Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | 'Lore's Naming Service [PWYW]
1 2 3 4
[b]Lore's Naming Service[/b] Are you stuck trying to find a name for a dragon and randomization isn't helping or are you perhaps looking for a name with a little more meaningfulness? Or stuck trying to think of names for a pair of your dragons*? Or maybe you want something that will fit with the theme you've thought up for the dragon? Well, then you're in the right place. I like names and the meanings and history of names. And even more than that, I like helping others find names for their dragons or characters. [b]So how does this work?[/b] [LIST] [*]You'll send me a picture of your dragon, if they're a WIP please send the end result of how you've planned to have them look. Or in case that you're looking for pair names you send me the pair of them. [*]Tell me if you have a theme for them, a fighter, a Flight Rep, Demigod who is out for Revenge, or you want the name to have to do with something like flowers, it can be anything. [*]Don't fret if you don't quite have a thought-out theme, that's just something that can help me find names. [*]Let me know if you have a theme in your lair, like Norse mythology or something like a Warrior clan, that you want me to keep in mind. [*]You can also request names inspired by things like Fantasy or Whimsical - though many of these might not have any meanings or history. [/LIST] Then I'll DM you a handful of names 3-5, with meanings and often origin(or possible origin), and you're free to use or not use them. [i]*This can be both two names for the dragons or it can be a name you want to call your pair, for example breeding pair, though when it comes to this last thing I am quite new at it.[/i] [b]So what will this cost?[/b] Like with any service I'd of course like to be paid for it but seeing as I can't guarantee you'll find a name you want to use deciding on payments is hard. So I decided to start out with a "PWYW" (or maybe more like 'Tip Your Namer' ;) ) and you'll pay whatever you feel it was worth for you. [center] - / - / - / - / -[/center] My suggestions will follow the rules and policies already enforced in this game, to the best of my ablites. This means that I will not intentionally use obscene or vulgar language or: "[b]Discrimination & Hatred[/b] This includes but is not limited to content or links to content which promotes discrimination or hatred of or insultingly refers to: [LIST] [*]Any race, nation, or culture [*]Any aspect of sexual orientation or gender identity [*]Religions or religious figures [*]Real-world political figures [*]Physical or mental disabilities" [/LIST] Read more of the rules and polices about names, dragon and user, [url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004996723-Dragon-Usernames]here[/url]. [center] - / - / - / - / -[/center] [center][b]Customer reviews:[/b][/center] [b][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=274796]kijauni[/url][/b] While I was not actively searching for a name for my Spiral Man, when I stumpled upon (Une)Lores Names suggested for a different Dragon including the great background story and the meaning for the names, I felt that one name in particular felt especially fitting for my Dragon. Since I named my Spiral Man "Sini" he has been trained to 25 and outfitted, all this after me 1yr neglecting him. Also, the Name provided a good ground to base some Lore off [center] - / - / - / - / -[/center] [center][b]EXAMPLE[/b][/center] Cryptood sent this lady with "i'd kinda like her name to be something relating to flowers": [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45254025][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/452541/45254025_350.png[/img][/url][/center] My suggestions: [b]Aygül[/b] (Aygul, since FR doesn't allow all letters) -Derived from the Turkic element ay meaning "moon" combined with Persian ?? (gol) meaning "flower, rose". In some languages this is also a name for a variety of flowering plant that grows in central Asia (species Fritillaria eduardii). [b]Calanthe[/b] - From the name of a type of orchid, ultimately meaning "beautiful flower", derived from Greek καλ?ς (kalos) meaning "beautiful" and ?νθος (anthos) meaning "flower". [And I first thought of an orchid when I saw her and you mentioned you wanted it related to flowers] [b]Eirlys[/b] - Means "snowdrop (flower)" in Welsh. [b]Golnaz[/b] /[b] Nazgul[/b] - Derived from Persian ?? (gol) meaning "flower, rose" and ??? (naz) meaning "delight, comfort". [Most blue-ish colours makes me think of comfort] [b]Odtsetseg[/b] - Means "star flower" in Mongolian. She's now named Golnaz. And he also sent this dude, "no preference on his" [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44191774][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/441918/44191774_350.png[/img][/url][/center] My suggestions: [b]Milivoj[/b] - Derived from the Slavic elements milu "gracious" and voji "soldier". [b]Hjalmar[/b] - From the Old Norse name Hjálmarr meaning "helmeted warrior" from the element hjalmr "helmet" combined with arr "warrior". [As a Swede I'm gonna cheer extra for this one, "Hjälm" is the word we now use for helmet] [b]Murchadh[/b] - Derived from Gaelic muir "sea" and cadh "warrior". [b]Runar[/b] - Derived from the Old Norse elements rún "secret lore" and arr "warrior". This name did not exist in Old Norse, but was created in the modern era. ['Runa' is the word we use for runes] He is now named Runar
Lore's Naming Service

Are you stuck trying to find a name for a dragon and randomization isn't helping or are you perhaps looking for a name with a little more meaningfulness? Or stuck trying to think of names for a pair of your dragons*?
Or maybe you want something that will fit with the theme you've thought up for the dragon?

