Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hi hi! Nice to meet everyone
1 2 3 4
@CidSimp I'm also an Andromeda enjoyer! I always get so mad/upset that people revied it so badly that the sequel got cancelled.
@CidSimp I'm also an Andromeda enjoyer! I always get so mad/upset that people revied it so badly that the sequel got cancelled.
ShadowMermaid -> StarlightMermaid
XsyYMAb.png
Check out my Adoptable tab for dragons free to good homes
I've started a 100 Hatchlings Challenge! Oops, here's another!
@ShadowMermaid I know! There was so much left to explore and find out! People were so hung up on it not being Shep that they didn't give the story a chance. I wanted to find out about the last ship and who made the Angara. I bet it would of been so cool.
@ShadowMermaid I know! There was so much left to explore and find out! People were so hung up on it not being Shep that they didn't give the story a chance. I wanted to find out about the last ship and who made the Angara. I bet it would of been so cool.
@CidSimp I was about to say the same thing, but then I was worried I'd sound rude for the first convo haha. But people definitely needed to put the Shep nostalgia away and give it an actual chance. A lot of complaints were that we also didn't learn a lot about the characters... but we did? Especially when you compare it to me1. Like the original group had 3 games to learn about them. Yes Andromeda was longer, but that doesn't change the fact that it was still the first game. I thought we learned more than enough for that. And while the game did seem to drag on at some points, overall I've always found it extremely enjoyable.

I'm glad they said they'd make the new game tie in as a sequel to both series. Hopefully we get enough answers. At least the novel spin off told us what happened to the Quarians.
@CidSimp I was about to say the same thing, but then I was worried I'd sound rude for the first convo haha. But people definitely needed to put the Shep nostalgia away and give it an actual chance. A lot of complaints were that we also didn't learn a lot about the characters... but we did? Especially when you compare it to me1. Like the original group had 3 games to learn about them. Yes Andromeda was longer, but that doesn't change the fact that it was still the first game. I thought we learned more than enough for that. And while the game did seem to drag on at some points, overall I've always found it extremely enjoyable.

I'm glad they said they'd make the new game tie in as a sequel to both series. Hopefully we get enough answers. At least the novel spin off told us what happened to the Quarians.
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid I completely agree. In ME1 the stuff we find out about the crew feels so surface level, and that's not bad for a first game that they knew was gonna get at least one more game.
I also think they were expecting the same kind of character personalities. "All Turians want to do good", "All Selarians are calculating" but they crew in Andromeda are, I don't know what to call them, foils? Kallo is kind and caring and Vetra is just trying to protect her sister at any cost.
@ShadowMermaid I completely agree. In ME1 the stuff we find out about the crew feels so surface level, and that's not bad for a first game that they knew was gonna get at least one more game.
I also think they were expecting the same kind of character personalities. "All Turians want to do good", "All Selarians are calculating" but they crew in Andromeda are, I don't know what to call them, foils? Kallo is kind and caring and Vetra is just trying to protect her sister at any cost.
@CidSimp that's exactly it, like compared to andromeda the me1 crew is bare bones almost. I never understood the 'the characters aren't as fleshed out' argument. Like you're comparing a 3 game series to one game.

Also the glitches! So so many complaints but I've seen the same stuff coming out from the original series. Even the legendary edition has glitches, but you barely heard about them in comparison.

I really hope the ME4 protag is a whole new character and not Shep or Rider. And honestly, I hope it is far in the future since Liara looks a lot older, and that Shep is long gone. Obviously I'd love throwbacks and other such stuff thrown in, but people need to let Shep rest and move on or the series can't keep changing or growing.
@CidSimp that's exactly it, like compared to andromeda the me1 crew is bare bones almost. I never understood the 'the characters aren't as fleshed out' argument. Like you're comparing a 3 game series to one game.

Also the glitches! So so many complaints but I've seen the same stuff coming out from the original series. Even the legendary edition has glitches, but you barely heard about them in comparison.

I really hope the ME4 protag is a whole new character and not Shep or Rider. And honestly, I hope it is far in the future since Liara looks a lot older, and that Shep is long gone. Obviously I'd love throwbacks and other such stuff thrown in, but people need to let Shep rest and move on or the series can't keep changing or growing.
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid I completely agree with everything you just said. I really hope they give the game a chance with all new characters on the crew. I know Liara is going to be in it but I just hope not on the crew, if that makes sense.
@ShadowMermaid I completely agree with everything you just said. I really hope they give the game a chance with all new characters on the crew. I know Liara is going to be in it but I just hope not on the crew, if that makes sense.
@CidSimp I get you, and I hope the same. I want her to be a mentor like character we can visit for advice or whatever. If she is on the crew itself it's hopefully still as an NPC like Dr Chakwas etc
@CidSimp I get you, and I hope the same. I want her to be a mentor like character we can visit for advice or whatever. If she is on the crew itself it's hopefully still as an NPC like Dr Chakwas etc
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid exactly like Dr Chakwas. I don't thing Grunt would be in it, now that I think about it. Not everyone opened the tank, surprisingly.
@ShadowMermaid exactly like Dr Chakwas. I don't thing Grunt would be in it, now that I think about it. Not everyone opened the tank, surprisingly.
@CidSimp that's literally crazy for me to think about now that you mentioned it. That's my son, how could people not open the tank?? Haha
@CidSimp that's literally crazy for me to think about now that you mentioned it. That's my son, how could people not open the tank?? Haha
XsyYMAb.png
@ShadowMermaid he is son! Son who loves T-rexs. I'm so glad I'm not a game designer. I have no idea how you'd plan for every choice.
@ShadowMermaid he is son! Son who loves T-rexs. I'm so glad I'm not a game designer. I have no idea how you'd plan for every choice.
1 2 3 4