Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Toxic friends?
1 2 3 4
@DrValentina ,

It doesn't matter if you want to spare her feelings or not. Clearly she doesn't even bother about sparing yours. Toxic friends only get more toxic. I have had to drop a few in my time, even in the past year even.

Friends that I had been friends with for years and suddenly without warning they changed. You can't help that though, that isn't your fault.

You don't have to be rude about 'dropping her like a hot potato' all you need to do is to be honest with yourself and her. The most important thing in this situation is your health, if even talking to her depresses you send that one packing.
@DrValentina ,

It doesn't matter if you want to spare her feelings or not. Clearly she doesn't even bother about sparing yours. Toxic friends only get more toxic. I have had to drop a few in my time, even in the past year even.

Friends that I had been friends with for years and suddenly without warning they changed. You can't help that though, that isn't your fault.

You don't have to be rude about 'dropping her like a hot potato' all you need to do is to be honest with yourself and her. The most important thing in this situation is your health, if even talking to her depresses you send that one packing.
panda-monster-rainbow-vomit-banner.jpg
I've had a ton of friends like this. Severing the friendship isn't easy, but ultimately, it'll save you a lot of grief in the future. I chose to just abruptly stop talking to these friends one day, which probably wasn't the best method, but it did get the job done. Good luck, and remember that you deserve to have friends who appreciate you and make you feel good about yourself, too!
I've had a ton of friends like this. Severing the friendship isn't easy, but ultimately, it'll save you a lot of grief in the future. I chose to just abruptly stop talking to these friends one day, which probably wasn't the best method, but it did get the job done. Good luck, and remember that you deserve to have friends who appreciate you and make you feel good about yourself, too!
Is it just me alone or does anyone else feel bad reading all this talk about "toxic people"?
The way I see it, every person has a reason for behaving the way they do, whether it be a mental disorder, other personal issue or even a personality trait itself. I think it's kind of horrible to call someone toxic unless they do something really, really life wrecking, other than tell their friends how depressed or stressed they are. I think it's a friend's job to support their friend through thick and thin, and of course, it goes both ways.

But then again, it's just my opinion.
Is it just me alone or does anyone else feel bad reading all this talk about "toxic people"?
The way I see it, every person has a reason for behaving the way they do, whether it be a mental disorder, other personal issue or even a personality trait itself. I think it's kind of horrible to call someone toxic unless they do something really, really life wrecking, other than tell their friends how depressed or stressed they are. I think it's a friend's job to support their friend through thick and thin, and of course, it goes both ways.

But then again, it's just my opinion.
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
@rabidsamus

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Also, thank you for this, this really helped me! I'll definitely do this. <3
@rabidsamus

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Also, thank you for this, this really helped me! I'll definitely do this. <3
@Pandanii

She makes me REALLY depressed after I talk to her. I want friend who TREAT ME LIKE FRIENDS.

I think your plan is good and I am going to follow the advice of all of you! Thank you so much everyone! :) <3
@Pandanii

She makes me REALLY depressed after I talk to her. I want friend who TREAT ME LIKE FRIENDS.

I think your plan is good and I am going to follow the advice of all of you! Thank you so much everyone! :) <3
@DrValentina

Best of luck to you! <3
@DrValentina

Best of luck to you! <3
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
@rabidsamus

Thank you! :)
@rabidsamus

Thank you! :)
I would just not talk to her anymore. I think "I don't want to be your friend!" or "Lala, I'm not talking to you!" is a kind of childish way to approach things. If she's a toxic influence, just let her fall out of your life. She'll get the hint.
I would just not talk to her anymore. I think "I don't want to be your friend!" or "Lala, I'm not talking to you!" is a kind of childish way to approach things. If she's a toxic influence, just let her fall out of your life. She'll get the hint.
ouroboros_by_lavenderserenity-d96r3fi.png
@DrValentina
It's these kind of "friends" who messed with my head. If I were you, I would plain drop her, without worrying about her feelings. She has made you feel bad, has she? It's hard, but you don't need these kind of people.
I still have this kind of friend, making me feel offended whenever I would talk to her. And then she calls herself kind to everyone? -.-
At first I thought I was just susceptible, but I guess that girl is just rude.
I want to drop her, but I can't. For two reasons: She's part of my friend group, and these people are my only friends. And loneliness also hurts a lot.
@DrValentina
It's these kind of "friends" who messed with my head. If I were you, I would plain drop her, without worrying about her feelings. She has made you feel bad, has she? It's hard, but you don't need these kind of people.
I still have this kind of friend, making me feel offended whenever I would talk to her. And then she calls herself kind to everyone? -.-
At first I thought I was just susceptible, but I guess that girl is just rude.
I want to drop her, but I can't. For two reasons: She's part of my friend group, and these people are my only friends. And loneliness also hurts a lot.
Screen_Shot_2018-07-13_at_12.50.14_AM.png
@MrPuffin

Same here. Besides her, I only have one other friend, and loneliness hurts, it really does. That's why I talk to people online.
@MrPuffin

Same here. Besides her, I only have one other friend, and loneliness hurts, it really does. That's why I talk to people online.
1 2 3 4