Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Accessibility: 40* threads
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 57 58
I'm a new player who tried out the Coliseum for the first time yesterday. I played a fair bit, but today the first thing I did was google for info or some kind of app that would let me use the keyboard. That's how I found this thread.

There's already a lot of mouse clicking in Flight Rising, but the repetitiveness of the Coliseum takes the cake. My hand hurts today and I don't see how I can keep levelling my dragons like that. I'm an office worker; I use keyboard short-cuts for practically everything, because I've had wrist problems in the past and Carpal Tunnel is a real threat.

I'm a patient sort and I'd rather spend my free time in the Coliseum than sit around and knit or something (for one thing, my knitting is execrable). But it's just not workable the way it is now. I'd even take a text-based, no-frills version over this.
I'm a new player who tried out the Coliseum for the first time yesterday. I played a fair bit, but today the first thing I did was google for info or some kind of app that would let me use the keyboard. That's how I found this thread.

There's already a lot of mouse clicking in Flight Rising, but the repetitiveness of the Coliseum takes the cake. My hand hurts today and I don't see how I can keep levelling my dragons like that. I'm an office worker; I use keyboard short-cuts for practically everything, because I've had wrist problems in the past and Carpal Tunnel is a real threat.

I'm a patient sort and I'd rather spend my free time in the Coliseum than sit around and knit or something (for one thing, my knitting is execrable). But it's just not workable the way it is now. I'd even take a text-based, no-frills version over this.
Agreed 100%! I am a player who has zero use of her arms/hands (I have arthrogryposis) I control the keyboard with an adaptive mouth stick. While I am used to it, it still causes neck strain and jaw soreness when playing in the coli for too long. I really support having the option to use the keyboard and also the visual options. It won't "destroy the charm" of the coli...it'll make it more accessible!
Agreed 100%! I am a player who has zero use of her arms/hands (I have arthrogryposis) I control the keyboard with an adaptive mouth stick. While I am used to it, it still causes neck strain and jaw soreness when playing in the coli for too long. I really support having the option to use the keyboard and also the visual options. It won't "destroy the charm" of the coli...it'll make it more accessible!
blaquecat_michonne_pixel_by_rebechaan-d8pktea_zpsgjarefpx.gifaccessibilitysmallest.png
This has my full support. There are people with eye problems, hard times moving their arms/hands, and there are no options to make this more accessible. Why not? If someone can get completely smashed on jaeger and make a script in flash that has those options for Newgrounds, why can't it be done here?
This has my full support. There are people with eye problems, hard times moving their arms/hands, and there are no options to make this more accessible. Why not? If someone can get completely smashed on jaeger and make a script in flash that has those options for Newgrounds, why can't it be done here?
I would like fixes at least on controls. Like keyboard bindings for commands so people who cannot use a mouse very well can still use the coliseum as effectively as everyone else. The animations need a bit of cleanup to prevent eye strain as well.
I would like fixes at least on controls. Like keyboard bindings for commands so people who cannot use a mouse very well can still use the coliseum as effectively as everyone else. The animations need a bit of cleanup to prevent eye strain as well.
Full support (+ friendly bump to the first page)!

It would be nice if we get keyboard controls. Regarding the animations, it just slows down the movements in the browser, tbh.
Full support (+ friendly bump to the first page)!

It would be nice if we get keyboard controls. Regarding the animations, it just slows down the movements in the browser, tbh.
Light Sprite
Full support for hotkeys especially. Also after two years, it's time for sound.
Full support for hotkeys especially. Also after two years, it's time for sound.
ybcE92g.png2jJSL3N.png215bfUw.pngfLuQZJd.pngOaDsX7h.pngK3ypjJw.pngeAHytl6.png4iB7uXv.pngUG6kVwD.pngZHFEqK0.png6VRysC6.png
@doodlemonchelle

