Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Accents & Eyes clarification question :)
I know that we aren't supposed to cover the eye, so that the flight is still clearly determinable at a glance, but what about small touches?
Say, a half-closed eyelid, as if sleepy, or wider pupils.

For breeds like Imps, Guardians and Skydancers, etc, I know their eyes are WAY too small to even bother attempting this, but I ask mainly because of breeds like Spirals and Fae.
Example:

lids_zps5e0cb976.png

Would something like this be considered acceptable?
I know that we aren't supposed to cover the eye, so that the flight is still clearly determinable at a glance, but what about small touches?
Say, a half-closed eyelid, as if sleepy, or wider pupils.

For breeds like Imps, Guardians and Skydancers, etc, I know their eyes are WAY too small to even bother attempting this, but I ask mainly because of breeds like Spirals and Fae.
Example:

lids_zps5e0cb976.png

Would something like this be considered acceptable?
@Jerepasaurus
You can cover the eye all you want, so far as I know - it just won't show up when the skin is applied as the eye colour will go on top. So... you may end up with some lines, but no shading and it'll be the wrong colour.
@Jerepasaurus
You can cover the eye all you want, so far as I know - it just won't show up when the skin is applied as the eye colour will go on top. So... you may end up with some lines, but no shading and it'll be the wrong colour.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus
Oh. Dang. WELP. Thanks for the info. xD
I hadn't been aware of that detail. lol
@Vendrus
Oh. Dang. WELP. Thanks for the info. xD
I hadn't been aware of that detail. lol
I know your question has been answered already, but I just wanted to say that I really like how that spiral looks with the eyelids XD Just having that little detail makes it so much more realistic, in my opinion. Too bad you can't add accents like that, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I know your question has been answered already, but I just wanted to say that I really like how that spiral looks with the eyelids XD Just having that little detail makes it so much more realistic, in my opinion. Too bad you can't add accents like that, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Is it safe to assume then that you can't change the eye color in an accent?
Is it safe to assume then that you can't change the eye color in an accent?
@Jaelyn, that is correct. Skins and accents cannot affect the eye colors of dragons, their true eye color will always show through. This is to preserve the dragon's Flight identity. ^^ [quote=Custom Skins][b]Q: Can I change a dragon's eye color via a Custom Skin or Accent?[/b] Not at this time. Eye color is indicative of the dragon's elemental heritage, and the prime visual representation of its flight identity, which is something we'd like to preserve. [/quote]
@Jaelyn, that is correct. Skins and accents cannot affect the eye colors of dragons, their true eye color will always show through. This is to preserve the dragon's Flight identity. ^^
Custom Skins wrote:
Q: Can I change a dragon's eye color via a Custom Skin or Accent?
Not at this time. Eye color is indicative of the dragon's elemental heritage, and the prime visual representation of its flight identity, which is something we'd like to preserve.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

@Alphaeon Thanks!
@Alphaeon Thanks!