Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Digis Transplants
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
@Mutie

Yeah, but the work experience I have isn't in the field I want to go into. :X I wanna go into computers. Not sure which area though. XD I need to brush up on my programming skills. X.x Now that's a pain to deal with, but hey, I like doing it. My other interest is writing though there aren't enough positions available and publishing is hard to break into.

Ssssssuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee... you aren't. I wanna photoshop an MLP or an anime character with the saying... "I see what you're doing there!"

And then use it on you! *snorts*

My brother is a contract worker too. Can't say where though. :D Hey, you wouldn't happen to be anywhere near or in California? You don't have to answer that. X3 It would be nice to have a get together of Digis/FR players. XD But I doubt that would happen, and... it's gonna be hard figuring out a schedule that would allow most of us to attend. :O Oh well. Good luck with your job. o3o But benefits... I used to work for a temp agency so we didn't have benefits. We did have a higher salary since we didn't receive benefits. So I used the extra to buy insurance. :X

*laughs* They have knowledge to probe the human body, but give them a computer... they become useless. *giggles* Good for you. Well if you do get along with one doctor or two, that's better since :X doctors are expensive. Sheesh. One visit, I'm out at least fifty or seventy dollars. *keels over*
@Mutie

Yeah, but the work experience I have isn't in the field I want to go into. :X I wanna go into computers. Not sure which area though. XD I need to brush up on my programming skills. X.x Now that's a pain to deal with, but hey, I like doing it. My other interest is writing though there aren't enough positions available and publishing is hard to break into.

Ssssssuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee... you aren't. I wanna photoshop an MLP or an anime character with the saying... "I see what you're doing there!"

And then use it on you! *snorts*

My brother is a contract worker too. Can't say where though. :D Hey, you wouldn't happen to be anywhere near or in California? You don't have to answer that. X3 It would be nice to have a get together of Digis/FR players. XD But I doubt that would happen, and... it's gonna be hard figuring out a schedule that would allow most of us to attend. :O Oh well. Good luck with your job. o3o But benefits... I used to work for a temp agency so we didn't have benefits. We did have a higher salary since we didn't receive benefits. So I used the extra to buy insurance. :X

*laughs* They have knowledge to probe the human body, but give them a computer... they become useless. *giggles* Good for you. Well if you do get along with one doctor or two, that's better since :X doctors are expensive. Sheesh. One visit, I'm out at least fifty or seventy dollars. *keels over*
Please ping me if you want me to read something.
Light's Baldwin Trading Thread
ColiforLife_zpscbfcm2si.jpg
@ChibiEnvyChan Experience is all in how you look at it... Or write it down on your resume, at least. My employed work experience is 7 years at a library--irrelevant to my field, aside from the very valuable customer service experience--but my computer experience is ~13 years using and repairing my own computers. The fact that you've reliably held a job is the "work" part of the experience, then the "experience" part comes from what you actually know how to do! What sort of experience do you have working with computers? Programmers can earn a looot of money. XD The key is to sell your skills and how long you've been honing them, not necessarily where you picked them up.

*TOTAL LOOK OF INNOCENCE*

Nah I live in Texas, unfortunately. D: I grew up in California, though. San Diego is my hometown. I miss Cali like crazy. uwu I'm a total social recluse, but I did just drive myself to New Mexico to hang out with a couple friends last week, so online-to-offline meetups aren't a foreign concept to me haha. XD

I wouldn't go so far as to call them stupid by any means, but a lot of them are pretty computer illiterate! It's alright, though. They spent years and tons of money learning to be doctors to fix people up, so I'll leave that to them and they can leave the computer stuff for me. lol We all have our strengths and weaknesses. c: I can operate on a machine, but I'm better at taking care of my cat's health than my own. LOL
@ChibiEnvyChan Experience is all in how you look at it... Or write it down on your resume, at least. My employed work experience is 7 years at a library--irrelevant to my field, aside from the very valuable customer service experience--but my computer experience is ~13 years using and repairing my own computers. The fact that you've reliably held a job is the "work" part of the experience, then the "experience" part comes from what you actually know how to do! What sort of experience do you have working with computers? Programmers can earn a looot of money. XD The key is to sell your skills and how long you've been honing them, not necessarily where you picked them up.

