Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Help with selling
Hey, I wasn't sure where to post this but I needed help so I figured it would fit in the help center.

I'm struggling to sell my UMAs, now I know that's sort of a stupid thing to ask for help with since I just need to be patient, but that's not exactly what I'm asking. I'm not the best at explaining but hopefully I can figure something out.

Basically, about a month ago I spent a good few hours making an accent. Beforehand I even asked other people what would sell quickly, like what breed and what theme. I took them all and created something I thought people would like.
It took over 2 weeks to be submitted (it got denied the first time) and so then I began selling them. I priced them pretty high, over 600g/kt at first because it was hand drawn and took a long time. Reasonable price.
After trying to sell them for a little over a week, nothing sold and I brought down the price to the lowest a UMA could go for. 300g/kt. I'm not happy about the price at all and prefer to make it higher but after a few weeks, up until now, only one has been sold and that was one I put on the AH.

TL;DR - I can't sell my UMA that I've worked pretty hard on, and have been patient. I need tips on what to do, how to advertise or how to sell it. I don't want to have to stick to the lowest it can go, because I don't feel like my art is worth that little, no matter what others think. Please help me if you can, and thank you so much. <3
Hey, I wasn't sure where to post this but I needed help so I figured it would fit in the help center.

I'm struggling to sell my UMAs, now I know that's sort of a stupid thing to ask for help with since I just need to be patient, but that's not exactly what I'm asking. I'm not the best at explaining but hopefully I can figure something out.

Basically, about a month ago I spent a good few hours making an accent. Beforehand I even asked other people what would sell quickly, like what breed and what theme. I took them all and created something I thought people would like.
It took over 2 weeks to be submitted (it got denied the first time) and so then I began selling them. I priced them pretty high, over 600g/kt at first because it was hand drawn and took a long time. Reasonable price.
After trying to sell them for a little over a week, nothing sold and I brought down the price to the lowest a UMA could go for. 300g/kt. I'm not happy about the price at all and prefer to make it higher but after a few weeks, up until now, only one has been sold and that was one I put on the AH.

TL;DR - I can't sell my UMA that I've worked pretty hard on, and have been patient. I need tips on what to do, how to advertise or how to sell it. I don't want to have to stick to the lowest it can go, because I don't feel like my art is worth that little, no matter what others think. Please help me if you can, and thank you so much. <3
@Beckh0und Advertise. People don't buy what they don't see. Start again at either 600g/500g and put up at least 2 copies in the AH for browsers. Post the skin in your signature and clan bio. Edit your [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3320260/1#post_3320260]sales post[/url] with the new price and instead of using the skin image and a link to the Game Database use the skin code so people can immediately check to see how it looks on their dragons: [code][skin=skin id][/code]. Why? People are lazy and it's easier for them to click on the skin and get the pop-up that allows previews. Include a link in all places to the AH search for your skin. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/skins?itemname=admiring+flowers&nocollapse=1&collapse=1]Buy Now![/url]. Get a pinglist from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3286613#post_3286613]GASP[/url] for people interested in that type of skin (breed/gender/color/theme). Please read the rules about pinging! Once you've done all that it's back to bumping your skin thread every so often. You can also delete your bump posts to keep the thread tidy.
@Beckh0und

Advertise. People don't buy what they don't see.

Start again at either 600g/500g and put up at least 2 copies in the AH for browsers.

Post the skin in your signature and clan bio.

Edit your sales post with the new price and instead of using the skin image and a link to the Game Database use the skin code so people can immediately check to see how it looks on their dragons:
Code:
[skin=skin id]

Why? People are lazy and it's easier for them to click on the skin and get the pop-up that allows previews.

Include a link in all places to the AH search for your skin. Buy Now!.

Get a pinglist from GASP for people interested in that type of skin (breed/gender/color/theme). Please read the rules about pinging!

Once you've done all that it's back to bumping your skin thread every so often. You can also delete your bump posts to keep the thread tidy.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind Thank you so much this helps a lot! I appreciate it <3
@Nightwind Thank you so much this helps a lot! I appreciate it <3
@Nightwind Hey I hope you don't mind me pinging you. I was just curious on if you had anymore tips. You've helped me a lot with the tips you've already given, although it worked for only a short amount of time and I can't seem to sell anything else now, including things aside from UMAs. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, I'm bumping pretty regularly.

Sorry to bother, tysm! <3
@Nightwind Hey I hope you don't mind me pinging you. I was just curious on if you had anymore tips. You've helped me a lot with the tips you've already given, although it worked for only a short amount of time and I can't seem to sell anything else now, including things aside from UMAs. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, I'm bumping pretty regularly.

Sorry to bother, tysm! <3
@Beckh0und No worries; this is fairly easy since I know what you've been doing. Advice: Rename "Help w/ projects" to "Items for Sale" or anything else that doesn't sound like you're looking for donations. Price your stuff in your sales thread and put links to the AH search (yes, put them in the AH if you haven't already). Buyers are lazy and many don't want to post back and forth to figure out prices and make arrangements to buy. Coding should look something like this: [code][columns][skin=ID] [url=AH search for item]Price in treasure/gems[/url] [nextcol][item=item name] [url=AH search for item]Price in treasure/gems[/url] [/columns][/code] Put up more stuff to sell. Most of the stuff you're looking for is far more expensive than what you're selling. Your list of things you want is around 5,000g. You might also look into the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014]Data-based Earning Guide[/url] and the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3046364#post_3046364]Updated leveling Guide[/url]. If you are following a guide for leveling, what is it? There's some guide out there that keeps telling people to get AGI to 12 and it is wrong. I'd like to know what it is so I can warn people about it.
@Beckh0und

No worries; this is fairly easy since I know what you've been doing. Advice:

Rename "Help w/ projects" to "Items for Sale" or anything else that doesn't sound like you're looking for donations.