I thank you for adding a thread like this. I am totally blind and use a screen reader to play games, yes regular games found on the internet, and I generally have gotten positive responses from staff that run both smalltime games to very large games similar in size to this one, *not saying which incase of legal issues*, but I am finding a very lackluster/absolutely no response from the staff here, which I fell, is a great loss to them and the game itself. I have sent in contact forms explaining the issues of a screen reader reading only text and not all the various icons on this game, making the battling colo area completely inaccessible. I have gotten, to my great surprise and relief, lots of help from other players and lots of support from the sighted people on here as well as those that deal with other various types of visual issues. I have contacted every admin I can find in the announcement boards to find out about how long a contact form might take to respond to or even if anyone reads contact forms or responds to them at all and have gotten no response from those admins I could find. This is such a wonderful game and so involved with players that I would think that those running the game and those in the programming department would like to help fix issues as much as possible to keep their players as long as possible and, when registration opens again, add more players with visual issues *fully blind or otherwise*, to enhance their gaming community.
For those that aren't familiar: A screen reader reads aloud all text on the screen and even the letters I am currently typing and though we can work around many issues, *I tend to have more patience than most for this*, a large amount of icons/graphics with no text attribute attached to them makes it difficult to play, figure out what you have gathered, or even what is in your horde and the colo is off limits totally.

I will keep playing, though gathering/selling stuff on auction is not giving me the money I would like to keep up my lair, and If I get no response, I will keep making contact forms to send out. I did figure that they might be busier than usual since the april 8/9 registration, but...I guess I will see, though the coments I have read here and other places is not boding well for my issue or yours.
Good luck to all!
@doodlemonchelle

I thank you for adding a thread like this. I am totally blind and use a screen reader to play games, yes regular games found on the internet, and I generally have gotten positive responses from staff that run both smalltime games to very large games similar in size to this one, *not saying which incase of legal issues*, but I am finding a very lackluster/absolutely no response from the staff here, which I fell, is a great loss to them and the game itself. I have sent in contact forms explaining the issues of a screen reader reading only text and not all the various icons on this game, making the battling colo area completely inaccessible. I have gotten, to my great surprise and relief, lots of help from other players and lots of support from the sighted people on here as well as those that deal with other various types of visual issues. I have contacted every admin I can find in the announcement boards to find out about how long a contact form might take to respond to or even if anyone reads contact forms or responds to them at all and have gotten no response from those admins I could find. This is such a wonderful game and so involved with players that I would think that those running the game and those in the programming department would like to help fix issues as much as possible to keep their players as long as possible and, when registration opens again, add more players with visual issues *fully blind or otherwise*, to enhance their gaming community.
For those that aren't familiar: A screen reader reads aloud all text on the screen and even the letters I am currently typing and though we can work around many issues, *I tend to have more patience than most for this*, a large amount of icons/graphics with no text attribute attached to them makes it difficult to play, figure out what you have gathered, or even what is in your horde and the colo is off limits totally.

I will keep playing, though gathering/selling stuff on auction is not giving me the money I would like to keep up my lair, and If I get no response, I will keep making contact forms to send out. I did figure that they might be busier than usual since the april 8/9 registration, but...I guess I will see, though the coments I have read here and other places is not boding well for my issue or yours.
Good luck to all!
kithri_signature_by_stormhawke13-d9bs7vn.png--rainbow hatchery. Wanted, stuff from the coli and Baldwin as not accessible for blind players.[center
bump
bump
kithri_signature_by_stormhawke13-d9bs7vn.png--rainbow hatchery. Wanted, stuff from the coli and Baldwin as not accessible for blind players.[center
I need this to be a thing, I've gotten to the point even using floating/flying dragons or lightning dragons make it hard to play this game. I'd be fine if you could toggle those animations off.
I need this to be a thing, I've gotten to the point even using floating/flying dragons or lightning dragons make it hard to play this game. I'd be fine if you could toggle those animations off.
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
Support, I would have never even though of these things as a problem, but after reading everyone's testimonials, this needs to be fixed. Everybody should be able to use the coliseum.
Support, I would have never even though of these things as a problem, but after reading everyone's testimonials, this needs to be fixed. Everybody should be able to use the coliseum.
bonsai_princessparrot_1_by_auricolor-dap3vba.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 57 58