*TOTAL LOOK OF INNOCENCE*

Nah I live in Texas, unfortunately. D: I grew up in California, though. San Diego is my hometown. I miss Cali like crazy. uwu I'm a total social recluse, but I did just drive myself to New Mexico to hang out with a couple friends last week, so online-to-offline meetups aren't a foreign concept to me haha. XD

I wouldn't go so far as to call them stupid by any means, but a lot of them are pretty computer illiterate! It's alright, though. They spent years and tons of money learning to be doctors to fix people up, so I'll leave that to them and they can leave the computer stuff for me. lol We all have our strengths and weaknesses. c: I can operate on a machine, but I'm better at taking care of my cat's health than my own. LOL
@Mutie

Yep. I've spent five years at this job so that has to count as something. :O Before this job, my longest job was about a year. :X *sighs* It was a temp job when I was a n00b at working. Now I know better and have more skills than when I first entered. Like keeping inventory and stuff organized and ordering. *flails* XD Funny thing is that I majored in computers, but on my last year, most of them were transferred overseas. So I was stuck trying to figure out what to do since I already had three and a half years of school. :X

I'm so going to do it today or tomorrow. Just for you. XD

Ah I was wondering since I know someone who works in the California military base as a computer administration. :D That's why. *laughs* I'd be like... wow, you can totally meet this person, but he doesn't do these types of games/sites. Doubt I can convince him to join even if registrations are opened. Oh well...

Not saying they're stupid either. They're useless for computers just like we're useless when it comes to mending a broken bone or diagnosing something. XD

Anyways I'm heading off to a meeting..

Don't be a stranger~! If you wanna breed with one of my dragons, let me know. I have some that I have plans for, but you never know if the one you're eying is available. Generally second gen or higher I don't have any plans. They're on my last page. o3o
@Mutie

Yep. I've spent five years at this job so that has to count as something. :O Before this job, my longest job was about a year. :X *sighs* It was a temp job when I was a n00b at working. Now I know better and have more skills than when I first entered. Like keeping inventory and stuff organized and ordering. *flails* XD Funny thing is that I majored in computers, but on my last year, most of them were transferred overseas. So I was stuck trying to figure out what to do since I already had three and a half years of school. :X

I'm so going to do it today or tomorrow. Just for you. XD

Ah I was wondering since I know someone who works in the California military base as a computer administration. :D That's why. *laughs* I'd be like... wow, you can totally meet this person, but he doesn't do these types of games/sites. Doubt I can convince him to join even if registrations are opened. Oh well...

Not saying they're stupid either. They're useless for computers just like we're useless when it comes to mending a broken bone or diagnosing something. XD

Anyways I'm heading off to a meeting..

Don't be a stranger~! If you wanna breed with one of my dragons, let me know. I have some that I have plans for, but you never know if the one you're eying is available. Generally second gen or higher I don't have any plans. They're on my last page. o3o
@ChibiEnvyChan
That definitely counts for something! I'd be happy to look over your resume sometime if you'd like. I'm certainly no expert on writing them, but proper resume formatting, etc was hammered into me at school, so I might be able to help make it look more attractive to the IT industry. :)

There's surprisingly lots of civilian contractors in the military world. XD Granted, most of us have prior military experience before getting into DoD, but there's people like me who never served a day but wanted to work for this branch of the government anyway. On that note, if you can pick up your A+ and Security+ certifications, DoD contract work is definitely the way you want to go, if you can find jobs like that in your area (or consider moving to a different area if you can't!). They won't always be the highest-paying jobs on the market, but they will always be the most SECURE, and pretty much all DoD contractor companies offer great benefits.

Hehe oh I know. :3 I get into all kinds of arguments with computer people insulting non-computer people, so that was basically just part of the spiel I have to give them. LOL Man, I don't even know how to change my car's oil or something, but I can fix just about anything wrong with a computer. o-o Life needs all kinds of people.

Aw thanks for the offer. c: Same here too generally, with the exception of my WC/imperial pair, any G2 in my lair is available for outside breedings, so just let me know!
@ChibiEnvyChan
That definitely counts for something! I'd be happy to look over your resume sometime if you'd like. I'm certainly no expert on writing them, but proper resume formatting, etc was hammered into me at school, so I might be able to help make it look more attractive to the IT industry. :)

There's surprisingly lots of civilian contractors in the military world. XD Granted, most of us have prior military experience before getting into DoD, but there's people like me who never served a day but wanted to work for this branch of the government anyway. On that note, if you can pick up your A+ and Security+ certifications, DoD contract work is definitely the way you want to go, if you can find jobs like that in your area (or consider moving to a different area if you can't!). They won't always be the highest-paying jobs on the market, but they will always be the most SECURE, and pretty much all DoD contractor companies offer great benefits.

