Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Pricing Dragons with Lore?
I was thinking of adding a component to my hatchery so that I could write a little lore for my dragons that I'm selling. The issue is that I'm not sure about how to price them if I do. I've seen some estimates ranging from 15k to 30k treasure, but it seems to vary on price. I was hoping to get some responses on what would be a reasonable range.
I was thinking of adding a component to my hatchery so that I could write a little lore for my dragons that I'm selling. The issue is that I'm not sure about how to price them if I do. I've seen some estimates ranging from 15k to 30k treasure, but it seems to vary on price. I was hoping to get some responses on what would be a reasonable range.
tumblr_inline_rs0atyDMoZ1xx63wy_500.png
@wryfox

Well, it's hard to set a fair price, because some people care about lore a lot while others don't. Unfortunately, those people who do care about it are also likely to want to write their own, so they'll also be driven away by prewritten lore. Lore-writers probably will want to change whatever you make to fit their clan and their personal taste, and it feels bad to delete someone else's work. If you do end up doing it, erring on the low-price minimal-lore side would be in your favor.
@wryfox

Well, it's hard to set a fair price, because some people care about lore a lot while others don't. Unfortunately, those people who do care about it are also likely to want to write their own, so they'll also be driven away by prewritten lore. Lore-writers probably will want to change whatever you make to fit their clan and their personal taste, and it feels bad to delete someone else's work. If you do end up doing it, erring on the low-price minimal-lore side would be in your favor.
windh4.png
@wryfox

I'd recommend just offering lore writing as a service (charging treasure/gems depending on length), rather than selling some dragons with it. Also seconding everything WyvernVenom said ^_^

@wryfox

I'd recommend just offering lore writing as a service (charging treasure/gems depending on length), rather than selling some dragons with it. Also seconding everything WyvernVenom said ^_^

anastasia_r_by_sheepshape-dcfd02j.gif
@WyvernVenom @Selki alright, thank you so much! I'll keep that in mind when I'm pricing them.
@WyvernVenom @Selki alright, thank you so much! I'll keep that in mind when I'm pricing them.
tumblr_inline_rs0atyDMoZ1xx63wy_500.png