Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to earn skins?
I found this skin on the action house:

It fits one of my dragons perfectly, but I was wondering if there's a way to get this skin without buying through playing or other gameplay mechanics? I don't have a lot of money so it would be great if I can get it through a minigame or something

Edit: Thank you all for your answers. It sucks these skins are only obtainable through limited festivals, but someone very kind sent me this skin through PM! At least I'll have something to work towards in the future with getting other skins
I found this skin on the action house:

It fits one of my dragons perfectly, but I was wondering if there's a way to get this skin without buying through playing or other gameplay mechanics? I don't have a lot of money so it would be great if I can get it through a minigame or something

Edit: Thank you all for your answers. It sucks these skins are only obtainable through limited festivals, but someone very kind sent me this skin through PM! At least I'll have something to work towards in the future with getting other skins
@Katarakt festival skins are available in marketplace, baldwin and as coliseum loot, but only during that specific festival. after the festival is over, skins can be obtained only through buying them from other players, extremely rare drop from joxar's chest, and sometimes extremely rarely as prize from roundsey. they wont return next year because there is new skins every year.

also for future reference if you want to know how item is obtained, you can look them up from game database:
https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/26922
@Katarakt festival skins are available in marketplace, baldwin and as coliseum loot, but only during that specific festival. after the festival is over, skins can be obtained only through buying them from other players, extremely rare drop from joxar's chest, and sometimes extremely rarely as prize from roundsey. they wont return next year because there is new skins every year.

also for future reference if you want to know how item is obtained, you can look them up from game database:
https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/26922
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Katarakt Unfortunately no. That's a festival skin from the Brightshine Jubilee, the Light flight element holiday. During that fest in June 2018, it would have come from chests found in the Coliseum or purchasable from the Skins section in the Marketplace, the flight holidays are the only time the MP has skins, these are created by users for the skin contest of each holiday and the winners are offered for sale and put in chest items.

Skins can be found from Coliseum crates occasionally dropped by enemies, some are traded for at Swipp's, and during the element holidays two skins that won that month's skin contest will be brewable at Baldwin. Of course, the site also has a thriving market in user-made skins and accents.
@Katarakt Unfortunately no. That's a festival skin from the Brightshine Jubilee, the Light flight element holiday. During that fest in June 2018, it would have come from chests found in the Coliseum or purchasable from the Skins section in the Marketplace, the flight holidays are the only time the MP has skins, these are created by users for the skin contest of each holiday and the winners are offered for sale and put in chest items.

Skins can be found from Coliseum crates occasionally dropped by enemies, some are traded for at Swipp's, and during the element holidays two skins that won that month's skin contest will be brewable at Baldwin. Of course, the site also has a thriving market in user-made skins and accents.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
@Katarakt
Tldr; No there isn't.

If you were here during the 2018 light festival and it was a Baldwin or a chest skin then yes, but now it only exists in player hoard and in Joxar's Spare Inventory crates. Those cost 80kt and have a small chance of giving you a skin as an extra item, and a tiny chance of it being that particular skin.

As is, that skin costs less than a day's worth of Fairgrounds. Treasure is easy to come by in FR, and you can trade with other players for gems in the Item Sales forum.

Glimmer and Gloom is the fastest way to hit the 75kt cap, and there's a general moneymaking guide here:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014/1

Note that it's wrong about one thing - Hard is faster than Very Hard on G&G.
@Katarakt
Tldr; No there isn't.

If you were here during the 2018 light festival and it was a Baldwin or a chest skin then yes, but now it only exists in player hoard and in Joxar's Spare Inventory crates. Those cost 80kt and have a small chance of giving you a skin as an extra item, and a tiny chance of it being that particular skin.

As is, that skin costs less than a day's worth of Fairgrounds. Treasure is easy to come by in FR, and you can trade with other players for gems in the Item Sales forum.

Glimmer and Gloom is the fastest way to hit the 75kt cap, and there's a general moneymaking guide here:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014/1

Note that it's wrong about one thing - Hard is faster than Very Hard on G&G.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Katarakt
it is possible to get it from joxar's Spare Inventory Crate, but it's very rare considering how many other items you can get from it
I'm also going to add that currently the skin is cheaper then those crates, so you're probably better off buying it

edit: ninja'd
@Katarakt
it is possible to get it from joxar's Spare Inventory Crate, but it's very rare considering how many other items you can get from it
I'm also going to add that currently the skin is cheaper then those crates, so you're probably better off buying it

edit: ninja'd
unknown.png
thank you all for youre answers
thank you all for youre answers
@AerisTheSnake a heads up: this thread is from 4 years ago, and some of the information is outdated.

elemental festival skins cannot be purchased from marketplace anymore, and can only be purchased from festive favor shop in grand exchange during elemental festivals.
@AerisTheSnake a heads up: this thread is from 4 years ago, and some of the information is outdated.

elemental festival skins cannot be purchased from marketplace anymore, and can only be purchased from festive favor shop in grand exchange during elemental festivals.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
I have a question. You know this skin? How do you obtain it?
I have a question. You know this skin? How do you obtain it?
PyroManiac [she/girl/her]
@pyromaniac12
this is an old thread; it's better to create a new thread than to revive an old thread when asking for help, that increases the odds of your question being seen.

to learn how to obtain any item, you can check the Game Database (be sure to check the comments as well, as those usually have more information). here's the page for the skin you're asking about:
https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/3864
it looks like it's a player-made item, which means the only way to obtain it would be from other players. sadly, there are none on the AH and it looks like the player who made it hasn't been online in a long time.
@pyromaniac12
this is an old thread; it's better to create a new thread than to revive an old thread when asking for help, that increases the odds of your question being seen.

to learn how to obtain any item, you can check the Game Database (be sure to check the comments as well, as those usually have more information). here's the page for the skin you're asking about:
https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/3864
it looks like it's a player-made item, which means the only way to obtain it would be from other players. sadly, there are none on the AH and it looks like the player who made it hasn't been online in a long time.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Oh... thats sad. Thanks anyway!
Oh... thats sad. Thanks anyway!
PyroManiac [she/girl/her]