Hehe oh I know. :3 I get into all kinds of arguments with computer people insulting non-computer people, so that was basically just part of the spiel I have to give them. LOL Man, I don't even know how to change my car's oil or something, but I can fix just about anything wrong with a computer. o-o Life needs all kinds of people.

Aw thanks for the offer. c: Same here too generally, with the exception of my WC/imperial pair, any G2 in my lair is available for outside breedings, so just let me know!
@ChibiEnvyChan

The second one is nice, but not quite as impressive as the other two.

I'm sorry to hear about your job, hopefully you'll find a new one soon and maybe you'll like the new better. Honestly I don't have a lot to say on that topic since I don't have a job right now either... And my last job was more of a volunteer/work study thing that didn't pay me. I worked in exchange for riding lessons.

@Mutie

I'm not ignoring you, I just don't know that much about computers. XD I'm a farm girl mostly, and while I'll pick up a reference book on pretty much anything. That hasn't yet proved very useful when it comes to computers or the tech industry in general. And my only work experience is as a stable hand, and I didn't have to do anything with computers there. My family is largely made up of military or former military, but non of them were military doctors so I can't say anything about that either... But I promise, I am not ignoring you intentionally! I just don't have much to say...
@ChibiEnvyChan

The second one is nice, but not quite as impressive as the other two.

I'm sorry to hear about your job, hopefully you'll find a new one soon and maybe you'll like the new better. Honestly I don't have a lot to say on that topic since I don't have a job right now either... And my last job was more of a volunteer/work study thing that didn't pay me. I worked in exchange for riding lessons.

@Mutie

I'm not ignoring you, I just don't know that much about computers. XD I'm a farm girl mostly, and while I'll pick up a reference book on pretty much anything. That hasn't yet proved very useful when it comes to computers or the tech industry in general. And my only work experience is as a stable hand, and I didn't have to do anything with computers there. My family is largely made up of military or former military, but non of them were military doctors so I can't say anything about that either... But I promise, I am not ignoring you intentionally! I just don't have much to say...
In order to find an answer, you must first have a question.
@Mutie

I've had one person look over my resume. She says I need to change the summary, otherwise it looks good. Probably going to bring it to a professionals networking where there are people like me trying to find a job. :X It's been awhile since I was there. I wonder if there is anyone I'd recognize there. It would be so sad if there are more people than there were when I was last there.

True. You have to go through a ton of security and have a lot of certifications, however, ._.U I'm not fond of contracting. I mean it would be like the person I know going from company to company even though he pretty much stays on the same base. *flails* Plus I have to do a lot of studying for the certifications since they aren't cheap to take the tests. He's smart in that area and he spent a lot of time studying and preparing for the tests. Ah well... I'll see what I can do and take it from there.

People can be compared to a computer/human/cell/etc... each person has a particular responsibility and that's what they're good at. Without the power, you can't even start it. Without the monitor cables, you can't see what's on the screen. No network card means no internet access, and so forth.

Kewlies. :D I'm hoping to gene my rares before I breed them. Right now the only gened pair I have are my ridgies... :X

@Nephele

Reminds me when I passed out flyers for art lessons. XD I was paid in lessons. There was a certain amount I had to pass out, and I had to keep track of where I left it. They required it. :O
@Mutie

I've had one person look over my resume. She says I need to change the summary, otherwise it looks good. Probably going to bring it to a professionals networking where there are people like me trying to find a job. :X It's been awhile since I was there. I wonder if there is anyone I'd recognize there. It would be so sad if there are more people than there were when I was last there.

True. You have to go through a ton of security and have a lot of certifications, however, ._.U I'm not fond of contracting. I mean it would be like the person I know going from company to company even though he pretty much stays on the same base. *flails* Plus I have to do a lot of studying for the certifications since they aren't cheap to take the tests. He's smart in that area and he spent a lot of time studying and preparing for the tests. Ah well... I'll see what I can do and take it from there.

People can be compared to a computer/human/cell/etc... each person has a particular responsibility and that's what they're good at. Without the power, you can't even start it. Without the monitor cables, you can't see what's on the screen. No network card means no internet access, and so forth.