Well, then you're in the right place.

I like names and the meanings and history of names.
And even more than that, I like helping others find names for their dragons or characters.

So how does this work?
  • You'll send me a picture of your dragon, if they're a WIP please send the end result of how you've planned to have them look. Or in case that you're looking for pair names you send me the pair of them.
  • Tell me if you have a theme for them, a fighter, a Flight Rep, Demigod who is out for Revenge, or you want the name to have to do with something like flowers, it can be anything.
  • Don't fret if you don't quite have a thought-out theme, that's just something that can help me find names.
  • Let me know if you have a theme in your lair, like Norse mythology or something like a Warrior clan, that you want me to keep in mind.
  • You can also request names inspired by things like Fantasy or Whimsical - though many of these might not have any meanings or history.

Then I'll DM you a handful of names 3-5, with meanings and often origin(or possible origin), and you're free to use or not use them.

*This can be both two names for the dragons or it can be a name you want to call your pair, for example breeding pair, though when it comes to this last thing I am quite new at it.

So what will this cost?
Like with any service I'd of course like to be paid for it but seeing as I can't guarantee you'll find a name you want to use deciding on payments is hard.
So I decided to start out with a "PWYW" (or maybe more like 'Tip Your Namer' ;) ) and you'll pay whatever you feel it was worth for you.

- / - / - / - / -

My suggestions will follow the rules and policies already enforced in this game, to the best of my ablites.
This means that I will not intentionally use obscene or vulgar language or:

"Discrimination & Hatred
This includes but is not limited to content or links to content which promotes discrimination or hatred of or insultingly refers to:
  • Any race, nation, or culture
  • Any aspect of sexual orientation or gender identity
  • Religions or religious figures
  • Real-world political figures
  • Physical or mental disabilities"
Read more of the rules and polices about names, dragon and user, here.

- / - / - / - / -

Customer reviews:

kijauni
While I was not actively searching for a name for my Spiral Man, when I stumpled upon (Une)Lores Names suggested for a different Dragon including the great background story and the meaning for the names, I felt that one name in particular felt especially fitting for my Dragon. Since I named my Spiral Man "Sini" he has been trained to 25 and outfitted, all this after me 1yr neglecting him. Also, the Name provided a good ground to base some Lore off

- / - / - / - / -

EXAMPLE
Cryptood sent this lady with "i'd kinda like her name to be something relating to flowers":
45254025_350.png

My suggestions:
Aygül (Aygul, since FR doesn't allow all letters) -Derived from the Turkic element ay meaning "moon" combined with Persian ?? (gol) meaning "flower, rose". In some languages this is also a name for a variety of flowering plant that grows in central Asia (species Fritillaria eduardii).
Calanthe - From the name of a type of orchid, ultimately meaning "beautiful flower", derived from Greek καλ?ς (kalos) meaning "beautiful" and ?νθος (anthos) meaning "flower". [And I first thought of an orchid when I saw her and you mentioned you wanted it related to flowers]
Eirlys - Means "snowdrop (flower)" in Welsh.
Golnaz / Nazgul - Derived from Persian ?? (gol) meaning "flower, rose" and ??? (naz) meaning "delight, comfort". [Most blue-ish colours makes me think of comfort]
Odtsetseg - Means "star flower" in Mongolian.
She's now named Golnaz.

And he also sent this dude, "no preference on his"
44191774_350.png

My suggestions:
Milivoj - Derived from the Slavic elements milu "gracious" and voji "soldier".
Hjalmar - From the Old Norse name Hjálmarr meaning "helmeted warrior" from the element hjalmr "helmet" combined with arr "warrior". [As a Swede I'm gonna cheer extra for this one, "Hjälm" is the word we now use for helmet]
Murchadh - Derived from Gaelic muir "sea" and cadh "warrior".
Runar - Derived from the Old Norse elements rún "secret lore" and arr "warrior". This name did not exist in Old Norse, but was created in the modern era.
He is now named Runar
sQ35KLV.png
31QI5kR.pngRVCJPrX.png FR+9 Hours
@ZoranaDragon

Tagging myself for later. This seems very helpful.
@ZoranaDragon

Tagging myself for later. This seems very helpful.
PiAyg8i.png

A small flight banner, halve being fire and halve being wind.

