Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any dragons with disabilities?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Since I don't think there's a thread like this, I may as well start one up.

Anyone here have disabilities? If you do, wanna share them?

I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome around the age of ten. Add on top of that depression that may or may not be genetic, not to mention a fear of falling in love and you have one messed up person.
Since I don't think there's a thread like this, I may as well start one up.

Anyone here have disabilities? If you do, wanna share them?

I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome around the age of ten. Add on top of that depression that may or may not be genetic, not to mention a fear of falling in love and you have one messed up person.
phke_zpsfbf77644.png
WHOOP! You're the fourth person I've met on this site who's an aspie. One of the others being ME. :D
*high-five

I admit for a moment I thought you were asking if any of our clan dragons, whom we write about, had disabilities. (If you're interested, Belttissa's kinda blind during the day and Melreyna's an aspie.)
WHOOP! You're the fourth person I've met on this site who's an aspie. One of the others being ME. :D
*high-five

I admit for a moment I thought you were asking if any of our clan dragons, whom we write about, had disabilities. (If you're interested, Belttissa's kinda blind during the day and Melreyna's an aspie.)
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Casandraelf
I've got mirror movements, which essentially means that my muscles doesn't always react the way I want. ;)
If I for example lift something heavy with one arm, my other arm reacts as if it was carrying the weight too, resulting in cramping muscles.
I look really funny when I carry groceries as my empty hand curls up towards my chest.

We used to have warm-ups in school that included swinging from ring to ring in the air, which was totally impossilbe for me. XD
When I was holding a ring with one hand, the other would clench into a fist. If I were to force that hand to open with sheer willpower, the other hand would loose it's grip. ;)
@Casandraelf
I've got mirror movements, which essentially means that my muscles doesn't always react the way I want. ;)
If I for example lift something heavy with one arm, my other arm reacts as if it was carrying the weight too, resulting in cramping muscles.
I look really funny when I carry groceries as my empty hand curls up towards my chest.

We used to have warm-ups in school that included swinging from ring to ring in the air, which was totally impossilbe for me. XD
When I was holding a ring with one hand, the other would clench into a fist. If I were to force that hand to open with sheer willpower, the other hand would loose it's grip. ;)
banner6_by_thami_mixim-d6btii9.png
Verdanthe has no sense of smell, which, as a Tundra, is pretty disabling.

I myself was diagnosed with Asperger's at 17 (a fat lot of good that did). I also have severe depression, pretty bad anxiety and some degree of OCD, among other probably not diagnosed things. u nu
Verdanthe has no sense of smell, which, as a Tundra, is pretty disabling.

I myself was diagnosed with Asperger's at 17 (a fat lot of good that did). I also have severe depression, pretty bad anxiety and some degree of OCD, among other probably not diagnosed things. u nu
ePOliyb.png
MUYNhfy.png
L74Jfbv.png
im silas BWi9PQR.gif WKtl2lb.png
nWiQNX9.png
I'm a cancer survivor with a number of problems that are a result of the treatments, either directly or made worse by. Too many to list, but among them are hearing loss, brittle bones and frequent crippling migraines.

One of my best friends and I also have a very rare medical condition that is so rare you wouldn't think two people in the same place would have it. We're both allergic to human blood. I'm not sure if hers is exactly the same as mine, but I know that if either of us get a blood transfusion without the blood being treated first, it can kill us. It isn't a disability, but it is one of the reasons I have to be extremely careful because if I'm ever in need of an immediate blood transfusion, I'm out of luck since it takes several hours to prepare the blood so that it won't kill me.

I also have Dyscalculia (numbers dyslexia). It was a hassle to deal with growing up because it wasn't until I was in Junior High that my school even acknowledged that it was "real".
I'm a cancer survivor with a number of problems that are a result of the treatments, either directly or made worse by. Too many to list, but among them are hearing loss, brittle bones and frequent crippling migraines.

One of my best friends and I also have a very rare medical condition that is so rare you wouldn't think two people in the same place would have it. We're both allergic to human blood. I'm not sure if hers is exactly the same as mine, but I know that if either of us get a blood transfusion without the blood being treated first, it can kill us. It isn't a disability, but it is one of the reasons I have to be extremely careful because if I'm ever in need of an immediate blood transfusion, I'm out of luck since it takes several hours to prepare the blood so that it won't kill me.

