Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any dragons with disabilities?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I've been unofficially diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. Glad to know I'm not alone. I have what they call high functioning. While I can take care of myself, it's hard for me to get along with my peers or coworkers. I find it hard to read social cues, my humor is strange (or childish), I focus on certain subjects though sometimes they change but one or two, I don't understand feelings or empathize with others, mostly I'm monotone, and I don't have the greatest coordination. :X

On top of it, I have mild depression and mild anxiety... I think mild anxiety, but it could be moderate.

Anyways it's better than when I was in high school, but still... I don't think I'd ever get to the point where I want to be. My logic is not the logic of normal people. Or at least the ones I perceive to be normal. My thinking and my coworkers thinking usually are off. I say one thing and they interpret it as another. :X
I've been unofficially diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. Glad to know I'm not alone. I have what they call high functioning. While I can take care of myself, it's hard for me to get along with my peers or coworkers. I find it hard to read social cues, my humor is strange (or childish), I focus on certain subjects though sometimes they change but one or two, I don't understand feelings or empathize with others, mostly I'm monotone, and I don't have the greatest coordination. :X

On top of it, I have mild depression and mild anxiety... I think mild anxiety, but it could be moderate.

Anyways it's better than when I was in high school, but still... I don't think I'd ever get to the point where I want to be. My logic is not the logic of normal people. Or at least the ones I perceive to be normal. My thinking and my coworkers thinking usually are off. I say one thing and they interpret it as another. :X
Please ping me if you want me to read something.
Light's Baldwin Trading Thread
ColiforLife_zpscbfcm2si.jpg
@Doiecism @Erratic

*hugs to you both :)
@Doiecism @Erratic

*hugs to you both :)
tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
@Doiecism

/extremely gentle and non-straining fistbump
@Doiecism

/extremely gentle and non-straining fistbump
not garrison keillor
I have recently been diagnosed with Asperger. I Also suffer from anxity mostly when in social circumstansec with People i dont know. Everything planned out and written in schedules a week ahead for me to be able to stuff
I have recently been diagnosed with Asperger. I Also suffer from anxity mostly when in social circumstansec with People i dont know. Everything planned out and written in schedules a week ahead for me to be able to stuff
wQA8k.gif fy4en.gif

MRJWRkO.png
I only have ADHD, but I don't know if I have any other big disabilities.
I only have ADHD, but I don't know if I have any other big disabilities.
I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS a little over a year ago. I also have OCD, ADHD, general and social anxiety, and seasonal affective disorder. Wonderful!
I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS a little over a year ago. I also have OCD, ADHD, general and social anxiety, and seasonal affective disorder. Wonderful!
harmony ♥ 26 ♥ she/they
iXdY.png
I get partial simple seizures, chronic migraines, anxiety attacks, short term memory loss, behavioral issues and speech problems stemming from a birth defect no one caught for twenty years that had to be cut out of my brain before it killed me. It was a high flow Ateriovenous fistula in the right peritial if anyone knows what that is. Apparently it's something .001% of the population is unlucky enough to get and of those it's only usually discovered when it ruptures and killed or caused severe brain damage. Mine was on the verge of a rupture but luckily someone finally took me to get a c.a.t. scan and they found it.

I commend you guys for carrying on and not letting your disabilities get you down, it's hard. Hope everyone's doing all right.
I get partial simple seizures, chronic migraines, anxiety attacks, short term memory loss, behavioral issues and speech problems stemming from a birth defect no one caught for twenty years that had to be cut out of my brain before it killed me. It was a high flow Ateriovenous fistula in the right peritial if anyone knows what that is. Apparently it's something .001% of the population is unlucky enough to get and of those it's only usually discovered when it ruptures and killed or caused severe brain damage. Mine was on the verge of a rupture but luckily someone finally took me to get a c.a.t. scan and they found it.

