Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Gene influence?
I'm currently trying to breed a male skydancer with beige basic, white underbelly, and obsidian basic wings.
I have a male skydancer with pink basic wings, beige basic body, and white underbelly.
I found a female skydancer with obsidian stripe wings, sand current body, and white crackle tertiary.

My question here is will her stripes/current genes have any influence on the odds of the colors of the babies? I know iridescent and shimmer parents can have offspring that are in the color range of their shimmer so I was wondering if current and stripes does that too. Thanks for any help! :)
I'm currently trying to breed a male skydancer with beige basic, white underbelly, and obsidian basic wings.
I have a male skydancer with pink basic wings, beige basic body, and white underbelly.
I found a female skydancer with obsidian stripe wings, sand current body, and white crackle tertiary.

My question here is will her stripes/current genes have any influence on the odds of the colors of the babies? I know iridescent and shimmer parents can have offspring that are in the color range of their shimmer so I was wondering if current and stripes does that too. Thanks for any help! :)
The Water Flight
wx4q.png
More Powerful Than The Greatest of Waves
Genes dont have a say in actual colors (though they may be wonky due to artist error). All dragons will have babies in the range of their parents, regardless of their genes.

Genes are just markings or how a particular color is displayed.
Genes dont have a say in actual colors (though they may be wonky due to artist error). All dragons will have babies in the range of their parents, regardless of their genes.

Genes are just markings or how a particular color is displayed.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
So then the mother having current or basic won't influence whether the baby comes out beige or sand then
So then the mother having current or basic won't influence whether the baby comes out beige or sand then
The Water Flight
wx4q.png
No. The baby's color is predicted by the RNG (random number generator). The only thing the genes effect is whether the baby will be basic or current - and just so you know, basic will typically always win against any other gene. In that case, its a matter of how common the genes are and basic is the most common.
No. The baby's color is predicted by the RNG (random number generator). The only thing the genes effect is whether the baby will be basic or current - and just so you know, basic will typically always win against any other gene. In that case, its a matter of how common the genes are and basic is the most common.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
That makes sense.
thank you very much!! :)
That makes sense.
thank you very much!! :)
The Water Flight
wx4q.png