Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Ghostbuster / Ruins Raider build
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[b]NOTE: You might also consider the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1767112/1]Meditate Monk[/url] by @Lamentations or the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2157767/1]Anticipate tank[/url] by @Salamanderpie. Sylvandyr has [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1764638/9#post_27689944]compared the three builds[/url].[/b] *********** [font=small](omg why am I doing this I'm not anybody important O_O)[/font] With many thanks to @Kiena for the original Mire two-fodder build, @Sylvandyr for the amazing wealth of information in the coli calculator, @Maki for pointing me to Sylvandyr's discussion of Qck stats, and @Culex for some additional monster stats tables. Presenting: the Ghostlight Ruins two-fodder leveling build! Aka the Ruins Raider (thanks @vanadium), aka the GHOSTBUSTER! (thanks @Oranitha) Stats and stones: [img]http://i.imgur.com/j519WmX.jpg[/img] In plaintext: Scratch, Eliminate, Haste, Sap, Rally, three Berserkers, and two Ambushes. 115 Strength, 76 Quick, and 17 Vit. A Water-element dragon is best, since it resists the speedy Aer Phantom; Nature, which resists both the Longneck Scholar and the Otherworldly Aura, is second best. Other elements all have weaknesses to one or more of the mages and are not recommended. How to use it: Take your lvl 25 dragon and two fodders into the Ghostlight Ruins. Refresh until you get a good starter pack -- preferably a 3-pack with no more than 1 physical attacker. (For reference, physical attackers are Carrioncorn, Nightmare, Tengu Caller, Greybeak Reaper, Infestation Hound, Wraith Hound, Pronghorn Stomper, Wendigo, Tatterwing Carcass, and Shatterbone Vulture.) If there is an Aer Phantom or Lux Spectre in your starter pack, do NOT haste, just rally. Otherwise, haste, then rally, your lvl25. Use Scratch to build Breath until you can Eliminate your remaining enemies. If Rally wears off, you will need to Rally again or Scratch-Eliminate. For subsequent packs: haste (unless facing an Aer Phantom or Lux Spectre), rally, then eliminate enemies in this order: * Carrioncorn, Nightmare, Pronghorn Stomper, or Wendigo. * Infestation Hound. * Greybeak Reaper. * Wraith Hound. * Tengu Caller. * Shatterbone Vulture / Tatterwing Carcass. * Otherworldly Aura / Somber Spirit. * Longneck Medium. * Longneck Scholar. * Lux Spectre / Aer Phantom. (If using a Water dragon, take out Lux Spectres before Aer Phantoms.) Three Rallied Scratches will kill all enemies except bosses, Tengu Caller, and the two Longnecks (thanks @wnznpeh!). Rally Eliminate will kill all enemies except bosses. Hasting before each pack (except Aer Phantom/Lux Spectre) will give 5 free breath per match to make up for missed Eliminates. There is no place in the rhythm to drop in a Sap without giving an enemy an extra turn. However, a Nature Ghostbuster can use Otherworldly Auras, which it resists, as scratching posts to build up health/breath as needed (thanks @vanadium!), and a Water Ghostbuster can do the same with Aer Phantoms. I recommend refreshing on boss encounters. If you want to equip Shred instead of Sap and try to beast through, please let me know how it goes!
NOTE: You might also consider the Meditate Monk by @Lamentations or the Anticipate tank by @Salamanderpie. Sylvandyr has compared the three builds.

(omg why am I doing this I'm not anybody important O_O)

With many thanks to @Kiena for the original Mire two-fodder build, @Sylvandyr for the amazing wealth of information in the coli calculator, @Maki for pointing me to Sylvandyr's discussion of Qck stats, and @Culex for some additional monster stats tables.

Presenting: the Ghostlight Ruins two-fodder leveling build! Aka the Ruins Raider (thanks @vanadium), aka the GHOSTBUSTER! (thanks @Oranitha)

Stats and stones:

j519WmX.jpg

In plaintext: Scratch, Eliminate, Haste, Sap, Rally, three Berserkers, and two Ambushes. 115 Strength, 76 Quick, and 17 Vit.

A Water-element dragon is best, since it resists the speedy Aer Phantom; Nature, which resists both the Longneck Scholar and the Otherworldly Aura, is second best. Other elements all have weaknesses to one or more of the mages and are not recommended.

How to use it:

Take your lvl 25 dragon and two fodders into the Ghostlight Ruins. Refresh until you get a good starter pack -- preferably a 3-pack with no more than 1 physical attacker. (For reference, physical attackers are Carrioncorn, Nightmare, Tengu Caller, Greybeak Reaper, Infestation Hound, Wraith Hound, Pronghorn Stomper, Wendigo, Tatterwing Carcass, and Shatterbone Vulture.)

If there is an Aer Phantom or Lux Spectre in your starter pack, do NOT haste, just rally. Otherwise, haste, then rally, your lvl25. Use Scratch to build Breath until you can Eliminate your remaining enemies. If Rally wears off, you will need to Rally again or Scratch-Eliminate.

For subsequent packs: haste (unless facing an Aer Phantom or Lux Spectre), rally, then eliminate enemies in this order:

* Carrioncorn, Nightmare, Pronghorn Stomper, or Wendigo.
* Infestation Hound.
* Greybeak Reaper.
* Wraith Hound.
* Tengu Caller.
* Shatterbone Vulture / Tatterwing Carcass.
* Otherworldly Aura / Somber Spirit.
* Longneck Medium.
* Longneck Scholar.
* Lux Spectre / Aer Phantom.

