells
Clash - Caravan Palace
Midnight - Coldplay
Heart-Shaped Box - Dead Sara
Yamaha - Delta Spirit
Bittersweet - Ellie Goulding
The Bad in Each Other - Feist
Coming Back Down - Hollywood Undead
Home - Gabrielle Aplin
King - Lauren Aquilina
Volatile Times - IMAX
Moondust - Jaymes Young
Stranger - Katie Costello
We Go Down - Krewella
In My Remains - Linkin Park
Still Alive - Lisa Miskovsky
The Sun Song - Michael Tolcher
Sky's Still Blue - Andrew Belle
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Salty Sweet - MS MR
Ghost - Mystery Skulls
Female Robbery - The Neighbourhood
King & Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
Run to You - Pentatonix
Running Up That Hill - Placebo
Partners in Crime - Set It Off
Mac N' Cheese - sssShawnnnn
My Demons - Starset
All Men Are Pigs - Studio Killers
Show Me Love - t.A.T.u
Irresistible - Temposhark
Evil has Never - Union of Knives
Sounds of Freedom - Within Temptation
Iron - Woodkid
World So Cold - 12 Stones
I06KedT.gif
@Tea

HUGE fan of Florence + the Machine, and recommend them! Their new album came out yesterday. "Ship to Wreck" and "What Kind of Man" are both really catch from it. My favorite, though, is "Cosmic Love". (OMG I'm going to their concert next week!).

Also, Bastille is great. Your initial band listings make me think maaaaaaybe A.F.I. and/or Blaqk Audio might be something you could enjoy. Probably some of the later albums!
@Tea

HUGE fan of Florence + the Machine, and recommend them! Their new album came out yesterday. "Ship to Wreck" and "What Kind of Man" are both really catch from it. My favorite, though, is "Cosmic Love". (OMG I'm going to their concert next week!).

Also, Bastille is great. Your initial band listings make me think maaaaaaybe A.F.I. and/or Blaqk Audio might be something you could enjoy. Probably some of the later albums!
You'd probably like My Chemical Romance and Twenty One Pilots! Other recommendations include Coldplay, The Neighbourhood, Bastille, Neon Trees, and Train.
You'd probably like My Chemical Romance and Twenty One Pilots! Other recommendations include Coldplay, The Neighbourhood, Bastille, Neon Trees, and Train.
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
@Tea

Well this will be hard to keep short.

Shayfer James is one of my favorites! I rather enjoy Tiny Gods, Battle Cry, Devil Throw Roses, and finally Carnival in Harlem.

Aurelio Voltaire is another, however a decent amount of his songs I can't actually share here. Whoops. Have BRAINS!, I'm sorry, Beast of Pirates Bay

There's also The Cog is Dead, Alexander Rybak, Steam Powered Giraffe, and a few more~
@Tea

Well this will be hard to keep short.

Shayfer James is one of my favorites! I rather enjoy Tiny Gods, Battle Cry, Devil Throw Roses, and finally Carnival in Harlem.

Aurelio Voltaire is another, however a decent amount of his songs I can't actually share here. Whoops. Have BRAINS!, I'm sorry, Beast of Pirates Bay

There's also The Cog is Dead, Alexander Rybak, Steam Powered Giraffe, and a few more~
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif Fear not child, the Shadows will protect you.tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
I mainly listen to more heavy metal/ rock/ that kind of stuff, and seeing what do you like from your description, my tastes may not match yours very well.
BUT FOR THE HECK OF IT, I'LL NAME A FEW RANDOM BANDS I LIKE- I Prevail, Falling in Reverse, Of Mice and Men, Shinedown
Haha yeeeeeeeea...........
I mainly listen to more heavy metal/ rock/ that kind of stuff, and seeing what do you like from your description, my tastes may not match yours very well.
BUT FOR THE HECK OF IT, I'LL NAME A FEW RANDOM BANDS I LIKE- I Prevail, Falling in Reverse, Of Mice and Men, Shinedown
Haha yeeeeeeeea...........
UqN4jFQ.png
I have ADHD and Dyslexia. Please bear with me if I type weirdly. You can kindly ask me to rewrite something if you don't understand what I mean, no worries.
1 2 3 4 5