Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Got Some Hatchery Advice?
i should've made a post like this a long time ago but over time I've gotten more dragons in my lair and switching up a few pairs here and there and made a lot of treasure.

but recently I've been wanting to get into the hatchery, pair some of my current old dragons with other dragons and put some away in storage or sell them to good homes

i would say the only good pairs i have at the moment is my Noble Bogsneaks and my two Snap Pearl pairings (Oasis & Eira) but everything else feels disorganized or doesn't have an identity

which is another thing i wanted to do for a hatchery is make artwork, art of my dragons, write a fun little backstory on some of them, some lore, especially for my guardian family etc., though feels daunting considering my community art stuff is focused on World of Warcraft tho i can draw dragons and creatures.

any advice or tips anyone could share?

i should've made a post like this a long time ago but over time I've gotten more dragons in my lair and switching up a few pairs here and there and made a lot of treasure.

but recently I've been wanting to get into the hatchery, pair some of my current old dragons with other dragons and put some away in storage or sell them to good homes

i would say the only good pairs i have at the moment is my Noble Bogsneaks and my two Snap Pearl pairings (Oasis & Eira) but everything else feels disorganized or doesn't have an identity

which is another thing i wanted to do for a hatchery is make artwork, art of my dragons, write a fun little backstory on some of them, some lore, especially for my guardian family etc., though feels daunting considering my community art stuff is focused on World of Warcraft tho i can draw dragons and creatures.

any advice or tips anyone could share?

@HowlingHearts

First, take a look at this guide:

icyfuzz's Guide

I'm going to assume that by "good homes" you mean "people who will house and feed dragons I sell them forever." While it's possible it's also highly unlikely. Lair space is limited and dragons never die and can breed forever. If your intention is that you will sell every dragon you breed you will need to only breed on demand.

Second, take a look at this post on dragon selling points which includes links to help you find buyers. Check under "Aesthetic resources" for buyers looking for arts/lore.

Finally, take a look at Dragons for Sale to see what sort of hatchery layouts appeal to you. Crowe's BBCoding Guide should also help.

Don't forget to tell buyers to save the artwork! Unless you want to be hosting it forever it's best that the buyer upload it to their own image host. Discord users are currently finding out that Discord has discontinued formatting image links so they can be used off-site. DeviantArt/st.ash did that years ago.

Good luck selling!
@HowlingHearts

First, take a look at this guide:

icyfuzz's Guide

I'm going to assume that by "good homes" you mean "people who will house and feed dragons I sell them forever." While it's possible it's also highly unlikely. Lair space is limited and dragons never die and can breed forever. If your intention is that you will sell every dragon you breed you will need to only breed on demand.

Second, take a look at this post on dragon selling points which includes links to help you find buyers. Check under "Aesthetic resources" for buyers looking for arts/lore.

Finally, take a look at Dragons for Sale to see what sort of hatchery layouts appeal to you. Crowe's BBCoding Guide should also help.

Don't forget to tell buyers to save the artwork! Unless you want to be hosting it forever it's best that the buyer upload it to their own image host. Discord users are currently finding out that Discord has discontinued formatting image links so they can be used off-site. DeviantArt/st.ash did that years ago.

Good luck selling!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?