Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Upcoming Registration Window May 18
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32 33
Goodbye servers!
Goodbye servers!
While I'm excited to not be a newbie anymore, there will be lag, and a lot of it. Fortunately, I don't think that many people will join this time. It's barely been a month since us newbies joined, and quite a lot of us did, so that probably means that we won't get too many newbies.
While I'm excited to not be a newbie anymore, there will be lag, and a lot of it. Fortunately, I don't think that many people will join this time. It's barely been a month since us newbies joined, and quite a lot of us did, so that probably means that we won't get too many newbies.
9XOxNGE.jpg Always up for some Mammertee Plushies :D
Another one so early?
Awesome!
I know a few of my friends who want to join now, so that's awesome 8D
Thanks FR!
Another one so early?
Awesome!
I know a few of my friends who want to join now, so that's awesome 8D
Thanks FR!
El oh el. Bring it on.
El oh el. Bring it on.
NPpR96f.png
Wow thats quick!
Wow thats quick!
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
Yaaay! Can't wait to get my friends on here.
Yaaay! Can't wait to get my friends on here.
I'm so pleased!! How do you have your friends point you as the referral for the free gems? is there a link you can give them to sign up, or do they have to input your name somewhere?
I'm so pleased!! How do you have your friends point you as the referral for the free gems? is there a link you can give them to sign up, or do they have to input your name somewhere?
oTVkboM.png
Already?

I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait a whole week or more for content. Newbies are nice enough, but ... something for the older players is also good.
Already?

I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait a whole week or more for content. Newbies are nice enough, but ... something for the older players is also good.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Wow, cool. Not that I don't love the newbs, but... this is pretty early. I don't know whether to be worried about the server, or be pleased that the admin think they can handle such a load (which would mean they're close to finishing site optimization).
Wow, cool. Not that I don't love the newbs, but... this is pretty early. I don't know whether to be worried about the server, or be pleased that the admin think they can handle such a load (which would mean they're close to finishing site optimization).

puffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuff

FR +9
For those who have expressed concerns for Greenskeeper in light of our recent registration window announcement, please do not worry. If the site becomes unusable for any significant length of time during the holiday, we will extend the festival as we have in the past when performance was poor.

Regular registration windows are an important step towards open registration and growing community. Our engineers continue to work on various areas of the site, improving the back end infrastructure so that we can continue to grow.

Several of these changes that we implemented earlier this week have performed well and we are excited for the site’s future capacity because of them. However, there is one change to our load balancing that is causing our hiccups. We have identified it, and this will be corrected or backed out by the time the registration window opens. :)

We are very excited to have more frequent registration windows, and to welcome new members to our community!
For those who have expressed concerns for Greenskeeper in light of our recent registration window announcement, please do not worry. If the site becomes unusable for any significant length of time during the holiday, we will extend the festival as we have in the past when performance was poor.

Regular registration windows are an important step towards open registration and growing community. Our engineers continue to work on various areas of the site, improving the back end infrastructure so that we can continue to grow.

Several of these changes that we implemented earlier this week have performed well and we are excited for the site’s future capacity because of them. However, there is one change to our load balancing that is causing our hiccups. We have identified it, and this will be corrected or backed out by the time the registration window opens. :)

We are very excited to have more frequent registration windows, and to welcome new members to our community!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32 33