Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | FREE GENE SCROLLS! Raffle over!
1 2 3 4
*Apologies if this should go in the dragon share forum instead*

Hey Nooblets!

So now that hopefully everyone is enjoying this game and has already hatched their first nests and whatnot, and I have some extra money, I have decided to do this. I'm sure your progens aren't complete yet, so show them here for a chance to EARN FREE GENE SCROLLS!

Yes, I said earn. This isn't your normal raffle thread where winners are chosen randomly. This isn't a thread giving away free things to every player. In this thread, you compete against other players for your reward.

Here you will write about your dragon. Tell me about their stories. Who are they and where did they come from? Why did you chose them? What makes them so special?

(*These are just some ideas. You can write about anything you want! Go for it! It is not necessary to follow FR lore!)

In the end, I will choose my favorite writer and their dragon. This is NOT RANDOM and there is no RNG to blame if you don't win.

Rules! READ THEM.
- Follow all of the FR rules while writing.
- More rules will be written as necessary.
- Noob/Nooblet refers to players who joined within the most recent registration window.
- Every nooblet can only submit one dragon. (This is to ensure fairness because some of you may have accidentally exalted one of them.)
- With your dragon, fill out the form in the third post.
- No buying tickets. This raffle does not use tickets. This is FREE.
- Don't get mad or complain if you don't win.
- Noobs only. I may open this raffle up to older players if there is not enough interest.
- Winners will be chosen and the raffle closes on 5/1/2015
- This raffle will have at least one grand prize winner. There may be more depending on how much money I have.
- One prize per person. No exceptions.
- Grand prize winnner(s) can only win gene scrolls in the Treasure Marketplace.(No Iridescent/Shimmer/Circuit/Crystal/Facet.)
- Once I get pinged and read your entry, I may not notice if you edit it afterwards. Sorry!
*Apologies if this should go in the dragon share forum instead*

Hey Nooblets!

So now that hopefully everyone is enjoying this game and has already hatched their first nests and whatnot, and I have some extra money, I have decided to do this. I'm sure your progens aren't complete yet, so show them here for a chance to EARN FREE GENE SCROLLS!

Yes, I said earn. This isn't your normal raffle thread where winners are chosen randomly. This isn't a thread giving away free things to every player. In this thread, you compete against other players for your reward.

Here you will write about your dragon. Tell me about their stories. Who are they and where did they come from? Why did you chose them? What makes them so special?

(*These are just some ideas. You can write about anything you want! Go for it! It is not necessary to follow FR lore!)

In the end, I will choose my favorite writer and their dragon. This is NOT RANDOM and there is no RNG to blame if you don't win.

Rules! READ THEM.
- Follow all of the FR rules while writing.
- More rules will be written as necessary.
- Noob/Nooblet refers to players who joined within the most recent registration window.
- Every nooblet can only submit one dragon. (This is to ensure fairness because some of you may have accidentally exalted one of them.)
- With your dragon, fill out the form in the third post.
- No buying tickets. This raffle does not use tickets. This is FREE.
- Don't get mad or complain if you don't win.
- Noobs only. I may open this raffle up to older players if there is not enough interest.
- Winners will be chosen and the raffle closes on 5/1/2015
- This raffle will have at least one grand prize winner. There may be more depending on how much money I have.
- One prize per person. No exceptions.
- Grand prize winnner(s) can only win gene scrolls in the Treasure Marketplace.(No Iridescent/Shimmer/Circuit/Crystal/Facet.)
- Once I get pinged and read your entry, I may not notice if you edit it afterwards. Sorry!
[quote=GRAND PRIZE] The Grand Prize Winner receives their choice of any treasure gene scroll! [item=primary gene: Tiger][item=primary gene: Bar][item=primary gene: Ripple][item=primary gene: Vipera][item=primary gene: Clown][item=primary gene: Speckle] [item=secondary gene: Stripes][item=secondary gene: Daub][item=secondary gene: Current] [item=secondary gene: Hypnotic][item=secondary gene: Eye Spots][item=secondary gene: Freckle][item=secondary gene: Seraph][item=tertiary gene: Underbelly][item=tertiary gene: Okapi][item=tertiary gene: Crackle][item=tertiary gene: Spines][item=tertiary gene: gembond][item=tertiary gene: Smoke][/Quote] [quote=Honorable Mention Prizes] At least 3 winners will be chosen for this category! Winners will receive 1 random familiar from my horde![/quote]
GRAND PRIZE wrote:
The Grand Prize Winner receives their choice of any treasure gene scroll!
Primary Gene: Tiger Primary Gene: Bar Primary Gene: Ripple Primary Gene: Vipera Primary Gene: Clown Primary Gene: Speckle
Secondary Gene: Stripes Secondary Gene: Daub Secondary Gene: Current Secondary Gene: Hypnotic Secondary Gene: Eye Spots Secondary Gene: Freckle Secondary Gene: Seraph Tertiary Gene: Underbelly Tertiary Gene: Okapi Tertiary Gene: Crackle Tertiary Gene: Spines Tertiary Gene: Gembond Tertiary Gene: Smoke

