Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Breeding and Incubating
I am pretty new to this game and i'm not sure how long an incubation period is and if breeding is the only way to get dragons
I am pretty new to this game and i'm not sure how long an incubation period is and if breeding is the only way to get dragons
@InfernaAucope
I will try to answer this at the best of my ability.

You should incubate a nest everyday in order to quickly hatch a nest (without using a boon). You have to incubate 5 times and on the 6th day I believe, your nest is ready to hatch. If you don't have space in your lair for all of the dragons, then you can't hatch it but don't worry, the dragons just kind of chill there and it doesn't really affect hatchlings.

Breeding is not the only way to get dragons. You can buy dragons of the AH, trade dragons with others, or find an unhatched dragon egg (very rare and hard).

I hope this helps.

@InfernaAucope
I will try to answer this at the best of my ability.

You should incubate a nest everyday in order to quickly hatch a nest (without using a boon). You have to incubate 5 times and on the 6th day I believe, your nest is ready to hatch. If you don't have space in your lair for all of the dragons, then you can't hatch it but don't worry, the dragons just kind of chill there and it doesn't really affect hatchlings.

Breeding is not the only way to get dragons. You can buy dragons of the AH, trade dragons with others, or find an unhatched dragon egg (very rare and hard).

I hope this helps.

P5MyLHe.png -She/Her
+3 FR time
-ENTJ-A
-Art Shop
Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.
WxjbFq8.png
@InfernaAucope nope! you can get dragons in other ways too: -breeding -buying them from the Auction House or the Dragons for Sale forum -hatching them from Unhatched Eggs (found rarely by Scavenging or fighting in the Coliseum, or again by buying them from other users) -winning them in raffles, etc. as for the incubation period, it's five incubations plus the hatch day. you incubate on the same day you nest, and then another four times, then hatch on the sixth day (or any time after that, it's okay to let a nest sit awhile!). alternately you can use a [item=Boon of Fertility] (available in the gem marketplace, Specialty tab) to hatch the nest immediately.
@InfernaAucope nope! you can get dragons in other ways too:
-breeding
-buying them from the Auction House or the Dragons for Sale forum
-hatching them from Unhatched Eggs (found rarely by Scavenging or fighting in the Coliseum, or again by buying them from other users)
-winning them in raffles, etc.

as for the incubation period, it's five incubations plus the hatch day. you incubate on the same day you nest, and then another four times, then hatch on the sixth day (or any time after that, it's okay to let a nest sit awhile!). alternately you can use a Boon of Fertility (available in the gem marketplace, Specialty tab) to hatch the nest immediately.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
how can I find out what my babies are going to look like,
also, will they look like the mommy?
how can I find out what my babies are going to look like,
also, will they look like the mommy?
-

]The Clan of the flaming wind; Pheonix flame.
@skywing36 heads up, this thread is from several months ago! if you have a question, you should make your own thread rather than bring back an old one, as your question might be missed!

breeding on FR is both a bit simplistic and a bit complex. there's no way to find out exactly what the hatchlings will look like unless you have identical parents. however, you can input the IDs of the parents (just the number, no # symbol) into the Forsee Progeny part of the Scrying Workshop to take a look at some potential hatchlings those dragons might have.

hatchlings have an equal chance to look like the mother as they do the father, which is to say it isn't really a factor. you might end up with a similar hatchling, you might not. if you have a wide color range between the parents, then the odds are higher that you'll get a hatchling that doesn't resemble either parent. you can see how many colors are in a range between two dragons with this site and this site (which also adds in gene and breed possibilities to the mix). and here is a chart showing the odds for each breed and gene.
@skywing36 heads up, this thread is from several months ago! if you have a question, you should make your own thread rather than bring back an old one, as your question might be missed!

breeding on FR is both a bit simplistic and a bit complex. there's no way to find out exactly what the hatchlings will look like unless you have identical parents. however, you can input the IDs of the parents (just the number, no # symbol) into the Forsee Progeny part of the Scrying Workshop to take a look at some potential hatchlings those dragons might have.

hatchlings have an equal chance to look like the mother as they do the father, which is to say it isn't really a factor. you might end up with a similar hatchling, you might not. if you have a wide color range between the parents, then the odds are higher that you'll get a hatchling that doesn't resemble either parent. you can see how many colors are in a range between two dragons with this site and this site (which also adds in gene and breed possibilities to the mix). and here is a chart showing the odds for each breed and gene.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
okay, thanks
PS: i'm new
okay, thanks
PS: i'm new
-

]The Clan of the flaming wind; Pheonix flame.