I commend you guys for carrying on and not letting your disabilities get you down, it's hard. Hope everyone's doing all right.
I sell G2 Purebred Imps from dragons #181 and 182 Check my lair for listings.
Not really a disability, but I have pretty severe atopic dermatitis - an autoimmune skin disorder that causes extremely itchy eczema in response to food/aerobic allergens, humid/cold weather and emotional upheavals. The only thing that currently helps are potent corticosteroids that I may only use for up to 5 days at a time, during which my skin almost completely heals. Then I must skip a while, and the damage starts to return within a few days. It also gets better during prolonged sunny/warm/dry periods, but summers are short here... I used to have this non-stop from when I was 15 up until 21. Then I had an almost complete remission for almost 3 years, but now since last year it's back with a vengeance. Good thing is that I've majorly fixed my self-esteem during the remission, so it's not that hard on the mental level anymore to have a disorder that affects my appearance so that people who have no experience with autoimmune disorders feel entitled to stare, comment or make "helpful" suggestions about how I should live. It's the physical side of it (itchiness, dryness, crusted/puffy eyelids) that annoys me more now.

But hey, it could have been worse, I could have had lupus or something else instead. I probably won't die from direct consequences of having dermatitis. With this, I can hope to find some leverage in time and stabilize this for, hopefully, another couple years again.

I have mental issues, too, and was at one time medicated for my anxiety, but I'd rather not delve there.
Not really a disability, but I have pretty severe atopic dermatitis - an autoimmune skin disorder that causes extremely itchy eczema in response to food/aerobic allergens, humid/cold weather and emotional upheavals. The only thing that currently helps are potent corticosteroids that I may only use for up to 5 days at a time, during which my skin almost completely heals. Then I must skip a while, and the damage starts to return within a few days. It also gets better during prolonged sunny/warm/dry periods, but summers are short here... I used to have this non-stop from when I was 15 up until 21. Then I had an almost complete remission for almost 3 years, but now since last year it's back with a vengeance. Good thing is that I've majorly fixed my self-esteem during the remission, so it's not that hard on the mental level anymore to have a disorder that affects my appearance so that people who have no experience with autoimmune disorders feel entitled to stare, comment or make "helpful" suggestions about how I should live. It's the physical side of it (itchiness, dryness, crusted/puffy eyelids) that annoys me more now.

But hey, it could have been worse, I could have had lupus or something else instead. I probably won't die from direct consequences of having dermatitis. With this, I can hope to find some leverage in time and stabilize this for, hopefully, another couple years again.

I have mental issues, too, and was at one time medicated for my anxiety, but I'd rather not delve there.
ZPPY.png
[quote name="Casandraelf" date="2013-07-08 09:33:50" url="main.php?p=mb&board=gend&page=1&id=365787#373076"]Yay! I'm not the only one with disabilities! It's funny how disabilities tend to bring people together, huh? @Grayven Wow. Sounds like you've been through a lot. @kathstew I have the feeling House would say that just to troll you. XP @Ryha Your half-brothers must be incredible people. @ohlookahails Word of advice if you decide to get a double mastectomy: ignore anyone who says you shouldn't have removed them. @thamimixim Must be kind of troublesome. Guess you can't play video games if your hands do the exact same thing at the exact same time. Also, WHEE DISABILITY BUDDIES! :D[/quote] Haha! Oh he probably would! And the amount of people who have said it to me after they found out...too many to count! xD
Yay! I'm not the only one with disabilities! It's funny how disabilities tend to bring people together, huh?

@Grayven Wow. Sounds like you've been through a lot.
@kathstew I have the feeling House would say that just to troll you. XP
@Ryha Your half-brothers must be incredible people.
@ohlookahails Word of advice if you decide to get a double mastectomy: ignore anyone who says you shouldn't have removed them.
@thamimixim Must be kind of troublesome. Guess you can't play video games if your hands do the exact same thing at the exact same time.

Also, WHEE DISABILITY BUDDIES! :D

Haha! Oh he probably would!
And the amount of people who have said it to me after they found out...too many to count! xD
All of you guys serious deserve all the credit that I can give.
All of you guys serious deserve all the credit that I can give.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15