I also have Dyscalculia (numbers dyslexia). It was a hassle to deal with growing up because it wasn't until I was in Junior High that my school even acknowledged that it was "real".
"Back in my day, we had to hope a mystical bird beast would incubate our nests because our nesting grounds took so long to render. You youngins and your incubate buttons..." - Akiri
I have SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus).
Yes, it WAS lupus (Doctor House jokes get old).
Because of the treatment, I've also gained a wide range of issues. Like a right hip replacement at 16 years old (I am now 18), osteoporosis, and too many things to write :P

I also have celiac disease, and OCD.
God knows what else I have lurking around waiting to be diagnosed :P
I have SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus).
Yes, it WAS lupus (Doctor House jokes get old).
Because of the treatment, I've also gained a wide range of issues. Like a right hip replacement at 16 years old (I am now 18), osteoporosis, and too many things to write :P

I also have celiac disease, and OCD.
God knows what else I have lurking around waiting to be diagnosed :P
oh goodness guys you are all awesome!
Personally I don't have any disabilities but both my half brothers do. My 17 year old brother was diagnosed with Autism ( PDDNOS) when he was 3 and my 16 year old brother was born with extremely malformed feet that would have prevented him from walking so his feet were amputated before he turned 1.
I did this picture for him for xmas last year :p
http://killishandra.deviantart.com/art/Mech-legs-Matt-339111331
oh goodness guys you are all awesome!
Personally I don't have any disabilities but both my half brothers do. My 17 year old brother was diagnosed with Autism ( PDDNOS) when he was 3 and my 16 year old brother was born with extremely malformed feet that would have prevented him from walking so his feet were amputated before he turned 1.
I did this picture for him for xmas last year :p
http://killishandra.deviantart.com/art/Mech-legs-Matt-339111331
:D!!

I have Ehlers-Danlos, ADHD, sensory processing problems/some kind of as-yet undiagnosed ASD.

(Also I headcanon Spirals as genetically prone to ADHD and executive function problems... just look at the way their breed gets described.)
:D!!

I have Ehlers-Danlos, ADHD, sensory processing problems/some kind of as-yet undiagnosed ASD.

(Also I headcanon Spirals as genetically prone to ADHD and executive function problems... just look at the way their breed gets described.)
not garrison keillor
@Grayven Good god I am so glad there are people who realize dyscalculia is a thing. I was almost flunked straight out of highschool math for this because the only person who believed it was a real thing was my tutor. Of course over a decade later she's the love of my life and my beacon of light in dark times, so hey, some good came out of all those agonizing hours!

I destroyed my depth perception in a construction accident some years ago, and if I strain my eyes for too long I now sometimes lose the ability to see color, or at all. I also have a delightful combination of panic disorder and seizure disorder that means I tend to seize when I get nervous. As of last winter I am also functioning on one lung.
@Grayven Good god I am so glad there are people who realize dyscalculia is a thing. I was almost flunked straight out of highschool math for this because the only person who believed it was a real thing was my tutor. Of course over a decade later she's the love of my life and my beacon of light in dark times, so hey, some good came out of all those agonizing hours!

I destroyed my depth perception in a construction accident some years ago, and if I strain my eyes for too long I now sometimes lose the ability to see color, or at all. I also have a delightful combination of panic disorder and seizure disorder that means I tend to seize when I get nervous. As of last winter I am also functioning on one lung.
Tn4TEAZ.png
More tired of my treatment team than the cancer at this point
Hmm, I have depression, chronic migraines, and dysmenorrhea, which can make day-to-day stuff pretty difficult even if they don't qualify as 'disabilities.' I also have a very, very high chance of getting breast or ovarian cancer as my grandmother and two great-aunts have been diagnosed with the former and an aunt and great-grandmother with the later. I'm gonna pull an Angelina Jolie and just get them both taken off the second I get a positive result. Which reminds me that I need to schedule a doctor's appointment for my yearly!

It's nice to see so many other players on this site having a fun time despite real life issues though. And if anyone is having a bad day and needs to chat, my inbox is always open. :D
Hmm, I have depression, chronic migraines, and dysmenorrhea, which can make day-to-day stuff pretty difficult even if they don't qualify as 'disabilities.' I also have a very, very high chance of getting breast or ovarian cancer as my grandmother and two great-aunts have been diagnosed with the former and an aunt and great-grandmother with the later. I'm gonna pull an Angelina Jolie and just get them both taken off the second I get a positive result. Which reminds me that I need to schedule a doctor's appointment for my yearly!

It's nice to see so many other players on this site having a fun time despite real life issues though. And if anyone is having a bad day and needs to chat, my inbox is always open. :D
Your heart belongs to the wind, ever changing, and ever shifting.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15