Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to write dragon lore?
I am so sorry if this isn't the right place to post this
So I've seen so many dragons with beautiful bios and lore, I want to write some too, but I have no idea where to start? Any help is appreciated!
I am so sorry if this isn't the right place to post this
So I've seen so many dragons with beautiful bios and lore, I want to write some too, but I have no idea where to start? Any help is appreciated!
Check out my stuff pls?
yQvcK9Q.png
@Infinityy well, first off, lore doesn't have to be paragraphs and paragraphs. when it comes down to it, lore is anything you create about a dragon (i.e. not their stats or genes which are done by the site, but something like "favorite food is mushrooms" or "grew up in the Southern Icefield and had a best friend named Terry"). that in mind, you pretty much just start thinking of things about them. ask yourself where they might have grown up, how they got to your clan (if they weren't born there), what their hobbies are, what they do for a living (if they do anything), if they have any friends/enemies and who those might be... you can probably Google some character questionnaires to work through to start you off, though this guide may also be helpful.

once you know things about a dragon, you just kinda... write about it. XD you get an idea of a way to cobble things together into something cohesive, and you roll with it. everyone goes about it a little differently, and sometimes you just have to be in the mood to do it. in terms of making lore "good," it's like visual art in that "good" is incredibly subjective in terms of style and content, but you definitely want good spelling and grammar, and proper spacing of paragraphs (do NOT bunch everything up in one big block of text, no one likes reading those). from there, it's all up to you!

you can try poking around some lore lairs and read through bios of certain styles to sorta figure out what you might want to go for with a particular dragon, whether you want their bio to be an informative profile or more like a story, whether you want the bio lighthearted or dark and mysterious, so on.

hope this helps! :>
@Infinityy well, first off, lore doesn't have to be paragraphs and paragraphs. when it comes down to it, lore is anything you create about a dragon (i.e. not their stats or genes which are done by the site, but something like "favorite food is mushrooms" or "grew up in the Southern Icefield and had a best friend named Terry"). that in mind, you pretty much just start thinking of things about them. ask yourself where they might have grown up, how they got to your clan (if they weren't born there), what their hobbies are, what they do for a living (if they do anything), if they have any friends/enemies and who those might be... you can probably Google some character questionnaires to work through to start you off, though this guide may also be helpful.

once you know things about a dragon, you just kinda... write about it. XD you get an idea of a way to cobble things together into something cohesive, and you roll with it. everyone goes about it a little differently, and sometimes you just have to be in the mood to do it. in terms of making lore "good," it's like visual art in that "good" is incredibly subjective in terms of style and content, but you definitely want good spelling and grammar, and proper spacing of paragraphs (do NOT bunch everything up in one big block of text, no one likes reading those). from there, it's all up to you!

you can try poking around some lore lairs and read through bios of certain styles to sorta figure out what you might want to go for with a particular dragon, whether you want their bio to be an informative profile or more like a story, whether you want the bio lighthearted or dark and mysterious, so on.

hope this helps! :>
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@Infinityy

Lore can also be seen as a form of service, mostly in the form of lore shops that will write lore for you if you don't want to yourself.

For example you can check my lore shop in my sig.

Anyways, usually you just give some background information, pay a price and then you get your lore within a few days.
@Infinityy

Lore can also be seen as a form of service, mostly in the form of lore shops that will write lore for you if you don't want to yourself.

For example you can check my lore shop in my sig.

Anyways, usually you just give some background information, pay a price and then you get your lore within a few days.

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
@ls299
@after

Thanks for the help!
@ls299
@after

Thanks for the help!
Check out my stuff pls?
yQvcK9Q.png
Just make up a little backstory to the dragon. That's how I do lore. No special templates required.
Just make up a little backstory to the dragon. That's how I do lore. No special templates required.
Art shop Ich bin ein Berliner!
YqXDmJ2.png
17, speech and debate LD captain, US high school senior