Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Confused about coliseum
Heyo, so right now I'm using the "How to Train Your Dragon" guide for grinding in coli. Since someone gave me a level 10 dragon it is easy to grind in lower areas for loot. But my dragons do not get EXP because the level 10 dragon is higher level than those areas.

When i grind in the level 9-10 area the dragons get down to 0 health super fast because the enemies are really strong. The guide says to add an eliminate at level 7 but I don't have one because they're rare and really expensive. What do I do?

Also should I change to an Arcane dragon for my team? I've heard arcane dragons do better in the Mire.
Heyo, so right now I'm using the "How to Train Your Dragon" guide for grinding in coli. Since someone gave me a level 10 dragon it is easy to grind in lower areas for loot. But my dragons do not get EXP because the level 10 dragon is higher level than those areas.

When i grind in the level 9-10 area the dragons get down to 0 health super fast because the enemies are really strong. The guide says to add an eliminate at level 7 but I don't have one because they're rare and really expensive. What do I do?

Also should I change to an Arcane dragon for my team? I've heard arcane dragons do better in the Mire.
@FeatherHibiscus
for starters, contuse won't help that dragon too much if they're a physical attacker since its damage is based on intellect rather then strength, so you can switch it out with another physical move like sap or slash (or elim)
it also seems like they're short a lot of stat points right now, so you may want to throw on some more strength, quickness or vitality if possible (mostly strength)

as for eliminate, you can technically go on without it for a while but battles will be considerably slower. if you cap fairgrounds for a week or so you should be able to afford it, here's a bunch of G&G guides to make it a bit faster or you can wait until you get a lucky drop. if you do decide to carry on without it you may want to look through the sedona guide

when it comes to element, light overall doesn't seem that good for training venues but it might still be workable somewhere if you really want to keep that dragon as a trainer
@FeatherHibiscus
for starters, contuse won't help that dragon too much if they're a physical attacker since its damage is based on intellect rather then strength, so you can switch it out with another physical move like sap or slash (or elim)
it also seems like they're short a lot of stat points right now, so you may want to throw on some more strength, quickness or vitality if possible (mostly strength)

as for eliminate, you can technically go on without it for a while but battles will be considerably slower. if you cap fairgrounds for a week or so you should be able to afford it, here's a bunch of G&G guides to make it a bit faster or you can wait until you get a lucky drop. if you do decide to carry on without it you may want to look through the sedona guide

when it comes to element, light overall doesn't seem that good for training venues but it might still be workable somewhere if you really want to keep that dragon as a trainer
unknown.png
you might be able to ask your in flight forums if they have a newbie program or something similar. sometimes they give out free battle stones there or let you borrow lv25s to train your own dragons with. arcane dragons do slightly better in the mire but if you would rather train up your favs as a new player then do that instead. more sentimental value!

i wish i had saved the first dragons i had trained. unfortunately, i was dumb and exalted one, sold the other for cheap, and then gave away the third >.>
you might be able to ask your in flight forums if they have a newbie program or something similar. sometimes they give out free battle stones there or let you borrow lv25s to train your own dragons with. arcane dragons do slightly better in the mire but if you would rather train up your favs as a new player then do that instead. more sentimental value!

i wish i had saved the first dragons i had trained. unfortunately, i was dumb and exalted one, sold the other for cheap, and then gave away the third >.>
act
imp inthusiast
he/him
please ping on reply
Wq7yxTc.gif
exchange
Nearku%2527s%2BDya.png
hatchbannersmall.png
@FeatherHibiscus
Keep your team even!

You're at an evident disadvantage at the venues the Level 10 still gives EXP in, but you can't farm in the lower venues because you don't get EXP. You should raise a team together at the same time. Take the other two dragons on the team and put a third that is on their level with them and start from scratch.

Getting an Eliminate is definitely a problem, especially as the lower level venues don't have a chance to drop them. You can look in your flight's forums to see if they have any newbie Coliseum programs that can help you get your hands on an Eliminate. Otherwise, you'll have to manage your money well enough to buy one (which may seem like a terrible cost, but they pay for themselves very quickly). It's pretty easy to get money outside of Coliseum by maxing out your Fairgrounds Lucky Streak with Glimmer & Gloom, so you could theoretically get enough treasure to purchase an Eliminate in a few days while you level your team high enough for them to use it.

If you want to train and exalt fodder in the future, you should add an Arcane dragon to your team! Arcane is the best element for a two-fodder trainer in Mire.
@FeatherHibiscus
Keep your team even!

You're at an evident disadvantage at the venues the Level 10 still gives EXP in, but you can't farm in the lower venues because you don't get EXP. You should raise a team together at the same time. Take the other two dragons on the team and put a third that is on their level with them and start from scratch.

Getting an Eliminate is definitely a problem, especially as the lower level venues don't have a chance to drop them. You can look in your flight's forums to see if they have any newbie Coliseum programs that can help you get your hands on an Eliminate. Otherwise, you'll have to manage your money well enough to buy one (which may seem like a terrible cost, but they pay for themselves very quickly). It's pretty easy to get money outside of Coliseum by maxing out your Fairgrounds Lucky Streak with Glimmer & Gloom, so you could theoretically get enough treasure to purchase an Eliminate in a few days while you level your team high enough for them to use it.

If you want to train and exalt fodder in the future, you should add an Arcane dragon to your team! Arcane is the best element for a two-fodder trainer in Mire.
fo11Vhp.png
@SkyBlaze Contuse is only there b/c coatls have it by default, I'll replace it later. Also, that sedona guide seems interesting, I'll check it out!

@Naeryl Glimmer & Gloom is hard ;-; I've heard it produces good money tho, so I should learn how to play it :D
@SkyBlaze Contuse is only there b/c coatls have it by default, I'll replace it later. Also, that sedona guide seems interesting, I'll check it out!

@Naeryl Glimmer & Gloom is hard ;-; I've heard it produces good money tho, so I should learn how to play it :D
@FeatherHibiscus
Maybe this guide can help? <3
@FeatherHibiscus
Maybe this guide can help? <3
fo11Vhp.png
@Naeryl Thank you! I'll look into it. As of right now, I have 87kt and 84 gems. (Yesterday someone gave me 100kt and 100 gems, and I've spent some of it) Eliminates cost about 200kt, so I'd need to save up a lot xD
@Naeryl Thank you! I'll look into it. As of right now, I have 87kt and 84 gems. (Yesterday someone gave me 100kt and 100 gems, and I've spent some of it) Eliminates cost about 200kt, so I'd need to save up a lot xD
@FeatherHibiscus
Ah, to be a newbie in this day and age...back in my day they were 300kt/300g, and at some point between then and now they were upwards of 600kt/600g. :P I wish you good luck on your Coliseum journey!
@FeatherHibiscus
Ah, to be a newbie in this day and age...back in my day they were 300kt/300g, and at some point between then and now they were upwards of 600kt/600g. :P I wish you good luck on your Coliseum journey!
fo11Vhp.png