(If using a Water dragon, take out Lux Spectres before Aer Phantoms.)

Three Rallied Scratches will kill all enemies except bosses, Tengu Caller, and the two Longnecks (thanks @wnznpeh!). Rally Eliminate will kill all enemies except bosses. Hasting before each pack (except Aer Phantom/Lux Spectre) will give 5 free breath per match to make up for missed Eliminates.

There is no place in the rhythm to drop in a Sap without giving an enemy an extra turn. However, a Nature Ghostbuster can use Otherworldly Auras, which it resists, as scratching posts to build up health/breath as needed (thanks @vanadium!), and a Water Ghostbuster can do the same with Aer Phantoms.

I recommend refreshing on boss encounters. If you want to equip Shred instead of Sap and try to beast through, please let me know how it goes!
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
@justiceturtle
Thanks for compiling this~
;D

I honestly really love Shred. It cuts down on the amount of refreshing I have to do, lets me get extra exp from bosses, and that extra chance for a boss drop keeps everything interesting for me. I've always used it, including in the Mire, and it's served me well.
(I use it instead of haste— weird, I know)

It should also be noted that if you're using a Nature ghostbuster, you can use Otherworldly Auras as scratching posts. They can't do much to you, so use them as free health and breath— I eliminate one, then use the other two as scratching posts to build up whatever I've lost.
@justiceturtle
Thanks for compiling this~
;D

I honestly really love Shred. It cuts down on the amount of refreshing I have to do, lets me get extra exp from bosses, and that extra chance for a boss drop keeps everything interesting for me. I've always used it, including in the Mire, and it's served me well.
(I use it instead of haste— weird, I know)

It should also be noted that if you're using a Nature ghostbuster, you can use Otherworldly Auras as scratching posts. They can't do much to you, so use them as free health and breath— I eliminate one, then use the other two as scratching posts to build up whatever I've lost.
@vanadium Thanks! I edited in the info about scratching posts -- Water can do the same with Aer Phantoms.

@saltinecracker @Aviana @Nonbeenaries @Saphelle @Rhea @QueenParda @Wookiara @Sionainn I think y'all expressed interest in a guide post in the other threads I've been following about this? If not, sorry for the ping.
@vanadium Thanks! I edited in the info about scratching posts -- Water can do the same with Aer Phantoms.

@saltinecracker @Aviana @Nonbeenaries @Saphelle @Rhea @QueenParda @Wookiara @Sionainn I think y'all expressed interest in a guide post in the other threads I've been following about this? If not, sorry for the ping.
@JusticeTurtle Oh, did water end up being better over speed? Good to know!
@JusticeTurtle Oh, did water end up being better over speed? Good to know!
1Zfjqw6.png
@justiceturtle
Thanks for Organize discussions :D

I also agree with @vanadium 's advice.
Case of Nature ghostbuster, Otherworldly Auras is a good recovery point(that bolt's dmg is only 98).
but Long neck Scholar is not good choice - that annoying Envenom(124~128 dmg + 98 dmg\1 tick).

Comparing Long neck Medium and Salve Kamaitashi:
medium is better recover point than Salve weasel. it speed is not so fast (equal scholar/slower than Vulturesorry, my fault :S)
@justiceturtle
Thanks for Organize discussions :D

I also agree with @vanadium 's advice.
Case of Nature ghostbuster, Otherworldly Auras is a good recovery point(that bolt's dmg is only 98).
but Long neck Scholar is not good choice - that annoying Envenom(124~128 dmg + 98 dmg\1 tick).

Comparing Long neck Medium and Salve Kamaitashi:
medium is better recover point than Salve weasel. it speed is not so fast (equal scholar/slower than Vulturesorry, my fault :S)
2OTuj7X.png XShcv.gif Free Familiar Delivery Service
[Shop] Windswept Bazaar
A [hatchery] with no intention of selling
Clan's Lineage
@JusticeTurtle

Ghostbuster! What a great name. Love it, and thanks for the guide ^v^
@JusticeTurtle

Ghostbuster! What a great name. Love it, and thanks for the guide ^v^
@Aviana Yeah, since it's impossible to out-haste the Lux Spectres and Aer Phantoms, resisting one of them seems to be the way to go. Nature has two resistances, but they're to slightly slower mages that don't get as many hits in unless you're unlucky with dodges.
@Aviana Yeah, since it's impossible to out-haste the Lux Spectres and Aer Phantoms, resisting one of them seems to be the way to go. Nature has two resistances, but they're to slightly slower mages that don't get as many hits in unless you're unlucky with dodges.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@JusticeTurtle Neat, thanks! Also, I like how this build ended up with two silly names. :D
@JusticeTurtle Neat, thanks! Also, I like how this build ended up with two silly names. :D
1Zfjqw6.png
@JusticeTurtle

Hold on...? This says that you can't rally+elim longnecks and callers with 115 st, but I'm pretty sure i have with the callers (haven't encountered them in a bit), and I definitely can oneshot the longnecks.
@JusticeTurtle

Hold on...? This says that you can't rally+elim longnecks and callers with 115 st, but I'm pretty sure i have with the callers (haven't encountered them in a bit), and I definitely can oneshot the longnecks.
fr_badge_6_by_hisscale-dacx5j5.pngNZLvj6I.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12