Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to train up 1 derg using 2 w/ elim?
1 2
I want to train one dragon quickly, but I forget which venue is best to use. I haven't battled in a long time....

I peeked at Culex's guide, but didn't see it in there.
I want to train one dragon quickly, but I forget which venue is best to use. I haven't battled in a long time....

I peeked at Culex's guide, but didn't see it in there.
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk

Depending on your two elim dragons, it will be different. Are they level 25? Fully statted? What are their stats or builds?
@Skylurk

Depending on your two elim dragons, it will be different. Are they level 25? Fully statted? What are their stats or builds?
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@SeaCrest

Hello! They are all level 25s with elim.

Chomps is fully stoned level 25 and has scratch, rally, elim, sap, haste, with berserkers, and ambushes. I guess this one is good to make exalt money and level up 2 untrained dragons?

Mathias is not fully stoned, but he has elim. He is level 25 with scratch, shred (which i'm not sure i need), elim (then two blank spots) then has the berserkers and ambush. I could add rally, sap, and haste to him. I think I have them.

And these are both fully statted! =)

The other level 25s I have don't have elim.
@SeaCrest

Hello! They are all level 25s with elim.

Chomps is fully stoned level 25 and has scratch, rally, elim, sap, haste, with berserkers, and ambushes. I guess this one is good to make exalt money and level up 2 untrained dragons?

Mathias is not fully stoned, but he has elim. He is level 25 with scratch, shred (which i'm not sure i need), elim (then two blank spots) then has the berserkers and ambush. I could add rally, sap, and haste to him. I think I have them.

And these are both fully statted! =)

The other level 25s I have don't have elim.
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk

Hm. Looking in your lair and assuming you don't have any dragons with the same names, Chomps is what you call a Mire Flyer, Culex edition, since he has 117 STR and 70 QCK. He honestly would be capable of leveling two dragons at once - for me, I put one "perma" in my team to train to whatever level I want, and then I rotate fodder dragons for the third spot so I can earn some money while training my other dragon. It takes longer, but is my preferred method. If you're wanting to train up your one dragon AND eventually buy it an Eliminate, maybe consider this method?

Mathias looks like a different build than I'm familiar with - a Kiena build, according to this guide. Still, it should function much like the Culex Glass Cannon build, so hopefully my advice still works for you.

Since you have two dragons with different stat distributions, your process isn't going to be as clean (read: the pattern will be slightly different) as a leveling team of two glass cannons with the same build. Based on my own experiences, a Mire Flyer isn't going to do too hot in the Kelp Beds (where you would get the EXP Bonus), so I would recommend leveling in the Mire. It should go pretty fast for you with two L25s, even if Mathias might not be as fast as Chomps. You'll want to make sure you have all the ambushes you can add to Chomps and Mathias, to make sure you get in as many hits as you can initially. With two of them, Scratch + Eliminate is probably faster than trying to Rally and then Eliminate!

You'll want to stay in as high a venue as you dare - the lower the venue level, the lower the EXP payout. The key is finding a balance between being able to stick around for a lot of battles (so you don't lose your Breath resetting a lot) and still being able to gain EXP.

Hope that helps, after lunch I could give it a test run with my own Mire Flyer and glass cannons if you want! Otherwise, good luck!
@Skylurk

Hm. Looking in your lair and assuming you don't have any dragons with the same names, Chomps is what you call a Mire Flyer, Culex edition, since he has 117 STR and 70 QCK. He honestly would be capable of leveling two dragons at once - for me, I put one "perma" in my team to train to whatever level I want, and then I rotate fodder dragons for the third spot so I can earn some money while training my other dragon. It takes longer, but is my preferred method. If you're wanting to train up your one dragon AND eventually buy it an Eliminate, maybe consider this method?

Mathias looks like a different build than I'm familiar with - a Kiena build, according to this guide. Still, it should function much like the Culex Glass Cannon build, so hopefully my advice still works for you.

Since you have two dragons with different stat distributions, your process isn't going to be as clean (read: the pattern will be slightly different) as a leveling team of two glass cannons with the same build. Based on my own experiences, a Mire Flyer isn't going to do too hot in the Kelp Beds (where you would get the EXP Bonus), so I would recommend leveling in the Mire. It should go pretty fast for you with two L25s, even if Mathias might not be as fast as Chomps. You'll want to make sure you have all the ambushes you can add to Chomps and Mathias, to make sure you get in as many hits as you can initially. With two of them, Scratch + Eliminate is probably faster than trying to Rally and then Eliminate!

You'll want to stay in as high a venue as you dare - the lower the venue level, the lower the EXP payout. The key is finding a balance between being able to stick around for a lot of battles (so you don't lose your Breath resetting a lot) and still being able to gain EXP.

Hope that helps, after lunch I could give it a test run with my own Mire Flyer and glass cannons if you want! Otherwise, good luck!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@Skylurk
Following on from what SeaCrest said, you're best off restatting your Mire Flyer dragon Chomps to have 119 str. With the update, that lets you rally-eliminate everything in the mire and makes it a very effective levelling build for fodder or high-level dragons.