Silver_Square.png
^ Fandragon ^
boop
boop
sQ35KLV.png
Boop
Boop
sQ35KLV.png
I'd love a name for any of these three! (you don't have to do all of them, just the ones you feel like.) Clan Theme: the clan's an interdimensional crossroads in my lore, so sort of a fantasy kitchen sink. The names are anything goes as well, I've currently got a mix of fantasy names, normal human names, and just... words. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67237021][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/672371/67237021_350.png[/img][/url] Theme: Some kind of supernatural entity, maybe a guardian spirit? Very calm and measured. He has a gijinka design in his bio if that helps you with the vibe. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65190575][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/651906/65190575_350.png[/img][/url] Theme: This one also has a gijinka in his bio. He's another spirit that crafts dreams for people, but he's a bit lazy about it. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64471442][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/644715/64471442_350.png[/img][/url] Theme: A name that's shadow-themed or related to something pretty-but-dangerous would be a good fit for him. No gijinka design, but has feral art and some personality notes in his bio.
I'd love a name for any of these three! (you don't have to do all of them, just the ones you feel like.)

Clan Theme: the clan's an interdimensional crossroads in my lore, so sort of a fantasy kitchen sink. The names are anything goes as well, I've currently got a mix of fantasy names, normal human names, and just... words.

67237021_350.png

Theme: Some kind of supernatural entity, maybe a guardian spirit? Very calm and measured. He has a gijinka design in his bio if that helps you with the vibe.

65190575_350.png

Theme: This one also has a gijinka in his bio. He's another spirit that crafts dreams for people, but he's a bit lazy about it.

64471442_350.png

Theme: A name that's shadow-themed or related to something pretty-but-dangerous would be a good fit for him. No gijinka design, but has feral art and some personality notes in his bio.
Lore Hatchery

Clan Lore
8qVENyl.png
@Unelore I'd love to get a name for this guy! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71535490][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/715355/71535490_350.png[/img][/url] I bought him spur of the moment when I saw the friend budgies were placed on male ridgebacks' noses hehe- Planning to collect as many animal apparel as I can to put on him! I'd like to imagine that he doesn't really know where they come from but he lets them stick around! The name examples you have in your main post are what I'm looking for! Perhaps something a little shorter/simpler would be amazing!
@Unelore

I'd love to get a name for this guy!

71535490_350.png

I bought him spur of the moment when I saw the friend budgies were placed on male ridgebacks' noses hehe-

Planning to collect as many animal apparel as I can to put on him! I'd like to imagine that he doesn't really know where they come from but he lets them stick around!

The name examples you have in your main post are what I'm looking for! Perhaps something a little shorter/simpler would be amazing!
74055311.png gYzuoZS.png
@Silver202 @Avmire Thanks for requesting my services. I'll send a DM once I have some names for both of you :)
@Silver202 @Avmire Thanks for requesting my services. I'll send a DM once I have some names for both of you :)
sQ35KLV.png
Here's my review! :) [quote]I needed a new name for my progen and couldn't come up with one after a few months, then I found this thread. After a little while, Unelore sent a reply with several name ideas. I was extremely impressed with not only the list that they came up with, but also how they included the origin of the word, the meaning, and why they came up with it. I finally settled with 'Yasen', which is by far better than his previous name (Banana)! I definitely recommend this service for your unnamed dragons, and I know that I'll be coming back as I collect more dragons :)[/quote]
Here's my review! :)
Quote:
I needed a new name for my progen and couldn't come up with one after a few months, then I found this thread. After a little while, Unelore sent a reply with several name ideas. I was extremely impressed with not only the list that they came up with, but also how they included the origin of the word, the meaning, and why they came up with it. I finally settled with 'Yasen', which is by far better than his previous name (Banana)! I definitely recommend this service for your unnamed dragons, and I know that I'll be coming back as I collect more dragons :)
Wishlist
Projects
Opal Moon Hatchery
Art Shop
Free hib den items
Make $$ Quickly
YouTube
Cute Dragon Adopts
CS
LorWolf
Kate
She/her - Minor
Would highly recommend this! The depth and background research done for each name is really something else, and the names suggested were those that fit perfectly into my lair! :D
Would highly recommend this! The depth and background research done for each name is really something else, and the names suggested were those that fit perfectly into my lair! :D
74055311.png gYzuoZS.png
@Unelore If i could get some help for this gal, that would be fabulous! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70056152][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/700562/70056152_350.png[/img][/url] Something fall related? Harvest witch? Something in that vein if possible
@Unelore
If i could get some help for this gal, that would be fabulous!
70056152_350.png
Something fall related? Harvest witch? Something in that vein if possible

Looking for:
Accent: FLAME REBORN

1 2 3 4