Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hi hi! Nice to meet everyone
1 2 3 4
@CidSimp same! Though I've been honestly hyperfixating on an idea I have for a game with so many choices and stuff. I'm not a game anything. I'm a writer. Why is this my current fixation I can never make it omg
@CidSimp same! Though I've been honestly hyperfixating on an idea I have for a game with so many choices and stuff. I'm not a game anything. I'm a writer. Why is this my current fixation I can never make it omg
ShadowMermaid -> StarlightMermaid
XsyYMAb.png
Check out my Adoptable tab for dragons free to good homes
I've started a 100 Hatchlings Challenge! Oops, here's another!
@ShadowMermaid Just cause you can't program it, doesn't mean you can't write it. Video games have many teams for a reason.
@ShadowMermaid Just cause you can't program it, doesn't mean you can't write it. Video games have many teams for a reason.
@CidSimp you're right, you're right. I just have no idea where I'd even start looking for help with it.
@CidSimp you're right, you're right. I just have no idea where I'd even start looking for help with it.
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid A good place to start may be looking into Global Game Jam. It's a weekend long even in which you and a team create a game based on a theme. I do believe Goat Simulator was from that. It looks like there's a reddit page. Maybe you can see if there's any teams that are willing to let you join. It's aways fun. I never made a game but my bf and his friends did ever year in Uni. I was just the cheer squad.
@ShadowMermaid A good place to start may be looking into Global Game Jam. It's a weekend long even in which you and a team create a game based on a theme. I do believe Goat Simulator was from that. It looks like there's a reddit page. Maybe you can see if there's any teams that are willing to let you join. It's aways fun. I never made a game but my bf and his friends did ever year in Uni. I was just the cheer squad.
@CidSimp That's definitely something to look into. Maybe once I've fleshed the plot and characters out a bit more (and hopefully fit the theme). Thank you!
@CidSimp That's definitely something to look into. Maybe once I've fleshed the plot and characters out a bit more (and hopefully fit the theme). Thank you!
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid I'm glad to help a little. I'm sure, if the game idea is as big as it sounds, there might be a part you try to make or even tweak to fit. I really hope you end up making the game, or trying. And hey, Game Design is a career.
@ShadowMermaid I'm glad to help a little. I'm sure, if the game idea is as big as it sounds, there might be a part you try to make or even tweak to fit. I really hope you end up making the game, or trying. And hey, Game Design is a career.
@CidSimp it's an idea I've been stuck on for a little while now, much longer than usual ideas I have, so I'm really hoping to at least make something of it. Sorry for derailing your intro post and making it about me tho, oops.
@CidSimp it's an idea I've been stuck on for a little while now, much longer than usual ideas I have, so I'm really hoping to at least make something of it. Sorry for derailing your intro post and making it about me tho, oops.
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid I don't think you've derailed it at all. I made it to introduce myself and talk to people and I'm doing just that! Don't feel bad at all.
@ShadowMermaid I don't think you've derailed it at all. I made it to introduce myself and talk to people and I'm doing just that! Don't feel bad at all.
@CidSimp thanks. I hope youve also been enjoying yourself here so far
@CidSimp thanks. I hope youve also been enjoying yourself here so far
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid I am! I love looking at all the designs on here. I can't wait till I'm able to make some pretty ones. I'm currently going through the Auction House going "I want you. And I want you. And I want you."
@ShadowMermaid I am! I love looking at all the designs on here. I can't wait till I'm able to make some pretty ones. I'm currently going through the Auction House going "I want you. And I want you. And I want you."
1 2 3 4