Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FR College and College-Age Chat
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23
@ShivaDiamondDust Oh, what I would give to wear sweats around campus. I live off campus, with my family, and there have been days when I just wanted to go in my sweatpants/pajama bottoms because I know there are students who do early in the morning (especially those who live in the dorms) but then they have time later to change when they're more awake for the day. However, I wouldn't be able to go home and change into jeans so I'm always hesitant.

This summer, I do want to wear sundresses, shorts/capris, and tank tops a lot more though. My biggest thing (after the awkwardness) is that I don't like carrying around a giant purse. I'm happy with my backpack but that doesn't always fit when you're in a dress and flats/heels. Especially when my backpack is bigger than I am aha.

But, thank you for the encouragement! ^^
@ShivaDiamondDust Oh, what I would give to wear sweats around campus. I live off campus, with my family, and there have been days when I just wanted to go in my sweatpants/pajama bottoms because I know there are students who do early in the morning (especially those who live in the dorms) but then they have time later to change when they're more awake for the day. However, I wouldn't be able to go home and change into jeans so I'm always hesitant.

This summer, I do want to wear sundresses, shorts/capris, and tank tops a lot more though. My biggest thing (after the awkwardness) is that I don't like carrying around a giant purse. I'm happy with my backpack but that doesn't always fit when you're in a dress and flats/heels. Especially when my backpack is bigger than I am aha.

But, thank you for the encouragement! ^^
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
I'm a linguistics student at UF and I've got three semesters left! I study computer science stuff also and I hope to go on to get my MSc in Computational Linguistics at UW. :D I'd love to talk to anyone who studies linguistics and/or is on a similar path to me!
I'm a linguistics student at UF and I've got three semesters left! I study computer science stuff also and I hope to go on to get my MSc in Computational Linguistics at UW. :D I'd love to talk to anyone who studies linguistics and/or is on a similar path to me!
MjxA1tU.png
@Narvix Hey thanks! Everyone here has been super nice and welcoming :D I'm super shy as well, and can't go anywhere without a jacket to kind of cover me up. Even though I just wear a tee shirt and jeans and tennis shoes. .______. I'm terrified of social things. That's why I'm taking online classes ahah...
@Narvix Hey thanks! Everyone here has been super nice and welcoming :D I'm super shy as well, and can't go anywhere without a jacket to kind of cover me up. Even though I just wear a tee shirt and jeans and tennis shoes. .______. I'm terrified of social things. That's why I'm taking online classes ahah...
I'm an English major. I have only had classes with the same people a few times now. Sometimes I think my peers will drop out due to drugs and math. I might be underestimating the sheer number of people in my potential graduation class.
I need to decide if I'm going to do grad school, I took a year off ages ago and ended up one year older than the rest of the people... I don't think I'd want to wait. Class registration opened today, ugh. I love Uni, but I wish education was free. *first world problems*
I'm an English major. I have only had classes with the same people a few times now. Sometimes I think my peers will drop out due to drugs and math. I might be underestimating the sheer number of people in my potential graduation class.
I need to decide if I'm going to do grad school, I took a year off ages ago and ended up one year older than the rest of the people... I don't think I'd want to wait. Class registration opened today, ugh. I love Uni, but I wish education was free. *first world problems*
HzGpUHb.png
I visit FR on my phone on campus. A little. >.>

I'm currently on FR instead of studying for a final tomorrow. I am absolutely a terrible procrastinator and have actually gone into exams without studying for them at all. How my grades are still high, I have no clue.

I'm currently on FR instead of studying for a final tomorrow. I am absolutely a terrible procrastinator and have actually gone into exams without studying for them at all. How my grades are still high, I have no clue.
accessibilitysmallest.png welcome-team-100px-tr_zps6vo02zzw.png

iUm3hSGFvnBEC.png
[quote name="Antigravity" date=2015-04-23 19:07:13] I visit FR on my phone on campus. A little. >.> I'm currently on FR instead of studying for a final tomorrow. I am absolutely a terrible procrastinator and have actually gone into exams without studying for them at all. How my grades are still high, I have no clue. [/quote] This exactly ^ Two exams tomorrow morning and here I am on FR :'D
Antigravity wrote on 2015-04-23:

This exactly ^

Two exams tomorrow morning and here I am on FR :'D
cZLsLHr.png
Exams...Woo. Have one tomorrow and I barely studied. I'm just so mentally drained from all the studying thus far.
Exams...Woo. Have one tomorrow and I barely studied. I'm just so mentally drained from all the studying thus far.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
Why hello there, fellow college-age denizens of this beloved site! University Junior here, preparing to study abroad next semester and trying to survive the last few weeks of the current one before I can get there.

Out of curiosity, how long do y'all have until you get out for the summer? I've got two weeks plus finals week left; it's simultaneously a short amount of a time and a horridly long one. ;-;

@Naralex - YOU. YES YOU. How do you have the same exact main interests as me??? I am also a Linguistics student; hit me up for a chat sometime!
Why hello there, fellow college-age denizens of this beloved site! University Junior here, preparing to study abroad next semester and trying to survive the last few weeks of the current one before I can get there.

Out of curiosity, how long do y'all have until you get out for the summer? I've got two weeks plus finals week left; it's simultaneously a short amount of a time and a horridly long one. ;-;

@Naralex - YOU. YES YOU. How do you have the same exact main interests as me??? I am also a Linguistics student; hit me up for a chat sometime!
undergrad environmental bio major here (my flight rly suits me, aha), also slacking off w/ my dergs at 3 am instead of finishing up a math study guide/RIP

@Snowflying next week is finals week for me, and I'm simultaneously relieved and horrified
undergrad environmental bio major here (my flight rly suits me, aha), also slacking off w/ my dergs at 3 am instead of finishing up a math study guide/RIP

@Snowflying next week is finals week for me, and I'm simultaneously relieved and horrified
Gpasq5f.png
Hi, I'm a Computer Science student, hoping to finish my Bachelor this year (in France, though) and go to a Master's program next year. I currently am in the middle of nothing to do because of lacking an internship (and half hating one teacher of mine who rejected the only positive answer I've had for such an internship).
°-°
Hi, I'm a Computer Science student, hoping to finish my Bachelor this year (in France, though) and go to a Master's program next year. I currently am in the middle of nothing to do because of lacking an internship (and half hating one teacher of mine who rejected the only positive answer I've had for such an internship).
°-°
j3zsWMV.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23