Kewlies. :D I'm hoping to gene my rares before I breed them. Right now the only gened pair I have are my ridgies... :X

@Nephele

Reminds me when I passed out flyers for art lessons. XD I was paid in lessons. There was a certain amount I had to pass out, and I had to keep track of where I left it. They required it. :O
Okay, I just spent pretty much all the treasure I'd saved up for a massive spending spree at the end of the month... But Aaron looks sharp now! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=529586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5296/529586_350.png[/img] [/url] Iridescent, Shimmer, and Circuit... I think if I decide to stud him out next month instead of using for one of my Imperials I might get some interest in him... Maybe. *ponders options for when the cool-downs are up on those four* I'll have to look for at least two studs anyway, one for Penelope and one for at least one of the Imperials... I may just stud out all of them and then trade any hatchlings I get for unrelated ones. I don't know. I'll figure that part out later.
Okay, I just spent pretty much all the treasure I'd saved up for a massive spending spree at the end of the month... But Aaron looks sharp now!

529586_350.png

Iridescent, Shimmer, and Circuit... I think if I decide to stud him out next month instead of using for one of my Imperials I might get some interest in him... Maybe. *ponders options for when the cool-downs are up on those four*

I'll have to look for at least two studs anyway, one for Penelope and one for at least one of the Imperials... I may just stud out all of them and then trade any hatchlings I get for unrelated ones. I don't know. I'll figure that part out later.
@ChibiEnvyChan

I'm sorry to hear you lost your job :/

I took it really hard when I lost mine, even though I was (and still am) eligible for unemployment. I ended up going back to school and I'm currently looking for a part-time job. I actually ALMOST got hired as a pharmacy technician the other day, but then the available hours were taken by current staff members so the manager said to try again in 30 days.
I just... Feel so useless not working. I guess I feel better that I'm at least in school, but I'm incredibly tired from this new schedule.

Good luck with everything, though! I'm sure you'll find something that you like even better :]
@ChibiEnvyChan

I'm sorry to hear you lost your job :/

I took it really hard when I lost mine, even though I was (and still am) eligible for unemployment. I ended up going back to school and I'm currently looking for a part-time job. I actually ALMOST got hired as a pharmacy technician the other day, but then the available hours were taken by current staff members so the manager said to try again in 30 days.
I just... Feel so useless not working. I guess I feel better that I'm at least in school, but I'm incredibly tired from this new schedule.

Good luck with everything, though! I'm sure you'll find something that you like even better :]
Chao_Icons__Jon_Talbain_by_Requiem_Shade.gif

SHUTTUP AND TAKE YOUR ©ROTANACYL
@Nephele

Ahahahaha. You know something funny? I was planning to use all three genes for my wildclaws, which are going to be bred in two weeks... less than two weeks. XD *snickers*

@Lycan

:C We need to talk more often. I miss stalking chatting with you. *snuggles* Right now I'm getting my life together and seeing where I want to go. Most likely back with computers since I can study more. It's a matter of cleaning up my room... again and taking it from there. :X
@Nephele

Ahahahaha. You know something funny? I was planning to use all three genes for my wildclaws, which are going to be bred in two weeks... less than two weeks. XD *snickers*

@Lycan

:C We need to talk more often. I miss stalking chatting with you. *snuggles* Right now I'm getting my life together and seeing where I want to go. Most likely back with computers since I can study more. It's a matter of cleaning up my room... again and taking it from there. :X
@Lycan

Going back to school is fun. I've started my school search again now that Jewel is starting her professional training and should (hopefully) be certified by the time classes would start next fall... In theory.

I learned from my mistake though and this time I'm starting my research into any school by asking them about their policy on service animals. So far the ones I was most interested in have replied with 'of course you having a service dog is not a problem, why would it be?' (not in those exact words, but that's the tone of the emails). So I'm cautiously optimistic here.

@ChibiEnvyChan

Well they are lovely genes that look good on a variety of colors and breeds... There is a good reason they are so popular.
@Lycan

Going back to school is fun. I've started my school search again now that Jewel is starting her professional training and should (hopefully) be certified by the time classes would start next fall... In theory.

I learned from my mistake though and this time I'm starting my research into any school by asking them about their policy on service animals. So far the ones I was most interested in have replied with 'of course you having a service dog is not a problem, why would it be?' (not in those exact words, but that's the tone of the emails). So I'm cautiously optimistic here.

@ChibiEnvyChan

Well they are lovely genes that look good on a variety of colors and breeds... There is a good reason they are so popular.
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50