Honorable Mention Prizes wrote:
At least 3 winners will be chosen for this category!
Winners will receive 1 random familiar from my horde!
To enter you and your dragon in this competition, you ping me and fill out this form! [quote=Entry Form] Insert an image of your dragon using the "Generate Code" button. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10844536] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/108446/10844536_350.png[/img][/url] This is [your dragon's name] and and it would like [choice of gene]! Use the space below to describe your dragon, write about your dragon's history, etc! Why does it want this gene? [/quote]
To enter you and your dragon in this competition, you ping me and fill out this form!
Entry Form wrote:

Insert an image of your dragon using the "Generate Code" button.

10844536_350.png

This is [your dragon's name] and and it would like [choice of gene]!

Use the space below to describe your dragon, write about your dragon's history, etc!
Why does it want this gene?
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12112512] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121126/12112512_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Luna and she would like the tiger gene. She is of no royal family, but she is still the matriarch of her clan. The problem is that she have lost her respect from the other dragons in her clan. There have been rumors about her and she can't get them to leave her alone. She thinks that getting a gene will gain her respect as she is one of the only dragons in the clan without a gene. Moira, one of the beautiful females have spread some of the worst rumors. She said that Luna have been cheating on her mate and that none of her hatchlings are his. She is crying her heart out every night, but all the dragons with a gene is said to speak truly, so if she got a gene, she could prove that she have done nothing wrong. Her mate have left her too and she could win him back with a gene too. All she really wishes for is her honor and respect back, but no matter how hard she fought, the rumors are getting worse and she can not stop Moira. She knows that Moira's gene is stolen and not earned. She can prove it but not remove it. She have fought Moira with words and with courage and fights, but nothing wins against the lying female and this is Luna's last chance of winning her clan back. Else, she will be abandoned. @pit

12112512_350.png

This is Luna and she would like the tiger gene.
She is of no royal family, but she is still the matriarch of her clan. The problem is that she have lost her respect from the other dragons in her clan. There have been rumors about her and she can't get them to leave her alone. She thinks that getting a gene will gain her respect as she is one of the only dragons in the clan without a gene. Moira, one of the beautiful females have spread some of the worst rumors. She said that Luna have been cheating on her mate and that none of her hatchlings are his. She is crying her heart out every night, but all the dragons with a gene is said to speak truly, so if she got a gene, she could prove that she have done nothing wrong. Her mate have left her too and she could win him back with a gene too. All she really wishes for is her honor and respect back, but no matter how hard she fought, the rumors are getting worse and she can not stop Moira. She knows that Moira's gene is stolen and not earned. She can prove it but not remove it. She have fought Moira with words and with courage and fights, but nothing wins against the lying female and this is Luna's last chance of winning her clan back. Else, she will be abandoned.
@pit
I am brony :) I draw a lot. Love requests, would like a penpal and I love random messages. I also love writing to people and stories :P
I draw things here: :3 http://crazydrawingduck.deviantart.com/
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121226/12122501_350.png[/img] This is Nugget and he would like the vipera gene! Nugget is a shy dragon, but also very loving and kind to the dragons he cares about. He came from the water flight (obviously) and very much enjoys swimming and eating fish. He loves the outdoors and is skilled at swimming, even with his long fur. He would like the vipera gene because he belives it will help him blend in with the fish he swims with better, he always wanted to be a afish! @pit
12122501_350.png

This is Nugget and he would like the vipera gene!
Nugget is a shy dragon, but also very loving and kind to the dragons he cares about. He came from the water flight (obviously) and very much enjoys swimming and eating fish. He loves the outdoors and is skilled at swimming, even with his long fur. He would like the vipera gene because he belives it will help him blend in with the fish he swims with better, he always wanted to be a afish!