Price your stuff in your sales thread and put links to the AH search (yes, put them in the AH if you haven't already). Buyers are lazy and many don't want to post back and forth to figure out prices and make arrangements to buy.

Coding should look something like this:
Code:
[columns][skin=ID] [url=AH search for item]Price in treasure/gems[/url] [nextcol][item=item name] [url=AH search for item]Price in treasure/gems[/url] [/columns]

Put up more stuff to sell. Most of the stuff you're looking for is far more expensive than what you're selling. Your list of things you want is around 5,000g.

You might also look into the Data-based Earning Guide and the Updated leveling Guide.

If you are following a guide for leveling, what is it? There's some guide out there that keeps telling people to get AGI to 12 and it is wrong. I'd like to know what it is so I can warn people about it.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind Tysm! I currently am not following any guides atm.
Do you want me to sell the items for gems so I could be closer to affording the proj items I want? I always hesitated doing this cause I was worried I still wouldn't be able to get my project items for awhile afterwards.

Another thing, I'm selling art as well and I'm currently asking for the same project items, but I'm not getting any business from that. Is there a reason why?
I'm also selling my UMAs for the same items, obviously I am very desperate to get them lmao, but that's not selling either. I understand some things are definitely priced more than what I'm selling my art & UMAs for, but I'm willing to at least try.

Edit: Please lmk if you see any issue in my posts. I'm not asking you to look through them, but if you do then I'd like to know what links I need to change among other things!
@Nightwind Tysm! I currently am not following any guides atm.
Do you want me to sell the items for gems so I could be closer to affording the proj items I want? I always hesitated doing this cause I was worried I still wouldn't be able to get my project items for awhile afterwards.

Another thing, I'm selling art as well and I'm currently asking for the same project items, but I'm not getting any business from that. Is there a reason why?
I'm also selling my UMAs for the same items, obviously I am very desperate to get them lmao, but that's not selling either. I understand some things are definitely priced more than what I'm selling my art & UMAs for, but I'm willing to at least try.

Edit: Please lmk if you see any issue in my posts. I'm not asking you to look through them, but if you do then I'd like to know what links I need to change among other things!
@Beckh0und

In that case, yes, switch up to following the guide I linked to because right now your L4 dragons are hitting like L2 dragons and it only gets worse. Scorched Forest will be virtually impossible or else will take 3x as long as it would with more optimized stats.

Notice how the various items you're selling don't line up well with what you want? Humans invented money because it's fungible--all money is the same no matter where you get it from. Only trading items means trying to find someone who needs your exact thing/s and has your exact want in the amounts that equal each other. This is unlikely. Knowing that what you are trading is worth significantly less than what you are receiving is sketchy and gives you a bad reputation.

To get the stuff you want selling your stuff for money is less effort and more efficient.

Art sales...The only link I see is in your Items for Sale thread and your profile where it gets a bit lost in the other links. Add it to your signature!

Art sale thread advice:

1. Remove LF PROJ ITEMS and replace with "trades welcome." [O] isn't necessary either.

2. Never talk yourself down. Remove "I do not do professional work, yet."
Remove the paragraph starting with "IMPORTANT!" and ends with "real money."

You are an artist and that's a skill years in the making. Never talk yourself down when you're trying to sell your skill. Nobody needs to know you haven't been paid RL money, either.

Possibly replace "If you think my art is worth more than this...price" with "tips accepted."

3. Under "Allowed" be aware that blood/gore/body horror must be acceptable by FR rules.

@Beckh0und

In that case, yes, switch up to following the guide I linked to because right now your L4 dragons are hitting like L2 dragons and it only gets worse. Scorched Forest will be virtually impossible or else will take 3x as long as it would with more optimized stats.

Notice how the various items you're selling don't line up well with what you want? Humans invented money because it's fungible--all money is the same no matter where you get it from. Only trading items means trying to find someone who needs your exact thing/s and has your exact want in the amounts that equal each other. This is unlikely. Knowing that what you are trading is worth significantly less than what you are receiving is sketchy and gives you a bad reputation.

To get the stuff you want selling your stuff for money is less effort and more efficient.

Art sales...The only link I see is in your Items for Sale thread and your profile where it gets a bit lost in the other links. Add it to your signature!

Art sale thread advice:

1. Remove LF PROJ ITEMS and replace with "trades welcome." [O] isn't necessary either.

2. Never talk yourself down. Remove "I do not do professional work, yet."
Remove the paragraph starting with "IMPORTANT!" and ends with "real money."

You are an artist and that's a skill years in the making. Never talk yourself down when you're trying to sell your skill. Nobody needs to know you haven't been paid RL money, either.

Possibly replace "If you think my art is worth more than this...price" with "tips accepted."

3. Under "Allowed" be aware that blood/gore/body horror must be acceptable by FR rules.

@Nightwind Tysm!!! <3 Can I come back to you if I have anymore issues..?

Also I'm not really good at Coli, I just started it so Idk a lot of things about it but ty for helping me! <3
@Nightwind Tysm!!! <3 Can I come back to you if I have anymore issues..?

Also I'm not really good at Coli, I just started it so Idk a lot of things about it but ty for helping me! <3
@Beckh0und

Sure!

The updated leveling guide I linked above has a strategy section for the first few levels.
@Beckh0und

Sure!

The updated leveling guide I linked above has a strategy section for the first few levels.