This wasn't originally a usable build, but with the first turn bug being fixed it's one of the best levelling builds out there!
@Skylurk
Following on from what SeaCrest said, you're best off restatting your Mire Flyer dragon Chomps to have 119 str. With the update, that lets you rally-eliminate everything in the mire and makes it a very effective levelling build for fodder or high-level dragons.

This wasn't originally a usable build, but with the first turn bug being fixed it's one of the best levelling builds out there!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Skylurk Looking at the elements of your level 25s, I'd actually recommend you restat Chomps according to this guide and use him in the Ruins instead. If you use a nature dragon in the mire, you'll be weak to one of the mages, so while it's doable I wouldn't recommend it, especially as it the perfect element for the Ruins.
@Skylurk Looking at the elements of your level 25s, I'd actually recommend you restat Chomps according to this guide and use him in the Ruins instead. If you use a nature dragon in the mire, you'll be weak to one of the mages, so while it's doable I wouldn't recommend it, especially as it the perfect element for the Ruins.
the Immortal standard rank badge from the Bounty Hunter's Guild a dom badge showing a book with a face and legs    quoiromantic heart pixel

bisexual heart pixel     
the Starseeker symbol - jagged pink fragments in a rough orb shape on a deep blue background     a mottled pink, blue and purple outline of an upside-down tree and roots on a fuzzy black background
@SeaCrest

Hm, that sounds like a great idea - leveling up one while using the other as fodder. I just might do that.

I was hoping to get the 50% additional EXP from the Drakeharvest. I won't be able to get it in the Mire? If not, what kind of battle set would I need to get so I could battle in the kelp beds if that's the only place i can go for that. I have some stones saved in my hoard I could add to one of my dragons.

Thank you for refreshing my memory regarding the EXP payout not being as good in a lower venue. I will look up the Kiena build too. Thank you for the guide.

I really appreciate your time and the advice you have given me. It really helps a lot!!! Thank you so much!! =)
@SeaCrest

Hm, that sounds like a great idea - leveling up one while using the other as fodder. I just might do that.

I was hoping to get the 50% additional EXP from the Drakeharvest. I won't be able to get it in the Mire? If not, what kind of battle set would I need to get so I could battle in the kelp beds if that's the only place i can go for that. I have some stones saved in my hoard I could add to one of my dragons.

Thank you for refreshing my memory regarding the EXP payout not being as good in a lower venue. I will look up the Kiena build too. Thank you for the guide.

I really appreciate your time and the advice you have given me. It really helps a lot!!! Thank you so much!! =)
T3u4zFz.png
@Vendrus

Thank you! I will refresh my memory on how to restat and do that immediately!

@Snipe

Ooh gosh. Thank you too Snipe! I knew the dragon's element had some effect on it's performance, but I never read about it. I will def check out that guide. Thank you so much for your help too!
@Vendrus

Thank you! I will refresh my memory on how to restat and do that immediately!

@Snipe

Ooh gosh. Thank you too Snipe! I knew the dragon's element had some effect on it's performance, but I never read about it. I will def check out that guide. Thank you so much for your help too!
T3u4zFz.png
@Skylurk

Adding to SeaCrest:

Mathias' build is Kelp Beds trainer (and that build works okay as farmer as well) but you need two trainers with those stats, both equipped with Reflects so they can take on bosses. I do most of my higher level training with that team and I can recommend it for anything above lv7.

I see three options: Mire with both dragons (uneven but should be doable), Mire with just Chomps (not as durable but you can train fodder and make money at the same time), and Kelp Beds with Mathias and re-statted Chomps.

I'd pick the last one since it's faster and more even than Mire, and you can always restat Chomps into Mirer later if you want to train fodder.

edit: seconding Vendrus on restatting Chomp if you go to Mire, and also seconding Snipe on Ruins builds.

You will get the additional xp at Mire and Ruins as well so that's not a problem
@Skylurk

Adding to SeaCrest:

Mathias' build is Kelp Beds trainer (and that build works okay as farmer as well) but you need two trainers with those stats, both equipped with Reflects so they can take on bosses. I do most of my higher level training with that team and I can recommend it for anything above lv7.

I see three options: Mire with both dragons (uneven but should be doable), Mire with just Chomps (not as durable but you can train fodder and make money at the same time), and Kelp Beds with Mathias and re-statted Chomps.

I'd pick the last one since it's faster and more even than Mire, and you can always restat Chomps into Mirer later if you want to train fodder.

edit: seconding Vendrus on restatting Chomp if you go to Mire, and also seconding Snipe on Ruins builds.

You will get the additional xp at Mire and Ruins as well so that's not a problem
hWsjkHE.png
@Skylurk
The 50% extra XP applies to every coliseum venue.
@Skylurk
The 50% extra XP applies to every coliseum venue.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2