@pit
@Pit [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12402411] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/124025/12402411_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=arial]This is Lilith and she would like the Vipera gene! First, I'd like to give you a bit of background on my clan. The important thing to know is that this clan is taking part in the Nuzlocke challenge, a challenge that sets strict rules for playing Flight Rising. I learned about this challenge pretty early on, browsing the forums one day and, being a Plague member who can't resist a good challenge, decided I wanted to join in on the fun! So I created a Nuzlocke journal and got started, with a BIG help from my good friend, Geneva, who had enough money to buy me an egg to get me started on the challenge. A few days into the challenge, I found a Plague egg while I was scavenging. I excitedly hatched it, and Lilith was born. She's [i]absolutely[/i] adorable to me, and of course I hurried to the scrying workshop to see what she could be. After playing with the genes a bit, I found a look that I felt was perfect for my dear Lilith, one that made her look downright scary! And, since she is a Plague dragon, it was all the more fitting. c: The final plan for Lilith is to change her breed to Pearlcatcher, and give her Vipera/Hypnotic/Spines. Now, for a little about the lovely lady. Lilith is a lovely girl, kind at heart, but very mischievous. She's always getting into some sort of trouble, playing pranks or getting herself tangled up in some other sort of mess. But everyone in the clan loves her nonetheless, knowing that putting up with her wild side is just something that comes along with living with Lilith. Draconia, Lilith's adoptive mother, is probably the one who has rubbed off on Lilith the most, giving her her feisty side, but also making sure that she knows the line between good and bad. Lilith herself wants this gene because she simply adores how the gene looks on her. And, she figures that she could probably give some dragons quite a fright as a Pearlcatcher with Vipera -- she says that it'd make a great prank![/font]
@Pit

This is Lilith and she would like the Vipera gene!

First, I'd like to give you a bit of background on my clan. The important thing to know is that this clan is taking part in the Nuzlocke challenge, a challenge that sets strict rules for playing Flight Rising. I learned about this challenge pretty early on, browsing the forums one day and, being a Plague member who can't resist a good challenge, decided I wanted to join in on the fun! So I created a Nuzlocke journal and got started, with a BIG help from my good friend, Geneva, who had enough money to buy me an egg to get me started on the challenge.

A few days into the challenge, I found a Plague egg while I was scavenging. I excitedly hatched it, and Lilith was born. She's absolutely adorable to me, and of course I hurried to the scrying workshop to see what she could be. After playing with the genes a bit, I found a look that I felt was perfect for my dear Lilith, one that made her look downright scary! And, since she is a Plague dragon, it was all the more fitting. c: The final plan for Lilith is to change her breed to Pearlcatcher, and give her Vipera/Hypnotic/Spines.

Now, for a little about the lovely lady. Lilith is a lovely girl, kind at heart, but very mischievous. She's always getting into some sort of trouble, playing pranks or getting herself tangled up in some other sort of mess. But everyone in the clan loves her nonetheless, knowing that putting up with her wild side is just something that comes along with living with Lilith. Draconia, Lilith's adoptive mother, is probably the one who has rubbed off on Lilith the most, giving her her feisty side, but also making sure that she knows the line between good and bad.

Lilith herself wants this gene because she simply adores how the gene looks on her. And, she figures that she could probably give some dragons quite a fright as a Pearlcatcher with Vipera -- she says that it'd make a great prank!
raffle2.pngtumblr_nmki1qAAMw1rfcmceo1_250.jpg
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12161569] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121616/12161569_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Sitharia and she would like the smoke gene. Raised in the darkest reaches of the Foxfire Bramble, Sitharia showed a cunning, ambition and brutality far beyond that of any of her clutch-mates. Time has only added wisdom to her accumen and honed her into an instrument of both deadly precision and brutal force when necessary. Sitharia is both scalpel and warhammer in stalwart service to the Shadowbinder. To her, the thrill of the hunt is paramount. None can run, none can hide. In her wake she leaves darkness. Hers is the domain where shadows lie.

12161569_350.png

This is Sitharia and she would like the smoke gene.

