Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Upcoming Registration Window May 18
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32 33
Nice :D
Nice :D
VVM4XuM.png
This is probably the wrong place to ask this and will probably end up gathering dust in this thread, but given the issues with the site, I'm assuming part of the problem (in addition and relating to scaling) is that there are too many [unnecessary] page requests.

Have there been any talks on converting certain sections of the codebase to something more modern (Ruby, Node) and utilizing frameworks like Ember/Angular/Backbone to handle events that really shouldn't require a full page reload (modals, Auction House, etc.)?

I could take digs at PHP for days but ultimately whether it is written in PHP or not, the site *feels* like we're in 2004 due to the full redraws just to make a popup show up, and then another when that window is closed. It also increases the likelihood of a timeout and contributes to the very reason they're happening.

It goes without saying that time and resources are limited, but this seems like something that would be vital to the ongoing development and maintenance of the site, not to mention how much time and effort it will save the user and streamline the UX.
This is probably the wrong place to ask this and will probably end up gathering dust in this thread, but given the issues with the site, I'm assuming part of the problem (in addition and relating to scaling) is that there are too many [unnecessary] page requests.

Have there been any talks on converting certain sections of the codebase to something more modern (Ruby, Node) and utilizing frameworks like Ember/Angular/Backbone to handle events that really shouldn't require a full page reload (modals, Auction House, etc.)?

I could take digs at PHP for days but ultimately whether it is written in PHP or not, the site *feels* like we're in 2004 due to the full redraws just to make a popup show up, and then another when that window is closed. It also increases the likelihood of a timeout and contributes to the very reason they're happening.

It goes without saying that time and resources are limited, but this seems like something that would be vital to the ongoing development and maintenance of the site, not to mention how much time and effort it will save the user and streamline the UX.
Nice =D
Nice =D
vtCaSWn.png
Woooohooooo
Woooohooooo
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
Sweeeeeet. :D
Sweeeeeet. :D
wqIOlcG.png
Yay! Now my bro can join! :D
Yay! Now my bro can join! :D
who up rising they flight
Nice! Though newbies won't be able to grind very well for the festival... maybe it'll encourage leveling? Regardless, I'm excited to see some new faces!
Nice! Though newbies won't be able to grind very well for the festival... maybe it'll encourage leveling? Regardless, I'm excited to see some new faces!
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
[quote name="qwertypi303" date=2015-05-13 12:02:36] Nice! Though newbies won't be able to grind very well for the festival... maybe it'll encourage leveling? Regardless, I'm excited to see some new faces! [/quote] Greenskeeper is the perfect newbie festival, because woodland path has many nature monsters! It's only 4-6, which is very attainable provided that they can get a third adult dragon to battle alongside their progens.
qwertypi303 wrote on 2015-05-13:

Greenskeeper is the perfect newbie festival, because woodland path has many nature monsters! It's only 4-6, which is very attainable provided that they can get a third adult dragon to battle alongside their progens.
Now my friend can join earlier than I thought. Super excited!
Now my friend can join earlier than I thought. Super excited!
zaIUUhT.png6RccYha.gif
Yay for new people! The site has been running fine for us so we're excited for more frequent registration windows. Hopefully it'll be open permanently again in the future :D
Yay for new people! The site has been running fine for us so we're excited for more frequent registration windows. Hopefully it'll be open permanently again in the future :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32 33