Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How do I get this achievement reward?
I don't know if anyone will believe this, but at some point ages ago I found a Guardian Foo for fodder price on the AH. This was before I knew about it being a Fiona fam (it really WAS a while ago), but I grabbed it because it was pretty, blue, and I didn't have one yet. And while that's kinda awesome and technically means I don't have to complete the achievements tied to it to get it... this happened. [img]https://i.imgur.com/orrNlY6.png[/img] Because it's completed, I'm worried even when I get those two to Loyal, I won't be able to get my gems and treasure! This is even more so because I CAN'T find the achievement in my in-progress ones, it only shows up in the "list of all of them" with another actually completed one (the Ruffled Serpent one which I actually got.) I know it seems like a silly tiny amount to quibble over, but when you're budgeting to try and afford every non-Light Sprite non-KS familiar in the game, every penny counts, and I want what I earn. Is there a way to get this achievement/the money from it or am I just doomed? I know the easy answer is to give away the Guardian Foo until I hit Loyal with those two, but.... I don't know if I'd trust that I would get it back. [s]If folks run off with rental dragons enough for there to be a rule about it, I definitely ain't boarding a Fiona fam[/s]
I don't know if anyone will believe this, but at some point ages ago I found a Guardian Foo for fodder price on the AH. This was before I knew about it being a Fiona fam (it really WAS a while ago), but I grabbed it because it was pretty, blue, and I didn't have one yet.

And while that's kinda awesome and technically means I don't have to complete the achievements tied to it to get it... this happened.
orrNlY6.png

Because it's completed, I'm worried even when I get those two to Loyal, I won't be able to get my gems and treasure! This is even more so because I CAN'T find the achievement in my in-progress ones, it only shows up in the "list of all of them" with another actually completed one (the Ruffled Serpent one which I actually got.)

I know it seems like a silly tiny amount to quibble over, but when you're budgeting to try and afford every non-Light Sprite non-KS familiar in the game, every penny counts, and I want what I earn. Is there a way to get this achievement/the money from it or am I just doomed?

I know the easy answer is to give away the Guardian Foo until I hit Loyal with those two, but.... I don't know if I'd trust that I would get it back. If folks run off with rental dragons enough for there to be a rule about it, I definitely ain't boarding a Fiona fam
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
@Cassofish

I'm not sure I see the problem. Ownership isn't tied to receiving the reward familiars. You would ordinarily receive the reward for completing it.

That said, I don't know if you actually bought the familiar from the AH. It looks like the devs corrected the task to finally be at the awakened level, and flagged it to still be completed. That means you've already received the treasure, gems, and reward familiar at the tolerant level, and correctly should not and will not receive them again.

The feat was at the wrong bond level since implemention.

Edit: Post with older image showing the finished task reading Tolerant
@Cassofish

I'm not sure I see the problem. Ownership isn't tied to receiving the reward familiars. You would ordinarily receive the reward for completing it.

That said, I don't know if you actually bought the familiar from the AH. It looks like the devs corrected the task to finally be at the awakened level, and flagged it to still be completed. That means you've already received the treasure, gems, and reward familiar at the tolerant level, and correctly should not and will not receive them again.

The feat was at the wrong bond level since implemention.

Edit: Post with older image showing the finished task reading Tolerant
@Dagomor I was worried that if each person is only allowed to have one of the recolors, that it wouldn't give me the money reward if I already had the familiar part of it, but since I had the fam already I just wanted to make sure I'd get the gems/etc. If that's the case, I might've totally not even known I got it from there! I could've sworn I bought it off of AH since when I'd bond with it I kept thinking "I don't think they knew it was a special fam when they sold it" but I might be wrong, I have an awful memory. That's really bizarre about the bug, but thanks for letting me know! I thought I was getting scammed outta a whole [i]three[/i] gems right there. [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
@Dagomor

I was worried that if each person is only allowed to have one of the recolors, that it wouldn't give me the money reward if I already had the familiar part of it, but since I had the fam already I just wanted to make sure I'd get the gems/etc.

If that's the case, I might've totally not even known I got it from there! I could've sworn I bought it off of AH since when I'd bond with it I kept thinking "I don't think they knew it was a special fam when they sold it" but I might be wrong, I have an awful memory. That's really bizarre about the bug, but thanks for letting me know! I thought I was getting scammed outta a whole three gems right there.
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
@Cassofish

This one has been confusing people for months, so don't feel alone on it, and this is the first I've been aware of what looks like a fix. Without being told, it looks really weird to have a completed achievement while lacking the requirements. The devs might tack on a change log note to the next update.

And to stress, I don't know what actually happened for you. Maybe you did buy and then sell the blue foo. I'm operating off of likelihoods and guesswork.

Edit: Retroactive correction, was running too many scenarios through my head
@Cassofish

This one has been confusing people for months, so don't feel alone on it, and this is the first I've been aware of what looks like a fix. Without being told, it looks really weird to have a completed achievement while lacking the requirements. The devs might tack on a change log note to the next update.

And to stress, I don't know what actually happened for you. Maybe you did buy and then sell the blue foo. I'm operating off of likelihoods and guesswork.

Edit: Retroactive correction, was running too many scenarios through my head
@Dagomor

I did some searching after what you showed me and you're right, a ton of people were confused.

And I still have it actually! I never sold it, that's why I was worried - I thought by owning a copy of the Fiona fam, it'd "close" the achievement without awarding anything and that's why it was marked completed. But it's probably like you said and I was awarded everything except the fam or something?? Or maybe I didn't buy it at all and I'm delusional because I'm sleep-deprived and busy. xD
@Dagomor

I did some searching after what you showed me and you're right, a ton of people were confused.

And I still have it actually! I never sold it, that's why I was worried - I thought by owning a copy of the Fiona fam, it'd "close" the achievement without awarding anything and that's why it was marked completed. But it's probably like you said and I was awarded everything except the fam or something?? Or maybe I didn't buy it at all and I'm delusional because I'm sleep-deprived and busy. xD
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png