Raised in the darkest reaches of the Foxfire Bramble, Sitharia showed a cunning, ambition and brutality far beyond that of any of her clutch-mates. Time has only added wisdom to her accumen and honed her into an instrument of both deadly precision and brutal force when necessary. Sitharia is both scalpel and warhammer in stalwart service to the Shadowbinder.
To her, the thrill of the hunt is paramount. None can run, none can hide. In her wake she leaves darkness. Hers is the domain where shadows lie.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12132775] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121328/12132775_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Adagio and he would like the Bar Gene. Adagio is a rather mild tempered Tundra, even as far as his breed goes, who never thought he would start a clan. As he grew up the only ambition he had was to stay well fed, happy, and free. In pursuit of this he took to aimless wandering, soaring smoothly on thermals during the warmer months and ambling from place to place when his mane grew too heavy to fly with during the colder months. He passed through his travels, enjoying the sights he saw and the dragons he met. The only thing that might recall him to mind was the simple songs he would sing as he passed through. Then one day he was passing through the Zephyr Steppes, by a thicket where the bamboo grew tall and he heard a sound that stopped him in his tracks. An almost magical hum, soothing and full of surprisingly complex harmonies. He searched for the sound until he realized that it was the music of the wind itself, blowing over the open ends of the bamboo stalks. He found the sound so peaceful and relaxing that he decided to make a lair there,content to have a relaxed, if solitary life. He was surprised, to say the least when very shortly after his lair was built another dragon came to the thicket of singing bamboo. A small Fae, by the name of Soprani. They were as different as they could be; large and small, relaxed and energetic, red and blue. Yet, as they sat amongst the bamboo and talked, they found that they had never enjoyed the company of any other dragon more. They also found they enjoyed making music much better together than they ever had alone. Slowly the pair grew into a clan, as more and more dragons found the lair within the singing bamboo where music was almost a constant. Adagio had a very simple philosophy: If you enjoy music, come and play with us. Without really trying, he found that he had become the leader of a growing clan, the WindSwept Chorus. His level head proved to be perfect for navigating any troubles that arose between the very different dragons of the clan. Still, he was content with his simple appearance, even amongst far flashier dragons. That changed when he became a father. He fell in love with those fuzzy little hatchlings, who looked up at him with big adoring eyes and asked for stories of his travels. They wanted to see the world like he did, and suddenly he was afraid. He feared that his children wouldn't find any clan to travel with. That they would be looked over because they were so plain. It took a lot of work to find them new clans, but when it was done he told Soprani that was going to work to get new genes, so he would never have to worry about any of his children being passed over for being too plain. For the first time in his life, Adagio was driven. @Pit

12132775_350.png

This is Adagio and he would like the Bar Gene.

Adagio is a rather mild tempered Tundra, even as far as his breed goes, who never thought he would start a clan. As he grew up the only ambition he had was to stay well fed, happy, and free. In pursuit of this he took to aimless wandering, soaring smoothly on thermals during the warmer months and ambling from place to place when his mane grew too heavy to fly with during the colder months. He passed through his travels, enjoying the sights he saw and the dragons he met. The only thing that might recall him to mind was the simple songs he would sing as he passed through.

Then one day he was passing through the Zephyr Steppes, by a thicket where the bamboo grew tall and he heard a sound that stopped him in his tracks. An almost magical hum, soothing and full of surprisingly complex harmonies. He searched for the sound until he realized that it was the music of the wind itself, blowing over the open ends of the bamboo stalks.

He found the sound so peaceful and relaxing that he decided to make a lair there,content to have a relaxed, if solitary life. He was surprised, to say the least when very shortly after his lair was built another dragon came to the thicket of singing bamboo. A small Fae, by the name of Soprani.

They were as different as they could be; large and small, relaxed and energetic, red and blue. Yet, as they sat amongst the bamboo and talked, they found that they had never enjoyed the company of any other dragon more. They also found they enjoyed making music much better together than they ever had alone.

Slowly the pair grew into a clan, as more and more dragons found the lair within the singing bamboo where music was almost a constant. Adagio had a very simple philosophy: If you enjoy music, come and play with us.

Without really trying, he found that he had become the leader of a growing clan, the WindSwept Chorus. His level head proved to be perfect for navigating any troubles that arose between the very different dragons of the clan. Still, he was content with his simple appearance, even amongst far flashier dragons.

That changed when he became a father.

He fell in love with those fuzzy little hatchlings, who looked up at him with big adoring eyes and asked for stories of his travels. They wanted to see the world like he did, and suddenly he was afraid. He feared that his children wouldn't find any clan to travel with. That they would be looked over because they were so plain.

It took a lot of work to find them new clans, but when it was done he told Soprani that was going to work to get new genes, so he would never have to worry about any of his children being passed over for being too plain.

For the first time in his life, Adagio was driven.

@Pit
wHevbhU.gif el4duj5.giflOT11q6.gif wHevbhU.gif
@Pit [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12132250] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121323/12132250_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Dirsus and he would like Current. Dirsus is an energetic, feisty fae whose dream is to become a spiral. He finds that would suit his active personality much better, and would love nothing more than to fly in those magnificent, looping shapes. It will happen. Another thing he's very unhappy about is how [i]plain[/i] he was born. After seeing so many other dragons with such beautiful genes, he started to become self-conscious and jealous. And yet again, he felt as though his boring outward appearance didn't nearly reflect his personality. He thought long and hard about how he wanted to look, and his wings were especially important to him. The thought that kept coming back to him was how much he loved where he grew up and lived-- by the sea. That's when he realized it. Two of his favorite things in the world were the currents of the sea and the wind. It's where his heart lies. If his wings could reflect the things he loves, then he feels he could be happy with himself. [the plan is for spiral+speckle+current]
@Pit

12132250_350.png

This is Dirsus and he would like Current.

Dirsus is an energetic, feisty fae whose dream is to become a spiral. He finds that would suit his active personality much better, and would love nothing more than to fly in those magnificent, looping shapes. It will happen. Another thing he's very unhappy about is how plain he was born. After seeing so many other dragons with such beautiful genes, he started to become self-conscious and jealous. And yet again, he felt as though his boring outward appearance didn't nearly reflect his personality.

He thought long and hard about how he wanted to look, and his wings were especially important to him. The thought that kept coming back to him was how much he loved where he grew up and lived-- by the sea. That's when he realized it. Two of his favorite things in the world were the currents of the sea and the wind. It's where his heart lies. If his wings could reflect the things he loves, then he feels he could be happy with himself.

[the plan is for spiral+speckle+current]
@Pit [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12134215] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121343/12134215_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Avrae and and she would like ripple! When Avrae was young she was like most Mirrors, she stuck with her own kind and revelled in the hunt; Always she would try her luck against the most difficult of prey, striving to be the fastes and strongest. This headstrong attitude of hers was well respected among her peers, but it wound up costing her. Thinking no prey would ever be a match for her she kept taking on larger foes, until one day she bit off more than she could chew. The battle severely damaged her hind legs, causing her to be unable to keep up with the pack. As time passed it became apparent that they would never work properly again, and so she began to carve out a permanent lair for herself. Over time, more and more lost dragons came to her. At first she was hostile, but she missed the feel of being in a large pack so eventually she accepted them. Some would leave after a time, but others stayed and eventually she found herself as the head of a ragtag clan of misfits and outcasts. In her heart she dreams of the day her clan can take off on the hunt together, but for now she is content to stay in a familiar lair. [The goal is ripple/stripes/circuit!]
@Pit

12134215_350.png

This is Avrae and and she would like ripple!

When Avrae was young she was like most Mirrors, she stuck with her own kind and revelled in the hunt; Always she would try her luck against the most difficult of prey, striving to be the fastes and strongest. This headstrong attitude of hers was well respected among her peers, but it wound up costing her.
Thinking no prey would ever be a match for her she kept taking on larger foes, until one day she bit off more than she could chew. The battle severely damaged her hind legs, causing her to be unable to keep up with the pack. As time passed it became apparent that they would never work properly again, and so she began to carve out a permanent lair for herself.

Over time, more and more lost dragons came to her. At first she was hostile, but she missed the feel of being in a large pack so eventually she accepted them. Some would leave after a time, but others stayed and eventually she found herself as the head of a ragtag clan of misfits and outcasts. In her heart she dreams of the day her clan can take off on the hunt together, but for now she is content to stay in a familiar lair.

[The goal is ripple/stripes/circuit!]
plague.gif CAJaTcp.png
rix3ppo.png
Z2soOA2.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
IZmT2D4.png

I breed bulbasaurs in my hatchery
1 2 3 4